Start by marking “Worth The Wait (Waiting For You To Fall #4)” as Want to Read:
Worth The Wait (Waiting For You To Fall #4)

Worth The Wait

(Waiting For You To Fall #4)

Inventor Henry Wallens accidentally made a time machine out of an old cell phone, and he’s decided it’s the perfect opportunity to make his life less lonely. He goes back in time and poses as his own uncle to try to make himself more outgoing… but when he runs into his old high school science teacher, Ryan, it’s his current—future—self who ends up changing to look forward ...more
Published July 21st 2015 by Lori Toland (first published May 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Worth The Wait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth The Wait

Start your review of Worth The Wait (Waiting For You To Fall #4)
Ami
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-short-stories

Although Henry Wallens is on his way of making something significant in his career, but in his love life, he is lonely. He never socializes much even when he's young. So Henry decides to use a time machine he creates on his job to go back to his past. Posing as his uncle, Henry tries to remind his younger-teenager-self, that there's more to life than science. But Henry's happiness in the future might actually be tied up to this moment when he travels back in time ....

---

I love this
Serena Yates
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
Going back in time to correct your own mistakes, or to make your life less lonely, sounds like an attractive proposition. That Henry, the super-clever scientist, used a ‘modified cell phone’ to do it made me smile. All that aside, traditional theory assumes it will lead to a paradox if you meet yourself, so the author adds a slight twist to this story to make it work. Of course, the theorists would still have a fit about the whole idea, I am sure, but this is fiction, right?

Henry is
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is a really cute story, although I figured the 'mystery' out at the very beginning, but I am a huge fan of mysteries.
(view spoiler)
Chris
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short, gay, ebook, arc, timetravel, 2012, done
Very good short m/m romance about a scientist who inadvertently turns an old cell phone into a time machine and decides to go back to encourage his younger self to be more social. Loved the twist to this one!
Mary
Jun 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay so this one where the person you looked up to and whose belief in you helped you become the best you could be and then that's the person you end up with? Yeah, I loved it.
Lucy
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

Henry is a scientist. A dedicated scientist. One who spends a lot of time poring over his work. The fact that he is also lonely is mainly due to the fact that he likes to talk about what he’s interested in, and what interests him is SCIENCE. This causes dates to get eyes glazed over and not many second dates. Henry’s mother is always trying to get him to go on dates. She wants her boy to be happy. During a lunch together, she also reminds him how much he look
Lelyana
This is totally a comfort read for me.
Going back to the past , and found out that your science teacher is sexy and you're falling for him while the little you was very busy with the project.
I loved how Henry and Ryan talked like a real adult about their 'relationship' and made a right decision 'to wait'.
Oh how I wish I could do the time travel thing, and 'manage' what was wrong in a past life and re-arrange it...keep dreaming...keep dreaming... :)
Sheila
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Henry invents a time traveling machine that takes him back to high school where he tries to get his teen-age self to be more social. He discovers his favorite science teacher is gay and he wants to be involved with him but will it change the future. I liked Henry. I got a sense of who Henry was and I was glad the present time turned out as it did. I thought it might but I was glad to discover I was right.
Sadonna
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, pdf, time-travel
3.5 stars. This time travel story has Henry, a scientist working on an energy project, going back to try to counsel his younger self. Not quite sure how the "occupying the same space" as his younger self works, but the story has a very sweet and romantic twist that leads to happy ending.
blub
A very nice short story with an enjoyable twist at the end.
Sylvie
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travel to change one's past, ending meeting his future lover...
Crystal Marie
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The old saying “Sometimes less is more” comes to mind when I think about this book. It has nothing to do with the story itself, I think that it was done AMAZINGLY well, but it’s more about the length of the book.
This is a short quick read, but it’s a very good one in my opinion. I completely loved the fact that Lori didn’t over do the book with excessive amounts of “fluff”. All the important details needed for this book where put in there and that was it.

I think that this stor
A.E. Lawless
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the heck out of this for a couple of reasons. first, the pacing was excellent. I love a good, long read as much as the next girl, but not when there's not enough material to support it. Ms. Toland knew exactly what she had with this story and she didn't try to make it any more than it was. The story speaks for itself and nothing felt forced. I also really enjoyed the fact that this started and ended in the appropriate place. i can't tell you how many books I've read and stopped halfway ...more
Kaetrin
2.5 stars, rounded up.

Okay short story about a science nerd who invents a time travel device in a cell phone. He travels back in time to give himself some social advice and there, runs into his hot High School science teacher. Time travel (which I love) usually does my head in and time travel in 38 pages is that x 1000. There's really not enough time to develop the characters, the story or the science and I felt the sexy times at the end seemed a bit out of place with what had been a
melek
so i read this then find out its book 4 but i dont think it might have anything to do with others expect the series title its self. But i will read it again when the time comes but its ok i read backwards sometimes.LOL.

Henry travel back in-time as his uncle to tell his young self there is more to life then science. But in the process he finds tr love that is worth the wait.
Arlyn
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fresh and original. I really enjoyed it. A little slow paced but the payoff was worth it. Dr. Green and Henry were great protagonists. The time travel stories can be a little confusing but the author did well with communicating the temporal sequence with clarity.

Short, different and intelligent.
Rissa
Awwww, definitely worth the wait! I totally understood Henry! :) I may have been the same back in high school but boy I wish I got into MIT. So only similar in the social aspect but not the intelligence aspect, lol.

I kind of guessed who Ryan was but wasn't completely sure. The note makes sense now. And talk about waiting! Definitely sweet! I enjoyed it!
melek
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
read this already but didnt know there was a series not sure if same genre but reread later again with the whole series and review then. Well already review it with another edition never mind will add this or i might end up deleting both again like before
Idamus
2.5
Meggie
Jun 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sci-fi, shorts
Enjoyable short story. Henry and Ryan were interesting character. I'm glad they found each other at the end.
Marlobo
Jul 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nh-g-time-travel
I'm a fan of science fiction. as such, this story is a mess.
Leaundra
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it and I knew where it was going but it was still a great read. I love time travel.
Gigi T
Mike Fedarau
Aug 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Worth the Wait by Lori Toland 2 56 Jun 15, 2012 08:03PM
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.

Waiting For You To Fall (4 books)
  • The Furry Matchmaker  (Waiting For You To Fall #1)
  • Perform For Me (Waiting For You To Fall #2)
  • Landfall (Waiting For You to Fall, #3)