Start by marking “The Raping of Ava DeSantis” as Want to Read:
The Raping of Ava DeSantis

The Raping of Ava DeSantis

Set in 1991 in Atlanta, Georgia, The Raping of Ava DeSantis tells the story of a working class college student who is brutally attacked by three wealthy fraternity brothers, then confronted with the decision of a lifetime: accept money to stay quiet or seek justice with the police. What she does in response is the basis of this captivating woman’s revenge horror-thriller ...more
Published October 13th 2015 by Rockefeller Publishing Group, Inc. (first published September 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Raping of Ava DeSantis, please sign up.
Liu Yang Those are book blogger awards. AMB Magazine is a woman's blog about entertainment, books, makeup, fashion (I check on it every now and then). Not sure…moreThose are book blogger awards. AMB Magazine is a woman's blog about entertainment, books, makeup, fashion (I check on it every now and then). Not sure if they give out Pulitzer Prizes for horror/smut/violence! LOL!(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Liu Yang
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Raping of Ava DeSantis
Paul Nelson
The Raping of Ava DeSantis by Mylo Carbia is a knockout 'I Spit on your Grave' style revenge horror that is perfectly paced and practically impossible to put down.

The first chapter takes place in 2006 and a gentleman's trip to a sex club, his new dominatrix takes things purposely too far and he ends up with a plastic bag on his head, 3 minutes and counting. The whispered words of a name from the past, the last thing he will ever hear.

The story then goes back to its origin and 1991 where 18 year
David Sharp
Sep 26, 2015 rated it did not like it

Review from HorrorUnderground.org

The Raping of Eva DeSantis
Rockefeller Publishing Group
Author: Mylo Carbia

Set in 1991 in Atlanta, Georgia, The Raping of Ava DeSantis tells the story of a working class college student who is brutally attacked by three wealthy fraternity brothers, then confronted with the decision of a lifetime: accept money to stay quiet or seek justice with the police. What she does in response is the basis of this captivating woman’s revenge horror story that will have readers
Michael Naylor
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had heard good things before the release of this book so when I saw it had been released I picked up a copy. This is an excellent and fast-paced horror. The main part of the story is based 15 years after the actual attack when she decided it is time to take some revenge for the suffering they have caused her. It is odd in a way to be rooting for the killer but you really cannot help it here as gruesome as the deaths are you can't help but feel they deserve it. The ending was brilliant and very ...more
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
This title made me feel reeeaaaally iffy until I learned that, apparently, the assault scene is incredibly brief and the rest of the story is about REVENGE. Yeah, I’m always here for stories about survivors getting back at their attackers.
Dawn Dolly
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book caught my attention after two friends of mine had read it and couldn't stop talking about it. I hate when people tell me spoilers and let me know the endings of books before I read them- so I knew I had to read this book, and quick, before they spilled their knowledge to me on the storyline. It didn't take long for me to get in pace with this story though- and I sat down and finished it much quicker than I anticipated. This book was so well written and had me on the edge of my seat the ...more
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
I have been looking forward to meet and greet a good horror story since I haven’t tried a pure horror novel in my life. That’s when I got my hands on this novel and found reviews comparing the author to Stephen King. It was a mistake from my part to believe a novel praised as the next Stephen King to be a great debut to my horror novel exploration. The Raping of Ava DeSantis was one of the most underwhelming adventures, especially when the author proclaims herself as “The Queen of Horror”. This ...more
Kathleen
For being about such an awful subject, the writing is somehow able to be light and even full of humor in parts. I wasn't sure I'd be able to read the part about the actual rape, but when I saw the circumstances surrounding it and knew about the feelings of the characters, I needed to understand exactly what happened. The revenge is thorough and the ending is quite unexpected. As you probably do expect, the book is graphic with plenty of sex and violence. The story behind those aspects and the ...more
Pete Kahle
Apr 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Wow. Queen of Horror? My Ass. I had my doubts when I saw that many of the "awards" were from shadow sites that all have the same origin. Now that I've read it, I'm certain that the majority of her top reviews are from sock puppet profiles.

It's pretty pitiful that people fall for this. The only people getting raped are the consumers
Alondra Miller
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Won in Goodreads Giveaways!*

I don't even know what to say.

I picked this book up last night at 10:30 and did not put it down until 1:30 or so; when I finished. I can't believe I just read the whole thing.

This is not the best written novel of the 21st century; it won't win the Nobel prize in literature; but it was GOOD.

The Raping of Ava De Santis is all about revenge at its worst. We don't get a lot of background as to Ava's recovery, or her life during the time of her convalescence, healing and
Noel Penaflor
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, horror
Mylo Carbia is one of my favorite horror writers. TRO Ava Desantis is another reason why. Starts off as a typical revenge story, then veers off in ways that no one should spoil. Yes, it's over-the-top, but Carbia writes with such style that you don't care because you're enjoying the ride. If you like your horror gory and with a blood splash of mordant wit. I can't recommend this higher.
Melanie
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have wanted to read The Raping of Ava DeSantis for a while. I'd read some reviews on it on another site and thought it sounded good, but in honesty the title kind of put me off. Its kind of obviously we are going to have to hear about the raping and that's always hard to read. Still, like I read on another review I will add, don't let the title put you off!

This book is twisted as f*ck. Mylo has such a way of writing that its like she's putting down facts and describing the settings and scenes
Colleen Lowe
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
‘The Raping of Ava DeSantis’ is an excellent piece of fem horror. I wasn’t familiar with Mylo Carbia’s work before, but now I know she’s an author to watch.

Carbia does an excellent job of capturing the quiet rage that comes with this kind of mistreatment. As Ava DeSantis decides to seek revenge after years of silence, the anger and sense of vigilante justice is palatable.

Like all great literary horror, Carbia creates vivid images that stick in your mind long after you put the book down. The
Evida Suntoyo
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is #1 Bestseller on Amazon (it went on sale early!)

I see a lot of people here have put this novel on their bookshelf but don't know it went on sale early on Amazon. When I went to put in my pre-order, I saw it was already #1 Bestseller in Horror, then I was shocked to see both the print and eBook version went on sale one month ahead of its release date. I looked on other sites which still have the October 13 date, so not sure why that is (special program I guess).

Doesn't matter, just
Stacy Fetters
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"His pale blue eyes filled with surprise as she hurled a thick, clear plastic bag over his head... twisting and twisting and twisting the bottom of the bag clenched tightly in her grip. Mmmhhuur!!! Only his eyes spoke through the foggy bag... until those pale blue fish eyes filled with the glorious sound of silence."
They don't call Mylo the "Queen of Horror" for nothing. This will make you think twice before anyone oversteps their boundaries ever again.
Received at BEA Chicago 2016. Met the
Mia
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love getting ARC’s especially high-profile books that people are waiting for. Let me just tell you, this book was fantastic. It was compelling from the very first page. It’s about a college girl in 1991 who gets assaulted by rich kids then spends the next two decades destroying their lives. The scenes are movie-like, like nothing I’ve ever read before. There is a big surprise ending too which I never saw coming and totally works. But what I love most about this book is that it’s not too long ...more
Cindy
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Witty, cleaver, brilliant, original, creative, gruesome, sarcastic, vivid, evil, sadistic, a true masterpiece of horror. As good as Stephen King's "Carrie" some may say even better. Kept me guessing and thinking way after I finished reading it. To say I was impressed to learn this was a debut novel would be an understatement. However, to those that don't like the "F" word, it is used repetitively. Plus the murder scenes are, how do I say this, more than what some imaginations can handle. This ...more
Ilene
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, 2015
One of the best books I read this year! This book was page after page on the edge of your seat until the end. Writing was so good and story was in such an enjoyable pace it was very easy to zip through this book. The twist at the end, I did not see coming! To me that takes talent as a writer. I definitely am looking forward to the next book by this author.

I do want to point out to those that don't like violent and disturbing situations you may not want to read.

I received a free copy for an
Rebecca Skane
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, crime-fiction, usa

Quick read. Not that terrifying, but a good revenge story nonetheless and a nice twist at the end. Full review: The Raping of Ava DeSantis Book Review
Ananya
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
SO i finally feel like writing a review.....
This was my first time reading a horror novel with a rape theme. I picked it up merely because I wanted to know what the buzz was all about. I expected a book version of I Spit On Your Grave.
But what I got was a helluva rollercoaster ride. I experienced a whirl of emotions : Horror and pity when I realized the extent of Ava's damages (view spoiler) I genuinely felt bad thinking about
Jackie Wang
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading about all the great reviews online, this book piqued my interest. When I saw the blurb mention “Gone Girl” and “Girl on the Train”, I was sold (those are my two favorite books).

The Raping of Ava DeSantis is a chilling horror/thriller about vigilante justice. As soon as I read the first chapter, I was immediately hooked by Mylo Carbia’s fluid and engaging writing style. This book is chilling and at times gruesome- my favorite kind of book. This book will make you wince and groan
Boundless Book Reviews
This book follows a young woman who after getting hurt the worst way imaginable, years later seeks revenge for her attackers. This revenge is brought in many horrible ways.

This book was not an "Easy" read, but it was a good one all the same. It was action packed and full of suspense and horror. It was written very well and had me enthralled from page one. It was definitely a book that was hard to put down. As a matter of fact I read it in one sitting.

I have to say I felt pained for Ava for going
Gladys
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: exclusive
This well-crafted debut novel of Mylo Carbia is a definite must-read! Just a few pages in and I can’t put it down. The story shows the thin line between justice and revenge, and Carbia did it in one sweep.

The plot is very impressive, Ava wanted revenge, but you’ll never know when she’ll strike and how she’ll do it. I can’t help but cringed and be amazed at the same time, on how descriptive and accurate the scenes – as if I’m watching a movie in my head.

I’m looking forward to reading more of
Liu Yang
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves hardcore thrillers, mystery and horror.
Recommended to Liu by: Received an Advance Reader Copy from Rockefeller Publishing in NY
I had the privilege of reading an Advance Reader Copy of this novel and it's mind blowing. I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks when it's released this October. UPDATE (9/14/15): Read it this weekend for a second time. Holy cow! The clues for the big ending were right there all along. I loved this novel even more the second time around. A must-read for lovers of edgy, mystery revenge books.

Brooke
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Perfect October horror read. This book was dark but fun. It was a book that I actually thought about between reading sessions and enjoyed making predictions about what would happen.The biggest strength this author brings is the ability to show and not just tell--which I imagine has a lot to do with her background in writing screenplay. I did win this book in a goodreads giveaway, but I will be looking forward to this author's work again in the future.
Bree
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I read it straight through last night. Hooked from the beginning and could not close the book. You have the tragedy of horror, followed sometime later by the revenge (OMG), and then the twisted ending. Terrific in every way.

It is so good I want to read it all over again. A wonderful horror of creepy suspense.
Cassandra Shepherd
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
* I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway*

I read this book in one sitting. All 390 pages of it. I don't want to say much because I don't want to spoil the ending, but it was a pretty good read. Hard to imagine someone planning their whole life around revenge..but this chick gets hers.
Diane Hernandez
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
More of a thriller than a horror story but it has a very good plot. It was definitely a page turner. I particularly liked how the rape was not graphically described. Many of the significant plot points are innovative. I don't want to say more because the story is better the less you know about the plot in advance.

I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway but that has not impacted my review.
Margie Watson
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book for a honest review. I finished this book in one day!! I was at the edge of my seat trying to figure out what would happen next. The story was very well written and if you have the stomach for a little revenge I would recommend it. I was surprised with the ending and I hope there is a second book planned because I have alot of unanswered questions about Wesley.
Christina Szczepan-santos
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how I came across this book but wow!
What a bunch of twist and turns.
Very well written.
It reminded me alot of I spit on your grave movie. The revenge that follows rape.
It was a quick read and very well written.
Icet208
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great novel. Totally kicks ass.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Brother
  • Apartment Seven
  • The Company She Keeps
  • Revenge
  • The Pretty Ones
  • Name of the Devil (Jessica Blackwood #2)
  • The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives
  • Dollar Bahu
  • Horrorstör
  • The Neighbors
  • Lost You
  • The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1)
  • Naomi's Room
  • Clever Kawaii Treats Recipes: A FUN Cookbook of Japan’s CUTEST Dish Ideas!
Mylo Carbia is a Hollywood screenwriter turned #1 bestselling author widely known for her work in the horror-thriller genre and trademark of surprise twist endings.

Ranked 7th in "The Top 10 Horror Writers Alive Today" and among "The Top 250 Most Influential Authors" by Richtopia.com, her award-winning writing style has been described as "a perfect mix between Stephen King, M. Night Shyamalan and
“No amount of therapy can replace the joy of revenge writing.” 8 likes
“The biggest difference between writing a movie and writing a novel? No one ever tries to sleep with me to get into one of my novels.” 2 likes