Start by marking “Love Muffin And Chai Latte (The Monsoon #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Muffin And Chai Latte (The Monsoon #1)

Love Muffin And Chai Latte

(The Monsoon Series #1)

Clear your calendar, turn on your voicemail, and get cozy on the sofa as Anya Wylde has decided to dip her toes into the world of contemporary romance …

Love Muffin and Chai Latte follows the journey of Tabitha Lee Timmons as she deals with financial stress, loony relatives, some crooks, an unhappy bride-to -be, a grumpy old man, and two heartbreakingly handsome men.
Published July 25th 2015 (first published July 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Love Muffin And Chai Latte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Muffin And Chai Latte

Shabana Mukhtar
Love Muffin and Chai Latte

Background:
It is a story of Tabitha Lee Simmons, who is going through some tough times. Jobless and freshly homeless, a dominating-yet-stupid fiancée Chris, a bestie who stands by her all the time, and a crooked family and past.
She travels to attend her would-be-sister-in-law - Maya's wedding.
Review:
There is a reason I am overly critical of this book - I'm Indian. Although the book is portraying all good things about India, I am just not impressed with the narrativ
Komal
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After reading the title and blurb, I impulsively bought it from Amazon and read it over the weekend. I was expecting a well-written romantic comedy as mentioned by other reviewers. But I was rather disappointed by the repeatitive 'poo' jokes and poorly constructed cheap comedy which was bizarre to say the least.

The story started like a usual chick-lit but unfolded in chapters as if various scenes/situations were lifted straight from a B-grade Bollywood movie, cliched and stereotypical. As the h
Adiba Jaigirdar
Mar 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
I got to chapter three of this book before I had to stop because I knew that trudging through the next 300 or so pages just wasn't worth it.
The problems with this book were noticeable from the very get-go - everything feels incredibly flat. The dialogue is not realistic. The writer doesn't even use contractions or colloquialisms. Not in the general prose. But definitely not in the dialogue. That is not how people talk!
I honestly just could not look past this. It made the entire story flat. The
Sophia
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I get a book by this author, I prepare to laugh. And wouldn't you know it, the giggling commenced before I was off the first page. Her humor is the madcap style with an under layer of wit. This was her first contemporary and I confess that I enjoyed it more than her historicals. Maybe it was the background of West Meets East or the endearing persona of the heroine on her adventures of love and life with her favored Chai Latte in hand or maybe it was a bit of both and more. I began with an a ...more
Lorna
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com, unique
4.5/5 Stars (PureTextuality.com)First things first. Most of this book takes place in India. That’s for people that think this is the normal contemporary romance read. Thanks to Sophia at Delighted Reader blog for the recommendation, because to be honest the cover and title were not conducive to me buying or reading this book. And I am really glad I did!

Tabitha is an American living in England and dating a rich Indian guy named Chris. When he proposes out of the blue-admittedly after a year of da
Sharon Kennedy
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in return for an honest review.

I have read all of Anya Wilde's previous books, all of which have been set in Regency England. This is a contemporary romance, but her characters are still just as quirky and charming in modern times!

We first meet Tabby, an American living in England, curled up on a purple sofa, in the street, where her boyfriend of a year proposes to her. She accepts him, as she is fond of him, and the rest of the novel races away as Tabby learn
Susan
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love Muffin And Chai Latte

I absolutely adored this book! I couldn't put it down. I sneaked it (my phone) into my lap drawer at work and read bits when I could. I can't wait for the next one. The people were wonderful and I fell in love with them all. It was fun learning some of Indian culture and the various personalities. It was heartbreaking reading of the children and hoping there are really those who make the world better for them. ☺
Amber Brooke
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this books and the fun cultural aspects it provided. The book begins in England but the majority of the story is set in India. Tabby is a lovable character who is easy to relate to, and I fell in love with Maya and the rest of Chris's family. Dev also brings some dark intrigue into the romance of it all.
Deb
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
Unrealized potential here - plot good, execution bad.
Joan
More farce than fun. 'Poo' jokes leave me cold. Not rating.
Tracy
Jul 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4000-books
This was a fun little book spanning from America to India. Tabby was an eccentric girl caught up in her boyfriend's lust for money he could inherit from his grandfather if he married someone. Things were messy but they all worked out in the end.
Katharine.
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Dnf
Jayashree R
Super story.. i really liked it a lot. though i took almost a year and a half to start on the copy and finish it...
Tulika Singh
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the tale of Tabitha (Tabby) who flees to England when her sister marries her (Tabby’s) fiancé. There, she meets Chris. Within a year of dating each other Chris proposes to her. She’s taken completely by surprise but agrees to marry him because, well because she’s been thrown out by her landlord, is jobless and of course because she quite likes Chris and he convinces her it wasn’t a ‘pity proposal’ at all, he was going to ask her anyway. Tabby is aware Chris is Indian but doesn’t know exa ...more
Kathy Davie
Apr 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure, funny, romance
First in The Monsoon funny contemporary romance series and revolving around India and its culture. The focus is on Tabitha Timmons, Chris, and Dev.

My Take
It's silly, funny, and a dive into Indian culture. It's also a tale, or perhaps I should say, a lesson in love. Deserving it. Finding it. Recognizing it. All told from Tabby's perspective in third person simple subjective point-of-view.

A secondary conflict is the estrangement between Daaji and his oldest son...and a grandson's anger toward his
Esmy
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[3.75 Actual Rating]

I enjoyed this so much more than I expected. The story was a bit over-dramatic and not very realistic, but it was charming and adorable. The character development was great and I really enjoyed the writing. I literally laughed out loud at some parts and I finished the book with a smile on my face :)
Teresa
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
Sandra Holladay
I have read a lot of Ms. Wylde’s books and loved everyone of them. Initially, I couldn’t understand what happened with this book; the writing was choppy, more suited for grade school than adults.

As far as the plot went, once Maya stated she had to marry by a certain time to obtain a huge ‘payoff’ from her grandfather, Tabby should have realized that Chris had the same issue, which is why when she asked him if he loved her he responded, “I guess.” I found Tabby’s attitude towards Chris deplorabl
Ayesha Singh
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
4.75 HILARIOUS STARS!!

HOLY WOW! This book!! I don't even remember when was the last time I laughed so hard, so many times while reading a book!!!

Every chapter was unique! I know I dragged this book too long! Maybe I didn't want the story to end? Lol.

The best part is that I FORGOT TO TAKE NOTE AND MARK THE EXCERPTS WHICH I LOVED because I was so engrossed in the book!! When the book ended, I was like.... Woah! I didn't mark anything! Maybe I'll have to re-read it?!

Well, no qualms there!!

I have to
Pontiki
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As romantic comedies go, I find it generally hard to make a book as funny as a movie. Funny books are usually better outside this genre. This book is no different, with some funny parts, but not laugh out loud, kind of slapstick.

Having said that, it's a surprisingly well written story about a family travelling to India for wedding fun.

Tabby doesn't love Chris, but agrees to marry him because he's nice and stable, rich and handsome. They get engaged and go to India for the patriarchal grandfath
Bethany Swafford
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tabitha Timmons has lost her job and her home in one day. She gains a fiance, though and is thrust into an entire culture and family in an instant. From Britain to India, Tabitha must come to know herself and take a chance on real love.

I've enjoyed a couple of other books by this author, so I was eager to try her contemporary romance. And it was...enjoyable. Not an instant favorite (there was a bit too many poo jokes and drunkenness on the part of tabby) but it was not a terrible way to spend a
Tonileg
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, romance
Contemporary romance set in India for the most part with an American girl dealing with integrating into rich Indian society.
Tabby is silly as most Anya Wylde's heroines tend to be. Tabby doesn't know herself well because she is constantly doing things instead of reflecting on her decisions and actions. I really didn't like her much in the beginning of the story but she kind of grew on me as she discovered Indian society as it treats its weddings. There is a crazy family to go with this crazy wed
Sunita
I was in desperate need of a light read, and I happened to come across this one on kindle unltd and it had a good rating too.But it is not AS good, and Im giving it a three because I read it at the right time, when I wanted a book where I could just freeze my brain and not think too much..

The story is mostly set in India, the protagonist Tabby having come to India to get the okay for marriage from her fiancé Chris's Dadaji. Theirs a big patriarchal Punjabi family of umpteen aunts, uncles and cou
Annette Aguilar
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hilarious, awesome book! Loved, loved it! Laughed so hard, I nearly p—! Everyone wanted to know what was so funny! I give it at least 15 stars! Best book I have read in a long time! Such wonderful quirky characters! Full of surprises, drama, and crazy and chaotic twists and turns! His family is wonderful, especially the crazy aunts, the adventure and misadventures of their wacky engagements, are so chaos and mayhem that you will roll with laughter. The characters are so real that you fall in l ...more
Lauren
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fantastic read! Seriously warm and fuzzy feeling. I picked up the book when it was free on amazon because the title was just too cute. I was expecting a book about food but was completely mistaken. The story is about a young woman who is having a rough time and agrees to marry her boyfriend, without really loving him. They go to India to meet his family and the story just takes off. I loved all of his family, but not him. Hopefully the author does a follow up book since the story ...more
Chaitali
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cracker of a movie

Another gem of a book from the author. It is as good as her Regency romance. What I liked best is that, India is presented just as it is. It has begged no doubt but it also have rich people buying Ruby jewelry like they are potatoes. We have fake babaji s and genuinely warm hearted family members. The extended family shown is exactly what I grew up in. Can't wait to read her next book.
Anandhi
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely Romantic comedy

I picked up this mainly for comedy in Romance and I am sure I found a lot of humour in. no nonsense humour but perfectly placed worded and timed humour. Also loved the foreigner's perspective of the extremely cultural vibrant emotional and colourful India despite all the nuisances it carries. the author has subtly put all the good and bad part of India world without letting go away the romance. An awesome read In this genre of romantic comedy.
Kelsie Stelting
I thought the writer wrote well, but I almost put the book down because Chris seemed abusive and controlling and Tabby was so spineless that she was letting him do so. The book got good about halfway in, and of course the end was cheesy and unrealistic, but I'm still sorta happy about it. There were some grammar issues, particularly with quotation marks and em dashes, so that could be improved. Keep writing!
Lady
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book on a whim, specially because of its name and without knowing much about the story or the author. And I’m sorry to say that I am disappointed. The characters are annoying, the whole Indian wedding sounded very much a foreigner view of the costumes and the the love triangle was boring. I had to push through to finish, and only got amused at some small parts of the book. Definitely was not my type of thing.
BOOK REVIEW OF IN...: Free copy of Love Muffin and Chai Latte 2 9 Sep 30, 2016 06:58AM
  • Chloe's Rescue Mission
  • An Eclair To Remember
  • The Curvy Girls Baby Club
  • Adapted for Film
  • Breaking Sandcastles
  • She Sins at Midnight
  • The Great Allotment Proposal (Cherry Pie Island, #3)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Carol
  • Wreathed
  • Truly, Madly, Deeply (Trueblood Texas)
  • Tommy's Blind Date
  • Wild Chicory
  • Mothers and Daughters
  • A Thankful Heart (Love at the Chocolate Shop #2)
  • Afraid of Her Shadow (Rom-Com on the Edge #3)
  • The Wife Who Ran Away
  • The Seven Steps to Closure
  • Ladies Who Launch
Anya Wylde lives in Ireland along with her husband and a fat French poodle (now on a diet). She can cook a mean curry, and her idea of exercise is occasionally stretching her toes. She holds a degree in English literature and adores reading and writing.

The Monsoon Series (2 books)
  • Goodness Gracious Gracie (The Monsoon, #2)
“Her sister had always teased her saying that people who drank tea were boring, but the ones who drank coffee were cool.” 0 likes
“Your engagement ring, dummy.” "He had jammed it in the middle of the muffin, and I ate it." Tabby shook the glass in front of the screen making the purple contents slosh around. "Which is why I’m drinking prune juice." Becky’s hand froze, her mouth dropped open, and she slowly rotated her blonde head where the comb lay forgotten in the middle of her curls. She passed the test of friendship when she did not laugh. “If that is how you got engaged, I wonder what your wedding will be like.” Tabby” 0 likes