Start by marking “Flirting with Fire (Colorado Heartthrobs, #1; Noble Pass Affaire)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Fire (Colorado Heartthrobs, #1; Noble Pass Affaire)

Flirting with Fire

(Colorado Heartthrobs #1)

All work and no play has left hunky firefighter Cole Castillo’s poetic soul floundering. Contrary to his meddling sister’s fairy-tale wishes, romance is the last thing he deserves, and a week-long getaway at a luxurious mountain resort won’t atone for the grievous mistake that haunts him.

He’s ready to bail. Until he finds a sexy little number jumping on the bed
ebook
Published September 15th 2015 (first published August 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Fire

Start your review of Flirting with Fire (Colorado Heartthrobs, #1; Noble Pass Affaire)
Emily Allen
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Flirting with Fire

Take two medaling friends, one medaling sister and a crazy ex-girlfriend and you have an enjoyable afternoon read where two people find their true happiness.

Flirting with Fire is a story of one woman’s journey of finding her true self and a man realizing that he does deserve happiness. At a mountain resort with a little help from her friends, Ivy Bradford tries to get over her many issues. At the same mountain resort Cole Castillo’s meddling sister sets him up for
Josie Matthews
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Misty Dietz has captured my heart in Flirting with Fire with the sizzling story of a damaged soul in firefighter Cole Castillo as he meets his redemption in a spitfire schoolteacher, Ivy Bradford. This book will have you riding high through a roller coaster of emotions as these two battle their pasts, their present and their future in a beautiful castle resort in Denver. This is a must read for that feel good vibe only Misty Dietz can deliver time after time.
loves 2 read romance
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of this book for review.
I adore this book. I am a huge fan of firefighters as a rule so I was excited for this one. Cole is the absolute perfect book boyfriend! He is considerate, sweet, honest, and let's not forget sexy!! I did say sexy right? His sister entered him in a contest for a week of relaxation which he needs but she forgot to mention he would have a roommate.
Ivy is awesome. She is a fourth grade teacher who wants to do a documentary for her students. Sh
Staci
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ivy and Cole are thrown together for a week when their family and friends each secretly enter them in a contest to win a week at Castle Alainn. Neither one realizes it is essentially a week long blind date. Cole is fighting demons caused by losing his best friend when they were both fighting a fire. Ivy is fighting a different kind of demon, her parents. She's always tried to be their perfect child, but they have little time for what they see as her faults. Throw in his psycho ex-girlfriend and ...more
Sue
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novella! Misty Dietz writes a flowing tale filled with humor and realistic emotions in Flirting With Fire.

Cole and Ivy are a great hero and heroine. Both of them have been pretending to be something they're not, and this week away could give them both the chance to just be who they really are. I liked the idea of suite mates in Flirting With Fire...it could prove disastrous or it could be more than either of them hoped for. Ivy and Cole end up being able to rela
Rebecca
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book for many reasons ,firstly it's well written ,with humour,compassion and honesty. The characters Ivy and Cole are genuinely lovable but also like the rest of us fallible,it's great that they are always honest with each other .
The story is set at Alainn Castle in October during Oktoberfest ,Ivy and Cole have both won their stay and both are slightly reluctant when they find out they have to share a suite with someone else,but with a little help decide to give it a go.It's great
Katie
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st of the noble pass affaire novella I have read and I can not wait to read the rest. Normally I don't care for novellas because they are to short and I don't feel like a connect with the characters.  OMG was I wrong with this book. I LOVE Cole and Ivy. Misty Dietz does a great job making you feel as if you know the characters and are on this journey with them with none of the down time of a full length book. She gives you the right about of back story and emotional ties to the char ...more
Greta
Aug 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
This book was awesome! It had everything from funny to honesty. The characters were amazing. This is the third book I have read so far in this series. Although they have different stories. The one thing in common is fate. We never know what's in store in life. Misty is another new author to me. I love her style of writing. I'm looking forward to more of her stories. I highly recommend this book!
Mistie
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This was my introduction to Noble Pass and I really enjoyed myself!

Ivy is a gutsy, sassy and feisty woman! When I grow up I want to be like her. She musters up the courage to try to overcome her fears and lives a life that's inspired by the world around her. She's even inspired by 4th graders so you know she has guts and courage.

Cole is a no-nonsense firefighter who, like most firefighters, lives his life with honor and d
Rih
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Flirting with Fire" is a delightful, funny and heartwarming romantic story. Cole is a Cuban American firefighter hotter than fire with the hallmark sign of husband material written all over him. Serious, responsible, protective, loyal, dependable, tall, dark, handsome, and a family guy but he has no time to be happy. Ivy is a beautiful all American girl next door who embraces life with a happy face facade in which she hides herself except when around her fourth grade students for who she is fre ...more
Nikki Brooks
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First book in the Noble Pass Affaire series, but you can read them in any order.

Ivy is a kindergarten teacher. She is the epitome of the good girl but this doesn't seem to be good enough for her parents. Both high-flying academics, they look down at her chosen career. Her friends are her family now but she may just disown them- they've set her up for a week in a resort competition. One slight problem... they didn't mention the suite mate she had to share with.

Cole is a fi
ScarlettReader
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved getting to know Ivy and Cole! This story is funny, honest, and scorching hot!! These two characters have wonderful back stories and add so much to each other's lives. It sounds cliche, but they really do fit together like two pieces of a puzzle.

Ms. Dietz does a fabulous job of showing both their strengths and vulnerabilities to make them seem very human and realistic. I can't wait to read more Noble Pass stories!
Crystal
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. This is the fourth novella that I have read in the "A Noble Pass Affair" series. As with all the stories so far, it was a fun read and the chemistry between Ivy and Cole was great. The story flowed well and was very well written. It is a very quick read and very enjoyable.

I highly recommend this novella for anyone who is looking for a sexy, quick, fun read.

I was given a copy for a honest review.
Greta Branas
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had everything and had me turning the page. You will fall in love with the characters! I highly recommend this book!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

When Cole and Ivy are thrown together for a week, neither is expecting their immediate attraction. Ivy wants to act upon it, with no strings attached, and Cole wants to push her away. They both have issues - his born of losing his best friend and fellow firefighter while on the job, and her because of her snobby parents whose expectations are lofty and not inline with Ivy's more down to the earth and humble goals, to become a teacher. So that they actually give into their attraction is kinda sur
Hbeebti
This was ok. It was a short sweet romance. But it wasn't anything new or exciting. It was just eh. It wasn't bad but I wasn't blown away either. Overall if you are looking for a short sweet read this might work for you. I just need more substance.
Jen_C
Having to stop reading so I could lookup all the Spanish phrases on a translation site was frustrating.
Nicole Smith
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. The elementary school teacher and the fireman. Cole is still battling with losing a squad member. He takes care of everyone, but who takes care of him? Ivy is a parent pleaser, but her one rebellion is her career. I love how animated and passionate she is about her students. Though Cole and Ivy didn't originally want to go along with this plan of staying at the castle they learn it's the best decision they've ever made. Right from the get go this book has you snared wi ...more
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Holy smokes I loved this book. Fast paced and smoking hot. I love when the writing is so smooth the story just flows and you can't put it down. That's exactly how Flirting with Fire was. The characters were really well developed, especially considering this is a fairly short story. I never felt like I was being rushed or short changed in content.

Cole was a hot fireman bogged down with so much guilt. He was a stand-up guy that was taking care of an ill mother and siblings since his fa
Shan ~ A ~
Cole Castillo is a firefighter dealing with guilt and grief after losing a friend on the job. Due to this he has decided that he doesn't deserve anything good in his life.

This is also a man who has had to deal with a lot of tragic things in his life, and who has managed to persevere and take the responsibility of taking care of his family.

Ivy Bradford is a fourth grade teacher with a few issues of her own. She hides all her feelings and basically her whole self behind a mask that she has perfe
Jen
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great story, I loved reading this book. Ivy and Cole have been signed up for a contest and win by the people in their lives who love them dearly and want to see them happy. Neither one of them is on board with this idea of a week's vacation rooming with a stranger. How else does one make a decision, make a bet and see who wins. Even though this is supposed to be a week of relax and enjoy life as well as one another's company, life is just not ready to let that happen. This was a great, en ...more
Kim
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I obtained this free e-book from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing a review. I love this fun almost carefree read and the strong likeable characters in it. Ivy is a fourth grade school teacher much to her over achieving parents displeasure. She is a people pleaser hiding behind her fun never serious no strings attached attitude to protect herself from getting too close to someone and being hurt. Cole is a fireman who is the total opposite of Ivy. He is the caretaker for his family after his fa ...more
Christine Garza
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read from Misty Dietz. Cole is a firefighter roped into a vacation at a resort. While there he meets Ivy a school teacher and roommate. What begins as friendship quickly becomes something more neither expected. Flirting with Fire is filled with humorous wit, a sweet firefighter, a sassy school teacher, laughter, drama, romance, and love. This is a must read captivating story that readers won't want to put down. This was the first book I've read from Misty Dietz and I absolut ...more
Penny Ellgass
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ivy a 4th grade teacher wins a one week vacation at a mountain resort, she needs a vacation.
Cole lost his father at 16 and has helped his I'll mother take care of his 3 siblings since. He is a firefighter, he lost his best friend about 6 months ago when they were rescuing 3 kids from a house fire and has not been the same since. His sister entered hi. In this contest he won and he is here under protese.
Join them on their week of adventure as they get to know own each other and enjoy the v
Pelusa Rivera
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love fire fighters and was excited to read this one and it did not disappoint, the story line was a little different and that also had a plus sign in the column. So we meet Cole (sigh) sexy and sweet could you ask for anything more and luckily he met Ivy a sweet school teacher and even though they were not trying to start anything as they were starting to spend time feeling and situations changed..Grab a copy my friends and enjoy!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Barbara
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book one in the Colorado Heartthrobs series a well written book. School teacher Ivy Bradford and firefighter Cole Castillo’s story has a lot of things these two have to come to grips with before they can get their happy ending. I bought this book back in 2017 and then did not read it until now, I wish I had done so before today. I want to read the other books in this series. I recommend this book.
Angela Boone
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Enough Heat

Wanting to meet a hot troubled fire fighter or a sappy too-sweet teacher? This one's for you! Too good to be true? Maybe, maybe not! Things get really hot when they find each other, though!
‘Sup?
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This reminds me why I rarely read contemporary romances anymore... it's not that the book or characters or anything are bad per se, everything's just so inane that it rubs me the wrong way and I'd rather spend my time reading something with more substance.
Eyvette Abreu
Liked it.

Cole Castillo, firefighter
Ivy Bradford, schoolteacher

They have both won a stay at Alainn Castle, but had no idea they would be sharing a suite with each other.
Cole wants to take off, but Ivy makes him a bet. If she can win a bratwurst eating contest he will stay.

Highly recommend if you are looking for a quick, sexy read. The heat level between Cole and Ivy is hot!
Aubrey
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I want Ivy to be my friend. She was such a fun character to read about. And Cole was the perfect man for her.

• Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • The Road Leads Back (Stonehill #1)
  • Unforeseen (Unspoken, #3)
  • Ignite The Spark Between Us (Searing Saviors #4)
  • Running From A Rock Star (Brides on the Run, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Stonehill #2)
  • The Forgotten Path (Stonehill #3)
  • The Homecoming (White Oak #1)
  • Save This Dance (A Day By Day Series Book 1)
  • Be Supportive (Escaping the Friend Zone, #1)
  • Finding His Guys (Benson Brothers, #2)
  • As You Turn Away (The Walker Boys #1)
  • No Good Doctor
  • Jessica's Wish (Stonehill #4)
  • Cowgirl Fever (Novak Springs #1)
  • War of the Roses (The Flower Shop Sisters #0.5)
  • The Dating Game (Alphalicious Billionaires, #5)
  • The Thunder Rolls (Dawson Brothers, #8)
Misty Dietz loves her man, her kids, kayaking, and Dean Winchester (oh yeah, Supernatural fans unite!). She writes romance, but she reads anything she can get her hands on, usually with her fur baby on her lap.

She spends her days writing sexy, adrenaline-fueled stories, enjoying family and friends, and praying her children don't come home with math homework.

Colorado Heartthrobs (2 books)
  • Tango & Lace (Colorado Heartthrobs, #2; The Hard Men of the Rockies)