Start by marking “Power Up #1” as Want to Read:
Power Up #1

Power Up #1

(Power Up #1)

What's To Love: New York Times bestselling author Kate Leth (Bravest Warriors, Adventure Time: Seeing Red) and artist Matt Cummings (Adventure Time) create a new, original series that takes the magical girl story where it's never, ever been before. Combining a deep love of Sailor Moon with the tongue-in-cheek humor of Scott Pilgrim, Power Up is the story of the most unlike ...more
Published July 22nd 2015 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Power Up #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power Up #1

Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 21st-century, own, comics, sff
I really like the art and coloring but this issue fell flat in what is ultimately just a serviceable introduction but I will be continuing on with the series because I see the potential.
Spira-Virgo

Power Up is a new 6 limited issues series created by Kate Leth as the writer and Matt Cummings as the illustrator and released by BOOM! Box comics.

For a starting issue, we have a small amount of interdiction to the main character Amie, who is quite nice for a main lead. She's just funny and goofy a little bit irresponsible but hey aren't we all that by the end of the day? Unfortunately, it doesn't help capture enough interest in the next issues for a first time read. Sure, there's lots of inter
Maia
The worst thing about this first installment is that it is over too soon. I WANT FOUR HUNDRED MORE. Looking forward to the next one! Kate Leth's writing is delightfully paired with Matt Cummings' adorable artwork. I like Amie as a doesn't-quite-have-this-whole-adulthood-thing-together-yet protagonist, and I'm especially excited for Kevin's storyline!
Nicole
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute illustration and colour, good setup for this mysterious power and stranger in a suit speaking a foreign language. The main character Amie is normal enough looking, not a scrawny blonde heroine as usual. But the premise just didn't grab me. A lot of series I've started (Lunberjanes) instantly grabbed my attention. This first issue is good but I found it to be lacking that something special.
Tomb
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Sweet! This comic starts of great and leaves me wanting more. Great art and some funny things hidden in the backgrounds as well. :D
Guts Reads
Read 1-6 (Complete). Love the diversity!
Lashette
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Cute art and a great story.
Kat
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WARNING I use photos from the comic itself. If you want a completely spoiler-free experience, don't look at them. Additionally, this is a review of all of Power up! so far, so be warned. minor spoilers are ahead.

Now that that's out of the way,
HOLY CRAP BALLS. THIS COMIC IS FREAKING AMAZING.

Okay, first of all, MC is a regular young adult person named Amy or Aimee or something, she went to art school and is trying to pay her student loans by working at a pet store until suddenly, bam! Huge fl
Sidekicks Wanted
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
C: I need to read a couple more issues to see if I actually like this. The first issue was really short, and I don't have a good sense of what is going on at all. I like some of the art, but not all of it and that is a little confusing.
Bailey
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Can't wait for the second one!

Loved the art and the characters. I found this title very enjoyable and it left me wanting more. I will definitely be reading the rest of the issues as soon as they're released.
Rainey
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and in love.
Secret Stacks
This comic was discussed on Secret Stacks Episode 6
Andrea
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
So fun. Excited to see what happens!
I LOVE IT!
Gotta get me hands on the rest of the issues asap!
Ruby-Mae Roberts
Very cute but didn't capture my interest as much as I hoped.
Cara
Sep 06, 2015
Sara
Apr 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kate Leth (born 1989) is a comic artist and illustrator who has been posting her comics online since late 2010. She is mostly known as a webcomic artist, although she has been published in a few anthologies and occasionally sells prints of her mini-comics. She works at the comic shop "Strange Adventures" in Halifax, Canada.
She also writes for Bravest Warriors, Fraggle Rock and Edward Scissorhands