Start by marking “The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2)

The Angels' Share

(The Bourbon Kings #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  8,252 Ratings  ·  962 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward delivers the second novel in her Bourbon Kings series—a sweeping saga of a Southern dynasty struggling to maintain a façade of privilege and prosperity, while secrets and indiscretions threaten its very foundation…

In Charlemont, Kentucky, the Bradford family is the crème de la crème of high society—just like their exclusive b
Published July 26th 2016 by NAL

Christy
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

“description"/

Secrets, secrets, and more secrets. Oh, the drama! I love it! The Bourbon Kings series is like a big ole soap opera and I just want to grab the popcorn and watch it all unfold. If I thought the first book was addicting and ended with a cliffhanger, I hadn’t seen anything yet. This book was on the long side, but completely fast-paced and compelling. I was concerned that I would have trouble remembering all that happened in book one, but as I read, it all came back to me. It’s one of thos
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“What else am I supposed to do?”
“Call the f*cking Feds! Be normal instead of some kind of Kentucky Fried Tony Soprano!”

As we return to Charlemont, Kentucky, and the endless new challenges now facing the four Bradford siblings in the aftermath of their father’s sudden passing—the myriad of questions surrounding not only his final hours, but also the financial chaos he left behind—we are once more reminded of the utterly addictive quality of J.R. Ward’s writing and her extraordinary ability to
I'm not feeling this book. I don't think I've even read a solid chapter. I'm pushing myself into reading it and I'll end up hating it if I keep up this way.

________________________________________

Alright, I don’t know what to think.

description

First of all, I really hope that’s not the official cover because I rather have the same cover as the first book but with a blue filter than this one but that’s just my opinion.

Now, I’m really excited to see maybe that we’ll have more of Edward so this are my predicti
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Such an amazing series!
I can't wait to see all that drama on tv. The Bourbon Kings series has EVERYTHING a good tv drama needs: LOVE, ROMANCE, SEX, LIES, SECRETS, BETRAYAL, HATE, FAMILY-FEUDS, FRIENDSHIP, WHISKY, SADNESS, HAPPINESS, ...ugh...and so much more.

This 2nd book starts off where we left them all at the end of the first.
For people who don't remember the first one (and haven't done a re-read like I did) and even for people who haven't read the first one at all (#whyevernot?), JR Ward exp
~IreneOust~
This review is 100% spoiler free.

I have NEVER ONCE felt intimidated to review a book. Till now. I simply don't know if my broken English will do this mind-blowing series justice it deserves. But I am going to give it a try ...

As I said half way though my reading progress, I haven't read something this EPIC since 'The Bourbon Kings', the first installment of this brilliant series, back in July. The two weeks I waited for 'The Angels' Share' to go live were the longest two weeks ... possibly EVER.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

In the second installment to the Bourbon Kings series, J.R. Ward delivers a page-turning read with THE ANGELS’ SHARE. If you thought the first book was packed with dark secrets and even darker characters, be prepared for more jaw-dropping surprises that will surely make your head spin. Ward flawlessly executes each twist and turn, resulting in a gripping read that will keep you hooked.

Ward utilizes multiple POVs in this book, just like she does with her BDB series. There are plenty of moments
S.M. West
5++ Falling STARS

This was one magnificent follow up to The Bourbon Kings. The saga of the Bradford family continues with the future of their dynasty hanging in the balance as the secrets, trysts, and intrigue unfolds.

This was a push and pull read for me. I was fully engrossed, magically transported to Charlemont, Kentucky; walking the grounds and halls of Easterly with these characters. And as much as I couldn't get enough, I also wanted to slow down my reading. I didn't want it to end.

"Money d
Jen Davis
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first book this series in an indulgent night-time soap sort of way. And I had even higher hopes for this second installment. After all, I love a good scarred, tortured hero, and Edward definitely fits the bill. In The Bourbon Kings, JR Ward clearly set up the romance between him and Sutton, the daughter of the rival distillery. Or did she?

I think one of my big problems with this book was its total failure to meet my expectations. Maybe that’s my fault. Perhaps I should not have ass
Alex is The Romance Fox
Angels’ Share is the 2nd book in J R Ward's The Bourbon Kings series and continues the saga of the Bradford clan. I really liked the 1st book, The Bourbon Kings - see my review here... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... and I was so looking forward to the next chapter AND DRAMA in the lives of Bradford Clan.

Angel's Share starts off where book #1 ended. Lane Bradford is having to deal with the fallout of the family's financial disasters. Lizzie and Lane are together. Now, I had this thing i
♥Rachel♥
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, favorites
4.5 Stars

Spoilers if you haven’t read the first book.

The Baldwin’s are definitely going through the ringer thanks to their horrid dad, William Baldwin! It’s a trial by fire, and we’re getting to see what each character is really made of. Last we left off in The Bourbon Kings, William (Lane, Edward, Gin, and Max’s father) turned up dead, and Lane discovered the family’s finances were severely depleted. I had thought The Angel’s Share would be mainly Edward and Sutton’s book since Lizzie and Lane’
Gavin
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The Angel's Share was a pretty good follow up to The Bourbon Kings. Just like the first book it was packed with plenty of drama, intrigue, mystery, and romance. I'm not a giant fan of the contemporary romance/drama genre but this series works for me as it feels a whole lot like reading Ward's BDB PNR series. This one lacks the cool paranormal stuff but makes up for it by having plenty of crazy drama to keep things exciting.

This had the feel of a prime time soap opera. It focused on the lives of
Julie
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Angels' Share by J.R. Ward is a 2016 NAL publication.

Well drawn characters, razor sharp dialogue and truly stunning twists and turns kept me turning pages faster than I really wanted to, wishing to savor every nuance of this engrossing novel. The high octane drama had me perched on the edge of my seat, with my jaw hanging open, eyes bulging, reading with bated breath as events spiral in one direction, then another, while the family comes to grips with their new life and the fallout of their
Jacqueline's Reads
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 The Story Continues Stars

Angels’ Share is the second book in The Bourbon Kings series. Angels’ Share continues the Bradford’s family clan stories. Although this book is hinted to mainly focus on Edward’s story, since Bourbon King focuses mainly on Lizzie and Lane, but that is not the case. Angels’ Share continues Lizzie and Lane’s story most in my opinion, but we definitely get a slow build-up on the other sibling’s stories. A little disappointing, but J.R. Ward knows how to create slow tens
♥ℳelody
REVIEW UP

The next chapter in the Bradford family drama. If you are new to this series, start from Book 1. This one is definitely not a stand alone. This is very much an episodic series with an ensemble cast of characters that all play a hand in the Bradford Bourbon business and family drama. Ward approaches this series very much like a soap opera where there are several story threads running at the same time and interweaving with lots of tension, fallout, naughtiness, bitchiness, mystery and ang
Jonetta
This story picks up right where the first book ended with Lane Baldwine struggling to get a handle on and control of his family’s financial crisis while all the siblings deal with the fallout stemming from their father’s surprising death.

If you’re not a fan of dramatic family sagas, you’re probably not going to appreciate this series. Otherwise, sit back and just enjoy the drama because there’s a lot of dish in this one.

Lane and Lizzie have the healthiest relationship of all of them and contin
Alyssa

Book Two of The Bourbon Kings series
Publisher: NAL
Publication Date: July 26, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In Char
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio
My heart breaks and it will be hard to write this review. Selflessness is something I admire most. And though this broken family is full of self important rich people who seem like bad people on the outside, I've watched them grow on the inside. What bothers me most is the person who admitted to the crime, I doubt is the criminal. And it hurts to see an innocent go down. I love Lane. My only complaint in this book is the blurb doesn't seem accurate. This book is less about Edward and Sutton, and ...more
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
JR Ward set the stage for this soap opera style Southern saga in The Bourbon Kings where she introduced this vast ensemble surrounding the country's oldest bourbon company. The barbed bonds between the Baldwine siblings and their parents dripped of both wealth and deceit, privilege and venom. Behind the opulent walls of Easterly Estate are secrets, lies, betrayal and infidelity. The Bourbon Kings framed the backdrop of this storyline, illustrating the lavish lifestyle of the elite Baldwine famil ...more
AH
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Initial Thoughts: Hmm...not exactly what I expected. Perhaps 2.5 - 3.0 stars after I think about this one. No romance. Think Dynasty with lots of bourbon and horses. A few amusing "Wardisms" - I'm not sure that she can resist names that have the letter h *cough* Tiphanii *cough*
The book also feels unfinished - I expect that another book is planned for this series.

The Review:
After much thought and a little discussion with my blogmates, 2 of us agreed that this book was not what we had expected.
Ezinwanyi

This book started right where book 1 ended. Lane and Lizzie were enjoying their reunion while Lane was stressing out about the financial disaster his father left them. According to their accounting , the Baldwine Family were in the red about $68million.
Older Brother Edward was still struggling physically and emotionally from his kidnapping which was setup by his father. When he's sober, he still pines for Shelby, the daughter of their family rival.
Little sister Gin doesn't seem to comprehend the
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Audio Review
OMG- this story is a maze of tragically amazing dysfunction. This story picks up where The Bourbon Kings finishes. There are still multiple POVs and the drama and craziness are still alive and thriving at Easterly.

Lane, Lizzie, Ms Aurora, Gary, Edward, Sutton, Shelby, Gin, Samuel T, Richard Ford, Amelia, Little VE, the late William Baldwine, Max, Mac, Beth, Gary, and I know I have forgot others, make up life at Easterly in Charlemont, Kentucky. This story is a perfect drama for TV. T
Ashley Daviau
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was wondering how this could possibly top The Bourbon Kings and was worried I would be let down by it. I'm so pleased that the exact opposite happened. This book was just as good, if not better, than The Bourbon Kings. I didn't think it possible, but this story had even more drama and secrets than the first one and I loved every second of it! We get to know the characters even better in this book and I've truly grown attached to some of them. I just love the whole cast of them, villains and al ...more
☕ Kimberly
May 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Did you read and love The Thorn Birds? Where you a fan of the television show Dallas or Dynasty? Then I recommend the Bourbon Kings series. It weaves all the elements that made those tales addictive with Ward's impressive ability to tell a story. Ward takes us to Charlemont, Kentucky, There we enter the lives of the Bradford family who built their dynasty on bourbon. We enter through the elaborate front doors and become intimate with Lane, Edward, Max and Gin. We see their reclusive mother, spen ...more
Christopher Rice
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it as much as the original. It's like stepping into a modern-day version of the great nighttime soaps of the 1980's. Delicious, unputdownable reading. Troubled characters from the first book come into their own and accept responsibility for the needs of those around them. A major cliffhanger from the first book serves as the basis for a shocking reveal. The dialogue is sharp and spicy, and there as as many fights as there are tearful reconciliations. It's fun and juicy and when I finished ...more
Love, Holly Xx
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book!!!! The Angel's Share is the sequel to The Bourbon Kings, the equally addictive book about the Baldwine family and the secrets and scandal which seems to unfold with every passing day since the death of their father. It's impossible to get enough of these books, they're all long books which I typically don't like, but the page numbers fade into nothing when I'm immersed in the words of JR Ward.

The Angel's Share starts off right after the end of The Bourbon Kings,
Kat Valentine
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in JR Wards Bradford family saga just goes to show that being wealthy and powerful doesn't guarantee happiness. They family is dealing with the apparent suicide of the corrupt patriarch William Wyatt baldwine a man of low morals and many secrets.while lane seems to be getting his shit together and is trying to get his act together,his sister gin is still headed for the alter with the slap happy piece of shit Richard pford!! Edward is still dealing with not only his feelings with Sutton Sm ...more
Christen
This was soooo good! I need the next book NOW!
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
When it comes to sagas, there is one thing for certain. You have to devote the time to the novel so you can absorb every drop! That is certainly true for this new release.

Full of mystery and back door dealings, the privileged never looked so good or acted so guilty. This saga is loaded with intrigue, twists and turns that keeps you wondering how can they ever salvage the family or the business.

I love Lane and Lizzie. The author has created and tough couple that can take on the worst of the worst
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)
  • Defy the Dawn (Midnight Breed, #14)
  • Dragonmark
  • Guardian's Mate (Shifters Unbound, #9)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Dark Carousel (Dark, #26)
  • The Sweetest Burn (Broken Destiny, #2)
  • Immortal Nights (Argeneau, #24)
  • Just What I Needed (Need You, #2)
  • Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18)
  • Entrapment (Infidelity, #4)
  • Island of Glass (The Guardians Trilogy, #3)
  • Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld, #13)
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Reaper's Fire (Reapers MC, #6)
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

The Bourbon Kings (3 books)
  • The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1)
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
“Because you, my darling, are like poison ivy to me. Even though I know that it will only make things worse, I can't help but scratch."

"Oh, the compliments." She smiled sadly. "You are as debonair as always.”
2 likes
“Dont' try to own problems or faults that aren't yours. It's not a good longterm strategy.” 2 likes