Start by marking “Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor (Amelia Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor (Amelia Series, #1)

Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor

(Amelia Series #1)

Amelia is truly not your average girl and neither is her story.

Abandoned by her mother at a young age and raised by an overly-protective grandmother, Matilda, Amelia is confined to the grounds of her childhood home, Stoney Manor. Amelia meets Matthew Fairchild, the new boy in town, and quickly becomes infatuated with him. Soon Amelia discovers things aren’t always what th
Published November 6th 2015 by Anchor Group Publishing (first published November 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor

Start your review of Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor (Amelia Series, #1)
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love discovering new authors. Michelle Jetton’s first release is a home run. The characters are multi dimensional and well defined. I was immediately intrigued by Amelia’s grandmother, Ms. Matilda. She is a woman of many secrets! Actually it seems no one in this story is who or what they appear to be; which drew me in. I am nosy by nature so I smell a huge back story brewing here. Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor is Sabrina the Teenage Witch meets Harry Potter.

As book one in the series,
Jackie Cantrell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a book! Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor is a book for all ages. "Amelia" has it all....a family full of love; a young, budding romance; and a mystery to keep us wanting more. It's a true page-turner, and keeps the reader on the edge of one's seat, from one chapter, to the next. Ms. Jetton left us hanging, wanting answers, and MORE of Amelia.
Heather Blanton
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.**

Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor had me intrigued from page one. I had to know what happened! And I must now know what happens next! WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, Jetton?! WHAT?! :)
I enjoyed this first chapter in Amelia's story. Jetton's words painted Stoney Manor and each character in a way that made it easy to fall into the story. With each chapter, I found myself trying to draw conclusions on what would happen next and what little things we d
Chris Bradfield
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for people of all ages, men and women alike. There are a gambit of emotions you will feel reading this. You will laugh, get mad, and "get something in your eye." Amelia is a sweet girl, Matthew is a shy guy, and Grandmother is the Matriarch that keeps them all together. The biblical undertones are subtle but powerful. Read this book. You will not be disappointed.
connie bohannon
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was captured by the story in the first chapter. The story was full of details about the location of the house and very descriptive of its surroundings. The love story is one I am excited to see mature. Michelle has a great future in being a creative and respected author. I had the honor of being one of the first few to read this story. Thank you!!
AK Mama Reads
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mama's Thoughts:
I think it's absolutely refreshing when I pick up a book being touted as a ya paranormal romance and find out it is absolutely so much more than that. This is tale of a girl growing into a woman, learning the truth about herself and her family. It's am emotional journey, and a confusing one, as any former teenager, or current teenager knows, this is painfully accurate. Trying to navigate the emerging feelings she has coming into contact with a boy for the first time, in conjuncti
Candie
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as a ARC for a honest review and it did not disappoint. I absolutely adored this book! I couldn’t put it down. It had me intrigued and captivated from the very first paragraph. The story line was awesome and it had all the things that I believe all great books should have. It has mystery, love, deceit, and suspense. I completely fell in love with, not only, Amelia, but with all the characters in this book and the world that the author created. She did an outstanding job of d ...more
Joann Cantrell
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to be one of the first people to read this book. It grabbed my attention from the very first sentence. I could feel everything Amelia felt and really identified with all three characters(Luna, Amelia, and Matilda). It covered every spectrum of my emotions. I laughed, cried, and grinned. It takes a lot for me to cry so that is saying a lot. I didn't want it to end. I am going to be on pins and needles waiting for the next book to come out.
James Shipman
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Strong emotions, Secret of Stoney Manor is a unique romance/ fantasy that takes you to the perspective of several characters, to confront a dark family past, leaving this reader waiting impatiently for the next revelation. The emotional portrayal of the main character from 'head over heels' love to utter frustration is well described and should resonate with the audience. I look forward to the sequel. #teamLuna
Sarah Terry
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had me hooked from the first page. I am honored that I was able to be one of the first to read it. I loved how it ended, and I can't wait to read the next book and find out what other secrets Stoney Manor is hiding.
Jessica
Nov 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
The book kept me interested from the start. I really liked it and plan on reading the second one to see what happens next.
Rachel
May 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 30%

The writing is so cliched and outdated, both in the romance and fantasy, it brought absolutely nothing new to the genre and my interest. No one in real life actually talks like the main characters do- not believable at all.

For a (presumably) self-edited and self-published book, there were a handful of typos in the short amount of the book I did read, as well as some timeline issues with plot pieces.
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story and loved the characters in this book. I feel that it was written for a younger audience than me, but it made me feel nostalgic for my teenage days. It reminded me of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, but a bit darker. I am interested to see what happens in the next book, as this one left us with some questions.
Mara
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: good
The full review can also be found here.

---

I received a free copy of this book courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really thought I would enjoy this book, especially since the summary looked quite interesting. However, some parts just didn’t appeal to me that made me decide to give Amelia a 3.5. Let me round up this review into two parts for you:

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:

For the most part, I didn’t connect with the characters at all. Their actions were a bit bipolar and I didn’t un
Ibukun

*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Amelia lives with her grandmother in the large, pretty much isolated Stoney Manor. She has been separated from society for so long that she has never seen devices as commonplace as the MP3 player. On her sixteenth birthday, it is revealed to her that she comes from a family of witches, and she has to fight Darkness and let light prevail.
I really thought I would love Amelia and the Secret of Stoney Manor. Sadly, a few things didn
Lorna Francis
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witch-fantasy
This fantastic witch fantasy novel incorporates the fight between good and evil, witchcraft, loss, love and romance.   With characters full of depth and warmth the reader soon is invested in Amelia and her grandmother, together with Luna the cat they make a very quirky family unit.  The quirkiness continues throughout with the cat surprising Amelia brilliantly on her sixteenth birthday.
Michelle Jetton writes giving a air of reality and  freshness to this captivating  fantasy novel with life gi
Audrey
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Jetton takes you into the manor, personally introduces you to each character, and allows you to be a part of the story. You become in tune with each character and their emotions as you set off into the adventure each character deals with, especially Amelia's journey of self discovery. Great read! I loved it a d cannot wait for the next book!
Fousilly
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Difficult one for me to give an accurate rating to. Story and writing is extremely good but it's definitely written for younger audiences. I think if I was 12, I'd rate it a 5 but being much older than that, it was a bit juvenile in places. Will definitely read the next book as the story is good, just needs to be labeled that it's for a younger audience. Great debut novel though.
Kellie Beavis
Jul 27, 2017
Sally F.
May 06, 2016
Michelle Bradshaw
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bobbi
Nicole Collinsworth
May 27, 2016
Cindy
Apr 15, 2016

• Mango Cake and Murder (Mom and Christy's Mysteries #1)
  • Is Murder By Candlestick Still A Thing? (Diva Delaney Mysteries Book 1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Mapleton Mystery #1)
  • The Ghost with the Green Thumb
  • The Girl on the Mountain (Mountain Women, #1)
  • Doggone
  • Murder a la Carte (Nikki Hunter Mysteries, #4)
  • That Old Witch! (The Coffee Coven's Capers #1)
  • The House of Twelve (The Houses of Penance, #1)
  • Ellie Dwyer's Great Escape
  • The Perfect Tree
  • Blue Medusa (Curious Beach Mysteries, #1)
  • Catfished: A Rylie Cooper Mystery (Rylie Cooper Mysteries Book 1)
  • Fowl Play (Pet Palace #1)
  • The Lilac Code (The Sisters, Texas #7)
  • The Mirror in the River: A Novel of Suspense
  • Middle Ground
  • Cheesecake and Confusion (Peridale Cafe Mystery #18)

News & Interviews