Start by marking “Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)

Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  1,455 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
Lexie Greene has always had such a pretty face.

Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop. She's grown up hearing her Mother constantly remind her that she needs to lose weight. And twenty-three-year-old Lexie knows she’s overweight.

Published August 2015 by Antebellum Publishing

Aradhna Kaur
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this on wattpad just a couple of days ago and I loved it so much. So inspirational, so realistic, so moving. Lexie is so relatable, and everybody is fleshed out - I love how everybody has insecurities and fears, and Lexie's growth is just phenomenal.
Jessica
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Searching for an outside ideal is never going to make you happy on the inside."

I loved this book soooo much!

Blurb
Lexie Greene has always had such a pretty face.

Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop. She's grown up hearing her Mother constantly remind her that she needs to lose weight. And twenty-two-year-old Lexie knows she’s overweight.

With her younger sister's wedding on the horizon and a crush to stalk on Facebook, Lexie's had enough. She gives up her constant daydreams about food a
Joanna Bennett
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book (novella?) was such a fun piece to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and often found myself chuckling. I really enjoyed the writing style as well. I recommend it!
NaDell
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a LOT more fun than it sounds like from the title. It IS about a journey of weight loss, but it's about so much more and it's not a how to book, but rather an uplifting and encouraging book that really just tells a beautiful story about a girl learning who she really is and managing her emotions and things she has put off by overeating and now dealing with them.
Anna
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ㅡfree
I don't know why this was the book to get me out of my reading plateau, but it did and I read the whole thing even though I kind of hated it. The characters were all insufferable, the narrator was horrifyingly judgemental and ultimately I just didn't care about what happened to her at all. The descriptions of her fat long-time best friend felt really callous (seriously, she "waddled" away?), especially compared to her glowing, romantic descriptions of her new skinny gym friend.

I hated that Lexi
Kelsey Keating
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bon Bons to Yoga Pants is one of those books that just makes the reader nod their head and say "yeah. Totally. I get that."

Lexie Green is relatable, she's funny, she's insecure...she's every woman.
She's also obsessed with being "hot" for a guy she's never met in person.
So, yeah...she's totally normal.

Following Lexie's journey is inspiring, tear jerking, and hilarious. Everyone (man or woman) can relate to the feeling of not measuring up, not always getting along with your family, or worrying tha
Lee
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a great tale that proves that what you think about yourself makes you happier than trying to conform to what people think of you. (Or what you think, people think of you.)
Ivy - Hearts Books.
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, kindle, arc
Big thank you to NetGalley and Antebellum Publishing for this read.

It took me a while to read it and honestly don't think I would have ever thought of buying it were it not for the arc. I thought it was a self-help or biographical sort of read.
Once I started, I could not put my Kindle down! I wanted to know what would happen. Not sure am too hot about the ending but it was AN IMPERFECT PERFECT READ.

Am sure am not the only reader to have thought "Psycho" about Bradley then after their video call
Mélissa Tremblay
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Net Galley for this book in exchange for an honest review.

Bon Bons to yoga pants was funny, engaging and most of all relatable.
Meet Lexie, an overweight girl in her 20's who has always turned to food instead of dealing with her emotions. Her dad died recently, her younger sister is getting married, and there's Bradley, her online crush who hasn't seen anything but her face...yet. Until he invites himself as her date for her sister's wedding. Lexie doesn't have a choice, along with
Tristen
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm giving this 3-3.5 stars because of the subject matter and real-feeling of the main character's voice. I think I would have enjoyed this better as a read book instead of as an audiobook (I didn't not enjoy the author's voice much). However, this was a sweet story and it seemed fitting as I'm on a big fitness kick for the last year because of my upcoming nuptials.

The book as a whole was a bit raw, a bit g-rated, however, it was sweet and heart-warming. The main main character (and her love in
Gina
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking touching read!
Lisa  Keegan
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
total mindless reading. it was free. made me hungry
Maria Casey
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-kindle
Really cute. I'll definitely read the sequel.
Els
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I laughed, and cried with Lexie. I felt for her and I admired her. It was a book full of emotions and with a lot of things that made you think and wonder.
Dorothy
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A very fun and sweet book to read. Lexie Greene is wanting to lose weight. But she discovers more about herself than just the desire to be "pretty" and "hot" for a guy. She learns how to face her problems and work through her emotions and grow as a person and that she IS enough. It had me in tears several times. I felt like I really understood her struggle.
Lizzy Baldwin
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As the blurb suggests the book follows the utterly darling Lexie and her struggle with mother and sister over her weight. She knows they’re right she just doesn’t want to combat it, just yet. With a wedding coming up and the potential dating game about to step up a mark Lexie wants to shift those pounds. Joining a diet group and trying to stop herself dreaming of doughnuts we read along as Lexie struggles to come to terms with her eating, her family, her feelings of loss from the death of her fa ...more
Brittany Curtright
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
I have read this book twice now and it is so good and really hits home with some of the topics without shaming. It connects to you and you root for Lexie to succeed.
Alex Reborn
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really wanted this to be somehow related to yoga, but only the yoga pants are mentioned. Anyhow, the story was wonderful and I was impressed by the outcome. It was a story of transformation and determination, even if the starting point is wrong. The flaws of the characters makes them believable.

This book made me understand things better, because I had the chance to read the thoughts that lead people to certain actions. In some ways it's difficult for me to understand how food can become such
Michelle MacQueen
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, every person that has ever struggled with their weight and hated themselves for needs to read this book NOW!

Lexie has a love/hate relationship with food. It's a relationship that taints every other part of her life. Her mother is on her case about it. She can't get along with her sister. Her father's weight killed him. It's one thing after another. The only thing in her life that makes her happy is Bradley, her internet boyfriend. But, it terrifies her when he wants to become more tha
Kella Campbell
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I got to read this while I was doing e-book production for it (one of the perks of the job is that I get to read the good ones) and it is great. Slips by like a fast, easy read and then you finish it and think, wow, there were a lot of deep feels in that. If you've ever felt intimidated at going to the gym, or wondered where those extra pounds came from and why they won't go away, or heard that inner voice whispering you're-not-good-enough, you should read this book. There were moments when it m ...more
Mary Cooper
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went through a lot of different emotions reading this book: pity, sorrow, joy, embarrassment, anger, back to joy, triumph. I went through every emotion that Lexie had with her, thanks to Katie Cross' writing. By the end of the book, I felt like Lexie was a friend and I had an emotional bond with her. I want to know more about her...how her life went after the book.
The struggles that us "big-boned girls" have shone through. It gives readers the realization that it doesn't matter what your size
Genni Eccles
Such a cute book! I was a bit uncomfortable and annoyed for the first half, but the book got so much better as it progressed. I do recommend his if you're looking for an easy contemporary read!

3.65 stars!

You can find a more detailed review here on my blog!
Tara
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was excellent. Every woman has had thoughts voiced by Lexie. It also does a fantastic job of showing how food addiction is a real thing, and some people really struggle with it. Everyone should read this book to get inside the mind of someone working on facing emotional issues, because all of us have been there.
Suzanne
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Needed something light and easy for a change after a few pretty deep scripts and this was just the ticket. I laughed and related and was glad the romance story didn't get too sappy and dependent. Will read her next one too.
Jennifer Jimmerson
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most uplifting, encouraging, motivational book I've read. It's real. It deals with a topic that a lot of people struggle with. It's freaking hilarious. It's perfection. I love it!

Remember: You're an effing swan.
Kelsey Langenfeld
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun book to read. I loved following Lexie's story. She is so relatable and fun. This made me laugh, and giggle and REALLY hungry on more than one occasion. Don't read this on an empty stomach, or in my case, watch the pregnancy cravings. Seriously, read this. It's phenomenal.
Samantha
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Katie Cross does it again! Her book had me enthralled until the end. Not only does she excel with YAFantasy, apparently she's proficient with ChickLit as well! You go girl! *throws glitter* I can't wait to read the other HHS books!
Mwanaidi
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Many women would identify with Lexie Greene's struggles. This book is the right way to start a new year.. Here is to achieving goals :-)
Jeremiah
Dec 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IT WAS AWESOME
Felicity
May 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Great idea - not the most original execution. This was given in the initial disclaimer that this was a bunch of serial episodes joined up. unfortunately it read like that and if you like "Dear Diary" stories this is not a bad one. Full disclosure I read this over a weekend that my husband was out of town and maybe a bit of time to reflect between chapters would have made it "more my thing"

There is a lot of soul searching and advice dispensed which is ok but feels a bit pop psychology in parts an
Madison Mega-Mara...: #93 - Bon Bons to Yoga Pants 1 4 Apr 21, 2016 06:39AM
  • Third Time Lucky: The Honey Trap
  • Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1)
  • Summer Flambé (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #2)
  • She Sins at Midnight
  • The Butterfly Groove: A Mother's Mystery, A Daughter's Journey
  • Her Best Match (Best Girls, #1)
  • From Glowing Embers (Tales of the Pacific, #1)
  • Payback and a Bottle of Merlot (Like Sisters #1)
  • The Almost Wives Club (The Almost Wives Club, #1)
  • For Better, For Worse
  • Miss Match (The Match Series, #2)
  • Love for Scale
  • Twenty Wishes / Summer on Blossom Street
  • Yesterday's Thief (Eric Beckman, #1)
  • Borrow-A-Bridesmaid
  • The Sanctum
  • Unlikely Soldiers (Civvy to Squaddie) (Unlikely Soldiers, #1)
  • Moment in Time (Summer House #1)
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my Vizsla’s, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Especially ciabatta. Sweet potatoes are kind of my thing. Cookies to
More about Katie Cross

The Health and Happiness Society (2 books)
  • I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Working hard to please someone else, instead of yourself, never brings happiness.” When” 0 likes