Start by marking “Attack on Titan 9 (Attack on Titan, #9)” as Want to Read:
Attack on Titan 9  (Attack on Titan, #9)

Attack on Titan 9

(Attack on Titan #9)

Die Erde gehört riesigen Menschenfressern: den TITANEN!
Die letzten Menschen leben zusammengepfercht in einer Festung mit fünfzig Meter hohen Mauern.
Als ein kolossaler Titan die äußere Mauer einreißt, bricht ein letzter Kampf aus - um das Überleben der Menschheit!
Published July 28th 2015 by Carlsen - Carlsen Manga (first published December 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Attack on Titan 9, please sign up.
Hanny
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Raeleen Lemay
I NEED VOLUME 10 NOWWWW
Mario
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
What the hell is happening??? This volume left feeling me so confused. I have so many questions!!!

I really hope we'll get some answers soon. Moving on to the next one.
Bradley
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whaaaaaaat? A titan that can talk? Freaky!

Well, at least we know it can't get any worse, right? Oh, end of humanity? Meh, they were overrated anyway. :)

This is all new to me and fun as hell. I kinda wish I didn't have so much on my plate or I'd ram my way through this series in no time. :)
Nicole
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2017
This is so addicting
Hassan
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't the best volume, it was kinda building up for the next one, we didn't get to see our main characters a lot, still it was good enough.
Shannon
So Wall Rose has been breached and a creepy hairy ape titan appears. It deliberately hurts a horse so I already hate it. (Dude, there's no reason to hurt any of the horses. Jerks.)

We get some of Sasha's backstory which I'm glad for since I like her.

Not the most exciting volume but you can tell it's setting things up for more secrets to be revealed. There are hints here and there if you pay attention.
Maria
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“WELCOME HOME” 😶😷💀 creepy as f
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
I like how mysterious this whole story arc was.

If you thought you knew everything about these titans, you'd reconsider after this.

Hopefully once they reveal what's going on, it won't be something predictable.

Yours truly,

Lashaan | Blogger and Book Reviewer
Official blog: https://bookidote.com/
Nərmin
The first season is just a snack,guys.. Main dish is here!
Lots of things happened here that were quite creepy. Talking titan, a whole village ( Connie's village) turning into titans ( this is my assumption) and the secret being kept by that cute blonde girl whom I have forgotten the name of. And of course, the backstory of potato girl Sasha.
Unfortunately, with my great ability to notice spoilers, I have learned plenty of twists yet to come.. it IS getting better..
Connie
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-i-ve-read
So this included one of the gayest moments in SnK that I've encountered so far.

Reiner: Ymir... What're you doing?
Ymir: Oh, it's you Reiner. What, sneaking up with dirty intentions on girls at night?
Reiner: What a shocker... I didn't think I looked a guy who's interested in women... Oh, and by the way... You don't look like a girl who's interested in guy's either.
Ymir: Oh really?

SERIOUSLY THOUGH. THIS KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

Me being me, I already know who all of the titan shifters are
Anna C
I have a love/hate relationship with "Attack on Titan." And though I did recently binge-watch eight episodes in one day... it's more hate than love.

The violence is gratuitous, the characters are flat, the story-telling is incoherent. But it's addicting, and the show has some of the greatest animation I have ever seen.

So, until the next season is released, I had no choice but to turn to the manga. Here, the anime's only real strength has disappeared. You know that stunning, jaw-dropping animatio
Rob
Story
This story is all new to me. I don't have the anime to fall back on if the artwork is hard to follow, but so far that hasn't seemed like an issue.

The mysteries just continue to mount on top of one another, with no real hint of answers in the near future.

Now that I'm caught up to what's out in the US, I'm going to have to start waiting, or start learning Japanese..

Artwork
I'm going to be redundant and say while it's improving with each volume it still doesn't hold up as well as anime.
Mandy
I watched the first few episodes on nextflix but it’s not in English so I opted to go with the manga to check it out because the complete series exists instead of just season one. This is my first manga so I don’t really have any prior experience to base it off when it comes to the art or story. I like the art it’s not over complex when it comes to telling the story it seems to work for the gritty horror story. So far the story while is well developed it’s easy to get lost turning the pages.

The
gabi
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
NO. It cannot be left hanging like that. GAH! This is crazy!
WHAT IS GOING ON??

I need answers!! NOW!!
Sylvie Connor
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WTF.
Chelsey
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-2017
I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Grace
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My knowledge of this world is a mixed and vague bag at times. I watched the anime before even touching the volumes. I also read a bunch of fanfiction before starting the volumes. I never made a large attempt to avoid spoilers, as you might guess.

So, after reading this, I have a bunch of questions. Like, (view spoiler)
Zhraa
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
The atmosphere of this manga looks like the middle ages when the religion was stronger and the clergymen were trying to close the minds of people and they thought the walls were gifts from God and so on.However , the author punished them well, wherever there's is religious figures praying to God to save her or reading some sacred texts , would be eaten by a giant or at least crushed by it .This is a bit funny , isn't it ?!😅😂
In addition , the clergy now hide some super important facts about wall
Miss Ryoko
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This volume was a little slow for me. The only times I was really into it was when the beast titan was around! What the hell!!! I need to know more about him!!

Though, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm getting a little worried about this series. I just picked up volumes 10 and 11 from the library today, and volume 11 has a cover photo of Titan Eren fighting another titan that is clearly a human (who, to me, looks like either Reiner or Jean)... I really hope this doesn't become the thing in this se
Karissa
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the ninth volume in the Attack on Titan series. Wall Rose has been breached and our Corps are hard pressed to deal with this new and dire situation. Then a new abnormal Titan appears and something odd is found at one of the abandoned villages outside the wall. Many more mysteries are raised and none of the questions are answered.

This was a fast-paced volume in this series with lots of troop movement and lots of different characters introduced. Not a lot of progress is made in the story t
MC
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though not exactly thrilling, this volume still is crucial to the overall story-line. The Beast Titan was introduced, the importance of before-now minor member of the Survey Corps. was hinted at, and the confirmation of one of the ideas Armin toyed with was also there.

Good stuff that impacts the story to this day, and probably will for the rest of the series.
Chrissy♥Dev
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!
just when i think things are taking a turn for the better wall rose gets breached or so we think. The titans are moving and attacking in a weird pattern what does this all mean..? Do they have a leader, do they have intelligence and where are these titans coming from. Theres just more mystery than answers and this is what keeps me reading.
Amélie
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is where the manga goes further than the anime, so I didn't know what I was going into... and what a ride. Twist after twist and it still remains believable because everything is well constructed. Wow.
Amber Hetchler (アンバーちゃん)
Didn't see much of the main characters in this one. Good plot twists though.
Kaleb
Another great addition to the series!
Lucas
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been a great contributor to the story line of attack on titan. As Eren and the rest of the scout regiment proceed their journey into titan territory the author introduces us to the fifth titan shifter known as the beast titan who looks more like an animal rather than a human with its extremely long arms and control over other titans, it kills a scout general and attempts to send titans in the direction of the scouts. This wasn't my favorite book but it is still an important addition to ...more
C. Varn
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The appearance of a clearly intelligent Titan and apparent factions of Titan start to pull promising twists about the nature of the Titans and the attacks. Wall Rose falls and the attacks increase, and a new round of Titan attacks begin.
Rochelle Benoit
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Fabulous as always.
Ranita
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
“Humanity's first defeat will come only when we stop fighting. As long as we keep fighting, we haven't lost.”

• Deadman Wonderland Volume 5 (Deadman Wonderland, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 20: Remains of the Dead Claws (Claymore, #20)
  • Attack on Titan: Junior High Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 7
  • Basara, Vol. 15
  • 約束のネバーランド 5 [Yakusoku no Neverland 5] (The Promised Neverland, #5)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 12 [Tokyo Guru 12] (Tokyo Ghoul, #12)
  • マギ 6 (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 25 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #25)
Japanese name: 諫山創

Hajime Isayama (諫山 創 Isayama Hajime, born 1986) is a Japanese manga artist from Ōyama, Ōita. His first and currently ongoing serial, Attack on Titan, has sold over 22 million copies as of July 2013. He has mentioned Tsutomu Nihei, Ryōji Minagawa, Kentaro Miura, Hideki Arai and Tōru Mitsumine as artists he respects, but stated that the manga that had the biggest influence on him

Attack on Titan (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 1 (Attack on Titan, #1)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 4 (Attack on Titan, #4)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 (Attack on Titan, #5)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 6 (Attack on Titan, #6)
  • 進撃の巨人 7 [Shingeki no Kyojin 7] (Attack on Titan, #7)
  • 進撃の巨人 8 [Shingeki no Kyojin 8] (Attack on Titan, #8)
  • 進撃の巨人 10 [Shingeki no Kyojin 10] (Attack on Titan, #10)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 11 (Attack on Titan, #11)