Start by marking “Enthralled (Viking Lore, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enthralled (Viking Lore, #1)

Enthralled

(Viking Lore #1)

He is bound by honor…
Eirik is eager to plunder the treasures of the fabled lands to the west in order to secure the future of his village. The one thing he swears never to do is claim possession over another human being. But when he journeys across the North Sea to raid the holy houses of Northumbria, he encounters a dark-haired beauty, Laurel, who stirs him like no other
Published August 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Enthralled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enthralled

April
#1 in the new series, "Viking Lore", and what a beginning! Fast paced and adventure filled. "Enthralled", is a historical romance reader's delight. It has everything a romance reader could possibly want, in a powerful, engaging story.
It shows the challenges,culture, the struggles, honor and romance of the Viking warriors.
The sensual tension pops off the page, between the H/H, as well as the danger involved in a woman captured and claimed as a thrall of a Viking.
As trouble brews love blossoms,
BigComfyChairBookReviews
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best in the Series
Very good. I do prefer Prince’s Highlander books a little better, that genre just appeals more to me. This book appeared accurate and interesting. I don’t know as much about this time period and the Vikings as I do about medieval Scotland, so Prince can get away with more inaccuracies and I wouldn’t notice. I liked Eirik and Laurel a lot. I thought their relationship had an interesting progression and I was excited to read on to find out how it would all work out. I thought the
Danielle
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was highly disappointed in this book. I wanted an amazing slow burn of a romance, as would be expected of a book where the guy destroys her home and makes her his slave. It was far from that.

*Spoilers*

The book starts out interesting enough. The torture/punishment Laurel experiences at the hand of the Abbess made for a very interesting aspect of Laurel’s character. But the moment Eirik entered the scene and took Laurel as a slave the story was very, very flat.

The characters are very one-dimensi
Michelle Lynn
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Emma Prince is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors and Enthralled is a perfect example as to why.

First off, let's talk about the pun in that title. Emma! Girl! That's good. EnTHRALLed. A hearty LOL to that.

Not that that's out of the way, let me say, this book is good. It delivers. Like most good romance novels, it has a total nice guy as the lead character--Eirik is exactly what you want in a male lead. He's huge (seriously, every male lead is the size of a boulder); he's handsome; he'
Ann Gonzalez
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read it

I have always enjoyed Emma Prince's books. I have read most or all of her Highlander Romance books. I occasionally read viking stories, but not often. I am glad I decided to read this book. I will definitely be reading this series. The characters were well written and I would love to pluck Eirik right of the page. Looking forward to book two. Thank you Emma for a great story and having your books available on Kindle unlimited.
Bettye McKee
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good Viking romance

When Viking raiders attack Whitby Abbey, the abused orphan named Laurel is claimed as a thrall by the cruel Grimar. After torturing and abusing Laurel on the return trip, Grimar tosses her into the ocean.

Eirik jumps in and rescues her and declares that Laurel now belongs to him. This is the cause of much strife when they return to their village.

Shanti Redwine
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!

Enthralled is an enthralling tale, full of rich details, depth of characters, and thrilling adventure, not to forget steamy romance! As a fan of Emma's Highland stories, I'm loving the Viking lore, as well!
Susanne Berger
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Relaxing read

Fast moving plot. Loved the character development and where it takes place. A relaxing easy read. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Ginger Rogers
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Modern man syndrome. Romance novel
Bonnie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the story of Eirik and Laurel and how Eirik fought to protect her from his Viking village and their rules. It was a true love story.
Barbee
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is the first book in Emma Prince's acclaimed Viking Lore series which is absolutely fantastic! If you are fan of Vikings and its history or even the history or even the history channel television series Vikings then this is a must read. This is a a fictional romance but has a lot of accurate background and history of the Viking culture in history. It's a fast moving, action filled with character that come to life on the pages.

806 A.D.,North Sea

Eirik son of Arud the Steady and Captain of th
Mandy Saial
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Emma Prince and I couldn't believe the Beautiful detail she brings to life , it was so realistic. I thought I was actually living amongst the Vikings . usually when I'm reading a Historical that has , so much detail the romance between the two main characters is lost , but not here .
I am looking forward to reading the rest of the Viking Lore series .
Regan Walker
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vikings
Unusual Gentleman Viking takes an English Thrall
Set in 806AD, this is the story of Eirik, son of a jarl from Dalgaard who leads a raid on England looking for plunder from rich monasteries. At Whitby Abbey in Northumbria, he and his band of Vikings discover riches for the taking at the double monastery of Celtic monks and nuns but he also discovers a servant girl named Laurel.

Eirik’s cousin, Grimar, the cruel son of Jarl Gunvald, Eirik’s uncle, decides to take Laurel for himself but he treats her
Lisa C.
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The writer was able to keep my interest in explaining all the characters to a new series. The only thing was the bedroom scenes were a little overdone. It seemed they went on for pages and pages. I get that it's a romance but I just got tired of reading it. Eirik was a good guy and it was interesting how he always did the right thing. Laurel didn't realize what a strong woman she was and the author did a good job of making her come to realize it in her new life. I'll be ...more
Jenica
I truly enjoyed this story. I liked the hero and heroine. I found them both refreshing and they both never bothered me. Laurel is a women who was raised in a bad environment. She has a roof over her head and food, but that's it. The Vikings are they to see the land and get riches, but take no blood. Eirik's cousin takes our heroine as his slave. I couldn't stand his weasel cousin throughout the book. This is where there story begins. It was a fun, sometimes hot adventure of a read. I enjoyed it!
Maria
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow! Loved Eirik and Laurel! This story was captivating. There was never a dull moment.

This poor girl who was an orphan was being mentally and physically abused at the monestary where she lived, until a Viking Raid was the start to changes in her life.

Eirik was the Captain of this raid. He had heard that these monasteries held grand wealth. He gave it instructions not to kill but only to plunder. His errant cousin could not obey the order. He had to take a woman for his thrall. Here e
SandJ10
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another winner by Emma Prince! This book really transported me to the time of the Vikings. I loved learning about this new-to-me time period with hints at larger political and historical events and all the little touches the author included. I loved both the hero and the heroine and enjoyed watching their love unfold. They both had to evolve over the course of the book, which happened naturally and gracefully. I also loved all the twists and turns--lots of action and adventure in this book! ...more
Kathy Brickert
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Really interesting story. I enjoyed this one, and actually learned some interesting historical facts. Vikings rule! Another great job by Ms Price.
Jeene Hobbs
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Viking captor/captive romance

Emma Prince pens another spicy love story set in history long past with honorable heroes and women stretching to reach their potential.

I very much enjoyed reading this Viking themed story after reading lots of Scottish and Regency as well as old west and contemporary romance. A new setting for me.
Megan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Erik and Laurel truly don't have an easy romance.

Laurel starts out as a thrawl for another. Erik always despised the uses of thrawls but finds himself attracted to Laurel and is immediately ashamed because of it. Together they fight their attraction and have to overcome huge obstacles.

I can't wait to read Prince's future Viking books they will surely become a favorite of mine.
Allie
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Viking Lore

This was great story! Not just a love story but was interesting with true history concerning Vikings and their laws, family and honor to the village. Can't wait for the next book!!
Cindy Woods
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good historical romance

Well written. Great plot. Learned quite a bit about the culture and lives of the Vikings. The story kept me reading with all the politics and traditions explained. Would definitely recommend this book.
Pavlina
Hot mess. I really tried to at least finish this but alas, I could not. The author really did try and put actual lore in the book but then ruined it by adding more behaviors and things that are not appropriate. Also, if you like stupid characters doing stupid things, this is the book for you.
Aurrora James
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great Viking romance

This is the first Viking romance I've read in a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Eirik and Laurel were a good match. He was patient and kind while she was understanding and willing to grasp her new life with both hands. Fun read!
MommaL
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it and could hardly put it down! I have yet to be disappointed in any book by Emma Prince and always look forward to her next one!
Jennette
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
Reading the short stories of how these characters all came together made this story more enjoyable. They all blend seamlessly.
Rebecca
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book. I like the mix of cultures. The problems and issues. The romance. The supporting characters.
I'll definitely be continuing the series.
Brenda Willingham
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I enjoyed this story of how being a slave doesn't mean you cant be loved or love someone. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Teresa
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I do like Emma Prince's writing and I do love the history lesson. I find Vikings fascinating. I look forward to more in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Trust in Me (Protector, #2)
  • Lady Emily's Exotic Journey (Victorian Adventures, #2)
  • Dr. Chase Hudson (The Surrogate #2)
  • Brutal (Detroit After Dark, #1)
  • Sorcha (The Highland Clan Book 8)
  • Salted (Lacey Luzzi Mafia Mysteries, #3)
  • Paths (The Killers #2)
  • Lord of the Runes (Viking Lords #1)
  • Taming a Savage Gentleman (Taming the Heart, #5)
  • Proud Mary (Roxton Family Saga, #4)
  • Romancing the Earl (Legendary Rogues, #2)
  • Hometown Star (Hometown Alaska Men, #1)
  • Destiny's Kiss: Prequel to the Legendary Bastards of the Crown Series
  • The Norse King's Daughter (Viking I, #10)
  • The Princess and the Diamonds (Fiery Tales, #9)
  • Pirate Heiress
  • Sebastian's Lady Spy (Secrets & Seduction, #5)
  • The Thunder Warrior: The de Shera Brotherhood (Lords of Thunder: The de Shera Brotherhood, #2)
Emma Prince is the bestselling author of steamy historical romances jam-packed with adventure, conflict, and of course love!

Emma grew up in drizzly Seattle, but traded her rain boots for sunglasses when she and her husband moved to the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada. Emma spent several years in academia, both as a graduate student and an instructor of college-level English and Humanities cour

Viking Lore (3 books)
  • Shieldmaiden's Revenge (Viking Lore, #2)
  • Desire's Hostage (Viking Lore, #3)
“Sin is a strange weapon you Christians use against yourselves,” he replied. “For Vikings, there is no such thing as sin. There is either honor, or dishonor.” 0 likes