Start by marking “Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)

Somewhere Between Love and Justice

(Sarah Sawyer #1)

Sarah Sawyer has spent the last ten years reliving a nightmare. Stripped of her innocence at the tender age of thirteen, she's grown into a woman with nothing to lose and one thing on her mind. Justice. With her horse, her guns and a plan, the gunslinger takes to the trails of the old west in search of those who wronged her family. A trusted friend shares the quest for jus ...more
Paperback, 1, 364 pages
Published July 28th 2015 by S.W. Andersen

Start your review of Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)
AnnMaree Of Oz
Sep 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wordy but very beautifully well written old timey wild western novel about extreme loss, vengeance, and most importantly: love.

Sarah Sawyer is a damaged individual of 23, she witnessed her parents grisly murder at 13 and was kept as a slave for a few years after, until she could escape. As an adult, she vows revenge against the gang that killed her parents, and kept her a victim. She never wants to feel that way again.

She has a sometimes dalliance with a female Marshall called Jessie who und
MaxDisaster
4 stars
This was a fun, well written western with likeable MCs and a reasonably believable story. It wasn't the most historically accurate thing, but it was entertaining
Netgyrl (Laura)
DNF @ 8% - didn't get very far before I realized this wasn't a book for me. I was not enjoying the writing and too many things were not adding up for me. If the premise sounds interesting to you, please do check it out. I can be overly picky at times so it might suit you just fine. ...more
Linda ~ they got the mustard out! ~
DNF @ 9%

I really didn't click with the writing style at all, and the MC talks like a cowgirl from a bad spaghetti Western.
Jyoti Kataria
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book takes you on this western journey filled with horses, cowgirl boots, gunslinging Stetson wearing beautiful hardcore cowgirls of the west. I loved how Sarah is portrayed as perfection personified yet you see cracks and flaws that make her human. Her passion and her willingness to risk her heart for Jo makes you have faith in love. May we all find a lover like Jo and someone worth loving like Sarah in our lives. Absolutely a riveting read. UNPUTDOWNABLE.
Val
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is good read from SW Andersen. I think it's very well written, especially for a debut novel. Sweet romance with a fair amount of action. ...more
Carol Hutchinson
Aug 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Quite the adventure!

Sarah is out for justice after suffering traumatic events as a child. She travels searching for those that have wronged her and hurt her with a friend. On her travels, Sarah finds herself back in old territory and reunites with Jo. Jo has been desperately hoping Sarah would come back after she stole her heart, but as the two of them fall in love there is more to come between them. When the secrets and pasts are revealed, Sarah has to make choices between love and getting the
DR
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to forego the problems with grammatical editing. It's not important to me. Let me convey that Miss Andersen has written a compelling story from the points of view of the main characters: Sarah, Jo, and Jessie; all strong independent women who've continued living in a world and time that believe women are property and helpless.
The scenic descriptions carried me to western locations I enjoyed moving through with her word use. The emotions of the characters were shown and not told; a feat
Jude
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

As this is the first book by this author, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The story was wonderful, full of twists and unexpected turns. The characters were strong, determined women who made you root for them. Their journeys were never easy but, then, when is real life ever easy? Wonderful job! I look forward to reading more of this authors work!
Sold me on westerns! ;)

S. W. Andersen is one of my favorite authors. This debut book is worth the read even if you're not into westerns. I loved this one! I also love a good and well written f/f love story. Plus, it's packed with adventure, suspense, and vengeance. This is definitely a must read.
Houstontrails
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great thrilling and loving adventure!

I enjoy books depicting women in western adventures. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat. Once you start reading it is hard to put it down because you want to know what is going to happen next.
Would highly recommend this book and looking forward to reading the sequel.
Ivy Whitaker
Jun 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Somewhere Between Love and Justice by S.W. Andersen is the first installment of the Sarah Sawyer series. And, subsequently, my first western romance. Color me excited that my first is also a queer romance!

I was excited to dig into this book. The blurb painted a picture of a heroine searching vengeance, only be tripped up by a burgeoning romance. Sarah Sawyer’s family was brutally murdered ten years ago, and she’s dedicated every waking moment to avenging their deaths. When she reunites with Jo,
Aleigh
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay - so yes there were a bunch of typo/grammatical issues peppered throughout the book. And sure, it could have been fewer pages if the same sentiment was repeated 467 different ways. But, beyond those minor things, the heart of the story was a good one.

I wasn't sure what to expect about a western spin - but I was pleased. You have to suspend reality on what would "actually" happen during the "wild wild west" time period. But, isn't that why we read cheesy HEA lesfic.....to suspend reality an
Keisha Ming
It didn't wow me

The plot is solid it keeps you rooting for Sarah and hoping she gets justice but the Author constantly repeats what we've already learned and it became drawn out. I loved Jo and I loved how she made a better life for herself I also loved how one decision created a ripple effect amongst their chosen family which is why I can't understand Sarah's anger for Jo after finding out her troubles as well.

The story is good with solid potential but it needs editing and it's a bit of a turn
Jayme Smith
Decent read

You know how there are more bad lesbian movies than good? Fortunately, there are quite a few books that are worth the time.

This is a steady read. I struggled with the past tense, first person narrative. The characters “inner voice” were all written the same. I still liked it and plan on reading the sequel.

This is not as good as Jae’s Oregon series.
Denise Mason
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

Found out about this book from Les Fic email. Was easily sucked into the story from paragraph 1. The book carries romance, action, and a much deeper message. Will read more by this author!!
Joyce Moore
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3 J’s

Sarah had a serious mission guiding her. Jo, you go girl. This is the first time reading this Author, but it won’t be my last. I’m now her Number One Fan. Off to my next Adventure.
Phyllis Mann
Jul 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

I loved this book. The more you read the more it pulled you in. I could hardly put it down because I had to find out how it turned out. I was sad there towards the end but it turned out to be a wonderful end. Can't wait to read the next book.
Steve Going
Disappointing

I had all the "twist" figured out in the first third of the book. When Jo told Sarah about sister dying and her leaving when her sister died I knew Jo was an O'Shea.
Ceillie Simkiss
DNF because I just don't care about any of this 30% in. ...more
Margaret L. Hedman
Great.

I really enjoyed Somewhere Between Love and Justice. Such a moving story to come from such a horrible set of incidents.
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this damn story!!

Okay. Made me laugh. Made me cry. Made me so dang happy to read this story. Please keep writing. Loved it!!!!
Rachel
Jul 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! So exciting! Excellent read full of adventure.
Celenia S
Oct 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Good Western with a good plot twist

Seeking Revenge
Erika
I'll give this a 3.5. Both dark and sweet with lovable characters. No big surprises in the story and some parts were a bit slow, but overall a charming read. ...more
Cyndi
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
Loved this book. The characters are so diverse yet so connected by love
I will read this series again!
Anna Van
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Westerns

This was a book that I could get my teeth into.
I really do love westerns and was not disappointed.
The story was believable and could understand the need for vengeance.
You will not be disappointed in buying this novel.
Cheryl
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: western
What can I say,
If you have this book marked as ‘to-read’ I would tell you don’t delay, read it today!

If you don’t have it marked to-read, why not?
Chapter after chapter filled with action, love, sex, revenge, drama, romance, gun-toting pistol-shooting horse-riding strong female characters, and did I say sex?!

It is a wonderful read with plot twists you won’t see coming and I recommend it whole-heartedly. I loved it so much, I also bought the hardcover book to add to my collection.

In her first v
Char Dafoe
A pretty damn good book!

Set in the old west with female outlaws, female Sheriff's, and female bar owners. Hell Yeah! Not only did this story deliver on female badasses, it delivered on action (inside and outside the bedroom) I highly recommend.

*Note: I have read the sequel now, and it just gets better and better*
Angie Bennett
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to a true review if I received this free. I loved this story. Kept me interested the whole time which is hard to do. If I loose interest at any point I usually stop and start anther book. So I would read again.

• The Devil that Broke Us (Devil, #3)
  • Meeting over Murder: Lessons in Murder, Book 1
  • The Devil Between Us (Devil, #1)
  • Go Around
  • The Devil Behind Us (Devil, #2)
  • Choosing Her
  • Controlled Burn (CalFire Book 1)
  • One Simple Refrain
  • Everybody Needs a Hero
  • Coast Guard Rescue One
  • Indigo: Blues (Indigo B&B #1)
  • Sour Grapes
  • Down to a Science (I Heart Sapphfic Pride Collection, #1)
  • Opposite Tracks (The Six Pack Book 3)
  • Broken Beyond Repair
  • Perks of Office
  • How to Talk to Nice English Girls
  • Must Love Silence
S.W.'s latest, "A Call To Justice," is the third book in the Sarah Sawyer gunslinger series.

From old west gunslingers to a love that transcends time and space, S.W. Andersen offers a variety of romantic adventures, including the best selling lesbian romances, "Love By Design," and "Switchback."

Having been raised by her mother, a strong female character in her own right, she has always been attract

Sarah Sawyer (3 books)
  • The Price of Payback (Sarah Sawyer, #2)
  • A Call To Justice (The Journey of Sarah Sawyer Book 3)