Start by marking “El chico de las estrellas” as Want to Read:
El chico de las estrellas

El chico de las estrellas

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,803 ratings  ·  1,280 reviews
Érase un niño que jamás vivió más de dos años seguidos en una misma casa, por lo que decidió pintar las paredes de todas sus habitaciones con estrellas. Su rechazo al colegio y una familia inusual le empujarán a emprender un viaje donde no todo serán constelaciones y pedirle deseos a la luna. Es hora de bajar al barro, equivocarse con una princesa y terminar encontrando un ...more
Published November 5th 2015 by Destino

To ask other readers questions about El chico de las estrellas, please sign up.

·  6,803 ratings  ·  1,280 reviews

Start your review of El chico de las estrellas
Carla Dente
3,5
EMPEZADO Y TERMINADO PARA EL HO DE HOY! :D
- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
. : — 4

i was going to write a full length review for this gorgeous, gorgeous book but i also wanted to write a review in spanish for it but then again i don’t want my english speaker buddies to feel left out so i’m simply choosing to skip a review altogether and just say that this is one of the most beautiful books i’ve ever read, and that if you have even a smidge of spanish skills, you should definitely give it a go. if you don’t then @chris pueyo i would 100% volunteer to translate this
Carla Castilla
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
English
The author tells us the story of his life, which is beautiful as well as painful, and very real and emotional. I have put on his shoes, in his silver boots, and I have understood perfectly.
Everyone should read this book because it shows us the cruel, but real, reality in which we live, homophobia that is very present, bullying, how a homosexual can come to feel that their sexual orientation is a problem.

When love, is addressed to anyone, it has never been a problem.
Love is what saves us
bianca
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-physical, lgbt
format: paperback
rating: 4 stars

We need more voices like Chris Pueyo's. He took his own personal experiences and made them into this beautiful journal. He goes to some pretty deep, dark places of his life, but he narrates everything with this soft, almost fairy-tale tone, full of dreams and hope, it is admirable. I think I would have liked this more a few years back, it is almost too naive for me, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I am left with a warm feeling and the need to hug the author forever
Lucia Gonzalez
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, favourites
I usually don't read in Spanish but I was so interested in reading this book. I had high expectations and, honestly, it is AMAZING. The story is narrated in such a way that you really can't stop reading, the names that he gave to each character really stick to my mind (and I am someone who has such a hard time remembering names of characters).
Also, I could relate to the story, and that made it easier for me to empathize.
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I heard nothing but great things about this book, and my expectations might have been a little too high before I started it. I think the idea for it was certainly lovely and interesting, but I had issued with the writing style. I think making things poetic is super important, but there were parts where it was almost confusing, and the constant change before first person and third person narrator was a little annoying. Still, I enjoyed getting to know this author, and I may give him another shot ...more
Tona Zárate
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im very very happy with Chris Pueyo to write this novel I definitely love it, I love the characters, I love the kind of write. I'll obviously miss it
Maartaarroyo
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Genial.
Flo
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡El primer libro que he leyendo en Español! I'm proud of myself for finally improving my Spanish, and I absolutely loved this book. It's such a heartfelt and personal story, yet told in such an artistic, beautiful way. And the cover is definitely an eye-catcher, too! This is the first book about growing up gay that really resonated with my own experiences, which gave me so many flashbacks to my own life story, and so much food for thought.
Monse Camelo
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't like the books I usually read. I was captivated since chapter 1. El chico de las estrellas is like getting into its author's skin. And I felt I could connect with the characters or some of the events that happened to our protagonist.
The best part for me was his character development. From the acceptance of who he was to his first love. Also that part about soplar a la luna...I do it every night after it.
So...thanks for the story Peter Pan aka El chico de las estrellas
Catalina Gigena
Very touching story. The style of the author is original and simple but effective.The metaphors he chooses to describe his experiences are beautifully used in order to create a life lesson. A drawback about this novel is that it might be a bit shocking for conservative people. While reading it, I felt it sound a bit repetitive some times. But above all defects, it is worth it. I would recommend you to select a moment when you are emotional and sensitive so as to enjoy it fully.

Andrea Burotto
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a book that I liked a lot, the history, the characters, everything.
I laughed, I cried, I felt sorry,i feel happy, etc. I had a good time reading it There were many phrases that I loved, so my book is full of post its, jaajajaa.
I recommend it, since it is a short and simple reading that will make you think a lot and understand some people better, how they feel etc.
and that would be all.
Ambar Callejones Prato
BEST BOOK EVER
Maryfer MR
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bæs
4.5
It is so beautiful!!!! One of my favorites of the year
Valentina Quijano
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked. I enjoyed the way the author told the facts.
un mundo  entre hojas
Chris break my heart and love in
Javiera Caro
Dec 01, 2019 rated it liked it
No words ...more
Xena Reyes
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't have anything to say but
ART
Not everyone will see it
This is beautiful
But Chris, I love your poetry
Yestephanny
Is ok. in a cool way, of course.
Aurora Espinoza
Solene M-C
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
* 4,5
this book was amazing and so poetic, I loved it
Erick Sanhueza
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, the story, a real one, not just about the good side of loving, but all of its sides, the suffering and the hope some of us might have. I felt really identified by this novel
tearsofarainbow
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
idk, i don’t understand the hipe y’all
Isabella Avellaneda
One of the most inspiring books, that prompts you to be who you are and not be afraid
I love
Elisa
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, realidad
I think is to my favorite books. Is incredible.

• Pulsaciones
  • Ocho lugares que me recuerdan a ti
  • Persona normal
  • El Príncipe del Sol (El Príncipe del Sol, #1)
  • Todo lo que fuimos
  • Anoche en las trincheras
  • No te calles
  • Por una rosa
  • Uno siempre cambia al amor de su vida
  • El fuego en el que ardo (Fuego y hielo, #1)
  • Better off Friends
  • Tres promesas
  • Pepi la fea
  • Pepi la fea 2
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, #1)
  • La ladrona de la luna (El príncipe del sol, #2)
  • Love Letters to the Dead
  • El Principito
“A veces necesitamos sentirnos realmente solos para darnos cuenta de la compañia que somos capaces de darnos queriéndonos un poquito más.” 74 likes
“Un minuto de silencio por todas esas cosas que nunca serán. Que nunca harás. Un minuto de silencio por los cobardes.” 65 likes