Start by marking “Luney Tales (Anthologies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Luney Tales (Anthologies, #1)

Luney Tales (Anthologies #1)

"Luney Tales" is a motley assortment of short stories focused on various themes and genres such as political satire, science fiction, humor and religion.

Included (but not limited to): Murder and mayhem at a daycare center, suicidal robots in the near future, familiar lucid nightmares, and the journal entries of a prisoner from an upcoming trilogy.

The title of the first n
Paperback, 1st, 244 pages
Published July 25th 2015

Win a Copy of This Book

• Luney Tales by Bill Bowyer
    Luney Tales (Anthologies, #1)
    Release date: Jul 25, 2015
    A motley assortment of short stories...and a prequel to an upcoming trilogy.

Paperback copy; I'll be doing a giveaway for Luney Tales as often as poss

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 3 copies available, 298 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 17 - Jan 31, 2017

Countries available: US

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Luney Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luney Tales

R. Bonne
    Sep 04, 2015 R. Bonne rated it really liked it
    Shelves: first-reads
    I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads.

I enjoy short stories and have not read any in a few months so it seemed like a good time to pick up Luney Tales. A small book, the stories are brief and interesting. The author's writing is heavily influenced by Asimov but most of the stories fall short of the magic that the famous sci-fi writer was known for. That aside, the stories in Luney Tales are worth the read if you are a fan of the genre.
    Ana Milosevic
    This is the second book I (amazingly) won throuh Goodreads giveaway and I love it. I received it yesterday, on Women's Day and I love that too, didn't get anything else and since a book is a perfect gift, next to liquor, it made me very happy:) I'm just going to say really quickly how much I like the covers, especially the feel of it, quite pleasant. And sinister. Just like the book itself. I always choose very carefully the giveaways I enter and I am especially pleased with this one, I just loo ...more
    Morgan Parabola
    Sep 03, 2016 Morgan Parabola rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: first-reads
    This is a Goodreads first-reads review.

YES! Thank you Bill Bowyer for writing this collection of short stories. I write a lot of quirky stories full of dark humor myself, so it's refreshing to see another author writing the types of stories that I enjoy reading and writing. There's simply not enough of this type of prose in the world.

"The Sandbox" is probably my favorite. It has a nostalgic quality that reminds me of the Disney show Recess. I love how the daycare was compared and contrasted with
    Andrew
    Oct 14, 2015 Andrew rated it really liked it
    Really liked the quirkiness in these stories. Well written. He wrote the first story from a child's perspective. It brought back childhood memories for me. He switches to a different perspective throughout each story. Though they are quick reads this doesn't diminish the story themselves. I've always thought that short stories are harder to write because you are putting a limit on yourself. You need to convey a lot with those few words. Mr Boyer deftly handled these stories.

Look forward to more.
    Cj Zawacki
    Jan 12, 2016 Cj Zawacki rated it it was amazing
    LUNEY TALES,by Bill Bowyer, is a delightful collection of the author's short stories. The Neighbors story took me back to living in a mixed ethnic neighborhood growing up. The stories are well developed and each has an interesting Twilight Zone flavor to challenge the imagination of the reader. Bowyer's three stories at the end ,titled TALES OF THE FUTURE [I], [II], and [III], take the reader into a diary of a government official presiding at the downfall of civilization.They are a compelling lo ...more
    Devyn
    Apr 11, 2016 Devyn rated it liked it
    I received this book from Goodreads.

This is an odd little book with odd little tales.
    I can't seem to summon up a more fitting description than odd. The stories are a little kooky and mostly definitely dark in content but not necessarily scary.
    The first one about the kids on the playground was my favorite. That was undeniably something I haven't read before and reminded me of the fairy tale that was read to me when I was younger, about the girl with the mysterious ribbon around her neck and when
    Kathleen
    This is such an eclectic collection of Luney Tales that you may find something you really like. "The Sandbox" tells of a crazed playground setting where all goings on may be at the mercy of the fifth grade. "Lucidity" is a quick "psychological thriller" in the most interesting of creepy ways. "The Ten Years" is a futuristic look at the yearning for perfect children. "Smile" was just too gross for me, although I did read it through. "Penn and Papier" was a quirky and brief tale of an unusual auth ...more
    Ryan
    Jan 18, 2016 Ryan rated it really liked it
    I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

I finished reading this moments ago and although I enjoyed the premises of every story within, some left me wishing for a more conclusive ending. 'Smile' is particular started very strong and I had hoped to be left with a bit more. Overall, I really enjoyed this selection of stories and it was perfect for a palate cleanser after a long epic.

Hope to see more from Mr. Bowyer in the future.
    Odeth Morraz
    Nov 29, 2015 Odeth Morraz marked it as to-read
    I thought it was a decent book for this genre. It wasn't something that really scared me or made me paranoid about the things that go bump in the night. Although the first chapter did give me goosebumps and a new outlook on children. It was still a nice book and i would and will recommend it to friends and family members.
    Ken Cook
    Jan 06, 2016 Ken Cook rated it liked it
    Shelves: first-read
    Thinking about this book (I just finished it 5 minutes ago), I'm perplexed to categorize it. A collection of short stories with little continuity, they are all strange in content, although there is some similarity in structure. All relate an alternate contemporary world, and have worthwhile points to raise. But I'm not sure I'd seek out this form of genre again.
    Morgan
    Dec 01, 2016 Morgan rated it really liked it
    I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.

This book by far exceeded my expectations. I have spent the past few weeks reading a short story or two a night. It was the perfect combination of being a light read but also making you think a little.

Hayley Vomund
    Dec 10, 2015 Hayley Vomund marked it as to-read
    I won this book in a goodreads giveaway and I'm definitely excited to get it and start reading! It seems as though it is going to be an entertaining book. Looking forward to reading it!
    Johannah Oleksy
    Johannah Oleksy rated it really liked it
    Sep 05, 2016
    Joanne Hetherington
    Feb 07, 2016 Joanne Hetherington rated it really liked it
    Great book
    Tara Fabulous
    Tara Fabulous rated it it was amazing
    Jan 25, 2016
    John Winston
    John Winston rated it it was amazing
    Dec 02, 2015
    Rhonda L.
    Rhonda L. rated it really liked it
    Jan 15, 2017
    Kirsten Dillard
    Kirsten Dillard rated it really liked it
    Jan 21, 2016
    Emilia
    Emilia rated it it was amazing
    Sep 10, 2015
    Sofi St. John
    Sofi St. John rated it liked it
    Nov 30, 2015
    Gohar Sahakyan
    Gohar Sahakyan rated it it was amazing
    Jan 05, 2016
    Ray
    Ray rated it really liked it
    Nov 15, 2015
    Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
    Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
    Jan 17, 2016
    Bob
    Bob rated it really liked it
    Oct 07, 2015
    Tsamara  Nia
    Tsamara Nia rated it really liked it
    Jun 01, 2016
    Frederick Rotzien
    Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
    Vykki
    Vykki marked it as to-read
    Nikki (Nyx)
    Nikki (Nyx) marked it as to-read
    Sep 11, 2015
    Arnela
    Arnela marked it as to-read
    Kathy Heare Watts
    Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
    Ted
    Ted marked it as to-read
    Ann Ellis
    Ann Ellis marked it as to-read
    Pam
    Pam marked it as to-read
    Mike
    Mike marked it as to-read
    Emiley Allen Bowes
    Emiley Allen Bowes marked it as to-read
    Roxanne
    Roxanne marked it as to-read
    Cynthia Schwarzer
    Cynthia Schwarzer marked it as to-read
    Leland Lee
    Leland Lee marked it as to-read
    Alaina
    Alaina marked it as to-read
    Dawn Obrien
    Dawn Obrien marked it as to-read
    Kme_17
    Kme_17 marked it as to-read
    H-L Library
    H-L Library marked it as to-read
    Terry Pearson
    Terry Pearson marked it as to-read
    Max
    Max marked it as to-read
    Brit
    Brit marked it as to-read
    Heather
    Heather marked it as to-read
    Carla
    Carla marked it as to-read
    Elaine Needelman
    Elaine Needelman marked it as to-read
    Hannah Little
    Hannah Little marked it as to-read
    Larry Hall
    Larry Hall marked it as to-read
    Zandt McCue
    Zandt McCue marked it as to-read
    Cheryl Bradley
    Cheryl Bradley marked it as to-read
    Lamar Jackson
    Lamar Jackson marked it as to-read
    Pam Mooney
    Pam Mooney marked it as to-read
    Making Connections: 4112. LUNEY TALES by Bill Bowyer 1 9 Nov 26, 2015 05:43PM
    About this anthology... 1 4 Aug 01, 2015 07:56PM
    • The Super-Smelly Moldy Blob (Olive & Beatrix #2)
    • The Difference Between Women and Men
    • Tiny Dog
    • Lumpini Park (Abby Kane FBI Thriller, #4)
    • Are the Androids Dreaming Yet? Amazing Brain. Human Communication, Creativity and Free Will.
    • The 2016 Republican Presidential Candidates Coloring and Activity Book
    • Eyes Wide Open 2015: The Year’s Best (and Worst) Movies
    • Suburban Zombie High
    • Merrill's Marauders: The Untold Story of Unit Galahad and the Toughest Special Forces Mission of World War II
    • Nudge
    • Live At Five
    • Magic Wand Ranch
    • The Navy SEAL Art of War: Leadership Lessons from the World's Most Elite Fighting Force
    • The Art of the Locomotive
    • The Eclipsing of Sirus C (Dryden Universe)
    • Deuce (Vortex, #3)
    • Doomed City
    • Maple: 100 Sweet and Savory Recipes Featuring Pure Maple Syrup
    Bill Bowyer grew up in Michigan, where he began writing short stories. Reading the works of Nietzsche, Freud, Asimov and Voltaire are the primary influences for Bowyer.

Aside from writing, Bowyer loves to read, drink beer, watch classic movies, sip whiskey on ice and listen to Frank Sinatra. He is not a vegan.

Bowyer has also started a brand-new blog (Nov. 2016) dedicated to satirical poking-fun of
    More about Bill Bowyer...