Start by marking “Saturday Night (Saturday Night, #1)” as Want to Read:
Saturday Night (Saturday Night, #1)

Saturday Night (Saturday Night #1)

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  131 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
This was no ordinary Saturday night.

Five girls. They couldn't have been more different, but they shared a common dream - a perfect Saturday night at the Autumn Leaves Dance. For each of them, the night meant something different: It was a chance to be beautiful - or dangerous; it was a time to reveal a secret, to even a score, or to fall in love.

Of course their paths crosse
Published August 1st 1992 by Scholastic (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Saturday Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saturday Night

Alaina Meserole
I never would have known about this book or this series if I didn't sign up for two reading challenges: 1) is a series only challenge and 2) wants you to read a book that mentions or is set on New Year's Day. Luckily for me Caroline wrote a series that has a book all about New Year's Eve. So, this was like a two-for-one kind of deal or two-birds-with-one-stone moment.

Even though I knew nothing about Caroline or her work I actually really liked this book. Saturday Night was pretty cute. It's abou
Some of my fondest memories of being a pre-teen and teenager revolve around books. Goodness, I wish I would have saved them all. Now some of them are going for a pretty high price online (and falling apart). Saturday Night first released in 1986. I was in 5th or 6th grade. I had discovered boys. I have no idea where I came to own this book. I do know that I read it over and over and over again. The stories of these four girls (five if you count evil Molly) dressing up and attending a huge dance ...more
Minty McBunny
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, april-2014
I was a young teen when this book came out and it quickly became a favorite of mine. Caroline Cooney, for all that she wrote a lot of lighthearted fluff, is a master of dialogue, her books are always shot through with witty quips and memorable turns of phrase.

Despite the fact that I can recite passages from this book by heart, it's been ages since I actually sat down and read it.

The 80s fashion details are glorious, I really dislike how current trends are to leave out fashion in order to rende
Reading with Cats
This was dreadful. I wanted all of these vile girls to be hit by lightening. And if the characters weren't bad enough, there were abrupt POV changes throughout. On one page, there are thoughts from Beth Rose, Anne and some random band member...confusing and beyond annoying.
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saturday-night
"Pretty dresses, desperate hearts."

Set in the eighties, this book is about five teenage girls and their experiences at their first formal, the Autumn Leaves Dance. They suffer anxieties, dramas and home truths. Secrets are revealed and lessons are learned. Love is in the air too! I loved the detailed descriptions of the dresses and how they made each girl stand out. I especially loved Beth Rose's vintage dress that her grandmother gave to her, which added to her magical night. Beth Rose's storyl
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this series a million years ago when I was teen, and I don't know if it's because I have such fond memories of these books, or if they've withstood the test of time, but I really loved re-reading this first book. They're now ebooks and they were the only thing I bought on Black Friday. Kip, Beth Rose, Emily, Anne and Molly are characters that I suspect I will think I really knew once I get senile, and I'm perfectly okay with that. :)
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

Beth Rose was my favorite character along with the other guy that I don't remember. I remember Beth Rose as myself because I'm more of a loner with the "boys" part but I have girlfriends. :D But what Beth Rose did is really cool. Our JS is near and I wish to make it perfect. CIAO!
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
On a recent visit back to my mums house, I found this on the bookshelf in the spare room. I re-read it and oh the nostalgia! As a young teenager I love loved this series! As I read again of their hopes and dreams, it brought back many memories. Nicely written YA and I'm sure it will charm for years to come despite being rather dated(for me this just added to its charm!).
Mona Bradley
Ah Nostalgia! I first read this book as a paperback in my weekly Scholastic book order I the mid 1980s. Surprisingly this book did not feel as dated as I thought it would. Only a passing reference to pay phones made me feel old.
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Classic Caroline B Cooney. Really enjoyable.
Nov 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I think back to when I read this book; it puts a smile on my face :D
Ngoc Emily Le
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books in the "Love Notebook" series! <3
The story lines are light, easy and fast to read. It's perfect for summer.
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2014
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Winter Dreams, Christmas Love
  • Summer Dreams (Sweet Dreams, #36)
  • Love Match (Sweet Dreams, #10)
  • Something to Hide (Nancy Drew: Files, #41)
  • Friends for Life (Friends, #1)
  • Tease (Making Waves, #2)
  • The Popularity Summer (Sweet Dreams, #20)
  • Roxanne (Sunfire, #15)
  • Centre of Attention (Sweet Valley Twins, #18)
  • The Third Eye
  • The Immortal
  • Ticket Me More
  • Cherry Ames, Night Supervisor
  • Prom Dress
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...

Saturday Night (4 books)
  • Last Dance (Saturday Night, #2)
  • New Year's Eve (Saturday Night #3)
  • Summer Nights (Saturday Night, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
  • Orphan Train Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • Period 8
    $6.74 $0.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • How Dare the Sun Rise: Memoirs of a War Child
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Waking Land (The Waking Land, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
  • When You Reach Me
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • If I Was Your Girl
“Pretty dresses, desperate hearts.” 0 likes
“Fall in love with me, Gary! She thought. Please. Please sit here holding me and think there's nowhere on earth I'd rather be than here, and no girl I'd rather have in my lap than Beth Rose Chapman!” 0 likes