Start by marking “Just Add Water” as Want to Read:
Just Add Water

Just Add Water

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Michael Baldwin's Just Add Water is dedicated to putting the focus—and the power—of every presentation back where it belongs: with the presenter. It is a rediscovery of how to transform dense, ineffective presentations into ones that can actually inspire: clarify thinking, improve the quality of decision-making, and close deals. Just Add Water uses a unique teaching method ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 118 pages
Published June 15th 2015 by Inkshares

To ask other readers questions about Just Add Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Add Water

Connie
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think that this book that I won from Goodreads would be extremely helpful in preparing a business presentation. The ideas were very clear and the graphics were helpful in supporting the information. These ideas could also be useful in many areas other than business and could help individuals doing any kind of teaching. It offers good ideas to help keep the audiences attention and to make sure that they understand the information.
Priyank
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A MUST read for anyone in business of communicating with teams and masses via PowerPoints

Amazingly simple and immensely effective way of telling How to Develop and Deliver presentations to any audience. Wish I had read and practiced techniques of this book sooner. Would have saved 1000s of hours in making and delivering PowerPoints the wrong way! Better late than never.
Russell Howen
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michael Baldwin in his book "Just Add Water" provides the beginning presenter as well as the one who has done it some and those who have done it a lot with key ideas to make your presentations interesting and sell the listener to meet your objective. It's a five-plus book for these presenters.
Anne Martin
Dec 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-arc
This book was disappointing. I expected a few tricks to really improve your contacts with the public, but actually the main idea was to focus on what you want your audience to be convinced of.
That much, I had it figured long ago! The problems come when you have a hard task finding a way...
Convince teenagers school is great. Yeah, but how? convince readers to read my blog. Sure, here it is!
The author seems to think the presentations you want to make rely on obvious truths and will be clear as soo
Stacy
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: firstreads
I received this book as a FirstRead.

Just Add Water is a book on how to put together an effective presentation, with focus on both the PowerPoint slides and the speaking portion of the presentation. The book uses the same attention-grabbing graphics that it suggests using in your PowerPoint and gives practical advice for how to put together an engaging, connected presentation.

I would recommend this book to anyone who feels they could use some help with putting together a clear, concise presentati
Syndi Day
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
i was the lucky winner of a copy of this book in a goodreads win. it is an excellent guide to giving presentations. it is written very clearly and uses a step by step guide to getting and keeping your audiences interest. it is easy to follow and includes lots of tips and strategies for ensuring a good presentation. the illustrations are very helpful and sometimes humerous and help to focus your attention while getting the point across very memorably. this book should be a must for any public spe ...more
Peg
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Forwarded by Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.
Practical guide to presentations using PowerPoint slides and the oral presentation of your CCO. It reiterates what every good presenter should be aware of and restates the simple factual ways in which the presenter becomes the winner. Kudos to Mr. Baldwin. Good to use for review or as a beginner, but no new ideas presented. Love what you do an do it well!
Ian yarington
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
I like to read stuff like this because it takes me out of my comfort zone but at the same time I end up not knowing a lot about the ideas behind the book. That is the case for this book. I'm not really savy to public speaking and stuff like that so this is somewhat foreign to me. I enjoyed the way it was written and it wasn't bad to read but I was lost for most of it.
Debbie Davies
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Step by step, east to read and implement, well written guide to execute any type of presentation. Mr. Baldwin effectively modeled how to prepare and present an informative, convincing, and entertaining presentation throughout his book, "Just Add Water ". I certainly recommend reading this book to anyone who wants to successfully present material in an intelligent and organized manner.
Patricia
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from a Goodreads giveaway. The author did a great job of, not just telling, but showing the reader techniques to make a presentation impactful. I will definitely be using what I learned in the future. I also will be sharing the book with my older children for use in school presentations. Thank you.
KarnagesMistress
May 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
This book is really only useful for Powerpoint presentations. If you're looking to simply hone your general presentation skills, it won't be of much use. The illustrations throughout make it a lovely read, though. I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.
Elena Stofle
Ms. Reader
Kathy Heare Watts
  • Secrets of Great Leaders: The 50 Strategies You Need to Inspire and Motivate
  • The Legend of Jesse Smoke
  • The Gluten-Free Revolution: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know about Losing the Wheat, Reclaiming Your Health, and Eating Happily Ever After
  • The Stone Lion
  • Emblems of the Passing World: Poems after Photographs by August Sander
  • Endangered
  • Six Months to Live: Learning from a Young Man with Cancer
  • Money Mania: A Human History of Financial Speculation
  • Unexpected Love: God's Heart Revealed in Jesus' Conversations with Women
  • Wealth Without Stocks or Mutual Funds
  • Innermost Thoughts of Leah Varner (Innermost Thoughts, #1)
  • Brand New Americans
  • When Love Calls: A Memoir of Great Devotion
  • Citizen Hollywood: How the Collaboration between LA and DC Revolutionized American Politics
  • The Accord (Dave Brewster #5)
  • Drucker & Me: How Peter Drucker and a Texas Entrepreneur Conspired to Change the World
  • Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Guide to Building Trust, Inspiring Respect, and Creating Long-Lasting Business Relationships
  • A Privileged Witness: The Truth About Billionaire Edmond Safra's Death
Michael is an accomplished leader in the communications industry who helps individuals, teams, companies, and brands Be better ®.