Start by marking “To Guide Her Home” as Want to Read:
To Guide Her Home

To Guide Her Home

In the late nineteenth century Lydia Prescott has no ambition to settle down to marriage until she has travelled and seen the world. But her life and emotions are shaken up when she meets Doctor Russell Brooks. Unknown to Lydia, Russ is actually an electronics engineer and living in 1998. They are linked by Lydia’s home, Prescott Grange on the outskirts of Worcester. In Ru ...more
Published July 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about To Guide Her Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Guide Her Home

Start your review of To Guide Her Home
Linda
Russell Brooks is an engineer living in Prescott Grange in 21st century. He just moved in and one night he hears music playing and decides to investigate. The old manor house has been converted into multiple apartments with his being the only one with an outside entrance on the back.
When he follows the sound of the music, he discovers some stone stairs leading up to one of the upper apartments. But, when he goes up the stairs he enters the manor house as it was back in the late 19th century, 18
Annie
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Russell Brooks lives in the 20th Century and Lydia Prescott lives in the 19th Century. Their paths meet after Russell discovers a portal in Prescott Grange. A story about time travel with a difference. Russell and Lydia fall in love, but unforseen events mean that Lydia is forced to marry Doctor Aiden Kinkard, a man she does not love. There is a locked room at Kinkard's house and Lydia unfortunately witnesses first hand, the evil goings on that take place in that room. Russell hears some distres ...more
Anna Faversham
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
As the four stars show - I really liked it.

I’ve read one of Julia Bell’s books before – she’s a good writer so when I saw that she had written a time travel book, I quickly downloaded it. It wasn’t long before I was hooked by this very good story and I started snatching time to read it. Julia Bell knows how to spring a few surprises and this is a story, be warned, that gets a bit gory but there’s a good reason for this.

Raven
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
House in two centuries

Creative use of unsolved serial killer mystery. Love story beyond the ages and social morals. Missing is the why for the portal. Photo album a nice finish.
Maria jimenez
Time Travel: New Release -Julia Bell 6 16 Oct 24, 2015 02:01AM
Time Travel: Time travel with attitude by Julia Bell 1 16 Oct 10, 2015 12:37AM
Time Travel: New member - Julia Bell 2 11 Aug 04, 2015 03:50PM
Romance, Historic...: New Release -Julia Bell 1 4 Aug 02, 2015 07:14AM
I'm a writer of historical romances mostly and I'm pleased to say my historical romance Songbird won a Chill Book Premier Readers' Award in March 2019 and in September 2020 it was the Finalist Winner in historical romance with Readers' Favourite.

I've lived in Yorkshire, England for most of my life. I have two children and five grandchildren with lots more family in the North of England.

I've done m