Start by marking “Dearborn (Woodland Creek)” as Want to Read:
Dearborn (Woodland Creek)

Dearborn (Woodland Creek)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
I feel his emotions in living color. As if they are my own.

If he’s angry, I rage with him. If he’s grieving, I do too. When he thinks about the past, I’m right there, walking beside him. I am the window to his soul, and yet, in spite of that, he’s a riddle with no solution.

A puzzle with too many missing pieces.

We always want what we can’t have. All I wanted was some peac
Published November 15th 2015 by Jenni Moen

To ask other readers questions about Dearborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dearborn

☕ Kimberly
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Willow our heroine is an empathy. She owns and runs a diner in Woodland Creek. I adored Willow from the start, and we quickly learn that despite her ability she is often lonely and craves normalcy.

Quinn Dearborn is a lifetime resident of Woodland Creek, who despite a chance at a promising football college career ended up joining the service. He has returned now a broken fragment of the confident young man he was. Quinn is struggling with PTSD and after months of promises, he finally joins his ol
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Review posted at: https://beautyandthebeastlybooks.word...

I love Jenni Moen’s writing because we can see it comes from her heart! She is a truly gifted author and Dearborn is another example of it! I love authors that write in more than one “niche”. Dearborn is a book with a paranormal twist, but it could just well be a contemporary romance!

I loved that I could relate to the characters and now I want to know more about them!!

Quin is mys
Jenni Moen
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Coming November 15: DEARBORN

A contemporary romance with a paranormal twist.

description

EXCERPT:

He chuckled, low and throaty. “Yeah.”

When I forced my eyes back to his face, I found him carefully watching me as if he was trying to gauge what I was thinking. A small smile pulled at the corners of his mouth.

“Let me help.” My voice was breathless. I needed to get a grip. He was just a man.

A very wet, very handsome, very sexy man. But still just a man. It wasn’t as if I’d never been around a man before.

I blotte
Vanessa Marie
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dearborn is something new and different from Jenni Moen. We follow Willow, an amazing woman with an incredible gift as she navigates her feelings for Quinn, the one man she's always had her heart set on.

I have to say this is one of the best paranormal romances I've ever read. The push and pull in the story isn't because of some trivial misunderstanding, but magic at play that makes their need and want for each other more difficult but not impossible.

Keeping with that 'Jenni Moen Flare' we know
Lorna
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Rabid Reads) 4.5/5 stars A small town full of supernatural beings? Of course, I wanted to read it. So when Kimberly at Caffeinated Book Reviews recommended this read, I was all over it. I am amazed that I had not heard of these books before, simply because there are so many of them, written by lots of different authors, and they all take place in the magical town of Woodland Creek.

Willow has spent her life in Woodland Creek. She inherited a diner and the house that went along with it, and now r
J.M. Miller
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-or-beta, 2015
description

I think Jenni Moen nailed it with her spin on shifter/parnanormal romance. Dearborn blends reality with a truly magical place beautifully through solid characters and fabulous storytelling.
There's a place called Woodland Creek that holds more secrets than the average small town. Some people who live there are different. Willow Ryker is more different than most, feeling and seeing emotions unlike anyone else. And even though she loves everything different about her life and her town, she's crave
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Rating: 4.5/5

Setting: Woodland Creek

Main Characters: Willow and Quinn

Main Supporting Characters: Ryan

Summary: Willow is an empath that in high school had a crush on Quinn. Quinn returns to Woodland Creek, 15 years after joining the military, a broken man. Willow sees his emotions like a light show around him and realizing that she still has a crush on him, feels drawn to him and wants to help.

Thoughts: I really enjo
Donna
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jenni has written a wonderful shifter romance. Dearborn grabbed my attention and never let go. It is well-written, flows smoothly, and has twists and turns to keep the story interesting. The characters are all likable and I can definitely see more books being written about them. In particular, I think Clive would be a very interesting story.

Quinn and Willow are an intriguing couple. They appear so different from each other but looks can be deceiving. It was interesting watching Willow experience
a_tiffyfit
I was offered the chance to read and review this novel. No compensation for my review as they asked for an honest one and that's what you're getting!

I really enjoyed this book. It was a perfect blend of contemporary romance with a hint of paranormal. Quinn's PTSD basically assaults empath Willow every time she crosses paths with him. And there is a mutual crush still lasting from the last time they saw one another, fifteen years ago.

I liked the friendship between Ryan and Willow and seeing how
Kristy
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of "Dearborn" from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Oh my goodness, "Dearborn" is the first book I've read by Jenni Moen, not knowing what I was in for I started this book, I was soon drawn into the story. "Dearborn" is Jenni's installment for the "Woodland Creek" collection, a collaboration of 30 authors all writing about 1 little town in Indiana USA, I was intrigued with the concept behind this collection.

Just the title intrigued me, then I read the prologue, DAM
Michele
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was so hard to put it down and do adult things. This was the second book of the Woodland Creek series, it was nice to see a different side of this town.

I also loved the mystery Jenni was able to give us between Willow and Quinn. She does an amazing job of keeping you guessing on what's going to happen between Willow and Quinn.

Nothing is ever as it seems in Woodland Creek, just when you think you know it all, this town has a few curve balls to throw at you!

This
Paola
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo image_zpskul1yw9n.jpeg

I will read Anything Jenni Moen writes!
This book is magical, her writing is phenomenal ! I loved every second of Willow and Quinn Love Story!
Bianca
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

As a fan of Jenni Moen’s writing, I was quite intrigued when I found out she was writing a paranormal romance. More specifically, a shifter romance. I tend to be picky about the PNR I read. This was my first shifter type romance and I am glad to say it won’t be my last. This author does not disappoint. This story truly shows the versatility in her writing.

“It was almost as if there was a direct line between her soul and mine. Some thread tether
MJ
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
This book was utterly fantastic. But before I gush about Dearborn, I need to point out that I do not consider myself a PNR fan by any stretch of the imagination. I tend to avoid these stories for the most part but once in awhile, a beloved author of mine will put one out and I take that plunge. This is what happened with Dearborn. And once again, I am so happy that I didn't say no to an advanced copy but took the chance and came out a believe once more.

What I found most endearing about this book
MissTbooks
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
*An ARC was received from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Dearborn is an emotional novel, in the broadest sense.
This book was playing out like a paint so vividly in my mind. I could envision the beautiful colour all around Quinn Dearborn that shown his feelings. Only Willow can see them, and even if this mix of different colours are stunning, they also are so intense to know her down. This is what Willow is used to call Dearborn Effect.
Quinn Dearborn was «the best quarterback in
✫Jeri✫  Just Blog It Book Blog
Dearborn (Woodland Creek) by Jenni Moen

✫•°•·✷·•°•✫•FIVE STAR FABULOUS•✫•°•·✷·•°•✫
★★★★★

Dearborn
(Woodland Creek)
Jenni Moen

"I am the window to his soul, and yet, in spite of that, he’s a riddle with no solution.
A puzzle with too many missing pieces."

-Jenni Moen, Dearborn

Here is another book that has me scrambling for words. The feels I got from this book were crazy intense. Dearborn is beautiful, magical, amazing and heartbreaking, just to name a few. It is an absolutely awesome read. There's so many things I want to say about t
Katherine Paschal
Willow lives a quiet life full of work and more work. She runs her small diner while having greater aspirations of making more of her life. When her high school crush, Quinn Dearborn, returns home from War, her world is put into chaos. The feelings Willow had for Quinn still exist even after all this time and the fact he is not the same person she knew. Quinn is afraid of himself due to his PTSD, seeing himself as damaged and unworthy. Willow knows what she wants but is uncertain Quinn could liv ...more
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dearborn, (Woodland Creek),  Jenni Moen.

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

What a fabulous concept, 30 books by different authors centred around the same small village. I’ve looked and – hurrah - some are on Kindle Unlimited, so I’m planning ( when time allows!!) to read more from this collection.

I’d not read anything by Jenni Moen before but this sounded such an interesting plot I wanted to try this one. I did find it slow to start and in that way, the wr
Heather
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I heard Jenni Moen was releasing a new book I was so excited! She is one of my most favorite authors. I’ve read every single book that she is written and fell in love with every single character. I was going to sign up to be part of the tour and release, but life got in the way. So I waited, bought this as soon as I could and devoured it in one day.

To me, Dearborn is different from Jenni Moen’s other books but that’s how her books are. With The Father was different from the Joy series, and
Jennifer's Reading
Quinn returns to his hometown after serving in the military. He doesn't return as a hero (at least he doesn't think he is a hero) but as someone who is hiding from his life (or more accurately, he is trying to hide from his nightmares). What he doesn't know, is that his hometown has some secrets itself.

Quinn is written as a realistic man returning from war and the horrible things he saw, did, and went through on the other side of the world. Things he couldn't have ever anticipated and now he is
Louise
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Woodland Creek is a truly magical place. Cafe owner Willow is one of the many shifters who lives there but there is even more to her than that. She is an empath. Willow can not only feel but she can also see in colour the emotions of those around her. Usually she can handle the emotions of others, there is only one person who has effected her enough to make her physically sick.

Quinn Dearborn was the small town school hero who left to join the army as soon as school finished. He never returned ho
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I loved Jenni Moen's With The Father, so when I saw Dearborn, I immediately wanted to read it and when I saw that it was a paranormal romance - that was just icing on the cake! I expected a great read and Ms. Moen totally delivered. I never wanted to stop reading it - I just absolutely LOVED it!!

Willow is just a dear and I liked her right away. She's so sweet, kind, understanding, and compassionate. She's definitely the kind of person you'd want to be your best friend and she's the perfect girl
Maghon Thomas
This is the story that made my cry, out right. It was heart wrenching, and beautiful, and real, and oh so sweet. I won't lie, this one is emotional because it's so real. Willow lives in Woodland Creek and has her whole life. She's always been different from the rest of the shifter world. And in high school, she had the biggest crush on Quinn, the all American perfect guy, who was even sweet. But he went to war and came back broken. Or so he thinks, but Willow sees that wonderful boy still in the ...more
DawnMarie  Carpintero
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5 Shifting Stars

I was given this book for my honest review.

“I’d rather face my demons than leave you. I don’t even know what they are, but I’d rather face them than not have you in my life. I think a part of me always knew, if I came back to Woodland Creek, it would come down to this.” Quinn

Quinn-hot and damaged

Willow-pretty and in tuned

Happiness isn’t about the destination it is about the journey. As these words hold so much significance in this amazing read you will read that Quinn has demons
Shelley
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for my review.

I was pleasantly surprised how much I really enjoyed this story. As part of the Woodland Creek series from multiple authors, Jenni Moen’s Dearborn caught me a little off guard. It is about a shifter, a unique (to me) type. The co main character Quinn Dearborn suffers from PTSD due to his service in the war on terror. This is what caught me by surprise; I normally stay away from any military stories due to my own personal experiences with PTSD from the
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Dearborn begins when Quinn Dearborn returns to town. He's been gone for a longtime, but after being in the military it's time to go home. Willow has always had a crush on Quinn, but nothing ever came of it. She remembers how he use to be though, and when she meets him again all those feelings come back to haunt her. Especially since she's an empath, and can feel his emotions more than anyone else she's ever met.

These two will have to go through a whole
Desyerie Bonifacio
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**An e-ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

My first book read from Jenni Moen. I like the mysterious effect of the Prologue bit I didn't know that it will linger throughout the whole story! As I read the book, I always guess what will happen next, the identity of the characters but I always end up wrong. I assume but there comes one scene or revelation that would change my guess I have in my mind again. As if I'm trailing in a room without seeing my surroundings. The
Petula
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is part of the "Woodland Creek" series. They are all set in the same town, but written by different authors. So we get quite a mix of magical stories. I have included a link to the series page at the end of this post.

Willow Ryker runs the diner in town. She is an empath and has to keep her mental shields up so that she doesn't get caught up in other people's moods. There is one person who she can't keep out. His every emotion colours the world around him. Her chef at the diner doesnt
wrecked_life
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! It's full of romance, and intrigue. I loved both Quinn and Willow, side characters are also fun to read about.
Quinn returned from the war a broken person. He is going through many issues and trying to deal with them as best as he can. Willow is like a breath of fresh air for him. Around her she feels grounded, centered, some how better. So for him her company means a lot. In addition to all this he is also attracted to her but she deserves better so he is trying to stay away f
Jo
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Dearborn' by Jenni Moen was a slow burner for me. I felt the story took a little while to get going, but gradually Jenni Moen builds up the momentum until, it reeled me in completely and I was hooked.

This is a beautiful and gently told fantasy of a people that are different. Willow is a two-natured; she shifts between her human form and that of a doe. Not only is she a two-natured however, but she also feels other peoples' emotions as keenly as if they were her own. Into the picture comes Quin
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Halfling (The Aria Fae Series #1)
  • Divided Heart (Hayle Coven #9)
  • Silver Mortal (The Gracen Chronicles, #1)
  • Kissed by Fire (Blood & Magic #2)
  • Kylee (Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse #1 POV 1)
  • The Arrival of Armando DeLeon (In Darkness We Must Abide, #3)
  • Yesterday's Daughter
  • Drakon
  • Diverging Cadence (Cadence, #2)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • Blood Flame
  • Agartha's Castaway - Book 2 (Trapped In The Hollow Earth, #2)
  • Jade (Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse #1 POV 2)
  • First Bite (Darkwood Manor, #1)
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
  • Paranormal Days Gone Awry
  • Armored Hearts (Armored Hearts, #1)
  • Dissension (Chronicles of the Uprising, #1)
Jenni Moen lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three crazy, exuberant kids who have the potential to burn the house down at any moment.

When she’s not chauffeuring kids around town, performing her mom duties as a short order cook and maid, or vacuuming for her fastidious husband, she hammers away at her keyboard. Most of the time, she's up to no good, but every now and then a new book is born.
More about Jenni Moen...

Woodland Creek (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Gargoyle (Woodland Creek)
  • Zenko (Woodland Creek)
  • Bear With Me (Woodland Creek)
  • Crow's Caw at Nightmoon Creek (Woodland Creek)
  • The Scarlett Legacy
  • Moonlit Feathers (Woodland Creek)
  • Treagar's Redemption
  • Phoenix Reborn (Woodland Creek)
  • Broken Wings (Woodland Creek)
  • Dragon's Web (Woodland Creek)