Start by marking “Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)

Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)

4.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  60 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Fix Your Makeup is the third part of the Like A Lady serial. Please read Big Girl Panties first and Hide Your Crazy second, as this cannot be read as a stand alone.

It’s a summer fling; just keep telling yourself that and you’ll be alright. This thing with Mason Pierce, it’s just a fling, something fun to pass the time. He’s a rebound from the disastrous breakup, a band-aid
ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Fix Your Makeup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix Your Makeup

S.J. Sawyer
Jul 25, 2015 S.J. Sawyer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves:
Who is ready for the third installment of the Like A Lady serial? Ready for more Mason Pierce?
Michelle
Aug 16, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
The most anticipated book in the series so far. I chewed off almost 3 fingernails and my stomach was in knots. Wondering & wondering, if IT was going to happen. Waiting...and waiting...There is so much communication that is needed between characters, so much that is going to happen when Summer comes to an end. Throw in a surprise couple and then, we are needing more!! Just when I thought these characters couldn't get any more interesting. LOVE this series & SJ Sawyer!!
Tracey
Aug 29, 2015 Tracey rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed the dynamics between the characters in the series. Like most relationships there are communication problems or they just decide to be mad or to blame the easiest scapegoat. That is definitely not the best resolution to many issues. Some characters don't divulge relationships they want to have or maybe are in with those closest to them. They feel they are sparing their feelings but it creates more tension when such involvements come to light.

I was hoping that this book woul
Tina Morgan
Aug 21, 2015 Tina Morgan rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet baby Jesus, this book is 5 freaking stars!! I love this series so hard,it's quickly becoming one of my all time favorite's. If you love books that will have you laughing your a$$ off one page and crying the next and then throw in some hot scenes then this is definitely a series for you! I think that Ms.Sawyer could write a dozen of these books and I would read them.
This book continues from the others. Red and Mason are still continues their "summer fling" and learning different things
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 18, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“He moves, fast as lightning. Mason goes for the smashed cupcake on my jaw, but instead of licking it off in one quick swipe of his tongue, he plays with me, toying with the sensitive skin right below my ear. His lips kiss and caress ;while his tongue laps at the stiffened frosting, driving me straight to distraction. I can’t think, can’t focus, can't remember what i was saying, thinking.”

4 stars!! I loved this third installment of the series!! Sup
DJ Sakata
Aug 28, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“It’s been a long damned grudge. Congratulations on hatred well played, but let’s just put it behind us and move on.”

“How do people just know this stuff? Like, is there a class where you can go and learn how to size people up? Do they pull certain kids aside during school and teach them these things while the rest of us sit in history learning about Abraham Lincoln?”

“You’ve ruined me, Mason Pierce. The way you make my heart race and my blood pound through my veins, God, I know th
Caro J Roberts
Apr 07, 2016 Caro J Roberts rated it it was amazing
"You'll be leaving soon, and when you are gone, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I just keep thinking, and thinking, and it is running through my head. You've ruined me, Mason Pierce. The way you make my heart race and my blood pound through my veins, God, I know that I'll never feel like that again, and I'm scared. Scared of it all."

This is the third book in the Like A Lady series; the third instalment of Red and Mason's story. It was so amazing I didn't want it to end, but sadly it did and
JC (Jen)
Sep 03, 2015 JC (Jen) rated it it was amazing
Red and Mason are in my top 5 favorite characters of all time, I love them (And all the other characters too!)! Fix Your Makeup will not disappoint, I have been very impatiently waiting to get my hands on this book and once I had it I could not put it down. It's just that good! The Like A Lady Series is one of my favorites and I cannot wait to read more! Way to go S.J. you nailed it again <3 If you haven't started this series yet what are you waiting for? You. Will. Love. It. <3
Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks
Aug 31, 2015 Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks rated it really liked it
Best of the 3 books in this series so far by miles!
I absolutely adore Mason in this book. He had me smiling almost all the way through. I love how much he loves Red! It's so blooming sweet.
I have been waiting on tender hooks for the secrets to be revealed and honestly, I thought we were never going to get there. The majority of this book is the usual light hearted, fun loving, young love story we have come to expect from this bunch of young adults. Then BAM, out of the blue it all goes tits up!
Jackie
Aug 16, 2015 Jackie rated it it was amazing
I just love Red and Mason! I finished this in one day, hoping to get some closure, but that didn't happen yet! I love this series and all the characters. I'm hoping all the characters get books as well:) I'm from a small town, so I can relate to a lot of the stuff in this series. I love some small town stories!
Michelle carter
Aug 24, 2015 Michelle carter rated it it was amazing
Fix your makeup by S.J. Sawyer is absolutely fantastic! Just like every book I've read from the "Like a Lady series." The characters are so wonderful you can't help but love them, you have Mason Pierce, Scarlett (Red) Summers, Mary Lou Parsons, Monroe Calhoun, and you meet more along their summer journey, with Melanie Pierce, Mason's sister & Cash, Mary Lou's brother. This story is taking place in the summer and summer is almost over! I would recommend you read the books in order starting wi ...more
Emily
Aug 30, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Red Summers is finally getting a chance with her longtime crush, Mason Pierce. Her life has been a bit of a roller coaster with finding out her best friend was dating her man and the breakup that ensued. Now Red is getting close and finding herself even more infatuated with Mason Pierce. It should be fun and light but something is being kept from Red that could destroy everything.

I had not read the first two books, while I was able to figure out what had happened I think it would be beneficial t
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Nov 16, 2015 Maria "Rosie" Poli rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying that “I am in love with Mason”. He is hot, sweet and loving. The characters in this series are a good group; they have known each other since they were kids. So they know everything about each other, but yet there are secrets. Then you have the other side, the mean girls and the jerk ex-boyfriend. But, they all play their role in the story.

“Mason only has a couple of more weeks before he has to get back to Norman for the start of fall training. His life has to return t
Sara Miller
Aug 31, 2015 Sara Miller rated it it was amazing
In Part 3 of this amazing serial we see just how Girl Code works haha. Mel is still holding a grudge at the beginning of the book and results in a funny run in with Red. Which leads to another one of Mary Lou's hilerious outbursts which basically boils down to Small town living (within minutes any public spectacle will be talked about all over town within seconds of it happening)

Gradually though Red and Mel make up and everything is right with the world once again! Or is it? . . . Cash might ha
Badass Bloggettes
Aug 31, 2015 Badass Bloggettes rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Like a Lady series by the talented S.J Sawyer.
I would suggest reading the other books in the series first before you read this as it will give you an insight into the characters in here which I found so much easier rather than trying to figure out who everyone was.

This is the next instalment for Mason and Red.

These two are so sweet, they have major crushes on each other that stem back to when they were kids but were always too scared to do something about it. Well w
Melody Grabeel
Aug 28, 2015 Melody Grabeel rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Like a Lady Series, you need to read the other 2 before this one.
As Red and Mason continue to enjoy their time together, the black cloud on the horizon continues to approach. Red fears her newfound relationship with Mason will end with his return to school. She continues to battle with herself over her growing feelings for Mason.
Mason knows what he wants, the same thing he's always wanted and that's a future with Red. Dreading his return to school as he won't be able
Shelley Jarin
Aug 28, 2015 Shelley Jarin rated it really liked it
Mason & Red. I love these two ever since i read the first book in the series. Don't know why these two is so oblivious of how they feel for each other but they just fit together. Love all the fun bunch of friends in the book and i'm so envious of their summer adventures. Though i somehow knew that what Mason has done in the past will somehow bite him in the ass.

This is the first time that i have read SJ Sawyer's books. I got hooked in the series looking for the next one and i think i'll be l
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 31, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
WOW! I'm totally in love and addicted to this series, and ready for #4 NOW!

Fix Your Makeup is part 3 of this addicting serial. You must read 1 and 2 first to understand what's going on. In this one, we get to see how Red and Mason deal with the fact that, no matter how much they tell themselves it's only a summer fling, they are totally in love with each other. S.J. Sawyer's characters are very well developed and seriously easy to relate to. They are so freakin hilarious that I can't stop laughi
Lynn Stookes
Aug 28, 2015 Lynn Stookes rated it it was amazing
S.J. did it again. Every time she manages to amaze me. Fix Your Makeup definitely didn't let me down. It had it all. Laughs. Love. Sex. From the start you are pulled in with the humor and complete realness of the characters. You can completely relate to one or more of them. Mason is one of my favorite book boyfriends with his sweet southern charm and I'm jealous of Red on a regular basis. Mary Lou is up to even more shenanigans which has me laughing the entire time.

Lots of major information is r
Melissa
Aug 31, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
A Fun, Sweet and Sexy Read
This is a great read. The writing is amazing. I was sucked in right away and did not want to put it down. I love the author's style and voice. The humor is terrific and the characters are totally great. They are very interesting and entertaining. The author takes us on an emotional ride with laughter, and tears welling up and the feeling that you want to throw your kindle at the wall. I was carried along with the story needing to know what was coming next, and I am stil
Sassy Southern
Aug 29, 2015 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
Marci
Dec 19, 2015 Marci rated it it was amazing
Fix Your Makeup is the third installment of SJ Sawyer's LIKE A LADY SERIES, and it picks right up where HIDE YOUR CRAZY, left off. This is the book where the other shoe drops, and just when Red realizes her feelings for Mason, something happens to that has her questioning the loyalty of the two very people she loves the most. If you've been following this amazing series, it's no surprise, we all saw it coming, right?!?! It was just a matter of when. I absolutely love this series and these charac ...more
Reva Coomer
Aug 26, 2015 Reva Coomer rated it it was amazing
This series is AMAZING. Mason is the "boy next door" with a dirty mouth and naughty in the bedroom. Red is your typical"county girl" with a sassy mouth. All the characters in this book are amazing. I love M...she is such a blast. This book makes me wish I was one of the characters just to have the fun that they do. This is a much read series! You will not be disappointed! So much fun to read. All kinds of laughs plus steamy sex.
Charidy
Jan 13, 2016 Charidy rated it it was amazing
Not sure what happened to my first review of this book...... But I will say I LOVED IT!!
There are ups and downs following the gang in Freemont, OK and yes you will have your pick of book boyfriends. The author brings all these characters to life, giving them all very real personalities. You will LOVE this installment of the Like A Lady Series, just like me.
Jennifer ~J & J's Southern Spice Blog
I have been reading this series and was looking forward to this book to come out. Wow I love it and the cliffhanger is awesome. Now I'm like I need the next book. I'm dying to find out what happens next and if Red will open her heart to forgiveness. This was a book that made me laugh and say WTH....definitely a must read.
United Indie Book Blog
Sep 07, 2015 United Indie Book Blog rated it it was amazing
I could not wait to start this book. I had so many questions and ways I wanted this book to end. The relationships in this book are complex and like most relationships there are fights and communication problems. Everyone just wants to spare feelings but it just makes it worse because there are so many what ifs! Out of the three this is my favorite book. And I'm hoping that we get to hear more from the rest of the characters.
**i received an ARC for an honest review**

Reviewed by Raychel
GetYourSmutOn
Aug 27, 2015 GetYourSmutOn rated it it was amazing
LOVE IT: check the full review (shameless self promotion) http://getyoursmuton.com/2015/08/27/r...
Tina Wickham duckwald
Aug 27, 2015 Tina Wickham duckwald rated it it was amazing
This series is becoming one of my favorites and book three just keeps me wanting more. I enjoy the characters and watching their relationships unfold. A good mix of humor,romance,drama and some very sexy scenes. These are not stand-alones so you must read the first two books. It's a fun and sexy read and I can't wait for book four.

I was given an arc of this series in exchange for an honest review.
Terri Barngrover
Sep 03, 2015 Terri Barngrover rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series until now! I can't even wait to find out how this all works out!
Jodi
Aug 28, 2015 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Amazing story! Loved it from the start all the way to the end.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for your interest in me and my work. I hope everyone enjoys my characters as much as I do. They are all so delightful in their own way. So, about me, I'm a twenty something Okie girl who has a husband, three children, and some really awesome friends who work as my Beta Girls. I have a Bachelors degree in English Lit, minoring in Sociology. I've always wanted to b ...more
More about S.J. Sawyer...