Start by marking “The Boss (Managing the Bosses #1)” as Want to Read:
The Boss (Managing the Bosses #1)

The Boss

(Managing the Bosses #1)

From Best Selling Author, Lexy Timms, comes a billionaire romance that'll make you swoon and fall in love all over again.

Published July 27th 2015 by Dark Shadow Publishing (first published July 23rd 2015)

Brie
Mar 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
hated. hated. hated. DNF @42% I cannot stand weak women as a heroine in a romance novel. boyfriend treated you like shit dumps you gets engaged to your bratty spoiled sister and you are the maid of honor? you let her talk down to you and just take it? you let your family treat you like crap and still do whatever they want? you let your ex keep your damn apartment that your sister moves into while you live with you jackass parents in the basement of their house? all while they tear down your self ...more
MelaDWolf
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3.25stars!

This one is short and cute novella, but it would be much better if heroine had more courage to go against her family. She is the factor that I didn't like and I didn't really had some connection with H.
Also, there is the sentences that I hate more than anything in books (well, almost anything) :
Not with the lights on.

Yeah, that doesn't work well with me.

Still, I'm planing to read next part, but I hope heroine will be stronger and more confident.
Duchess Nicole
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story was great but the writing unpolished. No subtleties here. Not to mention the story itself is super short and ends in a really odd place...I'm assuming it's part one of a serial? Men.
Maree Repa
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing series romance this was. Such a fun read it is. So many thanks to amazing writer Lexy Timms.

We meet Jaime Conners who is attending Christine, her younger, thinner sisters wedding anniversary Engagement Party. Jaime is having such a hard time with crazy parents, a Bridezilla sister and even an ex boyfriend, Stephen, who is engaged to her sister. They all are just so nasty to her and everything about her life too. You just have to feel sorry for her now.

When Jaime decides to leave
Nick
Jan 31, 2016 added it
I almost didn't even put that I read this because I was ashamed I even did it. But I'm convinced I have to let others know to stay away. At least I can get this off my Kindle without feeling like I might be deleting something worth keeping...

Don't do it. Reconsider.
Don't read this... "literature"

Also.. the double disclaimers of "this is not erotica" is HIIIIIGHLY unnecessary. Because I don't think anyone might mistake this for erotica, boo boo...
Monique Machuca-Austin
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
BRIDEZILLA SISTER + DOUCHE-BAG EX-BOYFRIEND + SMART PA WITH CURVES + BILLIONAIRE HOT BOSS = 5-STAR READ!

Jaime Connors is sitting a restaurant celebrating her younger and thinner sister, Christine, engagement to her douche-bag ex-boyfriend – Stephen.

“… given up on finding a man. Despite being smart, pretty, and just slightly overweight, she's a magnet for the kind of guys that don't stay around.”

With her high maintenance, bridezilla of a sister who demanded Jaime to lose a substantial amount of
Rejane
Blurb is not appealing. AT ALL. This “overweight character” plot is never done right. And to make matters worse her ex boyfriend is marrying her sister and they’re making her a bridesmaid and she says nothing. Where in this world is this appealing to anyone??And the word: CLIFFHANGER is poisonous to my eyes.
P.S. there’s grammatical mistake in the blurb...😕

QueenKatie
 photo D311B99B-6C0E-4AFE-B45C-E0396977F83B_zpsadtej00s.gif

I knew that there might a cliff hanger, but that wasn't a cliffhanger, that was just someone not just finishing the end of their story.  photo 1FC4CB3E-0519-4484-A1C0-55D8C66131BB_zpsg2aci3aq.gif

And then the way Jamie's family treated her  photo C350C19D-98EF-43EC-9E31-A304AA23F504_zpsp9po3fzs.jpg

There was this non-believable-ness of Alex falling for Jamie.  photo 038E2282-6BA9-477F-9EC2-BC39AC2EA7F7_zpsucpgnpnj.gif

Sorry. Bad book.
Dilek VT
Jan 13, 2019 marked it as nope
Based on the reviews I have read, it sounds awful to me...

United Indie Book Blog
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast paced story which I LOVE!. Jamie I love her! She's great BUT I can't wait for her to grow a pair and just snap on that sister and mother of hers! Ugh. And Alex! Wow! Sexy confusing Alpha! I hate that it ended in a cliffhanger I need September to be here ASAP!

was given an advance copy of this book for an honest review from United Indie Book blog

Reviewed by Ya-Ya
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
I really enjoyed this book. I just wish there was more to the ending. I felt like it the author could have added more to the story but there was some good moment in the book but really wanted to kill the sister and Stephen the jerk.
Danielle Fisher
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a confession....I've become a bit of a hoochie mama in my reading style lately. Everything from erotic romance to vanilla romance. Everyone keeps recommending these style of books and I hate to pass on recommendations. I read about a book every 2 days, sometimes more, and truthfully? The hoochie mama stint has gotten old....and boring....and repetitive. Just yesterday, I found myself glossing over the sex scenes. Really? I mean, really?

But when I went on and found that The Boss was free (
Dana Busenbark
Jamie is a young woman who we find stuck at a dinner with her family and ex-boyfriend. He met her younger sister and dumped her, asking her sister to marry him. She excuses herself during dinner to go to the restroom and before she knows it, her ex is talking to someone in the hallway. Talking to him about how his work is going. What her ex does next is unbelievable, but maybe also one of the best things he has ever done for her. She is able to move out of her parent's basement, get away from he ...more
Charity Foster
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to the series!! I fell in love with Jamie right from the start. She has had a horrible life and has an even worse family, but the one bright light in her life is her new boss Alex. He is everything she could want in a man, but she doesn't want to cross that line. Why you might ask? Because she doesn't feel worthy of anything good, her family has beat her down for so long, that she is not sure how to be strong anymore. What she doesn't realize is that is she strong because of t ...more
2kasmom
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jamie Connors meets Alex Reid at a restaurant where her ex-boyfriend is celebrating being engaged to her sister. She is recommended to him as a woman who is not distracting, who is overweight. Her family treats her like a fat Cinderella. She needs the job so she can move out of her parent's basement.

Alex offers her the job right away. She comes highly recommended by her previous employers. She is also overwhelmed with planning the wedding for her sister who is a lazy, spoiled brat. She is also m
Kat Loves
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and can't wait for more.

Jamie has very low self-esteem thanks to her family and they way they treat her. She has a younger sister, Christine, who is very high maintenance. Christine is getting married and relies on Jamie to pretty much do everything for the wedding, she even insists that Jamie lose weight or she won't be maid of honour.

Stephen is Christine's finance and Jamies ex boyfriend. He is a real shallow jerk and dumped Jamie because she had gained a little weight.

Alex
Mary Mccormack
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder where body issues and low self-esteem come from? Meet the Connors and Jamie's ex-boyfriend Stephan (her little sister's fiancé). After all if she was skinnier he wouldn't have cheated and hey she really should suck it up and drop six dress sizes to earn the right of being maid of honor.
Enter Alex, Stephan's college friend, workaholic billionaire with more going on his work life then he can handle on his own that realizes it's time to find a PA who will hopefully be a non distraction.
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone
Ages of H and h: in their late 20s I'd say
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
HEA/HFN/etc End
Kim
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
New to me author. I listened to the audiobook. This book is a MF romance. The book is told from the heroines POV. I’ll read more from this series.
Amanda Grooms
Feb 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Jamie has some issues. Belittled by her mom and sister, not to mention her sister’s fiancée (her ex-boyfriend!!) Stephen, it was hard to not want to shout at Jamie to wake the fuck up and get a backbone. At least she took on a new job, and Alex seems like a good guy.... but with issues. I enjoy Jamie finding something she excels at, but the weight loss bullying is definitely a trigger for me, and though I think it is supposed to be handled insensitively, it definitely rubbed me the wrong way. Wi ...more
FANTASIAH
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
So very short novella.. needs more depth.. maybe because it's a series that's why it was like this .. gonna read the rest 'cause I really liked the concept of the heroïne being a slight overweight!
Kristin
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
2-1/2. Won't be reading the other books from the series. Only finished it because I purchased the book and audio. It was bleh
KatyMarie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Overall this book was an easy read, however, I really struggled to connect to the main character. I understand that family issues are common but the way that Jamie's family treated her throughout this book was completely unacceptable and I don't know how she continued to let them treat her in such a way. It was difficult to read any scenes with the family because it was entirely frustrating as Jamie never tries to stand up for herself.

I know that many individuals believe that family is family a
Crystal Yawn
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short read, only 75%of book is story, then a preview.
This was an entertaining, puzzling read. How can one family be so down right mean? Jaime's family is horrid and she takes it. Half the time I was reading to see if the doormat would stop getting stomped on. She is a growing character and I can't wait to see how she turns out in book 2.
Alex is a sexy boss who is an absolute control freak. Love him, but he didn't get as much time as I'd like to see. Again interested to see where book 2 takes him
Mandy Saial
Jun 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Boss ( Managing the Bosses book 1 )

Must Read More !!

My amazon review link below ......

Fernanda
Apr 27, 2016 rated it liked it
☺ it was ok.... but I don't like ends with cliffhanger.... annoying!
Deborah G.
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the story of a young woman named Jamie, still living with her parents, her vile sister, soon to marry Jamie's ex-boyfriend. We are all aware that every family has its own dynamic but this one is downright cruel to Jamie, excluding her father who is somewhat supportive outside his heavy work schedule. Jamie's soon-to-be brother-in-law meets an old friend at a restaurant where the family is having dinner & this is our introduction to Alex, her new future boss. Part of the employment ag ...more
Subhajit Das
Nov 26, 2018 rated it liked it
The Boss (Managing the Bosses #1) by Lexy Timms

Blurb- Jamie Connors has given up on finding a man. Despite being smart, pretty, and just slightly overweight, she's a magnet for the kind of guys that don't stay around.

Her sister's wedding is at the foreground of the family's attention. Jamie would be find with it if her sister wasn't pressuring her to lose weight so she'll fit in the maid of honor dress, her mother would get off her case and her ex-boyfriend wasn't about to become her brother-in
Rachel
Horrible book. I'm not sure if I read something different from everyone else...

Jamie is basically belittled and put down by her entire family throughout the whole book. She's dumped by her live in boyfriend (who kicked her to the curb to marry her sister), has to give up her apartment and move back home to live in her parents' basement, lost her job cause her former boyfriend was the boss' son. Let's add more insults for the poor girl, shall we? She's fat...and everyone let's her know. Jamie's s
Adriana Bonilla
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm doing this review for the first boxset of books.
Sooooo...I love it!!! This books are my guilty pleasure, I just can't avoid it, it has the perfect couple, with the perfect amount of drama and lots of fun. I frankly love it.

So Jamie is an insecure woman with family issues. Her family is all over the place and they don't seem to notice that they're hurting her. She has been under this kind of abuse for a couple of years and when she found and scape boat she took it.
She was just this wonderfu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Billionaire's Lies
  • Heat (The Stark Affair #1)
  • Bossy Request
  • Oceans Apart, #2
  • In Sly's Eyes (Marco's MMA Boys, #2)
  • Cade: Fire And Ice: A Second Chance Hockey Romance
  • Time for Trouble (Blake Brothers Trilogy #3)
  • Midnight Sun (McKenna Chronicles, #3)
  • Cause
  • Secret
  • Darksider (Reveler, #3)
  • Under My Thumb (Serenade #1)
  • Pursuit (The Alpha's Captive, #2)
  • Unlawful Attraction Vol. 1
  • Miles: Inked Hearts
  • G.I. BABY
  • The Soldier's Lady
  • For The Night (Luna, #1)
Lexy Timms is a mom, business woman, dreamer and writer. She finally decided to write her first romance novel and Saving Forever is her debut story.

Managing the Bosses (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Boss Too (Managing the Bosses #2)
  • Who's the Boss Now (Managing the Bosses #3)
  • Love the Boss (Managing the Bosses #4)
  • I Do The Boss (Managing the Bosses #5)
  • Wife to the Boss (Managing the Bosses #6)
  • Employed by the Boss (Managing the Bosses #7)
  • Brother to the Boss (Managing the Bosses #8)
  • Senior Advisor to the Boss (Managing the Bosses #9)
  • Forever the Boss (Managing the Bosses #10)
  • Christmas with the Boss (Managing the Bosses #11)