Start by marking “Always in My Heart” as Want to Read:
Always in My Heart

Always in My Heart

(Kiss #1)

One amazing, heart-stopping, earth-shattering kiss was all it took for Reagan to fall for Luke.
What she thought was a school-girl crush on her best friend's older brother, turned into something so much more in an instant.
Then he left and broke her heart in the process. For years she tried to move on, but no one compared to Luke. No kiss, no man, even came close.
The heart w
ebook, 2
Published September 1st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Always in My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always in My Heart

Sheela
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written sweet romance about first loves and forever loves, be prepared for heartbreak and lots of tears with characters you'll really fall for.
Books Laid Bare
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Settle down, relax and let Rachael Brownell, immerse you in a world of exquisite characters who are lucky to be embellished with some stupendous storytelling.
This is the beautiful story of how long and how hard your heart will wait for the one person that it is not prepared to give up on.
Reagan lost her heart to Luke and there isn’t a thing she could have done to stop it.
One Kiss… that was all it took and her fate was sealed and her heart wouldn’t have had it any other way.
But what can you do w
S.F. Benson
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Oh. My. God. This book hurt to read. Seriously. It was so friggin’ good. The emotional roller coaster it took me on was tremendous. My heart ached after the first few pages. And, just when I thought I found a joyful moment it was ripped away. Some how I managed to read this story in ONE night.

Rachael Brownell delivered a unique story of love and life in "Next". I felt every emotion Reagan, the main character, experienced. I came
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“‘We will have that one day, Reagan. I hope you realize that I’m not giving up on you. I’m not giving up on us. I’m not sure how long it’ll take but when we are finally together, it will make all the years apart worth every painful moment. Until then….”

5 beautiful stars!! Such a beautiful story and it was so well told! Rachael is an amazing author and this book proves it!

What if one kiss could change everything?

It did, for Reagan Brooks. Her fasci
Donna Porter
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Did you ever go through life holding on to a dream of that perfect guy or kiss? Reagan Brooks knows that feeling well. Elliot Evans has been her best friend since they were young. His older brother Luke, however stole her heart. Entering school as a senior Luke has given Reagan a kiss that stole her heart and he told her they would be together someday. He enlisted in the Marines and the kiss occurs before he leaves for boot camp, but Elliot doesn't know about their feelings for each other. Reaga ...more
Ink Angels  Book Blog
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ink Angels Book Blog & Reviews received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Next was my first look at Author Rachael Brownell and I loved her work. Brownell had a way in her writing that had me lost in my emotions and I had no idea what to feel. Throughout the book I had a worrying sense and I was anxious to finish the story, yet still wanted to delay finishing it because it was just that good.

I could not get over my adoration of Reagan's love for Luke. It was amazing what Reagan endure
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy Help Me Batman! The author wrecked me with this book. I LOVED it!

Reagan Brook's first kiss with Luke Evans changed her crush into heart wrenching love. He leaves town to become a Marine shortly after, leaving her with super high expectations. Reagan goes 10 years without seeing Luke, and although she tries to move on, no man ever compares to him so she walks away. Will she ever be able to truly move on?

WOW, what a beautiful story. I loved every gut wrenching moment, even though wanted to s
Carra
Aug 30, 2015 rated it liked it
So, when this story first starts out, nothing about it really grabbed me. I was considering it just an average read...and then I got about halfway in and the author ripped my heart out. And it wasn't even over one of the two main characters.

The main characters actually were a bit frustrating for me, as neither were really going after what they wanted, and it felt like it was taking forever for anything to ever happen with them. For me, all of that was tossed out the window that moment halfway in
Tessa
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Rachael Brownell. What a great story about waiting on love to return but trying to move on with life. We have a phrase in Spanish that translates to say you "pass the time" until the right one comes along. This is that story. Reagan passes the time by dating and comparing her dates to Luke - even dates someone who looks like him! She tries to move on from him but when you find your forever love your heart won't let you.

Luke tried to do right by not being selfish and hav
Crystal Gray
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed-gems
I don't know why it took me so long to finally pick up this book. Maybe it was because I had a feeling it would rip out my heart? Who knows. I have had it on my kindle for almost 2 years prior to reading it. WOW, guys for real, READ this!
Michelle
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book was hard for me to read. I have a lot of things going around in my head about this book. The fact that the main characters don't get together or talk for most of the book.... Didn't sit well with me. And the fact we don't have any answers for a good chunk of the book was very frustrating.
28% in and all I have are questions.
Nothing has gone on really besides that one kiss in the beginning of the book. And a few letters. After that.... Nothing else.
Just Reagan writing letter to Luke for
Melissa Burcham
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I was given an ARC book for an honest review free of persuasion from the author or anyone else affiliated with this book.

CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Wow, what a story! I loved this book from beginning to end. This was a good military romance. I was hooked from the first page and couldn't put the book down.

One kiss. That is all it took for Reagan. Her next door neighbors were three boys. She was best friends with Elliot. James was like a brother she never had. And then there was Luke. Reagan has alway
My Bookbag by Karen
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really like this book very much. This story by Brownell has an extremely interesting concept that is well developed. It makes for an engaging read, and I find it to be a real page-turner.

Brownell’s characters are vibrant and compelling. Drawn to Reagan, I feel compelled to remain immersed in her life as she navigates the decade between her first year in college through her early career. In the telling of Reagan’s story, Brownell reaches the pa
Kimothy
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow i was not expecting that from this book. Obviously the synopsis drew me in, but man i could not put it down. Talk about unrequited love from your youth. We all know first kisses,first loves and those early unrequited loves leave a mark on our souls but how much do they influence our decisions on future relationships and our actions. For Reagan nothing can compare and it is the yard stick to constantly strive towards, but i loved the unexpected aspect in the book how when you do not expect so ...more
Kerry Richardson
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was actually very disappointed with this book. I struggled with it and found it quite slow in the fact that nothing actually happened, although the story jumped through time in large chunks. At a little over half way there was a big emotional event that was more about secondary characters than the main ones of Luke and Reagan and I began to think that it was finally going to pick up the pace. Alas not!! I was expecting a good reason as to what was keeping Luke and Reagan apart for all those ye ...more
Elsie Caba
I didn't enjoy this book much, great characters, beautiful heartbreaking stories, but you miss the whole developing of Reagan and Luke's relationship.

They spend the entire book apart and everything always happen soo fast you don't even get to connect with the story. One moment she's going to college and the next she's alredy graduating from it, there was no need to rush it so much. I thought for a moment that maybe the rush was to spend the rest of the book developing the relationship which did
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

We meet Reagan during high school, she finally gets what she has been wishing for for years. A kiss from her crush, which happens to be her neighbor. Shortly after the kiss he leaves for the military. as the story goes on we follow Reagan while she tries to decide to hold on or let go. I really loved this book, it is very well written and I loved the story line. I was pulled in from the beginning and just couldn't put it down. I can't wait for
Casey Bond
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Reagan are my favorite Brownell characters to date. Get your tissues ready! You will thank me later for that tip. The story is beautifully written and paced. It's bittersweet sometimes and exquisitely painful in many ways. Two very impatient thumbs up as I cannot wait to read the other books in this series!!!!
Erin Hurst
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-b-b
This story starts with a high school Reagan finally getting her wish.. a kiss from the neighbor boy that she has a crush on. Its more than she ever expected it could be, sadly he is leaving soon to join the military.
The story continues to follow Reagan and what she does to try to hold on or move beyond that one kiss. Many things happen to keep it interesting from beginning to end!
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book by a fantastic author. Heart felt and emotional. You feel fall in love with the characters. A must read.
Michele Salls
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read by Rachael Brownell and I will certainly be reading more from her....My friend recommended this to me last night and I one-clicked and stayed up past midnight because I couldn't put it down!!

Do we all remember our first kiss and the way it made us feel? Was it the right person, the right time, the right place? Was it everything you had imagined it would be?

To know that you have loved someone for so long that you can't even tell when it actually happened...you were always
Teri
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have issues with this book. I mean I love when the characters have a history and then get together you know at least they have a history and the happily ever after is more believable, you know what I mean. I love this authors work but this read I had some issues with. Ten years of loving someone with no response or acknowledgement from them and not moving on with your life, I just don't know. She is reduced to a sniveling mess and compares everyone to him and basically waits while he ignores h ...more
Paige Whitecotton
Wow my heart

Emotionally I think Rachael was trying to actually kill me. lol. She did a prefect job giving us raw heart wrenching details. I love the letters dated for us to read over the years. I also love that neither one found anyone that filled the void even a little.

ELLIOT that’s all I can say o the subject of he life long best friend.

Felicity bless her heart I can’t imagine what she feels right now. But what a gift she has now.

Luke and his GRACIE wasted so much time hurting. But maybe t
Nikkita
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another 10 star read!

Oh my goodness, this story literally breaks you in half. Then slowly starts to mend you back. An emotionally charged second chance story. Friendships, heart break, loss, and the power of an all consuming love. I recommended this book before I was Even done with it, now that I'm done, I can't recommend it enough.
Trista
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book!

Good book! It was refreshing young adult fiction with no graphic scenes ect...was just a good read! There were errors though- not a lot of editing so I only gave it four stars. Overall I would recommend it to anyone that's in the mood for good young adult romance.
Liza
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great story!!! I love it 💜 I cried, I laughed , I cried again and I would do it all over again!!! It was a unique story 😍
Great job Rachael!!!
Anett Simonsen
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Elliot. Maybe I’m to emotional but dam I needed tissues for this book. But truly a good read. But damn sometimes I want to shake some sense into Reagan.
Darlene Cowham
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tearjerker

I loved this book it had fun times happy times and also sad times. I could not put this book down. Can't wait to read more of your books Rachael Brownell
Colleen
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! One kiss can really set the course of your life. Reagan Brooks was kissed by Luke Evans when she was just 17 years old and nobody else she came across even came close to comparing to him.

No matter where she went in life and no matter how much she tried to move on Luke was embedded in her heart for good!

But what happens after 10 years of loving someone when a tragedy puts them together in the same room? Will all those same feelings of love simmer to the surface or will anger keep them squa
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Reagan has a crush on her neighbor, Luke. Luke is also Elliot's brother. Elliot is Reagan's best friend. Luke and Reagan share a passionate kiss right before he leaves for the military. This story is told a little different. We get mostly Reagan's prospective. We also get to read the letter she writes to Luke. Luke never calls or writes back. Reagan can never move on with her life because no one ever measures up to that kiss. For a while I kind of thought the maybe Luke was off and had a new lif ...more

• The Forsaken (The Guardian, #3)
  • The Fitzgerald Family Boxed Set: Books 1-3 (The Fitzgerald Family, #1-3)
  • The Afterglow Trilogy (The Afterglow Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Thanksgiving in Sweetwater County (Sweetwater County, #8)
  • Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)
  • Thorns of Decision (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #3)
  • Lucifer (Redemption, #3)
  • Hunted (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
  • Escaping the Lutha (Lutha Chronicles, #1)
  • The Archer (Arrow's Flight, #2)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • 1981: Jessie's Girl
  • 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s #1)
  • The Whispering (The Velesi Trilogy, #3)
Rachael Brownell resides in Michigan with her husband and son. An admitted coffee addict, since 2012 she has written and published more than two dozen romance books with no plans to stop writing any time soon.
When she's not writing, she enjoys playing golf, reading and watching her son play baseball.
To find out more about Rachael's books, visit her website, Amazon page, or follow her on social m