Start by marking “Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)

Bon Bons to Yoga Pants

(The Health and Happiness Society #1)

Lexie Greene has always had such a pretty face.

Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop. She's grown up hearing her Mother constantly remind her that she needs to lose weight. And twenty-three-year-old Lexie knows she’s overweight.

With her younger sister's wedding on the horizon and a crush to stalk on Facebook, Lexie's had enough. She gives up her consta
Published August 2015 by Antebellum Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bon Bons to Yoga Pants, please sign up.
Catherine Yes i think it would. There's a lot of disordered eating described in the novel, and very little payoff with new healthy messages. Healthy body image…moreYes i think it would. There's a lot of disordered eating described in the novel, and very little payoff with new healthy messages. Healthy body image is hinted out and finally introduced with little narrative build up in the end of the novel, but getting there will be triggering for people who've struggled with eating disorders. (less)

Start your review of Bon Bons to Yoga Pants (The Health and Happiness Society, #1)
Aradhna Kaur
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this on wattpad just a couple of days ago and I loved it so much. So inspirational, so realistic, so moving. Lexie is so relatable, and everybody is fleshed out - I love how everybody has insecurities and fears, and Lexie's growth is just phenomenal.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Bon Bons to Yoga Pants is one of those books that just makes the reader nod their head and say "yeah. Totally. I get that." I have lived many of the experiences that Lexie had in this story, and if was quite refreshing to see how she dealt with them. She went through quite a physical metamorphosis throughout the book, yet on the inside, was still the insecure young woman from before her journey. She had to keep journeying to complete her transition.

Lexie Green is relatable, funny, and insecure.
Joanna Bennett
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book (novella?) was such a fun piece to read. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and often found myself chuckling. I really enjoyed the writing style as well. I recommend it!
Jessica
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Searching for an outside ideal is never going to make you happy on the inside."

I loved this book soooo much!

Blurb
Lexie Greene has always had such a pretty face.

Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop. She's grown up hearing her Mother constantly remind her that she needs to lose weight. And twenty-two-year-old Lexie knows she’s overweight.

Kelsey Keating
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Lexie Green is relatable, she's funny, she's insecure...she's every woman.
She's also obsessed with being "hot" for a guy she's never met in person.
So, yeah...she's totally normal.

Following Lexie's journey is inspiring, tear jerking, and hilarious. Everyone (man or woman) can relate to the feeling of not measuring up, not always getting alo
NaDell
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a LOT more fun than it sounds like from the title. It IS about a journey of weight loss, but it's about so much more and it's not a how to book, but rather an uplifting and encouraging book that really just tells a beautiful story about a girl learning who she really is and managing her emotions and things she has put off by overeating and now dealing with them.
Lee
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a great tale that proves that what you think about yourself makes you happier than trying to conform to what people think of you. (Or what you think, people think of you.)
Ivy - Hearts Books.
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, arc, kindle
Big thank you to NetGalley and Antebellum Publishing for this read.

It took me a while to read it and honestly don't think I would have ever thought of buying it were it not for the arc. I thought it was a self-help or biographical sort of read.
Once I started, I could not put my Kindle down! I wanted to know what would happen. Not sure am too hot about the ending but it was AN IMPERFECT PERFECT READ.

Am sure am not the only reader to have thought "Psycho" about Bradle
Mélissa Petitpas
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Net Galley for this book in exchange for an honest review.

Bon Bons to yoga pants was funny, engaging and most of all relatable.
Meet Lexie, an overweight girl in her 20's who has always turned to food instead of dealing with her emotions. Her dad died recently, her younger sister is getting married, and there's Bradley, her online crush who hasn't seen anything but her face...yet. Until he invites himself as her date for her sister's wedding. Lexie doesn't have a choice, along with
Kella Campbell
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I got to read this while I was doing e-book production for it (one of the perks of the job is that I get to read the good ones) and it is great. Slips by like a fast, easy read and then you finish it and think, wow, there were a lot of deep feels in that. If you've ever felt intimidated at going to the gym, or wondered where those extra pounds came from and why they won't go away, or heard that inner voice whispering you're-not-good-enough, you should read this book. There were moments when it made ...more
Lisa  Keegan
Aug 19, 2017 rated it liked it
total mindless reading. it was free. made me hungry
Tristen
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm giving this 3-3.5 stars because of the subject matter and real-feeling of the main character's voice. I think I would have enjoyed this better as a read book instead of as an audiobook (I didn't not enjoy the author's voice much). However, this was a sweet story and it seemed fitting as I'm on a big fitness kick for the last year because of my upcoming nuptials.

The book as a whole was a bit raw, a bit g-rated, however, it was sweet and heart-warming. The main main character (and her love in
Quirkybookworm
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
You go, girl!
Lexie Green is practically every woman.
I so totally get Lexie Green!
Lexie Greene is now my heroine!
If she's grumpy, then I'm grumpy, if she's sad, then I'm sad. If she's hungry then I'm hungry. If she's happy then I'm happy.
This is a wonderful, adorable book which almost every woman can relate to!
Guess what gals? If Lexie Greene says that we're worthy of ourselves , then, by golly, we are SO totally worthy!!
I would LOVE to read her next book
Kaitlyn Martin
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely the book I needed to get me out of my reading slump and get me in the right mindset with my health for the new year!
Maria Casey
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-read-kindle
Really cute. I'll definitely read the sequel.
Gina
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking touching read!
Els
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I laughed, and cried with Lexie. I felt for her and I admired her. It was a book full of emotions and with a lot of things that made you think and wonder.
Catherine
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Lauren Bates
I LOVED this book. I found myself laughing out loud at some parts that hit me in between the eyes, but my heart also was soft for Lexi as she struggled to find her true self. A feel-good read that speaks to women about appreciating oneself for oneself. Higly recommend to anyone who enjoys a good "chick lit" novel!
Renee
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, arc, read-2019
What better way to celebrate my birthday than to sit down and finish reading this delightful book. Okay, so maybe not sit down, I listened to the audiobook so I may have roamed around the house and done the dishes.

The narrator was a great match to the main character and brought the story to life. I enjoyed spending time in this world and I'd like to get to know some of the other characters more. Luckily, this is the first book in the series, so I can.

I loved going along Lexie's weig
Lizzy Baldwin
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As the blurb suggests the book follows the utterly darling Lexie and her struggle with mother and sister over her weight. She knows they’re right she just doesn’t want to combat it, just yet. With a wedding coming up and the potential dating game about to step up a mark Lexie wants to shift those pounds. Joining a diet group and trying to stop herself dreaming of doughnuts we read along as Lexie struggles to come to terms with her eating, her family, her feelings of loss from the death of her fa ...more
Brittany Curtright
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge
I have read this book twice now and it is so good and really hits home with some of the topics without shaming. It connects to you and you root for Lexie to succeed.
Angie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
You can't be happy and FAT!
Alex Reborn
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I really wanted this to be somehow related to yoga, but only the yoga pants are mentioned. Anyhow, the story was wonderful and I was impressed by the outcome. It was a story of transformation and determination, even if the starting point is wrong. The flaws of the characters makes them believable.

This book made me understand things better, because I had the chance to read the thoughts that lead people to certain actions. In some ways it's difficult for me to understand how food can become such
Michelle
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously, every person that has ever struggled with their weight and hated themselves for needs to read this book NOW!

Lexie has a love/hate relationship with food. It's a relationship that taints every other part of her life. Her mother is on her case about it. She can't get along with her sister. Her father's weight killed him. It's one thing after another. The only thing in her life that makes her happy is Bradley, her internet boyfriend. But, it terrifies her when he wants to bec
Mary Cooper
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went through a lot of different emotions reading this book: pity, sorrow, joy, embarrassment, anger, back to joy, triumph. I went through every emotion that Lexie had with her, thanks to Katie Cross' writing. By the end of the book, I felt like Lexie was a friend and I had an emotional bond with her. I want to know more about her...how her life went after the book.
The struggles that us "big-boned girls" have shone through. It gives readers the realization that it doesn't matter what your size
Leslie
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Because you can't be happy or have any self esteem if you're fat... and of course you must be lazy, emotionally broken and a binge eater... but if you can just manage to starve your self and exercise enough then every thing will work out! You'll get the job and the man and be happy... if only you'll manage to loose the weight!
Genni Eccles
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Such a cute book! I was a bit uncomfortable and annoyed for the first half, but the book got so much better as it progressed. I do recommend his if you're looking for an easy contemporary read!

3.65 stars!

You can find a more detailed review here on my blog!
T
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was excellent. Every woman has had thoughts voiced by Lexie. It also does a fantastic job of showing how food addiction is a real thing, and some people really struggle with it. Everyone should read this book to get inside the mind of someone working on facing emotional issues, because all of us have been there.
Suzanne
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Needed something light and easy for a change after a few pretty deep scripts and this was just the ticket. I laughed and related and was glad the romance story didn't get too sappy and dependent. Will read her next one too.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #93 - Bon Bons to Yoga Pants 1 5 Apr 21, 2016 06:39AM

• The Great American Detox Diet: Feel Better, Look Better, and Lose Weight by Cleaning Up Your Diet
  • Someone Else's Love Letter
  • The Marrying Type
  • Project You: More Than 50 Ways to Calm Down, de-Stress, and Feel Great
  • Summer Flambé (The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles #2)
  • Skinny Bitch Gets Hitched (Skinny Bitch #2)
  • 10 Principles for Studying Your Bible
  • For Better, For Worse
  • Desperate Measures
  • Friends Like These (Friends Like These, #1)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Hollywood in Heels: A Small-Town Girl's Adventures in Tinseltown
  • Thursdays at Coconuts (Coconuts Series Book 1)
  • She Sins at Midnight
  • A Nun Walks Into A Bar (Nun-Fiction #1)
  • Chloe's Rescue Mission
  • Four Weddings and a Fiasco
  • Joyfully Yours
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my precious kids, my Vizsla’s who act like children, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Espe

The Health and Happiness Society (5 books)
  • I Am Girl Power (The Health and Happiness Society, #2)
  • You'll Never Know
  • Hear Me Roar (Health and Happiness Society #4)
  • What Was Lost (Health and Happiness Society #5)
“Working hard to please someone else, instead of yourself, never brings happiness.” When” 0 likes
“If you’re chasing a dream of how everything should go, then you’re going to chase it forever. Because, news flash, it never goes the way it’s supposed to.” 0 likes