Start by marking “Sing Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sing Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade, #1)

Sing Your Heart Out

(Sinful Serenade #1)

Good girls don't date rock stars.
They certainly don't have rock star friends with benefits.

Still a virgin at 21, Meg Smart walks a straight and narrow path. She aces her classes, excels at her part time job, and carefully avoids trouble--no drinks, no drugs, and especially, no boyfriends.

Rock star Miles Webb doesn't do "boyfriend." He skips over intimacy and love in favor
Published November 24th 2015 by Crystal Kaswell (first published October 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Sing Your Heart Out, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Sing Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade, #1)
☮ mary
I know I'm a picky reader, from devouring most of the classics by the age 15 to majoring in English lit ( I sound very modest too :). I am looking for challenging and compelling storytelling otherwise I ...

description

So from time to time I need a feel-good, entertaining romance novel to pass time in between more serious books. Here I stumbled upon this little rock stars love story and even though these types of "heroes" do NOTHING for me ( drinking, drugs and whoring is not very romantic IMO)

Still I
JP
Dec 21, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not even for free

Did I like this book? No! I got it for free with KU and I still was disappointed. Seriously, rock star romances always involve an element of fantasy but some can actually make it seem a little believable or at the very least entertaining. This story does neither. I skipped over a lot of it because honestly the heroine was just a b*tch. A virgin who sleeps with a rock star as her first and then acts like a bratty b*tch? Really? The whole book she's just ugh...annoying and rude
J. Grayland
Sep 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
What started out interesting turned into repetitive and boring by the second chapter, I found the character of Meg self centered and whiney who treated rock star Miles like total crap. This is how the story went, they meet, they have sex, a shower, more sex, go out to eat, more sex, a shower, and sex, go out to eat, and sex, this was the whole book, the story line was lost and had no substance what so ever, the only good thing it had was that it was narrated by Tanya Eby who is awesome.
Emily Rose
Jul 06, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: noone
Terrible.
Meg Smart is the stupidest character ever. Every conversation between them is awkward and forced. Simply terrible.

The whole series is a blatant rip-off of Sinners on tour, by Olivia Cunning, which is actually a pretty great series. The characters are very well-developed and as a reader you genuinely care about them. Sure, it gets a little repetitive after the third book or so, but the books are solid. I would totally recommend reading that series instead of this one. I mean, Crystal
╰☆╮ LovesToRead ╰☆╮
I found the abundance of grammatical errors extremely distracting, which resulted in excessive highlighting and correcting. I might have been able to overlook that had the female character, Meg, not been a complete abomination. She was absolutely horrific. I am not sure if she was bipolar, unstable, or just needed to be committed, but she was an absolute walking contradiction and how she behaved was inconsistent with her situation. Her moods were up and down, she was a constant bitch, and ...more
Doris
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Here lately I have read more books that I cant connect with compared to books that I really enjoy. This is one of them. Didn't connect with the main characters and the plot seemed secondhand.
DW
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sinful-serenade
I received Sing Your Heart Out from the author for an honest review.

This was an enjoyable read. Meg is an independent girl living on her own and enjoying her independence.
Miles is the lead singer in the band Sinful Serenade. He is beautiful with panty dropping blue eyes. Definitely not boyfriend material.

Neither of them want a relationship but they are drawn to one another so they decide to be friends with benefits.

Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I'm actually disappointed that I won't have time to write a fully review on this one, so I'm going to attempt a mini review on here!

I absolutely loved Sing Your Heart Out. It is the first book I've read by Crystal Kaswell and I cannot wait to read the other books in this series. Great characters with fantastic chemistry between them, literally, they hand me fanning my face.

Miles intrigued me from the get-go with his attitude but the way his is described leads you to realize there is more to
Nance
I really enjoyed this book immensely! Who doesn't love an awesome rockstar romance?? And, this one really "rocked"! When Meg walks in on Miles getting it on with another chick, she has no idea that her life is about to change. Miles is one of her all-time favorite leading singers of an amazing rock group. He sings with lust and intensity while making his audience just swoon. Meg, though, doesn't really want anything to do with him because her life has just been so sad the last three months. She ...more
Booklover

DNF

I listened to the audiobook version and this is how I feel:

description

What is up with these narrators and their monotone voices? My goodness, this book was already boring and the narrator does not help.

Kerry Richardson
Oct 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was my first book by this author and I didn't like it at all. I didn't care for any of the characters and didn't feel any kind of connection between them. There was no real story to it either. I did actually read the whole book and in my opinion around 85% of it was just sex scenes, and they weren't even that good. There were also quite a lot of grammatical errors and mistakes. Needless to say I wouldn't recommend this book or author and I won't be reading any more of her work.
Genesis Sheli (Whispering Chapters)
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc, blog-tour
This 3.5 stars review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews.

Meg needs a distraction from life. When she arrives at Sinful Serenade’s party in their Hollywood Mansion, the last thing she expects is finding the lead singer of the band having sex. Later on, they encounter each other once again and they have this lust at first sight kind of thing. Neither can resist one another and after a while, they decide to try out the friends with benefits deal.

Despite my sweaty palm, I take his hand
Stacey
Oct 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Nope. Nope. Nope.

Couldn't finish it. I was all into the modern "wallflower" trope. Except that the horoine "says" she's brainy, but continually acts like a ditz. And once she meets Miles and gets biblical with him, then the truly horrible stuff starts. "I can't possibly talk about my sister." Literally, two lines later she's spilling what she just said she wouldn't share with anyone.

Come on.

I dropped it there. I don't have time for a waffling heroine who changes her mind like she changes her
Janee
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not a typical rock god

I love the story. For once I think the sex scenes draw away from the story. I know I never had said that before about any book, but I genuinely thought it was sweet story and want start on the next. Just because Kara and Draw sounds so interesting from this book. You just know it will a lot of drama
Sassafrass
This was good. I know people didn't like Meg but her prickly attitude was a protection mechanism and I'm glad that Miles was able to see through that. Loved the ending and I hope to see more of them in future books.
Monique Machuca-Austin
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
MILES MAY HAVE THE SKILLS TO MELT THE PANTIES OFF EVERY WOMAN, BUT HIS EYES ARE ON MEG ~ NOT HIS HEART!

Meg is a twenty-one-year-old pre-med college attending UCLA whom not only has school on her mind, but has also been mourning her sister’s death. The death of her sister has her in turmoil with herself in addition to the college parties, which Meg believes contribute to her sister’s death. Therefore, when Meg’s best friend, Kara, receives an invite for a party to the Hollywood Mansion from an
Bewaji
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
I am always sceptical of heroines who let a guy who they caught having sex with another person touch them with the same hands that has the essence of another woman. What makes it more disgusting is the fact that the hero even drove her home that same night. Miles is the usual rockstar stereotypes. More women in their bed than is humanly or decently possible. So of course the story of Miles and Meg is sex, sex and more sex. The plot suffered because of the sexcapades. Not good.
Sbell
Nov 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I liked both characters, Miles and Meg, but I thought
they were both somewhat lacking in depth and in character. I think with a little fine tuning this book could have been rated higher. I would have liked more emotion and a little more angst!!!
Debbie Tinsley
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sing Your Heart Out

Loved this book. Read it through in one sitting. I totally recommend reading this series to anyone who has a love for men that aren't perfect.
Tanya
I read this as part of Crystal Kaswell's The First Time: A Romance Collection.

Miles has emotions, he just chooses to limit expressing them to his music. The rest of the time he's arrogant, cocky, smug, but very attentive.

Meg escapes from her emotions through academic dedication...and Miles. Miles gives off mixed signals and the first person point of view limited to Meg keeps the reader guessing along with her.
Nazia Shafik
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Worst smut read ever

There was pretty much no storyline, just sex and let's not forget the grammatical errors. I had to highlight and correct.
Clare
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, good storyline
books are love
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
more like 3.5 stars but 1/2 stars aren't up there.

So I am on the fence. Not bad thing. there were aspects I love like Miles and how he wasn’t what he appeared to be. He was more complex and not one dimensional. Drew who I couldn’t figure out and want to know more about. The band that were their for each other and helped one another when it was needed. and aspects I didn't like. The stereotypical way the Meg thought about Miles. Her attitude in general. Her extremes. Her boxing people into
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

***Check out blog post giveaway! :)***

Rating: 3.5/5

I very much liked the overall concept of the story, the synopsis and the cover totally pulled me in. From the very beginning we are quickly thrown into the story by meeting the two main characters, Meg, a college senior and Mile- a famous singer. I have to say that the way the characters meet set the tone for the whole story, and it sort of worked.

Meg is your typical college senior who
Camille Jerali
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed listening to Sing Your Heart Out on audio. Miles is so damn sweet! :)
Rebecca
This book was just a nice easy and quick read, with good characters it was the perfect pallet cleanser before I submerge myself in another series. Although it wasn’t the most original storyline but it completed its purpose of being just an easy read so for that reason alone I really enjoyed it.

The main character is Meg, a twenty something year old virgin who focuses entirely too much on her work to bother looking up to witness the world around her. Then she meets Miles the singer in her
Ashley
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Possible spoilers, I don't know. Depends on your definition.

This book could have been amazing, 5 star worthy. I want to say, I am the gooey, romance type of girl. Especially combined with an irredeemable rock star.

But this book is like 75% sex scenes, and at least half of those are not needed to get the story across. Plus the grammar, incorrect spelling (which here and there I can deal, but did anyone even edit this?) and she would say one thing then contradict it a paragraph later. Also the
Eunice Lan
Sep 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Meg is a typical good girl looking for a distraction. Miles is the bad boy and rock star hottie. They meet because of mutual friends and Meg finds in Miles a way to get away of of all the pressure she has. They start this friends with benefits relationship that really reminds me of the movie.

When I started reading the book, it gave me the feeling that it will only be about how the characters start this relationship with the rules that none of them will fall in love, but in the end rules are
Amanda
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book as a whole was pretty great...I loved the push and pull between the characters. Meg though at times was down right mean to Miles...it was to protect herself, she knew he had the power to hurt her so she tried to hurt him first and as petty as that sounds it makes sense especially with everything she went through.
Miles had built a wall around himself as a means to keep himself safe from heartache...and again with him I can totally understand why because he went through even more hell
Monique
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review over here

I’m just going to start by saying that this isn’t a YA novel so if you aren’t interested in books with more mature scenes, then this won’t be a book for you. The main characters are adorable, frustrating, sexy and I loved them as individuals and as a unit. Best part, no real instalove!

What I really enjoyed about this book is that it isn’t about a man dominating a woman – Meg and Miles enter their friends with benefits agreement on mutual terms and they explore each other

• Hard Rock Fling (Darkest Days #2)
  • Hard Rock Touch (Feral Silence #3)
  • Hard Rock Sin (Darkest Days #3)
  • Rock Star Romance Ultimate: Volume 1 (An Exclusive Collection)
  • Hard Rock Deceit (Darkest Days #4)
  • Hard Rock Tease (Darkest Days #1)
  • Hard Rock Heart (Feral Silence #4)
  • Hot Mess (Players, #1)
  • Hard Rock Love (Cherry Lips, #4)
  • Hard Rock Heat (Darkest Days #5)
  • Hard Rock Kiss (Cherry Lips #2)
  • Hard Rock Voice (Feral Silence #2)
  • Hard Rock Muse (Cherry Lips #3)
  • Hard Rock Gaze (Feral Silence #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful (Players, #2)
  • Dirty Like Jude (Dirty, #5)
  • Dirty Like Zane (Dirty, #6)
  • Dirty Like Dylan (Dirty #4)
Crystal Kaswell is the author of the Sinful Serenade series. She writes steamy new adult romance with flawed characters. She loves police procedurals, tea, and The Hunger Games series. She lives in Portland, OR with her husband.

Sinful Serenade (5 books)
  • Strum Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade, #2)
  • Rock Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade, #3)
  • Play Your Heart Out (Sinful Serenade #4)
  • Sinful Ever After (Sinful Serenade #5)
“My cheeks are still scalding. They've been hot for the last fifteen minutes. I scramble to change the station. The next preset is another rock station. That won't do. There. The oldies station is sure to be free of Miles's voice. He laughs. "You're cute when you're nervous." "I'm” 0 likes