Start by marking “Cruel Boundaries (Boundaries, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Boundaries (Boundaries, #1.5)

Cruel Boundaries

(Boundaries #1.5)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

He’s my cousin and I love to hate him.
He bullies me.
He tries to break me every chance he gets
I remind him constantly that he’s adopted. It’s the only weapon I have against him.

Authors Note and WARNING: Cruel Boundaries is a work of fiction intended for adult readers above 18. It contains dark and sensitive subject matter
Published July 28th 2015 by MA Horst

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Boundaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Boundaries

Mariℓina
Oct 06, 2015 rated it liked it
They are rivals, they are cousins.
What a twisty and interesting surprise that book was. I expected a romance between the two main characters but never all the drama or the insane past.

Amy and Noah hate each other in a venomous way since they were kids. Noah can't stand her and never forgets to point that out and Amy keeps reminding him that he will never be a real part of their family because he is adopted.

But when they end up living together in the same apartment, all bets are off and the unthi
Madiha J Bookblogger
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I am sitting here, thinking what to write in review for this book.. Yes, THIS book.
I am clueless, I am speechless I don't think any words can do a justice to THIS phenomenal book.
Can we give a 10+ Stars? IT IS A 10+ STAR READ

Michelle Horst has once again done an amazing job in this Genre, Dark Romance. I mean she has completely nailed it. It was so dark, so raw, so gritty yet sensational that I am still dazed by this book and the emotions enfolded in those pages. The impact this book created ar
Beth
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Family Ties Stars

You know how you can talk bad about your family but no one else had better say anything? Yes. That's how families work. We know our relatives are crazy, but nobody else better say a word about it. Only we are allowed to tease, torment or pick on our family.

Noah is a a few years older than his cousin, Amy. There dads are brothers and as family, they are thrown together a lot. Noah is a nice kid who knows he is supposed to be nice to his younger cousin. But she's younger. And
Debbie
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the story of Kristine and Garrett’s daughter Amy, and her love/hate relationship with Noah, the adopted son of Justin and Riza. Back when Amy was younger, she smarted off to Noah about him being adopted and since that day, the two of them have fought and not gotten along. Now Amy’s going to college and their parents want her to live with Noah to help keep her safe. They still fight and then something serious happens that will change the paths of their lives forever.

I’ll just say, the eve
K.A. Graham
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series was quite a shock for me at first, because I came to know Michelle Horst as a sweet author that writes touching, heartfelt love stories. Needless to say, she’s turned a huge corner with this story, and it’s dark, gritty, and absolutely gripping. It makes you realize that not everything is what it seems, and sometimes darkness outweighs the light.

Noah and Amy are cousins who have a love/hate relationship, although the hate overtakes the love by leaps and bounds. Noah was adopted and
Maïwenn  B
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, august-2015
3,5 stars

Cruel Boundaries is the follow up of Dark Boundaries. The main characters of book 1 are presents in this book, and even if the plot doesn't revolve around them, it was a nice addition to the book.

We follow the life of Amy, who's forced to move in with her cousin Noah. Cousin that she hates, and the feeling is mutual.
They stop at nothing to show the other one how strong their hatred is...

I never saw the twist coming and let me tell you that it was well done. Hell falls down on Amy and wh
Michaela Duarte
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First of all, how can you end it like that? So not cool.
But in the end, I absolutely loved it. Michelle, you did a really amazing job on this book. I did not see anything coming. It’s remarkable how you can create such dark books that keep a person hooked and for them to continue to read. I can honestly say that I’d never thought I’d read books such as these, but I am in love with the way you write. Amy and Noah’s relationship is very strange to say the least. It’s quite twisted and is not to ev
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***ARC gifted by author in exchange for an honest review***

RATED AN AWESOME 5 STARS!!!

This story is about Garrett and Kris daughter Amy and Justin and Riza adopted son Noah. Amy constantly reminds Noah that he is adopted and that is the beginning of Noah picking on Amy. Cruel Boundaries was an AMAZING book! I loved the love/hate relationship Noah and Amy have. How at the beginning of the book they could not even be in the same room with each other to they dont want to leave each others side. Cer
Lady Living  In Bookland
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Susan on behalf of Ladies Living in Bookland

Amy and Noah despise one another

Excerpt:
If she wants to take my mom and dad, I'll take her doll. I'll take everything she loves. I'll make her pay for being so nasty to me.

It comes to a head when Amy moves in with her older cousin, to meet Brad. But could Amy use Brad against Noah. Maybe use him as a weapon to score more points? This is what it had turned into. Them both double crossing one another and seeing the worst in one another, that
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing

***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

Dark, gritty, and absolutely gripping.

Not everything is what it seems and sometimes, darkness outweighs the light.

Noah and Amy are cousins with a love/hate relationship. In the war between love and hate, more often than not, hate wins.

Noah was adopted, something Amy constantly reminds him of. It chips away at him and when he responds, it is always in kind.

The hatred, however, masks misunderstandings and secrets. Revelations lead to something both never saw coming.

In ord
Sheryl
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for my honest review (and I’m so happy I did!!!!!)

And she does it again! This time with the next generation… and it’s great!

The characters from Dark Boundaries are the parents in this story, although these books can be read as standalones. But why would you want to do that? Read them both… and fall in love with this story as I have. I don’t want to give any spoilers away, so all I will tell you is you won’t see the twists coming, you won’t be able to hide from the emotions that
Aubrie Brown
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Boundaries. Wow. I was not prepared for this at all. I have no idea how you were able to write this without having a breakdown. Amy and Noah. The second part of this series and was darker than the first book. Lines were blurred in this one and I felt for both characters. Yes, they had a love-hate relationship and enjoyed fighting and bickering. But what had happened was beyond anyone's control. Noah should've realised that family should come first and that Amy needed him when it mattered t ...more
Kristen
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I really wanted to like this book... Unfortunately, a lot of it just didn't make much sense to me. The story was kind of all over the place and seemed very rushed. The characters weren't developed enough for me to connect with, much less care about.

That being said, the story had the potential (with a little more time) to be really good. Hopefully the next one will be a little more fleshed out.
Bloggers From Down Under
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **

You hate her.
You hate being in the same room as you.
She’s annoying.
You hate looking after her.
But you always do what your Mum and Dad tell you.
But you don’t have to like it.
And you don’t.
She gets under your skin.
And she’s so cruel, so terribly cruel, always reminding you that you will never be really family.
Your parents will never really be your parents.
You will never really belong.
You don’t care that she is only eight years old.
You desp
Morgan Terry
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: michelle-horst
Laura (Red Hot Reads)
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't know where to start...........

This book is phenomenal like heart wrenching, dark, gritty, raw, emotional and oh so and soul destroying.

I was totally surrounded by the characters, each giving me that emotion that broke me every time a twist took over and I never actually saw it coming. Rollercoaster of feeling that made me laugh and cry a lot!!!
Talk about cliffhanger........

Amy & Noah have the kind of annoying relationship that they just hate each other. Amy does all she can to be nas
Sophie
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Boundaries is the thrilling, twisted, heartbreaking but beautifully brilliant new release from Michelle Horst.
This book has had me crying, gasping for air, screaming at my kindle and smiling like a loon! Very few books can send you flying through every emotion possible but this book covers the lot!

I'm finding it really hard to review Cruel Boundaries because I really don't want to give anything away! This is purely a book that must be read so you can fully experience the masterful journey
Amo
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing follow up to Dark Boundaries !!

Amy & Noah are your typical cousins growing up, getting on each other's nerves arguing and sniping at each other so when they are older and they still are still acting the same you'd think that normal.. Right !?
Well their not blood cousins, Noah's adopted so is there something more there causing the friction ?

this series literally has you on the edge of your seat and it's a read you just cannot put down until it's finished.
The twists and t
Karen Shortridge
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow this story continues with the Macht family what they have already gone through blew you away, but this one takes it up a level. Noah is Rita and Justin's adopted son and Amy is Kris and Garrett's natural born daughter have grown up as cousins, you would think they had already been through nothing else would happen as they deserve to be happy ever after but this is a real roller coaster ride, you won't believe what happens. Michelle has done a truly amazing job with these she gets you right i ...more
Expresso
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it

This novella is almost as good as Dark Boundaries! The drama is off the charts! Of course the drama is dark and believable hence the four strong stars!

Amy is Garett's daughter and she's all grown up! It seems she's destined to suffer in some of the same ways her mom suffered. Her adopted cousin Noah is the reason for most of it. He chose to believe his best friend and not Amy. After suffering painfully and needlessly (Amy), Noah is devastated to learn Amy was telling the truth! Prepare yourself
Irayda Moran (Quezada)
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a novella in the Boundaries Series. You do not need to read the first to read this one. But if you haven't read Dark Boundaries you are so missing out.
This novella revolves around Noah and Amy. They have this love/hate relationships that leads into nothing but trouble. Its a very good read even with it being a short it gives you a lot & leaves you say WTF many times.
It is also hot and steamy.
I must add if you have trouble reading dark reads do not grab this. It does take you to a d
The BookAddict Mom
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even though I enjoyed this novella tremendously, I found it not as good as the first book, Dark Boundaries. I think the thing I struggled most with is how quickly it kept bouncing between the dual POVs. Now with that said, please don't get me wrong...Cruel Boundaries was sizzling and Michelle Horst has me hooked and panting for more, so I am looking forward to diving into book 2, Twisted Boundaries!
Conny
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I basically ate this book... I couldn't wait to read the sequel of "Dark Boundaries" since I finished it... So what to say about "Cruel Boundaries"? It's a very sexy read, which makes up for the cruelty mentioned in the book. And it made me think of a certain writer who was complaining that she's not able to write sex scenes a few years ago - very well improved, Michelle! *lol*
Amy Dexter
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really this really 5*s but I hadn't realised that book 2 was tagged onto the end of this cruel boundaries book 1.5, so happily reading along then it go finishes. VERY ANNOYING You can't not read book 1 before this book otherwise you miss a big section of the plot. I'm racing on to read book 2 as I cant wait to find out what happens.....
Jennyfer Moorman
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow read the 1st in the series and now this one I love Michelle's style of writing she has you hooked, I really like the fact Michelle has written about the children Amy and Noah. The hate love relationship between the 2 well worth 5 stars I've given can't wait for the next
Samantha
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novella jumped into the action and emotions right away and had me hooked from the beginning. It was a rich and compelling story. Cruel Boundaries was dark and twisted in all the right ways. The ending left me greatly in need of the next book in the series.
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
what a ride!!!! I don't like to leave spoilers so all I'm going to say is get this book!!!! I loved it the story the crazy twists just everything about it!!
Eva Martin
Loved it....can't wait for the next one!!!!
Lindsay
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Talk about taboo! I absolutely loved this book! Dark and twisted and read it all within an hour as I couldn't put it down! Cannot wait to read Twisted Boundaries. You're amazing, Michelle Horst!
Serena Worker
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Noah and Amy have always had a dislike of each other but as adults forced to live in the same apartment. Things go well until one of Noah’s friends Brad threatens Amy to be nice to Noah. When Amy tells Noah, what Brad said and what happened the threat becomes real and Noah realises that he does want to protect Amy.
When the threat turns real and Amy wakes in hospital not remembering anyone she slowly remembers and her and Noah become closer, although when Amy finally remembers she pushes Brad awa

• Love Assaulted (Skulls of Angels MC, #1)
  • With Ties That Bind (With Ties That Bind: Broken Bonds #1)
  • Tied (Voyeur, #2)
  • Bite Me, Daddy
  • Contracted Love (Love Contract, #1)
  • Mr. Sugar
  • Mine, Not Hers (True Love, #1)
  • The Only Reason (River Valley, #2)
  • To Have and to Hold
  • All I Need (Stay, #2)
  • The Espionage Effect
  • Seize (Delirious, #2)
  • Condemned Series:  Books 1-4
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • Ruby's Misadventures with Reality (Emerald City Mystery, #1)
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • Ripple Effect (Ripple Effect, #1-4)
  • Poppy (A Force of Nature Fairytale #1)
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great

Boundaries (4 books)
  • Dark Boundaries (Boundaries, #1)
  • Twisted Boundaries (Boundaries, #2)
  • Broken Boundaries (Boundaries, #3)