Start by marking “Fractured Affections” as Want to Read:

(Affections #1)

I'm finally living a life worth living. I have three handsome sons and a husband that would take on the world for me. All the trials I faced in the past seem like a distant memory. I overcame my depression from growing up in a broken home and moved past a shattered heart from my first love. It took time, but I made it through.

Three knocks on my door.
One surprise visit.
One
Published October 22nd 2015 by self published

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Affections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Affections

Carissa
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-s-2015
I battled tremendously with this rating and review. It's always difficult for me to rate a book poorly. Especially when I understand an author's hard work and dedication. Sweat, tears and joy. Anger and frustration at times.

In my attempt to not give the story away, I will be as honest as possible. This in no way reflects negatively on the author. Every reader has different tastes. This book simply wasn't for me.

Initially, I loved the premise of the book. The way I felt connected to the heroine
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "Elizabeth Wills" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Fractured Affections
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Wills
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 22nd, 2015

MY RATING:

**༻This is my first time reading something by this author༺**

I have three handsome sons,
Dylan He is the oldest of the boys at ten years old.
Then there is Max who is seven
And Colt is five.

And a husband that would take on the world for me.
Almost elven years o
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
***3.5 Stars***
Reagan has the perfect life. With her three kids and loving husband, Dalton, she has a peaceful life. But she has not had it easy in the past. Her first love, Striker, left her to join the military and she had to glue the pieces of her broken heart back together. Battling a broken heart and depression, she managed to stand on her own two feet with Dalton's help. The three of them were really close growing up. Her husband's love is strong and unwavering, but when Striker returns, e
Vanessa
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY, a book about ACTUAL young adults NOT teens!! I loved this book and the characters are so relatable too! Elizabeth Wills really captures the INTENSE intimacy and desire that comes with a strong marriage built on REAL love. She takes the reader right into the life of this amazing couple that battles anxiety, broken pasts, past loves, strained friendships, kids and then some! It's all there, life at it's best and worst! She even puts in an exciting twist! There is nothing this book doesn't ...more
Amy
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Wills

Reagan Knowles, mom to Dylan age 10, Max age 7, and Colt age 5. Wife to Dalton Knowles who is a gorgeous and caring husband; a man who built a business to provide for his family; a man who worships his wife, his boys and is forever grateful for his life.

Striker, dealt a crap hand losing his parents at a young age. He was fortunate that his cousins family took him in. He was troubled but Dalton and Striker were inseparable. As kids running the woods lo
Jen Wildner
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot of books. And I always like when I get to read one that is different, flawlessly written. Fractured Affections falls into this category. There aren't too many words I can put out here describing this book without doing it justice. You know those big roller coasters? The ones with the multiple hills and loops? Yeah, those right there, that's this story. You go from one emotion barreling into the next. Elizabeth will make you laugh out loud and then the next page you want to scream. Y ...more
April
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you want to read a book that captivates you from beginning to end, this is your book! Every character is likable and you can relate to a lot of situations in the book. I can't wait to continue reading more of their story! The up and coming Elizabeth Wills is definitely an author you will want on your book shelves!
Lisa
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review....

The story line in this book had me captured from the first page. I felt what Reagan felt, and I could relate to her situation because I felt like I knew her. The author did a great job developing these characters, and for her first book that ability was very impressive. I can honestly say that while there was not really a cliffhanger per se, the ending was pretty abrupt. I wanted more, (Which is a good thing) but I am glad to kn
Renee Kennedy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fractured Affections by Elizabeth Wills isn't your typical romance. It's better! It has layers of romance, on deep emotional levels that will still have you thinking about it days later.

In Wills debut book, Fractured Affections, I think readers will have to digest what they read, before they understand the true unselfish intimacy between the husband and wife. She has done a marvelous job at writing complex characters. She unraveled them and keep me hooked in this book from page one.

To me, Wills
D.L. Gallie
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Elizabeth Wills book and I can say it will not be my last, even though she made me cry.
Fracture Affections is extremely well written, the characters are all so loveable, the story is so real and it keeps you guessing right till the end, I cannot wait for the next one.
Melissa
Great book by my favorite new author! A love story with lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing. You can't help but fall in love with the characters. Just when you think you have it figured out you realize it's all about to change. Sit back, relax and enjoy Fractured Affections.
EscapeNBooks
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Guest Review by Tammy Cole

This is Elizabeth Wills' debut novel and let me tell you this book is so good!!!

Reagan and Dalton have been married for 10 years and have three young boys. Dalton loves Reagan unconditionally and Reagan battles with major depression and self-confidence issues. What I really loved about this book was that even though Reagan dealt with severe depression, she was determined to work through her problems for her and her family. In my eyes, Reagan was such a strong a
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
This book deals with severe depression, self-harming, and abandonment issues if any of these thing will set off a trigger please do not read this book, it is not for you. This book also contains a major cliffhanger.
This is the first book I read written by Ms. Wills and I really enjoyed the story.
Reagan has the perfect life as an adult. With her three kids and loving husband, Dalton, she has a peaceful life. But she has not had it easy in the past with abandonment issues and suffering from depre
Donna Porter
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reagan, Dalton, and Striker were best friends from the time they were young. Reagan and Dalton were only a year apart in age but Striker was a few years older than them. On Reagan's eighteenth birthday Striker planned a surprise for her. He had always had feelings for her and he waited until she was old enough to let her know how he felt. He was glad when he found out she had always felt a connection to him, also. They started to see one another and he promised he would never leave her. Dalton w ...more
Dayreader Reviews
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fractured Affections by Elizabeth Wills is an exceptionally well written debut novel. She has captured a wonder array of emotions and described them in vivid detail.
Fractured Affections is a slightly different love story, it’s a love that has stood the test of time and is selfless. It’s the kind of love that one person’s happiness is more important than your own.
From the beginning of Fractured Affections, you get the feeling that something is going on, just beneath the surface. The emotional anx
Naughty Book Blog
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was light on the naughty but hard on the emotions, with an undercurrent of sexual tension that's going to leave your entire body pulsating with need and frustration. Probably because that's exactly what Regan and Striker are feeling, and well if you're anything like me, that shit is contagious. The foreshadowing of things to come left me an anxious mess, and even though I suspected the secret that was to come, it broke my heart all the same. Be forewarned, there is a cliffhanger and it ...more
Kathy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that I could not put this book down! I needed to know what would happen with these characters. If I read a book, I want to be immediately drawn to the characters or I lose interest. With this book, these characters became like old friends. I am not a very fast reader and I finished this book in a few days. Now, I am waiting for the rest of the story to unfold. This is a great debut novel and I cannot wait to read more from this author.
Brittney Green
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! It kept my interest peaked through the entire book and I fell in love with the characters. I feel emotionally invested with this story and can't wait for the next book to come out to see what happens next. Elizabeth Wills is my new favorite author and I can't wait to see what else she comes out with! Everyone should read this!!
Sassy Bama Girl
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fractured Affections by Elizabeth Wills blew me away! I love romance novels, but this one was different. It was a deeper emotional connection than most. This isn't a fluff book! This one will leave you thinking about it- what if I were in that same in the same situation. I can't hardly believe it's her first book!
Karen Hrdlicka
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great debut novel by Elizabeth Wills. Great characters and the developing backstory is sure to hook the reader. The heartbreak of the past will need to be overcome to survive the heartbreak of the future. A great family centered angsty read the will definitely leave you wanting more. Keep your eye on this author, she has great creativity and style.
Shannon White
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing read from start to finish. The author gives you a glimpse into the past and has wonderful character development. The emotions I went through while reading this!! I really can't wait to read more!!
Michelle Phillips
Wow! Elizabeth Wills is a new-to-me author, and I’m hooked! This story was so beautiful with the pain from Rea and Striker about their past struggles, and then my heart broke for Dalton... Can’t wait to dive into Mended Affections to see how the story unfolds!!
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty

description

Reagan, Dalton and Striker became best friends when they were younger. This lasted most of their young lives. Reagan came from a broken home and found she could be herself with Dalton and Striker. Striker lost his parents at a young age, went to live with his cousin Dalton, and found a great friendship with Reagan and Dalton.

You never realize what you have lost until it is too late sometimes. This is exactly what happens to Reagan. On her 18th birthday Striker finally tells her how he feels and
Stephenee
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I received an ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

This is author Elizabeth Wills' debut novel and it is an amazing one! She really gives off the vibe of a much more seasoned author. If I didn't know any better then I would have assumed that this was more like her 5th, 6th or even higher novel. I am already looking forward to the next book by this author!

The author does an amazing job with the characters. I felt like I knew Reagan in real life. I could relate to her pain, her panic attacks
1-Click Addict Support Group
The blurb alone had me intrigued—something told me this was not going to be an ordinary love story. And, my goodness, was I right on that! Never would I have imagined everything else that was about to occur!!

I loved seeing how Dalton loved his wife dearly, yet I could tell he was keeping secrets from her and I figured whatever it was it had to be life changing. I, of course, started thinking through every scenario possible and kept coming back to one in particular, but I was SO WRONG!!

Then, the
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
4.5 Stars

This is my first Elizabeth Wills book and it won't be my last. I really liked this book and was hooked from the beginning. I really didn't want to put it down to go to bed. My heart was breaking for the lost love that was experienced and the misunderstandings that caused life to go a completely different way. But maybe perhaps that is what fate had in store for them. I would say that I predicted what happens in this book but it was still very enjoyable. Reagan tends to be on the needy s
Fiction  Vixens Blog
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the debut novel for author Elizabeth Wills. This love story has true heart heartache ,and unconditional with some twists. Reagan has the perfect life with three loving children "sons" and a loving husband, Dalton, and her life is peaceful. But her past hasn't been easy, her first love Striker, left her for the military and it broke for heart so bad, that she had to work to put it back together . Well battling the pain of her heart and depression, she managed to survive and learned to sta ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the writing style, storyline, characters and Dalton!!!!
This is book one in a series and wow what a good start to a series this really is, the blurb instantly grabbed my attention so I had to find out more and its about adults.

Reagan is a mother to three boys - Dylan, Max and Colt and a loving wife to Dalton, who by the way is completely in love with his wife and children and works his socks off to provide a good life for them, so why has he been keeping secrets from his wife?

Striker was
Go DeArt
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blended families are almost a norm in our society today. Elizabeth Wills navigates this complex union of characters in FRACTURED AFFECTIONS, blending the character's shared history in a tasteful but tantalizing way. Romances past and present are smoldering but tastefully injected into the storyline with ease and grace. I came to love the mystery surrounding why people tell untruths to protect the people they love. Truth is the basis for trust, a delicate balance, but Wills skillfully handles thi ...more
Sylvia
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review...
For a debut book...I think this book is wonderful!! It has a great story line and wonderful characters. Reagan, Dalton and Stryker were friends from childhood. Dalton and Reagan married while Stryker went off to the army not to heard from again, until one day he shows up on their doorstep by the request of Dalton. As to where i don't want to give to much of this book away, the three of them have a lot to work out between them and you find out why he w
« previous 1 3 next »
Elizabeth Wills was born in Maryland. She married her high school sweetheart and they are now raising two spunky boys. When she's not writing, she's working her full-time job in radiology, raising her two boys and watching her oldest play baseball. Elizabeth has a passion for a good love triangle, with a HEA. She usually falls for the underdog. Elizabeth writes second chance contemporary romance. ...more

Affections (3 books)
  • Mended Affections (Affections, #2)
  • Fighting My Affections (Affections, #3)