Start by marking “Before & After” as Want to Read:
Before & After

Before & After

Rike and Peyton fell in love in college.

A boy from the wrong side of the tracks, covered in ink and crooning in a bar is the last person a straight laced girl with a art major should fall for, but his rough edges made her jagged, alive, shaving away the coddled southern princess and revealing a soul wild and brilliant.

They fell in love, despite her family and his p
Published July 27th 2015 by A&A Literary

To ask other readers questions about Before & After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before & After

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee JonesThe 5th Wave by Rick YanceyReal by Katy EvansBranded by Abi KetnerThe Law of Attraction by N.M. Silber
New Series (2013)
1,002 books — 2,607 voters
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasRed Queen by Victoria AveyardMermen by Mimi Jean PamfiloffAn Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa TahirSix of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
New Series (2015)
449 books — 1,300 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Before & After
Paula M
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
image

Before and After slowly sneaked its way inside my heart. I was caught off guard because I didn't expect that Nazarea Andrews can play my emotions just like that! The moment I saw the cover of Before and After, I KNOW I have to read it. The blurb sounds like an outstanding drama and I've read a book by Andrews before and I was impressed. So why not? I'm glad that I wasn't disappointed. Swoon, drama and happy endings... I absolutely loved it.

I don't think you can read a book by Nazarea Andr
Paula  Phillips
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's the night of Peyton's best friend Lindsey's bachelorette party and they are having an awesome time until tragedy strikes.. This is NOW.

The novel then jumps back three years, where Scott and Rike are working and strutting their stuff at Barrie's Bar as they are in a band and play their quite often when Rike spots a lovely red-head across the room , she is not the type of person who normally hangs out in this scene and she looks a bit out of place. Over time Rike strikes up a conversation w
Kristie Amann
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. This book was AMAZING. Nazarea Andrews does it again. Her writing style is so unique and definitely one of my favorite writers. Such a well written story. Rike and Peyton are such an inspiring couple. The things they go through and everything is just heartbreaking. Their love is absolutely incredible.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is:

"Always, Fish. You're it. My always. You forget me, and walk away and I would love you
Loz
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
2-2.5 stars

obviously judging by the title of this book the reader already knows this is told in past & present pov. our heroine peyton is the present (after) and rike, our hero holds the past pov (before).

i really wanted to love this book and was sold on the synopsis straight away. we know something big happens aka the before & after angle, but sadly i struggled to not skim from page 60 and it's only 160 pages long.

i did really like reading about rike and peyton falling for one another in the "
Stacey
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars Good, quick read. Hero is really, really, really into heroine, which I loved. Sex scenes are crazy hot. Would have liked more resolution about other couple in the book (unless they're getting their own?)and didn't quite buy that heroine's parents were horrible people. Otherwise a really solid read.
Malisa (RomanceBookAddict)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I Loved this book. I loved the uniqueness of the writing style, the alternative POVS. I liked just getting a little piece of the puzzle at a time. At times it was frustrating because I wanted to know everything. But I think that's what makes this book so great is trying to guess what is going to happen next. Or past events. So if that sounds like your kind of book you'll enjoy this book. This is only the second book I have read by N
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“She’s pressed against me, all soft curves and rumpled skirt and sharp nails digging into my scalp and she tastes so f@cking sweet - sugar and sunshine as her tongue tangled with mine, fighting to control the kiss. Her nails sank down, yanking on my hair and I bite her lower lip, just enough to make her moan and sag against me.”

4 stars! I really enjoyed the writing and the characters were complex and interesting to read about.

Rike and Peyton fell i
Esther Haddie's Haven
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I would just like to start this off by saying, I LOVED THIS BOOK! Not only is the cover beautiful, but the actual content is exemplary. I love the characters; the plot just brought on a bunch of feels! I felt slightly uncomfortable about certain scenes and details in the dialogue. Granted, this is the first real New Adult novel I have read in my life, so I shoved it aside. This was a book I could not put down, except to each lunch.
Kim
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I've always enjoyed Nazarea's contemporary novels, so I wasn't at all surprised to find myself completely hooked on the characters and the story from the first few pages. I tend to avoid books where the main character is struggling with any type of memory loss. I just find it so horribly sad. The way this one was told, however, in the alternating Before and After, softened the blow. It was still emotional, but not overwhelmingly so.
I really li
Christyn (The Book Cafe)
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
**This advanced copy was provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review**

My Rating: 4 Coffee Cups!

I loved the fresh take and new spin on a kind of common storyline! Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love. Girl get amnesia. Sounds kind of contrite and unoriginal right? Nope WRONG. Nazarea Andrews takes this and turns it up a whole bunch of notches. This story is about Rike and Peyton. Quite literally the before and the after. This story is told in a dual POV (which I absolutely
Emma
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-na-wishlist
Ok, I’ve got to get this out of my system before I develop into the story further; while I loved the relationships in Before and After I honestly did not understand the kink in this instance, it felt a whole lot skeevy. The idea of co-dependency is another thing I struggle with, probably due to the fact that I have had to cope by myself more often than not.

Nazarea Andrews employs ingenious writing techniques within the narrative, not only is the story told in dual narrative but it also switches
Dianne
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
*Also posted at Oops! I Read A Book Again*

Thank you to Jessica of InkSlinger PR and Nazarea Andrews for the review copy. Receiving one did not affect my views of the novel.

What is it with Nazarea Andrews' books that just gets me reading? I wasn't initially planning on reading Before & After because the blurb sounded like your usual NA fare and I'm a bit over my new adult phase. But then that cover just called out to me and I am weak against pretty covers. I went into the book with no expectation
Cocktails and Books
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️. Full review to come

Merged review:

This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

BEFORE AND AFTER was one of the books that you couldn't put down. Told in alternating POVs between the past and present, Nazarea Andrews gave us an all encompassing view of the romance between Rike and Peyton. It was beautiful, painful and an absolute pleasure to follow.

I loved Rike and Peyton. They were both gritty and a bit beaten down by things from their pasts, but when they were together, no
Michelle
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

This was an ok read for me. I loved the characters in this book. I was really feeling this story.
But… I just didn’t like how the book was written.

I always have a love hate thing when it comes to books with going back and forth between past and present.
Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t. I just hate it when I’m into a certain part of the story….then it’s switches up. It’s hard for me to transition.
It messes up the flow for me. And it almost makes the story drag out.
I wa
Sharrice
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy smokes this book was amazing. Whatever I had been expecting with this story was tossed to the side like a wet newspaper. Before and After is so completely awesome I am ashamed I thought this book could be anything less.

Rike and Peyton had a love at first sight moment. Rike and his best friend and roommate Scott are a two-piece band trying to make it big. Rike saw Peyton one day in a bar and he’s been hooked on her ever since. Finding out who she is and building a life together with her and
Jenna
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 "Fish" & "Jokes" stars!!

This is my first book by Nazarea Andrews and it will not be my last! I loved this book and was pulled in right from the beginning.
Peyton and Rike fell in love when she was in college. She has this vibe of a straight-laced good girl and he is the boy with the bad past that is a rocker. But that is all on the surface. Below that, these two are pieces of a puzzle that belong together.

It is really hard to review this book without giving anything away. For that reaso
Alexandra
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I received an ARC in excange for an honest review. Follow the blo tour stop on http://milkywayofbooks.blogspot.gr/

I was surprised to see that Nazarea Andrews wrote a college contemporary novel! Since it's a stand alone I took the chance, especially after I saw that colorful, beautiful cover!

The story goes back and forth, changing between the POVs of Pey and Rike, giving a mystery on how their relationship was formed and what happened inbetween. I won't spoil you since this is the best part of th
Tammy
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this one just caught my eye I loved the cover art. Amazing story Rike and Peyton have the fairy tale story but in a flash it is forgotten. Peyton and her best friend Lindsey are out celebrating Lindsey and Scott's wedding with a bachelor party. A terrible accident sends both girls to the hospital. Half the book is the NOW from Peyton's POV and she has no memories. Rike is giving Peyton time to remember her life so the alternate chapters begin three years ago when they first see each other and m ...more
Donna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Get out the tissues

This is beautifully and creatively written and the journey this book takes you on is both heartbreaking and beautiful I could put it down
Malissa
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, romance, na, contemporary
Let me start this review by saying, scroll back up and look at that cover, isn't it gorgeous? Yes, it is what initially caught my eye and made me want to find out more about this book and I have to say I love it when a beautiful cover leads me to a good read.

Before and After is a love story, a love story told in the most unexpected way. It is a story about discovering who you are and learning even after tragedy that being true to yourself and loving yourself is more important than being what ot
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
Review originally posted on my blog I Heart Fictional People

INITIAL THOUGHTS

I just had to read this book after seeing the cover. It’s such an awesome cover! And when I read what it was about, it reminded me of The Vow, and I have a soft spot for stories where someone forgets who they are and who their soulmate is. It’s heartbreaking but also compelling because I just HAVE to know what happens.

WHAT I LIKED

I really liked this book. Rike and Peyton are the ultimate couple that I look for in books.
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love, arc
I signed up to read and review this book without even reading the blurb. I just saw the author and said that I want to read her next book because I had read Sweet Ruin, one of her other works, and loved it. Only when the time to read it came, I realized that this book might have been a second chance story (before and after their breakup) and that someone might have cheated. I thought that I had f-up, but once I read the blurb (finally!) I saw that wasn't the case and I panicked for no reason. Th ...more
Moon Love
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I seriously picked a great book to be my first Nazarea Andrews book. There was just something about the blurb that caught my attention and that totally carried over to reading the book. I just ate it up. There's so much I loved about it! I didn't want it to end.

Rike and Peyton are so different yet so alike. I loved both of them so much. I loved Rike for how deeply he loved. I loved Peyton for her attitude. The two of them together was just right, even though it wouldn't appear from j
Cathy
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Talk about an intense emotional roller coaster ride that I was not ready to get off of. Nazarea Andrews introduced me to a group of people that pulled me into their lives from the very beginning. When tragedy strikes there are only so many options for you to take, but sometimes even if it’s hard it’s all worth it in the end.

I was mesmerized by the intensity of these characters, their strong bond with one another making the four of them one strong family that each other needed. A family that was
Miranda
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have tried to devour every Nazarea Andrews book that I can get my hands on (a mission that I am close to accomplishing) and there is one reason why: BECAUSE SHE IS A BRILLIANT WRITER!

As just a side note, before I get into the book, I don’t think that I have ever seen just a versatile author such as Andrews. She can write an amazing zombie series, a haunting dystopian series, and follow it up with a brilliant, heartbreaking love story. She is hands down, one of the bests in my eyes.

On to the bo
We like it big book blog
3-3.5 stars

But… I just didn’t like how the book was written.

It messes up the flow for me. And it almost makes the story drag out.
I wa
Krista
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review (I also bought it because I truly enjoyed it).

What would happen if you met and fell in love with the person that, if you truly thought about it, you would not have hand picked yourself? - but then again, love works in ways that connects us with the people that get us, and help us, and those that need and want us. And then what would you do if that person that you found to love and fight with and have fun with and to share your life
Karen Arrowood
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks, arc
Before & After is, at it's heart, a beautiful love story. Nazarea Andrews takes what should be a trite storyline and breathes new life into it. 2 boys (Rike and Scott) meet 2 girls (Peyton and Lindsay). At first they are happy (the "before"). Then tragedy strikes, leaving one girl paralyzed and one girl with amnesia (the "after"). The story is a roller coaster ride through all the characters' emotions, as we watch one of these couples (Rike and Peyron) work though the incredibly difficult, life- ...more
Sara Miller
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this story! And everything about it. I love the pacing and the dual POV (which sometimes I really can't stand in books but with this one it works extremely well!) the story isn't one I've read a hundred times before, it's gritty and raw and real. These characters are so relatable, and you just want to live in their world and hear the guys play their songs and hang out with Pey and Linds.

It's quirky and fun, which is why I say it's better to me than "The Vow" yes, that was a true story an
Kristina
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this galley in exchange for an honest review.

Before & After is told through the perspectives of the two main characters, Peyton and Rike. I am a huge fan of duel POV stories. The story was truly original in the way the author chose to write it. Peyton’s POV is set in the “after”, and Rike’s POV is set in “before”. I enjoyed reading how they met and fell in love in “before”, but it was “after” that broke my heart. We know a few things, but we pretty much learn what is going on at the
« previous 1 3 next »
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.