Start by marking “Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat” as Want to Read:
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat

Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat

Maybe she’s on a photo shoot in Zanzibar. Maybe she’s making people laugh on TV. But all Chrissy Teigen really wants to do is talk about dinner. Or breakfast. Lunch gets some love, too.
For years, she’s been collecting, cooking, and Instagramming her favorite recipes, and here they are: from breakfast all day to John’s famous fried chicken with spicy honey butter to her mom
Published February 23rd 2016 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Cravings, please sign up.
Kate All cookbooks in general are one of two things: just food, or food + author. What else would you want them to have? A nice scenic countryside view tha…moreAll cookbooks in general are one of two things: just food, or food + author. What else would you want them to have? A nice scenic countryside view that is of no relation to the contents?(less)

Start your review of Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I love Chrissy Teigen. I’m telling you..I have an obsession with her. She is so freaking hilarious, cooks incredible food, speaks her mind no matter what, and is one gorgeous chick (not that this part matters in the slightest..honestly). I admire her. I think my boyfriend gets sick of me talking about her or saying “omg..guess what Teigs just said!” Yes..I have my own personal nickname for her, and she has no clue who I am. Yet in my mind I think we are best friends. I am an avi ...more
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Chrissy Teigen might be a hot mess. On publishing this cookbook she accidentally put her cell phone number in it and didn't realize it until hundreds of calls later. She seems to know how to laugh things off and she is extremely likeable in this cookbook. I wasn't a hundred percent sure who she was until I got this book but I'm on the liking her side of the fence. Shut up haters.

She takes her love of cooking and eating and even though she is hawt still manages to be someone you want to hang out
Megan Johnson
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
It's been a while since I've seen a cookbook that's as beautiful as 'Cravings.' In fact, even if the recipes were total crap, I'd still enjoy this simply for the fact that it's such a beautiful book just to look at.

I wouldn't just have been attracted to this book because it was written by a celebrity. Usually, that's good enough reasoning for me NOT to check out something. But after hearing such good things about Cravings, I decided to give it a shot - and I'm truly happy that I did. Whether it
Nicole
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
86 Recipes Completed: List Below w/Ratings

Wow, what an incredible year of recipes! My personal goal for 2017 was to cook 50%-80% of each section in Chrissy Teigen's FIRST cookbook. I say first because I am absolutely sure she will come out with a second (and third, etc.) Her passion for her recipes is evident on every single page. Laugh-out-loud funny, Chrissy can make you want to try even the most questionable recipes (hot cucumber soup anybody??).

I hope you have fun exploring the recipes in th
I checked out this cookbook after seeing one of its appetizing recipes on Pinterest. I'm not that familiar with Chrissy Teigen, but based on this cookbook, she's crazy photogenic and knows how to cook. I was immediately drawn to about 16 of the 94 beautifully photographed recipes, which I realize is a pretty low percentage, but their quality created a sense of urgency that got me in the kitchen the following day and of course I can't dismiss the amazing flavors that ensued.

My first recreation:
Kelsie
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I drooled and laughed the whole time!

Every recipe sounds delicious and easy to execute. But what really made me love this book is how hilarious the recipe descriptions are! Chrissy Teigen understands the struggle of needing that bikini bod but totally needing some cheesy, carby, goodness! Preach girl
Taylor Reid
Chrissy Teigen is my dream woman. Also, the recipe for coconut rice is so good I thought I passed out.
Rose
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
chrissy teigen, i love you.

i've seriously been a fan of hers since i saw her on a special on the cooking channel, like centuries ago. i was so surprised when she brought out john legend, because they are polar opposites?! but ugh, they're adorable... *off topic* but anyway, HER COOKING. Definitely not for anyone looking for healthy eats, but trust me.. all of it was fucking delicious.

i'm not the biggest fan of cooking, but i do love eating soooo of course i had to make some of these recipes. a
Emily Paster
May 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
I checked this out of the library, as I often do with cookbooks, to see if it was worth purchasing. I admit, I'm skeptical of celebrity cookbooks but had heard that this one had genuinely good recipes. Well, perhaps it does. Not that I wanted to make any of them. I was so put off by Teigen's expletive-laden, idiotic headnotes and the constant attempts to be just hilariously funny, that I didn't even bother to attempt the recipes. I returned it.
meghann
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to meghann by: Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I finished this about a week ago, but I wanted to try some of the recipes before writing up my review. I love Chrissy Teigen. The girl is my spirit animal. In fact, I was watching Lip Sync Battle while making the second recipe from this book. I'm that awesome.

The humor in this cookbook was an unexpected delight. You feel like you're sitting in Chrissy's kitchen while she cooks. There is cussing, so it's a bit awkward when your grandmother asks you for one of the recipes. Unless your grandma's co
Laura Harrison
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is not your typical celebrity cookbook. It is really good! Teigen is creative, funny and you can really tell she loves food and her recipes. I would be surprised if she didn't write another cookbook in the future. This is truly her thing.
Yoda
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chrissy is so fucking funny in her descriptions.

Coleen (The Book Ramblings)
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, food-and-drink
Chrissy Teigen has cooked up a No. 1 Best Seller with Cravings: Recipes for What You Want to Eat. Some people may know Chrissy as a model, the co-host of Lip Sync Battle, or even being a part of FABLife, but one thing is for sure, everyone knows her love for food and cooking is endless! Her blog, So Delushious, is where she started sharing recipes, her rambles, and adventures in the kitchen. Now, through 240 pages, and over 100 recipes, you’ll discover a range from go-to breakfast dishes, savory ...more
Natalie
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Front to back, every word, every recipe. I have been trying and loving the recipes that she has shared on her blog for many moons and months, and have waited hard and long for this cookbook. MARRY ME, CHRISSY.
Shari Henry
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I checked this book out thanks to a recommendation from someone I know and love, and someone whose cooking recommendations I trust completely. Otherwise, I was a bit skeptical about a super model's knowing enough about cooking to have a lot to offer. Besides, really, on top of being beautiful and rich and married to a world famous musician, was it even fair that this woman knows a thing or two about cooking as well?

Chrissy Teigen puts a fresh new spin on so many recipes, offers some I've never s
Jamie Canaves
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-a-laugh, cookbook, fun
The recipes I've made so far like the lemony arugula spaghetti cacio e pepe are delicious! The images are beautiful and what I was not expecting was this book is 100% Teigen--meaning it's hilarious! From drunk stories that end in her needing fake bangs for 2 weeks to a mac & cheese war with her husband this is the first cookbook I actually read cover to cover.

Also, I am 100% here for a Teigen memoir or book of essays.
Elyse
I've never thought to or wanted to count a cookbook as a book read on GR but I am literally read every single page in this amazing cookbook. Well worth the actual read. Chrissy comes through on every page! I took my time and read through each recipe. Her little paragraphs at the beginning of each recipe are just classic Teigen. lol.

Last night I made Perfect Seared Scallops with Warm Corn Salad and Sour Cream and Broccoli Potato Cakes. It all took a bit longer than I had anticipated and the broc
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I picked this up because it's super popular. Teigen is likeable and the book is very fun (it's also beautifully shot). The book includes recipes for craveable foods, pretty much covering all meals but desert. The recipes are sound, and she includes prep and cooking times for each, as well as some variations where applicable.

A lot of these weren't that revolutionary for me. I've got an awesome mac & cheese recipe; while her wings are good, so are mine - and my family is used to those. Oddly, I fo
Jessica
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking, nonfiction
Amazingly delicious. If you need to tell someone bad news, make them dinner from this book first. Maybe the awesomeness of their meal will distract them.

I made the Creamy Potato Salad with Bacon and the Chipotle-Honey Chicken with Mango-Avocado Salsa. I can't wait for leftovers. The ingredients were easy to find and the instructions were spot on. I did reduce the chipotle peppers and the garlic by half, but that was because we're kind of wimpy with the hot stuff.

There were a lot of dishes to be
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
When I went shopping for books back home a few months ago, I have to admit that I was wishing I would find Chrissy Teigen's cookbook, and I did! It was such a happy moment! The book is attractive and sexy just like her!

Chrissy shares her love for food, her family and origins in every page, the photos are breathtaking and seem so much fun. I want to be her best friend!

I flagged a few recipes to make in the next two weeks. I'm so excited about the prospect of tasting something entirely new!

Shantel
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so now that I've actually tried a few recipes, let me just say, this shit is DELICIOUS. I actually read through the whole book, tabbing pages of recipes that looked especially good to me, and it was a fun read. Chrissy has included lots of anecdotes and histories throughout the book that really enhance the overall experience (and she's genuinely hilarious). Some of the recipes are more difficult than others, of course, but none that I've seen or tried have been particularly intimidating. Thi ...more
Cait
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Crissy Teigen is amazing, and this cookbook is wonderful
Kortney
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of Chrissy Teigen! She seems like so much fun, and so is this cookbook. The recipes aren't amazing, but they are realistic. And the book is beautiful!
MaryannC. Book Freak
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food-yum
Great book filled with great recipes, one of my faves.
Leigh Kramer
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
I’ve already made the Vegetable Tortilla Stew and can confirm it's delicious and easy. And I will be making so many more of these recipes asap! Teigen has a great sense of humor, as evidenced by her recipe descriptions.

FYI there is language about diets and weight gain, as well as drug and alcohol references, throughout, so exercise caution if these things are potentially triggering.
Mignon DeLarre
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yum

I think I'd actually buy a hard copy of this book. Her recipes look really good, but it's her stories before each recipe that make this worth it. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while reading a cookbook.
Rianna
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who loves easy and delicious food
36/52 books read in 2018.
12/20 bookshelf reads in 2018.

Part 5 of the "OMG I need to figure out what to cook for Christmas" search... 7 books in total to get through (at least).

Conclusion: still haven't found a dish for 5 people that I actually want to eat around Christmas, but I will be cooking a lot of Teigen food in 2019 ;)

My earlier reviews still stand.

60/45 books read in 2017
22/23 bookshelf read in 2017.

NL: Ik vind Chrissy geweldig en dit boek was zeker weten niet een teleurstelling. Het is
Tima
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
Chrissy Teigen, a model and celebrity, has a deep love for food. She filled this book with all of her favorite foods that she enjoys not only cooking, but eating as well. The book is peppered with witty comments, pictures of delicious food, glimpses into her life and family, and amazingly easy to execute recipes. The one thing this book doesn't have is desserts. Chrissy isn't a baker and so only put the things that she enjoys cooking into the book. Since she's a world traveler, there is a large ...more
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
Chrissy Teigen has grown on me considerably lately - she seems funny, doesn't take shit and promotes a healthy and happy family life - all things I can get behind. While I guiltily love celebrity entertainment I'm always very skeptical when the A list roll out their cookbooks or whatever their latest product is -but with that said, and skepticism in mind, I really love this cookbook. It is a beautiful, funny cookbook packed with really enticing recipes that are not too complex or necessarily lig ...more
Lindsay Duggan
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I saw an article about this book on buzzfeed and who hasn't heard of Chrissy Teigen so I decided to check it out. I haven't read a cookbook before so wasn't really sure how to rate this because I don't know how it compares to others, but I really enjoyed reading through this one. Oh my gosh, I want to make almost every recipe in this book and can't wait to give it a try!! My only criticism is that some recipes seem really heavy and rich, but I guess that is refreshing too because even though Chr ...more

• Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You'll Make Over and Over Again
  • The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
  • Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics
  • The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
  • The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making
  • Barefoot Contessa Family Style: Easy Ideas and Recipes That Make Everyone Feel Like Family
  • I'm Just Here for the Food: Food + Heat = Cooking
  • The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution
  • The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified!
  • Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule
  • Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
  • Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Chrissy Teigen is known as many things–host of Lip Sync Battle on MTV, bestselling author, Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model, spouse to John Legend, star of Instagram (16.8M) and Twitter (10.3M), but all she really wants to talk about is dinner.

Articles featuring this book

We asked the winner of the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Cookbook for a great recipe, and chef and author Chrissy Teigan (whom you may also know ...
“Few things are more beautiful than a giant, deep golden brown featherless bird in the middle of a dinner table (unless that bird is turkey, which we can all surely agree sucks and yet once a year we all come together and lie to ourselves and each other for some wild reason).” 1 likes
“I was drinking a whiskey at my sister’s baby shower in Cedar Falls, Iowa, awaiting the arrival of Jell-O salad, cheesy potatoes, BBQ chicken, the family-gathering favorites.” 0 likes