Start by marking “Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady, #3)

Fix Your Makeup (Like A Lady #3)

Fix Your Makeup is the third part of the Like A Lady serial. Please read Big Girl Panties first and Hide Your Crazy second, as this cannot be read as a stand alone.

It’s a summer fling; just keep telling yourself that and you’ll be alright. This thing with Mason Pierce, it’s just a fling, something fun to pass the time. He’s a rebound from the disastrous breakup, a band-aid
ebook
Published 2015

To ask other readers questions about Fix Your Makeup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix Your Makeup

S.J. Sawyer
Jul 25, 2015 S.J. Sawyer rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Who is ready for the third installment of the Like A Lady serial? Ready for more Mason Pierce?
Michelle
Jul 25, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
The most anticipated book in the series so far. I chewed off almost 3 fingernails and my stomach was in knots. Wondering & wondering, if IT was going to happen. Waiting...and waiting...There is so much communication that is needed between characters, so much that is going to happen when Summer comes to an end. Throw in a surprise couple and then, we are needing more!! Just when I thought these characters couldn't get any more interesting. LOVE this series & SJ Sawyer!!
DJ Sakata
Jul 26, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult
Favorite Quotes:

“It’s been a long damned grudge. Congratulations on hatred well played, but let’s just put it behind us and move on.”

“How do people just know this stuff? Like, is there a class where you can go and learn how to size people up? Do they pull certain kids aside during school and teach them these things while the rest of us sit in history learning about Abraham Lincoln?”

“You’ve ruined me, Mason Pierce. The way you make my heart race and my blood pound through my veins, God, I know th
Melissa Mendoza
Jul 25, 2015 Melissa Mendoza rated it really liked it
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“He moves, fast as lightning. Mason goes for the smashed cupcake on my jaw, but instead of licking it off in one quick swipe of his tongue, he plays with me, toying with the sensitive skin right below my ear. His lips kiss and caress ;while his tongue laps at the stiffened frosting, driving me straight to distraction. I can’t think, can’t focus, can't remember what i was saying, thinking.”

4 stars!! I loved this third installment of the series!! Sup
Tracey
Aug 17, 2015 Tracey rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed the dynamics between the characters in the series. Like most relationships there are communication problems or they just decide to be mad or to blame the easiest scapegoat. That is definitely not the best resolution to many issues. Some characters don't divulge relationships they want to have or maybe are in with those closest to them. They feel they are sparing their feelings but it creates more tension when such involvements come to light.

I was hoping that this book woul
Tina Morgan
Aug 16, 2015 Tina Morgan rated it it was amazing
Oh sweet baby Jesus, this book is 5 freaking stars!! I love this series so hard,it's quickly becoming one of my all time favorite's. If you love books that will have you laughing your a$$ off one page and crying the next and then throw in some hot scenes then this is definitely a series for you! I think that Ms.Sawyer could write a dozen of these books and I would read them.
This book continues from the others. Red and Mason are still continues their "summer fling" and learning different things
Caro J Roberts
Aug 17, 2015 Caro J Roberts rated it it was amazing
"You'll be leaving soon, and when you are gone, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I just keep thinking, and thinking, and it is running through my head. You've ruined me, Mason Pierce. The way you make my heart race and my blood pound through my veins, God, I know that I'll never feel like that again, and I'm scared. Scared of it all."

This is the third book in the Like A Lady series; the third instalment of Red and Mason's story. It was so amazing I didn't want it to end, but sadly it did and
Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks
Jul 25, 2015 Leanne 2GirlsWhoLoveBooks rated it really liked it
Best of the 3 books in this series so far by miles!
I absolutely adore Mason in this book. He had me smiling almost all the way through. I love how much he loves Red! It's so blooming sweet.
I have been waiting on tender hooks for the secrets to be revealed and honestly, I thought we were never going to get there. The majority of this book is the usual light hearted, fun loving, young love story we have come to expect from this bunch of young adults. Then BAM, out of the blue it all goes tits up!
JC (Jen)
Aug 21, 2015 JC (Jen) rated it it was amazing
Red and Mason are in my top 5 favorite characters of all time, I love them (And all the other characters too!)! Fix Your Makeup will not disappoint, I have been very impatiently waiting to get my hands on this book and once I had it I could not put it down. It's just that good! The Like A Lady Series is one of my favorites and I cannot wait to read more! Way to go S.J. you nailed it again <3 If you haven't started this series yet what are you waiting for? You. Will. Love. It. <3
Jackie
Aug 16, 2015 Jackie rated it it was amazing
I just love Red and Mason! I finished this in one day, hoping to get some closure, but that didn't happen yet! I love this series and all the characters. I'm hoping all the characters get books as well:) I'm from a small town, so I can relate to a lot of the stuff in this series. I love some small town stories!
Michelle carter
Aug 24, 2015 Michelle carter rated it it was amazing
Fix your makeup by S.J. Sawyer is absolutely fantastic! Just like every book I've read from the "Like a Lady series." The characters are so wonderful you can't help but love them, you have Mason Pierce, Scarlett (Red) Summers, Mary Lou Parsons, Monroe Calhoun, and you meet more along their summer journey, with Melanie Pierce, Mason's sister & Cash, Mary Lou's brother. This story is taking place in the summer and summer is almost over! I would recommend you read the books in order starting wi ...more
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Aug 07, 2015 Maria "Rosie" Poli rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying that “I am in love with Mason”. He is hot, sweet and loving. The characters in this series are a good group; they have known each other since they were kids. So they know everything about each other, but yet there are secrets. Then you have the other side, the mean girls and the jerk ex-boyfriend. But, they all play their role in the story.

“Mason only has a couple of more weeks before he has to get back to Norman for the start of fall training. His life has to return t
Emily
Aug 30, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Red Summers is finally getting a chance with her longtime crush, Mason Pierce. Her life has been a bit of a roller coaster with finding out her best friend was dating her man and the breakup that ensued. Now Red is getting close and finding herself even more infatuated with Mason Pierce. It should be fun and light but something is being kept from Red that could destroy everything.

I had not read the first two books, while I was able to figure out what had happened I think it would be beneficial t
Rebecca Austin
Jan 29, 2017 Rebecca Austin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-sassy
This book is the third one in the Like A Lady Series and the books need to be read in order.

Scarlett "Red" Summers is enjoying her summer fling with Mason Pierce but she realizes how deep her feelings really are. She has managed to make amends with his sister, Melanie, over an issue in high school that left the former best friends fighting.

Yet as Mason and Red realize how deep their feelings are for each other, secrets are revealed that leave Red shattered and will she be able to pick up the pi
DJ Sakata
Dec 23, 2015 DJ Sakata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

Stephenee
Oct 22, 2015 Stephenee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

This is an amazing series by author S. J. Sawyer, however, Fix Your Makeup is the third part of the Like A Lady serial and you must read Big Girl Panties first and Hide Your Crazy second, as this one cannot be read as a stand alone. It wouldn't make much sense to the reader to just jump in at this one. I am not usually a fan of a series that is like this, but the Like A Lady books are so well written, so fun and funny and such a good read
Kristi
Sep 22, 2016 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Red and Mason are getting better in part 3 of a 4 part series by S.J. Sawyer. In part 3 Red and Mason are having fun and learning that they love each other. There's laughter, comedy and sex.

I just couldn't put part 3 down. Can't wait to read part 4 to find out what happens in the end.

I reviewed this for KFA.
Badass Bloggettes
Aug 31, 2015 Badass Bloggettes rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Like a Lady series by the talented S.J Sawyer.
I would suggest reading the other books in the series first before you read this as it will give you an insight into the characters in here which I found so much easier rather than trying to figure out who everyone was.

This is the next instalment for Mason and Red.

These two are so sweet, they have major crushes on each other that stem back to when they were kids but were always too scared to do something about it. Well w
Maria "Rosie" Poli
I want to start by saying that “I am in love with Mason”. He is hot, sweet and loving. The characters in this series are a good group; they have known each other since they were kids. So they know everything about each other, but yet there are secrets. Then you have the other kids, the mean girls and the jerk ex-boyfriend. But, they all play their role in the story.

Amy Shelton
Nov 22, 2015 Amy Shelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

5/5 (Exceptional)

*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest
review.*

Ahh, okay, I must address this first, this book ends with one HECK of a cliff
hanger. S.J. Sawyer, what are you doing to your readers?!?!?! *sigh* Okay, so
the book was incredible, absolutely fun, sweet, sexy in places, and then
BOOM! Get book four ready before you read book three. You'll thank me!

As you probably already know, t
Sara Miller
Aug 31, 2015 Sara Miller rated it it was amazing
In Part 3 of this amazing serial we see just how Girl Code works haha. Mel is still holding a grudge at the beginning of the book and results in a funny run in with Red. Which leads to another one of Mary Lou's hilerious outbursts which basically boils down to Small town living (within minutes any public spectacle will be talked about all over town within seconds of it happening)

Gradually though Red and Mel make up and everything is right with the world once again! Or is it? . . . Cash might ha
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
Good lord these people bed hop alot. Thet all sleep with each other at some point in time.
Lynn Stookes
Aug 11, 2015 Lynn Stookes rated it it was amazing
S.J. did it again. Every time she manages to amaze me. Fix Your Makeup definitely didn't let me down. It had it all. Laughs. Love. Sex. From the start you are pulled in with the humor and complete realness of the characters. You can completely relate to one or more of them. Mason is one of my favorite book boyfriends with his sweet southern charm and I'm jealous of Red on a regular basis. Mary Lou is up to even more shenanigans which has me laughing the entire time.

Lots of major information is r
Joani Hartin
Wait until it's cheaper--and edited.....

This is part 3 of an OK story (I've read all three), BUT:

1. I'm kind of getting tired of paying $12-15 to read the Kindle edition of a whole book. By the time I pay $3-4 per part, it's an expensive book. And not worth it, in my opinion. This isn't WAR AND PEACE, for pity's sake. Just write the darn book. And
2. I understand why self-publishing is attractive to writers, but this author (among others) needs an editor--badly. There are extensive grammar errors
Melody Grabeel
Aug 28, 2015 Melody Grabeel rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Like a Lady Series, you need to read the other 2 before this one.
As Red and Mason continue to enjoy their time together, the black cloud on the horizon continues to approach. Red fears her newfound relationship with Mason will end with his return to school. She continues to battle with herself over her growing feelings for Mason.
Mason knows what he wants, the same thing he's always wanted and that's a future with Red. Dreading his return to school as he won't be able
Shelley Jarin
Aug 27, 2015 Shelley Jarin rated it really liked it
Mason & Red. I love these two ever since i read the first book in the series. Don't know why these two is so oblivious of how they feel for each other but they just fit together. Love all the fun bunch of friends in the book and i'm so envious of their summer adventures. Though i somehow knew that what Mason has done in the past will somehow bite him in the ass.

This is the first time that i have read SJ Sawyer's books. I got hooked in the series looking for the next one and i think i'll be l
Sassy Southern
Jul 25, 2015 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 31, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
WOW! I'm totally in love and addicted to this series, and ready for #4 NOW!

Fix Your Makeup is part 3 of this addicting serial. You must read 1 and 2 first to understand what's going on. In this one, we get to see how Red and Mason deal with the fact that, no matter how much they tell themselves it's only a summer fling, they are totally in love with each other. S.J. Sawyer's characters are very well developed and seriously easy to relate to. They are so freakin hilarious that I can't stop laughi
Cynthia Tatum reichel
Book three is more heartache and seeing if their relationship is just a summer fling or something that will last. Most of the book Red is fighting her feelings and not sure if it is a summer fling or true love. She has made up her mind she is going to OU but she needs to tell her best friend and also Mason. She is not sure how they are going to take it. She makes up with Mason's sister and they forgave each other. At the end of the book S.J takes the book a turn for the worst and leaves us with ...more
Melissa
Aug 31, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
A Fun, Sweet and Sexy Read
This is a great read. The writing is amazing. I was sucked in right away and did not want to put it down. I love the author's style and voice. The humor is terrific and the characters are totally great. They are very interesting and entertaining. The author takes us on an emotional ride with laughter, and tears welling up and the feeling that you want to throw your kindle at the wall. I was carried along with the story needing to know what was coming next, and I am stil
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Hello, everyone! Thank you so much for your interest in me and my work. I hope everyone enjoys my characters as much as I do. They are all so delightful in their own way. So, about me, I'm a twenty something Okie girl who has a husband, three children, and some really awesome friends who work as my Beta Girls. I have a Bachelors degree in English Lit, minoring in Sociology. I've always wanted to b ...more
More about S.J. Sawyer...

Like A Lady (3 books)
  • Big Girl Panties (Like A Lady #1)
  • Hide Your Crazy (Like A Lady, #2)