Start by marking “A Teacher Named Faith” as Want to Read:
A Teacher Named Faith

A Teacher Named Faith

Detroit political cartoonist Saul Thorn expected the anniversary of 9/11 to be a slow news day. He was wrong. That morning, terrorists compromise a plane and it explodes over the city of Detroit.

For his daily cartoon, Saul juxtaposes the image of a dance teacher against the carnage of the downed plane. That same day, a photojournalist takes a picture of Saul’s twin brother
Paperback, FIrst, 314 pages
Published July 31st 2015 by Cairn Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Teacher Named Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Teacher Named Faith

Jenny
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“A Teacher Named Faith” can only be described as a WONDERFUL read!

Having the story revolve around a terrorist attack which happens to occur on the anniversary of 9/11 is brilliant, as you follow the characters through their own personal disasters, turmoils, triumphs, and recoveries. The author does an exquisite job describing each character in such a way that you feel as though you would recognize each if you passed them in your favorite store or on the street! The book also reminds us to “walk
Ginny Donahue
Nov 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It kept me enthralled from cover to cover, and I was sad to finish it because I enjoyed it so much! Finishing it was OK though, because the ending was so thoroughly satisfying. Nicole is well known in the community for her beautifully written column in the local newspaper, the Battle Creek Enquirer. My husband is the owner of Battle Creek Books, a new independent bookstore in Battle Creek, Michigan. We have sold over 100 copies of A Teacher Named Faith in our store!
Angela Vereecke
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the characters created by Ms. Mullis! In the beginning their backgrounds capture you and, as pages are turned, their complexities keep you entranced. This is one of those books you miss reading once it’s done. Thanks for the good read!
Sandra Adleman
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Mullis has a smooth writing style that is certainly engaging! This book was a captivating read and hard to put down. I love it when I can “get lost” in the storyline. I’m anxious to read another from Ms. Mullis.
Susan Vaughn
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Teacher Named Faith is one of the most thought provoking and inspirational books I have ever read. Filled with captivating characters, and page turning details, I found Nicole L.V Mullis's voice both powerful and extremely touching. A must read for anyone looking for the good in humanity.
Colette Guerin
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A really wonderful book. First book I picked up in a long time that had deeper meaning behind the characters' names.
Sue Rose
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!!!!!
Susan
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down!
Teresa
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book title caught my attention and once I started reading it, I was hooked, I couldn’t put it down. I fell in love with each character, I loved that there was a Hispanic family interacting in the story. Since me and my family are very spiritual as well as creative, (music, dance, art, etc.) I could relate with the story's spiritual struggles, the everyday life's questions and decision making and just trying to put you creativity out there. Waiting for Book No. 2

Judy Mullis
Anna
Dec 16, 2017
Brandon Pollock
Mar 05, 2018
Nicole L.V. Mullis is the author of A Teacher Named Faith (Cairn Press 2015). Her work has appeared in literary magazines, anthologies and newspapers. Her plays have been produced in New York, California and Michigan. She was named the 2013 Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Excellence recipient and a 2014 Gertrude Stein Award finalist. She has been a Battle Creek Enquirer columnist since 2 ...more