Start by marking “Beneath the Lake (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Lake (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #1)

Beneath the Lake

(Lake Lanier Mysteries #1)

A ghost town submerged beneath Atlanta's famous man-made Lake Lanier reportedly lures victims to a watery grave. But when Lacey Montgomery's car spins out of control and hurtles into the depths of the icy, black lake, she awakens in the arms of a handsome stranger, in a place she’s never heard of—thirty-four years before she was born. When the 2012 lawyer tangles with the ...more
Paperback
Published August 5th 2015 by Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Lake

Dianne
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From Casi McLean - Enter to win One of FIVE Five Novella sets of The Destiny Series
The Lead up to Beneath the Lake!
Click on Banner to Enter - Intl where allowed!

Sometimes the worst moment of your life can lead you to the future you were meant to live. Lacey was witness to her boyfriend’s infidelity and her flight from the heart breaking will send her careening into the icy bowels of a frigid lake. She awoke in the arms of her future, while discovering she had been hurtled over thirty years into
Julie

description

This is the first book that I've read by Casi McLean and I believe the first that I've read about time-travel. I'm thinking that I'm wrong about that though ...

Before sitting down to write this review, I really scoured other reviews to make sure that I wouldn't leak a secret that would really ruin the book for someone. This was not a fun task ... I absolutely hate reading what someone else thinks of a book right before I write my review, I don't want their thoughts to sway what I think, you kno
Mary Mooney
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads, so here is my review.
I love time travel, I think if it were possible I would love to travel back in time. But for now I will continue to read this type of stories instead.
Lacey Madison Montgomery starts out in 2012 going to a ritzy party her best friend Piper is having, and she hates parties. Turns out after she gets there, she seems to be having a good time, that is until she catches her boyfriend in the arms of another
J. Kahele
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a story

I don't believe I have ever read about a time travel romance before and I have to say this was very good.

After catching her boyfriend in a compromising position, Maddie leaves the party. The rain is pouring like crazy outside and her car skids and she loses control. Her car plummets off the side and towards the lake below.

She crawls out of the car and tries to make her way up the side, slips and begins to descend down the side.

She wakes up the next morning black and blue from head to
CD {Boulder Blvd}
My thoughts were all over the place with this book and I had a difficult time compiling my review.

I really liked the story and the characters in Beneath the Lake but struggled with the execution. There were parts where I was really pulled in and others where the story line dragged a bit. At the beginning, after a really good start, it seemed to get a little choppy with the back and forth between past and present. (Of course, present is relative when you are talking about time travel.)

What I like
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
I’ve got to start off by saying I usually stay clear of time travel books. I’m so glad that made it on my reading list as I really enjoyed it.

Lacey is running from a party after getting her heart broken. The weather isn’t good and her car skids off the road taking her into a lake.
After wakening up she finds a strange man but it gets even stranger when she realises she’s living in 1949.

This book surprised me in how much I enjoyed it. Once I got into the swing of point of views and different time
Jackie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whole city beneath a man made Lake. Different type of story for me. So enjoyable.
Katie O'Sullivan
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
First, can I gush a little about the cover? LOVE it! Sweet but menacing at the same time. I'm not sure that's how I picture the hero, but the artist got the heroine so right! Okay, on to the story...

I love time travel novels, especially when they offer something unique. In Beneath the Lake, author Casi McLean gives readers a new and interesting twist with a novel that shifts back and forth to give us different perspectives on events through time as they happen "simultaneously."

The book starts fi
Starr Gardinier
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put “Beneath the Lake” by Casi McLean down. Warning! If you don’t have time to sit down and read, don’t pick this book up. Seriously, it grabbed me from sentence one and you won’t want to put this book down and go back to work.

Innocently, Piper invites her best friend Lacey to a party. At the party, Lacey finds her boyfriend Cole in the arms of another woman. Dashing from the party, she rushes out into a storm and ends up crashing her car.

It’s when she wakes us her journey begins. It’
Dísir
A series of (orchestrated) events come together in a perfect storm to hurtle Lacey Montgomery into the past, where she meets the love of her life; unbeknownst to her, she'd already met him at a party earlier but doesn't quite recognise him because she has yet to go back in time to meet him.

Confused much, yet?

'Beneath the Lake' is a paranormal romance story with all the ingredients of suspense and mystery, wrapped up in a whooping blanket of syfy-induced time travelling and its consequences.

My
Jeannie
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alvin J.
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Fellow Fiction Fanatics,

I'd like to bring to your attention Casi McLean’s newest release, Beneath The Lake. The story is a charming tale of time travel, suspense and the power of true love. I would not be surprised to see this novel thrusting Casi into a movie production. In one sweeping effort, she stirred together the magic of time travel, a riveting mystery, and a star-crossed love affair for the ages.

Her writing captures your interest from the first page and holds you captive with mesme
Sandra Dailey
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received this book free for an honest review. I have no personal connection to the author.*
Beneath the Lake is a time travel romance. It targets all age groups and has a heat level of sweet, (just a hint PG13).
I’d like to be professional and tell you about the plot, characterization, etc…, but the only words that come to mind are HOLY COW! This story has it all. It’s the kind of story other authors are going to enjoy reading – and probably be inspired by. It’s a story that will stay with any
Kameron
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

If you enjoyed the movie The Lake House (starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, 2006) then you'll absolutely adore this novel. Two destined souls, from two different time periods, united (or reunited in their case) through a chain of events. Like the movie, it was sweet, romantic, and had a HEA.

But the story doesn't end when the soul mates find their way back to each. No, Casi had a couple more surprises up her sleeve which kept
MeganTheNinja
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike anything else I've ever read! Suspenseful and entertaining, was hard to put the book down once I started reading. A brilliantly written, extremely original plot that never leaves you bored while reading. 100% recommend!
Richard
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mclean
I don't normally read 'romance novels', but this one is quite good.
Not a lot of bodice ripping stuff... and no bedroom scenes...
a good story, some loose ends, which I expect the follow on novels will address.
Well done.
Gabyw
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love the style and the characters. the story kept me entertained from the beginning.
no cliffhanger
happy well developed ending without being cliché.
Marsha Paul
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a great book! Twists and turns...unexpected outcomes...Loved it!
Amy Stevens
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from goodreads giveaways. I loved this story , it brings together the present and the past . Totally loved the ending . I will be sharing this book for others to read.
Ana Weinfurter
Nov 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wonderfully written. Kept me guessing who Rob was till the end! The author did a wonderful job
David Styles
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I have this tendency to buy books on a recommendation and then read them a week or more later. This has the side-effect that I’ve often forgotten what it said in the description by the time I come to read it, especially as I invariably have a lot of books in my to-read list. Sometimes, that means I get a surprise when a book isn’t the genre I thought it would be.

In this case, this had the effect that it wasn’t at all clear to me that this was a time-travel story, and could entirely have been
Kathryn Knight
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
This is going to be a difficult book to review without giving away major spoilers! I had a very different idea of what was going on in the beginning of the book than what it turned out to be. It was a surprising plot twist that was nicely done. But, since it's no secret the book is about time travel, I will say there are some mind-blowing moments. I listened to this on audible, and I played back a few scenes to appreciate how the pieces all fit together...it's a complicated plot, but the author ...more
Lisa Stanton
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
So, Beneath the Lake was my first Casi McLean novel, first time travel romance too and i gotta say, I really enjoyed it, I like to try new genres when I’m in a book funk and this one definitely bought me out of said book funk. It starts 2012 at a party thrown by Laceys friend which ends in heartache and Lacey leaving in a storm, crashing her car in, stumbling into the Lake and waking up 1949, where she meets the man of her dreams Bobby, the jumping back and forth was a little confusing at the st ...more
Maria
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting and intriguing
At first it was a bit slow and confusing but then the story picks speed and I was wondering what is gonna happen and how

The author has a great imagination and the form that she finishes all the history of the places and persons was very good
Donna Fasano
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed everything about Beneath The Lake by Casi McLean. I like a story I can sink my teeth into, and this book provided that. The multiple time lines running through the story kept me on my toes. The characters are well-drawn and interesting. The plot moved along at a nice pace, and I was thoroughly engrossed and left guessing right to the very end. This is a great read!
i fall in love book blog
4 Stars

Beneath the Lake was my first time travel romance, and I’m sure it won’t be my last. There was something about all the details coming together to form a complete story that hooked me. At the end of the book I was in love.

The descriptions are what drew me in at the beginning, but slowly I began to fall in love with the characters.

I turned in a huff, glancing over the banister, and realized I wasn't alone. All eyes gazed up as if some starlet had spilled fine Bordeaux on her snow-white Vale
DebA
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I read an amazing tale of love that surpassing time and space. A romantic wholesome whimsical tale about second chances, time travel, and rediscovering true love. This may be a long story (398 pages) but it's so worth it in the end. You're in for a big surprise. By the time I finished the story, I was so overwhelmed by happy tears. I couldn't wipe the tears away fast enough. Please make sure to keep a box of tissue handy before you finish the book.

Read the book to find out what happens in the st
Sarah Wayne
I felt like this read as a series of notesbor journal entries instead of a novel. I enjoyed the idea behind the plot and found that unique, which made me want to read it. I'd never read anything by this author before but I see great potential, especially with editing and formatting. I loved the heroine and the descrptive inner dialog but found the hero bobby annoying. I kept imaging that every time he spoke, was in a ultra feminine high pitched voice and fast. I don't know why I did this but bec ...more
Jennifer Scott
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this story from Net Galley. Yay books!

Spoilers possible ahead...

At fist I really hated the going back and forth in time. It got on my nerves real quick...until about half way through when my brain clicked it all together...and then it was like "OOOHHHH! That makes sense now!"

Actually, you kind of start thinking that Rob means to murder Lacey. Really.

But it all makes sense in the end. Kind of sad about Drew though. But I guess I could say the same about Maddie and Bobby too.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

“Beneath the Lake” is an original new-adult tale of a time-traveling conundrum.

Read full review in the 2016 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The MFRW Book Place: Beneath The Lake 1 4 Nov 27, 2017 09:45AM
The MFRW Book Place: 20 Jan 2017 - Beneath the Lake 1 1 Jan 20, 2017 03:28AM
Time Travel: New Time Travel Release Needs Reviews 3 12 Sep 26, 2015 05:26AM
  • Our Kinda Love (What Kinda Love #2)
  • Resistance (Hathe, #1)
  • Whatever It Takes (Saratoga Falls Love Story, #1)
  • Angel Eclipsed (Louisiangel, #2)
  • Splintered Energy
  • Rubies Fall (Diamonds Fall #2)
  • Hotline to Hell
  • Through the Maelstrom
  • Falling for Forever (Before Forever, #2)
  • Mesilla
  • The Memory of Blue Sky
  • The Jakkattu Vector (Jakkattu, #1)
  • Shimmers of Stardust
  • Deliverance
  • Carried Away (The Tempus Fugitives Trilogy, #2)
  • Fake Dating Her Best Friend's Brother
  • Ben and the Watcher of Zargon
  • The Moonshadow's Daughter (Wolfe Creek, #3)
USA Today & Amazon Best Selling Author, Casi McLean, pens novels to stir the soul with romance, suspense, and a sprinkle of magic. Her writing crosses genres from ethereal, captivating shorts with eerie twist endings to believable time slips, mystical plots, and sensual romantic suspense.

Known for enchanting stories with magical description, McLean entices readers with fascinating hooks to hol

Lake Lanier Mysteries (3 books)
  • Beyond the Mist (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #2)
  • Between the Shadows (Lake Lanier Mysteries, #3)