Start by marking “Bane” as Want to Read:

A fire burns.
It consumes.
It’s uncontrollable.
It’s irrational.

Rage can become just like a fire, clearing all in its path, killing anything that gets in its way. That’s what happens to a man when the woman he desires is put in harm’s way.

He doesn’t care what happens to him. He protects what is his. He doesn’t apologize for what he has to do. He strikes
Published August 14th 2015 by K. Mayer Enterprises, Inc. (first published July 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Bane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bane

Oct 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Two Weeks Notice Stars

Ever try to quit something but you just couldn't? Maybe it was a job, a guy or just peanut M&Ms, but you kept getting dragged back into it. Yeah, Bane knows your pain.

We first met Bane in the Trust Series. He was the silent strong one. He still is. But here we get his story. Bane works for a Black Ops group. He is not afraid to fight or kill for his country. But when he finds a reason to stop, he wants to take it. He wants more than what he has.

But life isn't alwa
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMGosh, BANE is the man!!!! I was introduced to BANE in the Trust Series but you do not have to have read that series to read BANE (although it adds more dimensions to his character). This book started out with a bang right off the bat. BANE is an alpha male/007 to the max but he has a side to him that will melt you into a swoon puddle for sure. One of my favorite things about Kristin is her ability to write not only a great romance but to add a mystery level as well that give it a certain twist ...more
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not a great fan to be honest.
I didn't like Maren, how took advantage of Bane. I mean she doesn't want to be a paid escort to say it politely but she let him pay her for her time, the hotel, the car... Sorry but this didn't sit well with me at all.
I had better feeling towards Bane even if he was crazy paranoiac for sure.
The story itself went from a lot of action to nothing then back. A real roller coaster that lacked a bit of consistency in my opinion as well as a real motive behind the final a
Jen ❥
I liked the story about Bane, but I couldn't shake the sense of melancholy that persisted throughout the whole book, so it wasn't a happy, feel-good read. I'm not sorry I read it, but it wasn't what I was expecting and not a book I'll read again. The suspense was well-done and the resolution was satisfactory, but I didn't particularly enjoy it as a romance.
Steffy Rogers
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down and was hook, line and sinker from page one.

When I first "met" Bane in Kristin's Trust series I was intrigued and wanted to know more. Imagine my delight when I found he was going to get his own story.
Finally able to leave his secret life, Bane wants nothing more than build a home and a family. The moment he leaves behind his old life he promises to never look back and to only concentrate on his future ahead with the love of his life, Jasmine. But then tragedy st
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book did not live up to the over-the-top marketing plan set out for it, and maybe that was part of the problem. I was expecting something hot and intense - like the fire on the cover. It did not live up to those expectations - and was more of a run of the mill romance novel for me - and kind of a boring one at that. I didn't feel the chemistry, and while I felt bad for the characters, I didn't really have a lot of respect for them because of a lot of poor decisions and life choices. I finis ...more
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Attention grabber for sure!

The story of Bane and Maren is full of ups and downs. Love and trust get them to believe in a great future? But will they be together with Bane's dark past and scary job?
It's a must read!! No spoilers here! You will love each chapter of this book!
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bane is such a tortured soul. He has been through so much in his life and has given up deciding he'll always be alone. Then he meets Maren. She's doing everything she can to save her brother. A chance meeting changes everything. This is a great read!
Denise Anderson
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well let's just say I loved this book! I read it in one day I couldn't put it down it was that good.
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Grammatical errors abound

Luckily, I read this author's newest books, A Twisted Fate Series before I began to explore her other works on Kindle Unlimited. I can see the growth and maturity of her writing through the comparison of the two. Unfortunately, I still have to rate this book as it stands. Maybe one day it will be edited and be a credit to her growth as an author. Good storyline. Grammatical errors kept me disengaged.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I love reading work from this author. Her work is always impeccable. This book was very interesting, not at all what I expected. It has mystery, suspense, devastation, love and sex. There are many twist and turns. You never know who to trust or what is real. With all of that put into one book it leads to an exciting read. I found this to be an easy read, I sat down in one morning and read it from start to finish.

Bane, that is what he goes by. He has worked in a special ops for so long that he is
FMR Book Grind
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing

So I have to say to say that im a huge fan of Kristen’s work. I first fell in love with her work in the Trust series where we were all introduced to Bane. I had a lot of questions about him and where he came from and his background. I have wanted a book about him from the time he was introduced to us all. This book did not disappoint in any way.
Finally I got all the answers about him. I did not ever think that I would love this book more than I did Adam’s from Ripple effect B
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Bane gave me the feels from the moment I started reading it, granted the first ones were confusion that turned into frustration, but then when it made sense, I felt like I was punched in the gut and my heart was being squeezed. I didn't want to tear myself away after that and I felt that all the way through. Bane turned out to be way better than I thought it was going to be and I completely fell in love with it!!

I really liked the heroine! She's strong, light, and giving. It's true that her giv
Nice and Naughty Book Club
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full of suspense, action & heartache, I could not put BANE down until it was finished!!

BANE has seen & experienced more devastation and evilness than any normal man his age. After many years in the super elite and secret Black Division, BANE finally decides he's had enough and wants to settle down with the woman he loves and start a family. When his dreams are shattered he seeks revenge on those who have taken away his chance at happiness and vows to stop at nothing until they a
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“I wanted Maren. Jasmine had been my past. Maren was my future. I’d come after her if I’d had the willpower to leave in the first pace. Resisting Maren wouldn’t be possible.”

5 on the edge of my seat stars!! This book was an intense ride from beginning to end! So glad I read this book!!

A fire burns.
It consumes.
It’s uncontrollable.
It’s irrational.

Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This is such a wonderful book. It kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing wondering how they were going to manage to get through all the complications that see to constantly be coming after Bane. My heart broke for Bane and I felt so bad that he had to go through everything he did. That he had to live with the fear that something may happen if he cared about anybody. Then there was Maren who is such a strong, loving person who can't seem to catch a break in life and finally whe ...more
Elle Ramsey
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you think Bane was hot in that snip we got in the Trust Series, wait until you really meet Bane in his own book! OH WOW! He's hot, he's bossy, he's protective, he's everything you want in the perfect book boyfriend. Have I mentioned he's HOT?! I love the fighting feelings he has for Maren, he's only to protect her, and she's only to stay with him for protection, but their feelings can't be fought. Maren deserves a new start in life, Bane is there to make sure she gets it. I definitely didn't ...more
Donna Mcaleer
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Love Bane! I have loved this character since he was first introduced in the Trust Me series. This book was everything I wanted and so much more. I read this book almost straight through as I couldn't put it down. Maren and Bane are the perfect couple and this book is so exciting you can't wait to see what will happen next. Bane, the serious badass who appears to be totally without emotion and Maren sweet loving but extremely lonely and totally alone, their relationship is so well written. I
Brandy Rivers
Aug 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an exciting book. I had been wondering about Bane since Trust Me.
Bane's a complicated man. Running from a past that really screwed with his head and heart
Just when he thinks he has his life together Maren shows up in his life to twist around everything he thought he knew about himself and what he was capable of feeling.
Maren's dealing with her own issues, but nothing is quite what it seems
Great book, keeps moving. I definitely recommend it if you like a little suspense with your spicy r
Cara Webb
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Holy hotness that is Bane! I have loved all of Kristin's work so far and this one is no different for me. First I love her writing style, everything flows the way that it should. As for the book itself, I laughed and cried and swooned throughout the entire book. Bane is all alpha and is totally amazing. I loved getting to see what makes Bane, well Bane. And Maren is the perfect match for him. She is sweet and just all around what he needs.
Nancy Metsch
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I want to start this review by saying Kristin Mayer is an amazing writer.
I was literally on the edge of my seat while reading this book. Then at the end I yelled my kindle. The book was fast moving and Bane was a true mystery. Letting us see bits and pieces as the story unfolded. He scared me a lot, but when he opened up his heart I softened towards him. This was one of those books that I wish I could have given more then 5 stars
Kelly Brock
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bane at last

I've been waiting for Bane's story ever since the Trust Me Series and I was not disappointed.

Bane and Maren's story is full of suspense, intrigue, love, and of course steamy scenes (although wish they were not so quick and short).

Also great to have a few scenes with Damien and Allison.

Love this author and can't wait for more from her.
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Intrigue, mystery, action, romance and love. This book has it all. I liked the "Promise" series, I really liked Ripple and Domino Effect, but I loved Bane. Bane was a trained government killer but was protective of those he loved and he loved Maren. It seems they will never get their happy ending, but they do.
Ana winegar
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
he has done his duty and is ready to settle into happiness. but his past will never let him go. she needs his protection and he will never allow anything to happen to her. you will go thru pain and tears and joy and love. this book has it all, Kristin did such a beautiful job
Aug 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2015
DNF @ 43%
I kept getting jarred out of the flow of the story by improper word use or sentence structure. Additionally, I often found the characters' mood shifts awkward and/or unbelievable.

That said, I thought the story had potential and clearly others have greatly enjoyed it!
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thank you! Loved reading Banes story!

I have been waiting to read Banes story and I was not disappointed! Kristin did an amazing job telling this story and the plot twists were great! Never saw them coming! Thank you for letting us see the Wales again as I have been missing them.
Jessica Bayron
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting quick read. Story of Bane and Maren who meet in odd circumstances and through it find love.
Kara Hull
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I am so happy Bane got his own book!
Claudine Van
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Wasted Love
  • Hearts of Glass (Glass Trilogy, #3)
  • Hard Act to Follow (Shooting Stars, #3)
  • The Phoenix Campaign (Grace Colton #2)
  • What If She Does
  • MVP (VIP, #3)
  • The Girl of Tokens and Tears (The Half Shell, #2)
  • Overexposed (In Focus, #4)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • Gravity
  • Evening Storm (Irresistible #4)
  • Lost in Flight (Complicated Love, #2)
  • None
  • Beyond Broken (The Bay Boys, #3)
  • Out Of The Blue (Bama Boys, #2)
  • South Row
  • Ahead of the Darkness (The Darkness, #1)
  • Sunday Schooled

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dance with Me (Rice, Luanne)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)