Start by marking “Conflict of Interest (Employee Relations #1)” as Want to Read:
Conflict of Interest (Employee Relations #1)

Conflict of Interest (Conflict of Interest #1)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  38 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Ambitious and insightful, Gabby DiVirgilio only has one thing standing in the way of her climbing the corporate ladder: her new business partner, Lucas McCarthy. He's arrogant and dismissive, driving her mad with his sexy Irish accent in every possible way.

Recently promoted to the executive ranks, Lucas must prove that he’s the right man for the job. He never expected that
Published July 8th 2016 by CreateSpace

Win a Copy of This Book

• Conflict of Interest by Teresa Michaels
    Conflict of Interest (Employee Relations #1)
    Release date: Jul 08, 2016
    Enter for a chance to win one of 10 signed copies of Conflict of Interest by Teresa Michaels!!!

Breaking the rules has never been so tempting!

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 276 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jul 15 - Sep 15, 2016

Countries available: US

Format: Print Book

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Conflict of Interest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conflict of Interest

Beautiful Bastard by Christina LaurenTangled by Emma ChaseThe Proposal by Katie AshleyThe Proposition by Katie AshleyBeautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
    Erotic Office Romances
    127th out of 156 books — 327 voters
    Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsSeduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
    Witty/Funny Couples
    249th out of 435 books — 511 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina
    Jul 08, 2016 Christina rated it it was amazing
    I LOVE this book! It is hot and steamy with lots of sweet mixed in! I adore Gabby! She is so lovable, and I connected with her right away! Lucas is definitely swoon worthy, and is an amazing book boyfriend!! Forbidden love?? Who can resist??!!

The book opens with a bang, and you won't stop turning the pages until the very end. Teresa has an amazing way of pulling you into a story and doesn't let you go until the very end, and even then, you'll be begging for more!! Her writing is smooth, articula
    Carol
    I really enjoyed reading Conflict of Interest.
    I LOVE office romances and t his one didn't disappoint.
    At the end there were some (minor) lose ends and things I wanted to have been more explores, but overal it was a really good read!
    Great characters, great chemistry, great tension and a good story behind all that!!!
    Karen
    Jul 16, 2016 Karen rated it really liked it
    I've had my issues with HR personnel, I mean, everybody has, right? But I wish Gabby had been at every company I'd worked at. She was professional, smart, caring, and she wasn't just about her job description.

Throughout the book she had an agenda, but I couldn't fault her since it benefited (see what I did there?) so many others. While her family couldn't take advantage of the program for long, other employees would be able to use the services for years to come.

Now let me talk about Lucas. Wher
    R.C. Boldt
    Jul 12, 2016 R.C. Boldt rated it it was amazing
    This is the first book I've read by Teresa Michaels and it certainly won't be the last. Conflict of Interest was incredibly well-written with likeable characters. The writing pulled me in right from the beginning and I enjoyed the pace of the story and the supporting cast of characters. It was refreshing to read about an office romance that had so many realistic components and wasn't far fetched as some tend to be.
    Don't waste your time reading any other reviews for this book. Trust me. Go and on
    Kristina at For The Love Of Books
    Loved the story of Lucas and Gabby. More review to follow soon!!!!
    Vickie White
    Jul 27, 2016 Vickie White rated it really liked it
    Conflict of Interest is the latest offering from author Teresa Michaels and my first book by this author and I was not disappointed. A captivating read that held my interest from start to finish.

Gabby DiVirgilio is climbing the corporate ladder, she is career focused, driven, knowledgeable and has only one obstacle in her way from climbing said ladder and that is her new business partner Lucas McCarthy. He's aloof, cocky and driving her insane with his sexy Irish charm in every possible way...

Lu
    Shelly's Book Corner
    Aug 02, 2016 Shelly's Book Corner rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: lourdes-reviews
    This is the story of Gabby and Lucas, polar opposites who must work together in order to achieve their career goals. While she’s a wholesome girl from an Italian family, altogether happy and extroverted, he is an Irish loner, without any visible family ties who’d rather work alone. Unfortunately for them, the chemistry since the moment they lay eyes on each other is more powerful than either one is prepared to accept and it’s enough to bring one awkward situation after another. Add to that the f ...more
    Susan Trewick
    Jul 21, 2016 Susan Trewick rated it really liked it
    I loved this book, I devoured it in one sitting. I was hooked from the first page and spat out at the end. Your thrown head first into Gabby and Lucas world and are invested in their relationship from the first meeting. The chemistry between them sizzles and literally scorches the pages. At first I thought Lucas would be boring because of the job he does but he's anything but, he's a total sweetheart. Gabby us great at her job and cares about her co - workers, Her family play a big part of the s ...more
    SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

ARC Giveaway!
    Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
    Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
    Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
    Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
    Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
    Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
    All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
    Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
    Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
    RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
    Author sign-up: http
    Lourdes
    Jul 22, 2016 Lourdes rated it it was amazing
    Gabbi
    Jul 10, 2016 Gabbi rated it it was amazing
    After reading the Curveball series, which is very suspenseful, I was very curious to see her write about a more "tamed" environment, you know where her characters aren't fighting for their lives. And did she deliver. Nothing tamed about this book. The complete novel, from start to finish had me turning the pages as fast as possible and wanting more and more of Gabby and Lucas.

From the very first page, I was directly transported to Gabby and Lucas's world. Lucas, a guy with a accent, need I say
    Lori ~ BF Bookies
    Jul 08, 2016 Lori ~ BF Bookies rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: favorites
    This book is SO. Good. Once again, Teresa Michaels has wowed me with her flawless writing, her storytelling, and her ability to pull me into the pages of her book. I devoured this!

Gabby & Lucas work together. Relationships are against company policy and strictly prohibited. If caught, their employment will be terminated immediately. That is not an option for either of them - both have something very important to lose. So they try to fight the attraction. They refuse to admit the chemistry. T
    Cassia Brightmore
    Jul 13, 2016 Cassia Brightmore rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: edit
    I've always been a huge fan of Teresa's writing style...ever since reading Curveball. She did not disappoint in this new book! I was literally living inside this book with Gabby and Lucas, angry when they were angry and lost in passion and intrigue as their story unfolded.

This is def one of my fave reads this year and I can't recommend it enough! If you're looking for a romance with that hint of the forbidden, this the book for you.

Well done, Teresa!
    Leddy Harper
    Jul 07, 2016 Leddy Harper rated it it was amazing
    I so loved this book! First book I've read of Teresa's and I loved it! It was funny, cute, sweet, and I absolutely loved the male character!!! Very much looking forward to the next one! I definitely recommend this book!
    Rachael
    Jul 10, 2016 Rachael rated it it was amazing
    I loved Lucas! He may give Gabby a tough time and send lots of mixed signals, but he is really a great guy that has his reasons for acting the way he does. Gabby is a strong woman and is determined not to let Lucas derail her professional goals. Starting with Lucas's very first day on the job, they have a love/hate relationship. Add in their sizzling chemistry and things get interesting.

There were a lot of funny moments that had me laughing. I love the friendly competition that Gabby and her fr
    Ratula
    Jul 15, 2016 Ratula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This book was really good. I enjoyed it alot. There were some parts that were dragged on a little too much IMO, but overall I enjoyed this read.
    Sharing
    Jul 24, 2016 Sharing rated it really liked it
    Loved this book! I loved Gabby and Lucas! The sexual tension between them was so combustible. They had to work together and tried extremely hard to keep it professional. Lucas tried a little too hard, at times avoiding Gabby and it aggregated her. I found myself laughing quite a bit too. Gabby had a habit of talking to her friends about Lucas, without knowing he was in earshot listening to every word. The way Lucas let Gabby know he heard, was hilarious too. Will they be able to keep their relat ...more
    Heather Cicio
    Jul 08, 2016 Heather Cicio rated it it was amazing
    I started reading this book a couple of hours ago and could not put it down until the end! I absolutely loved the story and the characters. Lucas is definitely my new book boyfriend!! I loved Gabby too. She is funny,kind and sweet. The couple meets at work but can't act on their attraction due to company policies. They decide that being friends would be in their best interest. But what happens when these friends start to fall? Will they put their careers at risk? This book had me laughing and sw ...more
    Jessica
    Jul 13, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing
    I'm posting as/for Two Kentucky Girls and Books.
    Teresa Michaels did it again!! Gabby was freakin' fabulous! Her personality and quick wit were addictive. Lucas comes off as a complete jerk, but when you read his pov you can quickly understand his dilemma. I fell so fast for these characters. Not only were the main characters perfection, the supporting characters were phenomenal. I can't wait for their books as well. Great job, Teresa!! I definitely recommend this book!!
    Melissa Miller-Mattern
    Jul 12, 2016 Melissa Miller-Mattern rated it really liked it
    Reviewed for A Wanton Book Lover Blog

Gabby loves her Human Resources job. She is considered a valuable employee and an integral team member at her job. Everyone likes her and values her opinion except the new, soon to be CEO of the company. Lucas doesn’t need anyone's help or suggestions, especially Gabby’s. He doesn’t want anything to do with Gabby because he finds himself attracted to her. Lucas and Gabby butt heads all the time but then all it takes is one kiss and they find themselves fallin
    Reese
    Jul 09, 2016 Reese added it
    Shelves: dnf
    DNF - I might come back to this later. I'm about 10% in and I'm still having a hard time getting into it. (I'm not sure if it's a Kindle glitch either, but there are these weird blank chapter breaks too.). I like Gabby and her group of friends, so we'll see.
    Shirley
    Shirley marked it as to-read
    Aug 24, 2016
    Lizhuang Zhao
    Lizhuang Zhao marked it as to-read
    Aug 21, 2016
    Ashley
    Ashley marked it as to-read
    Aug 20, 2016
    Lauren Greenberg
    Lauren Greenberg marked it as to-read
    Aug 19, 2016
    Carol Mickelson-shapiro
    Carol Mickelson-shapiro marked it as to-read
    Aug 19, 2016
    Sarah Taylor-Cruz
    Sarah Taylor-Cruz marked it as to-read
    Aug 16, 2016
    Aziza
    Aziza marked it as to-read
    Aug 16, 2016
    Samantha Marie
    Samantha Marie marked it as to-read
    Aug 14, 2016
    Mona williams
    Mona williams marked it as to-read
    Aug 14, 2016
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
    • Split
    • Victim
    • Some like It Spicy (A Perfect Recipe, #1)
    • Tyrant
    • What if She Does
    • Tapping Her (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1.5)
    • Wallflowers: Three of a Kind
    • Hold On To Love
    • Force Play
    • Wild for Him (Wild, #2)
    • Conflict of Interest (Version 2.0 #2)
    • Into the Blue
    • Miami Hush Club: Episode 4 (Miami Hush Club, #4)
    • Sweet Spot
    • Systematic Siege #1
    • Scars and Ruin (Loose Ends, #2)
    • Death Wave
    • Something Like Rain (Something Like, #8)