Start by marking “Will of Fate (Dual Court Kiss #1)” as Want to Read:
Will of Fate (Dual Court Kiss #1)

Will of Fate

(Dual Court Kiss #1)

Twenty three year old Gwen Longe has her life all planned out. She’s overcome obstacles most people cannot even fathom, let alone conquer and find themselves successfully completing their first year of medical school. Home to visit her foster brother and best friends for the summer, Gwen is eager for what she views as a stress-free vacation from her wonderful, but hectic, ...more
Published July 25th 2015 by Samantha Britt

G.K. DeRosa
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review, and I am so happy that I did! I’ve never read a Fae story before but am a huge fan of the YA supernatural genre in general so when I read the intriguing blurb, I was immediately sucked in. Without giving too much away, the tale begins in the past giving us a peak of Gwen’s beginnings. Then we fast forward to present day where we meet a twenty something year old med student, Gwen, living a normal life. This of course all changes when ...more
Mark Laporta
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it
While the broad sweep of the underlying themes is a major part of any novel's success, both the deity and his or her nemesis hide in the details. The most intriguing premise still needs more than a fleshing out. It needs to be realized in an emotionally compelling way. As I see it, WILL OF FATE, Book 1 of Samantha Britt's series Dual Court Kiss, does have a strong premise, but misfires across the board in the writing itself.

The result is a chain-like sequence of charming tableau that reveal lit
Taylor
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fae
I came across this book on Amazon and bought it straight away, i was not disappointed!

I read this book over the space of a few hours, i could not put it down!!

One of the many things i loved about this book was that no matter what i expected, the complete opposite happened. I was always guessing which is fantastic! It's so refreshing to see a non predictable book in the paranormal genre!

The characters Gwen and Kalan were fantastic to read. Gwen is interesting, spunky, feisty, beautiful and humb
Saradia Chatterjee
Dual Court Kiss I is the first in the series Will of Fate. It’s a fantastic beginning. Following the story of Gwen, a twenty-three year old unexpectedly introduced to a magical world, the novel weaves a plot where romance, fantasy and common tragedy intermingle.
This book is recommended for fantasy fans. It is beautifully written. I was very happy to find that the characters here are not presented as belonging to particular types. They go through transformations and develop with the course of th
Beyond the Pages
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Will of Fate was simply outstanding! This book drew me in, kept me in, and dropped me off, in the best possible way. I could not put it down. I was utterly and completely spellbound. Wow! At the end of the day, when all is said and done, all I know is that I WANT MORE!!!

Rating: 4.5/5
Recommend: Yes

A complimentary copy of this title was made available to me by the author in exchange for an honest critique. I was neither expected to submit a positive response, nor was I compensated for my review re
 Mummy Cat Claire
If you love Fairies and love reading about Fae lands and kingdoms, then this book is for you.

Will of Fate first follows, Wendy, who has a child out of wedlock and outside her kingdom. Wendy seeks the comfort of a winter fae which is frowned upon since she is Summer fae. Most children born of such a relationship are destroyed or given a potion to hide their parentage.

The summer fae have blonde hair and green eyes. Their powers depict warmth and summer feelings. The winter fae have black hair and
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received the Book, Will of Fate: Dual Court Kiss 1, free through the Goodreads We ❤ YA Books! Group, courtesy of the author Samantha Britt, in exchange for an honest review.

I'm grateful to have had the chance to review Samantha Britt's debut novel, Will of Fate: Dual Court Kiss 1. I thoroughly enjoyed this entire story... And after the plot twist at the end, I wish had the next book, Work of Fate, to begin reading immediately. Thankfully, I only have a few weeks to wait until it's released. Fe
Florian Armas
Will of Fate comes with a young-adult fantasy romance world built around two Fae kingdoms. The plot is interesting, and leaves behind some mysteries that will be probable cleared in the next novels in the series, yet the narration tells too much, missing to make the readers feel as though they are there - seeing the sights and hearing the sounds and experiencing the events for themselves... Almost everything comes through evocative details and sensory impressions of the omniscient narrator, sett ...more
A.L. Wright
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I've read several court of the Fae books before, and this one has them all beat with an imaginative plot and good character building. The story built quickly and moved forward at a fun pace. The book elicits a couple of WHAT? type reactions that keep you reading to find out why and how!

There weren't too many characters to track at any given time. And the main character stayed true to her form. There were some grammatical and spelling errors that took me out of the moment a few times, but the st
T.L. McDonald
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Oh, my gosh, I loved this book so much and I absolutely cannot wait for the next installment. Will of Fate pulled me in right from the very beginning. The Characters were intriguing and well written and the story was absolutely superb, taking me on a rollercoaster ride full of twists and turns. There were times where I was giddy with happiness and times where suddenly the rug was pulled out from under my feet leaving me sprawled on m
Lenita Sheridan
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Will Keep You Guessing

After reading fantasy/romances about half-fae/half-humans, it is nice to read a new twist on this with a book about a fae who is two different kinds of fae.

The flashbacks in the book were dealt with well. The author also did a good job with the characters' thoughts, especially when they included a flashback.

One thing that could have been improved upon was sentence structure. Some sentences were hard to understand.

This is a gripping fantasy/romance. Looking forward to readin
Wendi Wilson
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The writing is impeccable, the story is intriguing and the characters are entertaining and likable. Samantha Britt brought the world of the Fae to life without overdosing on imagery. In the natural flow of the story, I could imagine myself in the Winter Court, seeing everything our heroine Gwen saw for the first time. Kalan made me swoon, as did Ian. The next book in the series can't come soon enough.
If you like stories of the Fae, please do yourself a favor and ch
Amanda Siegrist
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read!

This was a wonderfully told story of magic, love, loss, friendship, and heartbreak! The ending had me in a bit of shock, although part of me had an inkling (can't tell you what because that would ruin it for you). The story doesn't completely end, making you want to know how it will continue to develop. As much as I love a story to begin and end in one sitting, I still give this five stars because it was done very well. I look forward to seeing where the story goes next:)
M.J. Moon
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is wonderful fantasy romance novel which has a surprising twist. The author creates characters so well drawn it feels as though youve known them all your life.
The admirable protagonist Gwen has had to overcome some major obstacles in her life, despite this, she manages to study medicine. After a year a gorgeous stranger walks into her life and she learns about a magical past shed never dreamed about.
A gripping novel which will have you turning the pages. I highly recommend it.
Jessica
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5! Great book and for anyone who's not to familiar with the fae world or mystical world books it was a great introduction book. I loved Gwen, the people surrounding her, and the story line. I hope the second book brings a new aspect to what is going on with the love story (because I'm rooting for love!
Veronica
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down! Well written fantasy/love story with great plot twists and an undertone of mystery. I had never read a fae book before, but the author did a great job describing everything the reader needed to know.
Carmen
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given a Finished Copy of an Ebook by the author herself: I 'literally' Jaw Dropped!

Full Review: https://bookiemunchie.wordpress.com/2...
Staciamedusa
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It came up as a recommendation on my Kindle Page. I love reading stories that have anything to do with Fae. I've read some pretty terrible books on Fae, and I've read some really great ones. This is a really good one. I couldn't put it down. I'm pretty sure I stayed up most of the night trying to get this finished. I just really had to know what was going to happen to the characters.

I like that the Author started off by telling the story of Gwen's mother and how she
Shannon Heck
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Average

This book was interesting enough to keep me reading, but there were some problems. I am quite a sucker for a complicated romance so I enjoyed Gwen and Kalaan's star crossed lovers' storyline. However there were some parts of the story that were unrealistic. Ian pretending to be a child and be her foster brother didn't make sense. I also became very tired of hearing about how beautiful Gwen was. After she was described as a beauty for the 30th time I was rolling my eyes. I get it. Finally,
Helen
May 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Soul mates, or star-crossed lovers

Fated soul mate, fated to die, awakened Fae powers, all new concepts to Gwen who went from aspiring premed student to full-blooded Fae with no known relatives to too many. And someone wants her dead. Perhaps the same Fae who murdered her mother. A love so strong, one fated to be, that makes any separation agony, yet an impossibility to allow.
I loved the romance, the mystery of who her father is, the details that give the Fae gardens their beauty and strangeness
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it! I like how they introduced Gwen and her backstory and I liked her relationship with her love interest. From strangers, they built trust to become friends, and eventually lovers. I liked the world building and the supernatural elements. Never really read a book that centered around fae but I liked how the fae in this book weren't "girly" or "whimsical"-- the stereotypical image they get. The plot twists were good and for the most part, I liked Gwen's character and Kalan as her love in ...more
Nicole Bates
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly entertaining

The book started off questionable. Felt like a straight story, but I continued reading. The beginning of the book actually took place 23 years prior to the current day story. The story line revolves around 2 different types of fae and prophecies that guide their actions. Gwen didnt know she was far until the Prince of Winter Court met her in the human realm. The story entertains the guess of her parentage and their romance. Great book!
Lisa Eiff
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. Gwen is a med student that discovers she is half fae...which leads to a wide array of unexpected situations. We start out in the human realm, and end with situations still a bit up in the air, leaving the reader ready and waiting for continuing on to book 2. The characters were interesting in this book, and easy to relate to. I would recommend this book to fans of fae novels in the YA appropriate genre.
Kasey
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alyrica
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyable

While this book was slow in the beginning, it was very enjoyable by the end. I think part of the slow start for me was the difficulty in connecting with the characters. This is usually an issue for me when 3rd person POV is used. Also, I had predicted most of the conflict. Despite those issues, I would recommend this book.
Lisa
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If I had been awake, I would never have continued to the end of this book. Inane conversations, plot twists telegraphed pages in advance. A beautiful world was created, but the people fell flat there.
Nichole
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Well written good paced book with characters who are likeable but realistic. A few twists and turns that were unseen and greatly appreciated
Crystalvuletichotmail.com
Nice twist on the regular fae books.
P Leslie
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

Wow this was an amazing book and it completely blew me away. I was enchanted by the Fae world Samantha created and the characters didn't disappoint. This book exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable.

Kalan Gwen Eilian

Eilian loved Wendy therefore, it's no surprise that when she found herself in trouble, he helped and supported her. Her death completely broke him, he never told her that he was in love with her but he found solace
Gabe
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this book is definitely in a genre that I have never read before. The "Fae realm" is a phrase is something I never really imagined myself saying or reading about.

My favorite part about this book is the voice. Even before I started reading this book I really enjoyed the dedication page. It was an extremely sweet way to start off a book. The book flowed really well and felt almost like a conversation. The pace of the book kept me intrigued. I really enjoyed some of the smaller references to th

• Euphoria (Duality, #2)
  • Fearless (Bird of Stone, #2)
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • Within a Dream
  • Tegan's Power (The Ultimate Power, #4)
  • City of Eternal Night (Crescent City, #2)
  • After the Fall (Broken Angel, #2)
  • Shattered Rhythm  (Meltdown #3)
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • Oblivion (Lux, #1.5, 2.5, 3.5)
  • Heavy Secrets (Bowen Boys, #3.5)
  • Bite the Bullet (Bitten, #5)
  • The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2)
  • Dead or Alive
  • Daniel & Luce: The Perfect Date (Fallen Shorts, Free Chapter)
  • The Fall
  • Muse
  • Unscathed
Lifelong reader turned author, Samantha Britt enjoys reading and writing young adult and new adult fantasy and paranormal romance.

Her latest series, Immortal Chronicles, will be released Summer 2017.

Dual Court Kiss (3 books)
  • Work of Fate (Dual Court Kiss, #2)
  • Waiting for Fate (Dual Court Kiss, #2.5)