Start by marking “Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)” as Want to Read:
Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)

Somewhere Between Love and Justice

(Sarah Sawyer #1)

Sarah Sawyer has spent the last ten years reliving a nightmare. Stripped of her innocence at the tender age of thirteen, she's grown into a woman with nothing to lose and one thing on her mind. Justice. With her horse, her guns and a plan, the gunslinger takes to the trails of the old west in search of those who wronged her family. A trusted friend shares the quest for jus ...more
Paperback, 1, 364 pages
Published July 28th 2015 by S.W. Andersen

Start your review of Somewhere Between Love and Justice (Sarah Sawyer, #1)
Val
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is good read from SW Andersen. I think it's very well written, especially for a debut novel. Sweet romance with a fair amount of action.
Jyoti Kataria
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book takes you on this western journey filled with horses, cowgirl boots, gunslinging Stetson wearing beautiful hardcore cowgirls of the west. I loved how Sarah is portrayed as perfection personified yet you see cracks and flaws that make her human. Her passion and her willingness to risk her heart for Jo makes you have faith in love. May we all find a lover like Jo and someone worth loving like Sarah in our lives. Absolutely a riveting read. UNPUTDOWNABLE.
Sold me on westerns! ;)

S. W. Andersen is one of my favorite authors. This debut book is worth the read even if you're not into westerns. I loved this one! I also love a good and well written f/f love story. Plus, it's packed with adventure, suspense, and vengeance. This is definitely a must read.
DR
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to forego the problems with grammatical editing. It's not important to me. Let me convey that Miss Andersen has written a compelling story from the points of view of the main characters: Sarah, Jo, and Jessie; all strong independent women who've continued living in a world and time that believe women are property and helpless.
The scenic descriptions carried me to western locations I enjoyed moving through with her word use. The emotions of the characters were shown and not told;
Jude
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

As this is the first book by this author, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. The story was wonderful, full of twists and unexpected turns. The characters were strong, determined women who made you root for them. Their journeys were never easy but, then, when is real life ever easy? Wonderful job! I look forward to reading more of this authors work!
Jayme Smith
Decent read

You know how there are more bad lesbian movies than good? Fortunately, there are quite a few books that are worth the time.

This is a steady read. I struggled with the past tense, first person narrative. The characters “inner voice” were all written the same. I still liked it and plan on reading the sequel.

This is not as good as Jae’s Oregon series.
Houstontrails
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great thrilling and loving adventure!

I enjoy books depicting women in western adventures. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat. Once you start reading it is hard to put it down because you want to know what is going to happen next.
Would highly recommend this book and looking forward to reading the sequel.
Steve Going
Disappointing

I had all the "twist" figured out in the first third of the book. When Jo told Sarah about sister dying and her leaving when her sister died I knew Jo was an O'Shea.
Ceillie Simkiss
DNF because I just don't care about any of this 30% in.
Cyndi
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
Loved this book. The characters are so diverse yet so connected by love
I will read this series again!
Cheryl
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: western
What can I say,
If you have this book marked as ‘to-read’ I would tell you don’t delay, read it today!

If you don’t have it marked to-read, why not?
Chapter after chapter filled with action, love, sex, revenge, drama, romance, gun-toting pistol-shooting horse-riding strong female characters, and did I say sex?!

It is a wonderful read with plot twists you won’t see coming and I recommend it whole-heartedly. I loved it so much, I also bought the hardcover book to add to my collection.
K M
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A wonderful fast paced ride that send us through a journey of revenge and redemption, love and hate, honesty and betrayel and much much more. A fantastic debut novel from this new author. Highly recommended and look forward to her next book.
Heather Henkel
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great western story

This was a great set back in the ole west. I enjoyed reading about how the group of friends came together and overcame a lot to succeed. Jo and Sarah were an interesting couple.
Teryn
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, romance, queer, series, tweeps
I have zero--and I mean ZERO--interest in westerns or anything westerns-related, but I loved this book. The characters came to life for me, and I could not put this book down. Don't let the western-ness deter you; this is a great lesfic read.
Angie Bennett
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I agreed to a true review if I received this free. I loved this story. Kept me interested the whole time which is hard to do. If I loose interest at any point I usually stop and start anther book. So I would read again.
Cori Garrison
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
S.W. did a fantastic job on her first book! It held my attention the entire time, and the character development was great! Looking forward to what's next.
Patti B
Feb 28, 2016
Cassie Chretien
Sep 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Outlaw: A Lesbian Retelling of Robyn Hood (The Robyn Hood Adventures Book 1)
  • The Devil Between Us (Devil, #1)
  • Hart & Stocker
  • Cinders
  • Wildrose
  • Fireflies
  • The Wolf's Consort
  • When Angels Fall (WeHo, #1)
  • Coast Guard Rescue One
  • Living
  • Aurora's Angel: A dark fantasy romance
  • Mirror (Four Point Trilogy, #3)
  • Open Tab (Whiskey Springs, #1)
  • Northern Lights (Compass, #1)
  • Above All, Honor (Honor, #1)
  • Good Spin
  • Cigar Club (Whiskey Springs, #2)
  • Darkness Falls (The Darkness Trilogy #1)
S.W. Andersen has six novels under her belt.

S.W.'s latest romance, "The Love Doctor," explores love after loss as well as personal and professional boundaries.

"This Time" is her first paranormal romance involving past lives reunited.

Her debut novel, "Somewhere Between Love and Justice," received such rave reviews as "A Riveting Read" and "UNPUTDOWNABLE."

Sarah Sawyer (2 books)
  • The Price of Payback (Sarah Sawyer, #2)