Start by marking “Full Exposure” as Want to Read:
Full Exposure

Full Exposure

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  879 Ratings  ·  174 Reviews
There’s more than one way to be a rock star.

Evan Pak is a card-carrying geek (he even has the job to prove it), but when his photographer brother invites him to tag along on a photo shoot with rock star Riley Flood, he figures it will be two days of ogling and eye-rolling and nothing more. But the reckless bad boy is nothing like he expected, and Evan is mesmerized by the
Published August 5th 2015 by MMRomanceGroup.com (first published July 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Full Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Exposure

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

This isn't a prompt that grabbed my attention. Suffering rock star stories are a dime a dozen, after all.

Trust Amy Jo to follow the prompt to a T and yet transform the story into something true and intense.

When computer geek Evan travels with his photographer brother to a photoshoot, the last thing he expects is to fall for the wild, unpredictable Riley.

Evan's there for an adventure; he wants to tell stories of the spoiled rock star's outrageous behavior at his local bar.

But Riley's no
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Amy Jo Cousins, welcome to my neighborhood.

*pats sofa cushions*

Come. Sit a spell. Whisper more of your delightful words in my ear.

And this story is delightful. Cousins allows Riley and Evan's relationship to bloom and grow into a palpable thing of beauty right before our eyes.

They meet on a photo shoot and ooze chemistry. It is a foregone conclusion that they will spend the weekend together. We're given glimpses of that weekend. Each window gives kernals of truths about each of these characters.
Susan
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
DNF at 60%

This did absolutely nothing for me. I’ve enjoyed Amy Jo Cousins’ writing in other books, but this was such a jumbled mess, I couldn’t get used to it.

I mean, why is “I don’t want to be in my own head anymore.” code for, I want to bottom? I just don’t get it.

And the sex scene I read was at first detailed and all of a sudden we got:
He lays Riley on it, facedown, and fucks him like he doesn’t matter. Tells him with hands and mouth and words how very much he does.

Good way to make me feel
Meep
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author for participating and offering this freebie

RE-READ
Still love these characters, a hot, cute story, but still wish it was a full book!

-- --
I loved the characters; mercurial, vulnerable, rock-star Riley and pov character (third person) Evan who is a sassy, tattooed, Korean, computer nerd. Riley strips away the make-up to show the likeable man beneath the hype and Evan forgets about novelty to see something special.

Their chemistry was instant and intense. There were hot sexy-ti
Jilrene ♥
Another fabulous free read! To me, this was perfection. I loved it. Just, gah!
Ami
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Evan Pak meets Riley Flood in one of those meet-cute/one-off chance situation. Evan is helping his older brother Tommy in a photo-shoot for Riley's newest cover album. Immediately, I fell for Evan's narrative voice. I always love snarky-rambling-when-nervous characters, and Evan fits that to a "T". I wasn't really sure of Riley at first though -- since the story was written solely from Evan's perspective, Riley came as a bit mysterious, a bit arrogant, and totally unpredictable, even until the v ...more
Maya

Huh. This one didn’t really work for me. Couldn’t connect with the writing. I’m going to put it down to my-previous-read-was-so-good-that-any-book-that-followed-it-didn’t-stand-a-chance.

But also:

I didn’t understand Evan’s ‘I want to have an adventure so I can have a good story to tell later’. Why not have an adventure for his own experience and for the memories to cherish later? So with this early on I remained skeptical about Even through the rest of the story.

Riley I liked better but having
Erika
Extremely well done story for the Love is an Open Road event. At first I was imagining that Riley was a mix between Jared Leto and Justin Beiber (I KNOW! :cringe:) but he became his own "person" as I read further on. I also liked that the author made Evan Asian without descending into any of the usual stereotypes. Very nicely done.

I've only read one book and one other short story by AJC so I think now I'll have to check her other M/M books, since she really impressed me with this one.

Sunny
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5, rounded up

Loved the beginning, not so happy about the separation part or the quick wrap up :(

Side notes:
Liked the element of D/s, but it seemed to come out of nowhere. Some early hints would have been a nice tease, the later action a reward for the wait.

I really wanted to see reactions of people when the album cover was revealed, especially people Evan knew.
Karen Wellsbury
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As shorts go, this was practically perfect.
The build up, I know that we all know what is going to happen, but man it was great, the build up was superb, really beautifully paced.

I loved the characters, I have read many, many books where the writers have struggled to get this much emotion and honesty into 200 pages, let alone 80, and for me this is where AJC excels.

I know this is a novella, but the bloody ending was too swift, and yes, I know I'm ungrateful

Amy Cousins
Aug 04, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Full Exposure is up at Amazon and some of the other vendors, although a couple of vendors are still processing. While I wait for Amazon to price match it to free (don't pay for it! it won't be at 99 cents for long, I hope!), any royalties earned will be donated to The Crib at the Night Ministry in Chicago, a youth homeless shelter whose population is about 80% LGBTQ.

Thank you Armi for the terrific prompt that sparked the idea for this story! I very much enjoyed writing about Riley and Evan. :)
Cory
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I swear I had already marked this as read as well as reviewed it....strange!

Any way, I liked it. I really wish it was longer as I enjoyed reading about both characters!
Janeylou
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Janeylou by: Already own
Sandra
Labelled as NSFW, although I think it's fine (view spoiler)
Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love Is An Open Road event. Thank you too all the amazing authors who participated!

I really enjoyed this, and Ms Cousins went through a full story arc in 60ish pages. That's impressive. The first half is fun and a little flirty, it's hard to tell how things will play out. Then I loved seeing the other sides of Riley in their weekend together. I wasn't ecstatic with the choice
Sadie Forsythe
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
I've not read many 'Don't Read in the Closet' stories, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Plus, if I'm honest, I tend to avoid books less than 100 pages long. That's kind of my random,' I consider this worth my time' length. But AJC posted a teaser of this somewhere and it did its job. It made me want the rest of the story. I'm glad of that because I really quite enjoyed it.

I love that it broke so many stereotypes. The rockstar who wasn't an alpha-Ahole, the sexually versatile Korean MC, the geek
Sarah_loves_books
The photography session was erotic, so was the first time together. I'd even say this was the best photography I've read (and I'm drawn to photography romances, I even have a shelf for them).

But there were things I didn't like. The whole writing style. The bear skin rug, and Riley not even feeling bad for the bear! When he could have had an influence on the hotel's policy on rugs, if he had bothered!

The ending was emotional, which I like, but it was also too theatrical which I don't like.

My fav
Ellie
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much! It's very different from Amu Jo Cousins' Bend or Break series which I love but it's totally engaging in a tender, softer, understated way. A refreshing out-of-the-box take on rockstar romance and as diverse (ethnically this time) as this author's books usually are.

One of the best stories in the DRitC event this year for me!
Eugenia
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, shorts
3.5

Liked it. Loved Riley, the rock star. Wanted to hug him, really. Evan, the dork (but not really), deserved a serious wake-up call toward the end of the book.

Another great way to spend an hour.
Heather♥

The first chapter was very promising with the sexy photo shoot and all that delicious tension building up. But the change in tense in the second chapter really threw me off and unfortunately it took me out of the story. I was glad it switched back, but by then it was already nearing the end of the book and I had a little trouble feeling invested in the characters. I thought their little dates and outings in the middle chapter were really sweet but then the ending seemed to be rushed, co
Kira
Definitely my favourite work of Amy Jo Cousins. It's full of tension, emotions and interesting three-dimensional characters who are not specifically designed to be liked, but you still root for them.
This story was about people, first and foremost, and it will work even if you don't like musicians (especially spoiled musicians) theme. I loved the way Evan acted and thought around Riley - not unbelievably nonchalant, but not annoyingly melting in a puddle either.

The ending grabs you right by your
Tatiana

The story was perfectly nice, but the writing style completely ruined it for me.
Melissa
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: l-o-r, loaned
The author did a good job bringing this prompt to life. I enjoyed the characters and the chemistry between the MC's. I had too many image disputes in my head between the photo in the prompt, the characters in the book and the photo on the cover. I felt the story was good but needed just a little more teasing out of the timeline. Overall good job!
Chappy
Didn't love this one...I found Evan to be a bit of a jerk. He was always making rude comments to Riley. If found him too distant.
Lucy
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I want to know Riley's history. Such a lovely story
Wicked
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This little rockstar story is delightful, I am glad I stopped passing it by on my Kindle.
namericanwordcat
A lot of little details come together to make this a very enjoyable romance.

Both of the heroes are well hmmm smug? It is hard to describe but they both act selfishly and a bit carelessly with others and yet they end up being very tender with each other and dedicated to those in their lives.

This is a nice novella that thinks about making a relationship work despite the internal and external pressures.
Sophia
This was my first book by the author. I loved the idea of a story written based on a scene that was handed to them.

This one was a shorter piece for which I was a little disappointed because it was engaging and I would have loved to have read it with more room to expand on the characters, the developing relationship, and other elements. It was a strong story. Both characters had depth and their growing sensual encounter and follow up was riveting much of the time. One character had a desire for a
Maria Rose
For a short novella, there was a lot of story packed into this sexy m/m romance. It's set as three sections, where the two meet, the separation, and then their reunification (and interestingly they are told in different tenses, past and present). It's the story of Evan and Riley. Evan's brother Tommy is a photographer who's been asked to do a cover shoot for rock star Riley Flood. Evan's just along to help out, but as the ideas for the cover change, Evan gets convinced to to pose with Riley, and ...more
  • Chasing Death Metal Dreams
  • Pull Down the Sun
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • The Truth About Forever
  • Just a Feeling
  • Matters of State (Space Portal Vector, #2)
  • The Forest Savage
  • Ask, Answer, Look, Kiss
  • Life Drawing
  • Ten Simple Tips for Surviving the Apocalypse
  • The Downs
  • In Heaven and Earth
To get updates on Amy Jo's new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://eepurl.com/YdVW1.

Amy Jo Cousins lives in Chicago, where she writes contemporary romance, tweets more than she ought, and sometimes runs way too far. She loves her boy and the Cubs, who taught her that being awesome doesn't necessarily have anything to do with winning.
More about Amy Jo Cousins

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be