Start by marking “Stalkers: 19 Original Tales by the Masters of Terror” as Want to Read:
Stalkers: 19 Original Tales by the Masters of Terror

Stalkers: 19 Original Tales by the Masters of Terror

Darkness falls quickly when you're being stalked . . . but it is always dark when you are the stalker. This anthology of chilling stories takes listeners into the deepest depths of terror to explore both sides of the hunt. Includes tales from such masters of the genre as Dean Koontz, F.Paul Wilson, Robert McCammon, Max Allan Collins, Trish Janeshutz and many others.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published March 1st 2008 by Phoenix Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Stalkers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stalkers

Start your review of Stalkers: 19 Original Tales by the Masters of Terror
Olivia "So many books--so little time.""
This is a collection of novellas and short stories in which someone is being stalked. Most of the stories are very good.
Karl
Oct 02, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark_harvest-own
This hardcover is copy 345 of 750 and is signed by all 19 contributors plus the illustrator, Paul Sonju.
Olethros
-Valores de la época que reservan sus mejores trabajos para otros libros.-

Género. Relatos.

Lo que nos cuenta. El libro Acosados (publicación original: Stalkers, 1989), con el subtítulo Cazadores y víctimas, es una antología de relatos de horror (tres menos en la edición española que en la publicación original) centrados en esa temática, con Ed Gorman (también responsable del breve prólogo) y Martin H. Greenberg como antologistas, que nos ofrecen varias tramas noir policiales muy distintas, otras
Althea Ann
T
Susan
Feb 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology, 2015
3/10/2010 : Finished these stories last night.

Of all the stories in this book only ONE is by a woman--and it was the very last story. It freaked me out -- arachnophobe!

I enjoy reading Koontz at almost any time and "Trapped" was the entire reason for buying the book.

And re-reading de Lint's "Sacred Fire" was fun even though I of course have all his collections, which means I already have "Sacred Fire" in another book :-)

Trapped • (1989) • novella by Dean R. Koontz
Flight • (1989) • novelette by J
Michael
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Decent collection of shorts, and a novella with stalking as the central theme. Each writer has come up with a unique spin on the idea. While some stories are extremely well written, some are just okay. The draw here would be the Dean Koontz novella that opens things up, but seems to fall flat. Stalkers is great for a nostalgia read, but aside from that, there's not much here for a repeat reading. Most, if not all of these stories were released by the authors themselves and placed in their own s ...more
Lew
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-horror
This is a nice collection of stories of terror and mystery. All about either a stalker or stalkee. I liked almost all the stories. The only two bad stories were "Darwinian Facts" and "Jezebel." All these stories were written in the late 80s. As a sign of those times, two stories was about truckers and CBs were integral part of a trucker's life back then. The best story was "A Day in the Life" but that is mainly due to being a big Repairman Jack fan.
Christine
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes thrillers, fantasy, sci fi, short fiction, horror.
Recommended to Christine by: Friend passed it on to me.
So far so good. As with any short fiction collection, it has it's ups and downs, but overall these are really good tales about stalkers in all their forms... the things that go bump in the night, hit men, etc. The stories are ranging from those set in our world to those set in somewhere that is slightly off. I'd definitely recommend. More later. -- Overall level of writing in most stories is quite high. Definitely recommend this one!
Daelith
May 17, 2009 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Again with another bad read for me. Started out just so-so. Was disappointed in the McCammon story.
I made it to page 219 before closing the cover for good. I can handle little boys squishing frogs and fish (though it is extremely gross). I can not handle it when the writer moved them up to puppies. As soon as I I read the line where the kid opened the box with the furry bundles in it, I was done.
L.
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Stalkers" is a great collection of short stories with a very sinister streak. While some tales are not as good as others, the book overall is definitely worth reading time. In fact, the story about disfigured Air Force cadets who hate truckers and the tale, "Mother Tucker", are worth the price of the book alone.
Jason
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, horror
I've read this book twice now and really enjoy most of the stories it contains. For me it embodies a fun read, nothing to complex or convoluted. Overall I highly recommend giving this anthology a read.
Michael Tildsley
As with any short story collection, there are an assortment of tastes and quality of stories to be found in this collection. Overall, I did enjoy this gathering of horror and thriller stories and novellas.

Here are the ones I considered five-star worthy:

- "Flight" by John Coyne

- "Mother Tucker" by James Kisner

- "River
Kristine
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the best anthologies ever put together. It has some of the best stories by the best and most original horror writers of all time.
jenni1st
Lucas Grant
As with any short story anthology, some writers styles just do not gel with me and when that happens I stop reading. Of the ones I read ( I only skipped 2) most were good and entertaining but only a few stuck with me. Enough good stories to recommend as a nice anthology
Jack Thompson
May 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven't looked at this book in years. I remember some great stories though.
Charles
Jul 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
A very fine anthology including a story, "Trapped," by Dean Koontz, which is truly excellent.
Elsbeth
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nope
Christine
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-misc
The only short story in this collection I really remember is the one by Dean Koontz. I couldn't eat ceral for weeks.
Drew
Aug 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Contains a short story by F. Paul Wilson that introduced me to Repairman Jack, now I've read the entire series. Many great stories.
Lynette

• The Fog
  • The Pale-Faced Lie
  • Autumn Bleeds Into Winter
  • The Haunted Forest Tour
  • The Manitou (Manitou #1)
  • The Creatures of Bluff Creek
  • The Girl in the Basement
  • Lot Lizards
  • Allison
  • Skeleton Crew
  • Bad Chili
  • The Spirit
Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name

Edward Joseph Gorman spent 20 years in the advertising industry before leaving to write full-time in 1984. Since then, he has been incredibly prolific, averaging 2-3 novels a year in addition to many short stories, editing anthologies, and founding and editing Mystery Scene, the new magazine of the mystery field.