Start by marking “Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four - The Complete Collection” as Want to Read:
Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four - The Complete Collection

Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four - The Complete Collection

(Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Complete Collection #4)

The endlessly surprising saga of superhero dystopia inspired by the hit video game continues! This action-packed graphic novel collects the entirety of the fourth year of the now-legendary Injustice: Gods Among Us saga.

When Superman and the Justice League declared themselves the ultimate authority on planet Earth, only Batman stood against them--but now Batman is
Published January 29th 2019 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Injustice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Injustice

Start your review of Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four - The Complete Collection
Richard
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Batman has lost so many teammates in the war against Superman's regime. But as we all know, Batman never quits and he always has a back-up plan to his back-up plans! And this time, his plan is to recruit the Gods themselves. Bruce makes a deal with the Ares to involve the Gods of Olympus in a dirty plan to manipulate Wonder Woman's loyalties and turn her against Clark. Oh, Bruce, you sneaky bastard!

The writing in this series seemed to step down a notch in this installment. It's messier and more
Manisha
Actual review: 3.75

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Year Four, a summary:

Superhero v. Superhero
Superhero v. God
God v. God
(insert epic battle followed by a quick chat)
Superhero v. Superhero

I say they can't get bigger than this but...
Cheese
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I must admit DC ave knocked it out the park with this series.

It’s constantly kept me guessing.
Jess at JessicaWrites.co.uk
This might just be my favourite one out of the series?!? It was honestly batshit but I love me some Greek mythology.
Eldon Farrell
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I have to say when compared to the previous three volumes, this one is lacking in something. The conflict that set the first volumes apart seems to have waned as more and more characters are tossed into the story in an attempt to artificially prop up excitement. Sad to see such an epic concept go down that road.
Jorge Rosas
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
The plot is going nowhere, and we just keep getting these awesome fights against the regime, the resistance keeps getting defeated, but it was nice to re encounter a beloved group. I really hope that the next volume will have some plot development.
Koen
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Weeeeell, it didn't start as well as I would have hoped for, with some lousy interventions, but it got good/better along the way..
Still a very decent story seeing how it developed. Not going to spoil anything of course.
Just pick it up and see for yourself ;)
Hone Haapu
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tom Taylor reclaims a little kudos from me for stepping off this train wreck when it was still kinda good.
Alex E
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
With this volume, a new writer adds a new chapter to the Injustice story.

Buccellato throws the next logical adversary towards superman, since all else has failed: Gods. I very much enjoyed this chapter even if I did feel some of the story beats were a bit forced and/or strange. And by strange I mean that characters suddenly change their minds, act out of character, etc... This is mostly the God characters but overall, I enjoyed the series.

I very much enjoyed the dynamic that Wonder Woman has
Alexander Rivas
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
The downward spiral continues with the Greek Gods now getting involved with the power struggle in the name of "what is good for earth's citizens." It is funny how this series touches on a reality that most powerful leaders on earth believe that they are doing what is good for the people they lead. Leaders make decisions that seem unethical or against moral principles but justify those decisions as a sacrifice for the greater good. Even those who oppose those decisions are crossing ethical and ...more
Ushnav Shroff
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Third time was definitely the charm, however, with the involvement of the actual Gods in this year, Year Four was a convoluted mess - but one that was endearing. While this volume did not have the charm that fan-favorite yet messy Constantine had for me, it still managed to stretch out the story in a way that wasn't dragged or boring. There was something new around every corner, and to see the superheroes from the DC stable conversing and fighting with one another is indeed a dream come true ...more
Cappy
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
If you wanted to make the argument that this book’s plotting around the Ancient Greek pantheon (and other divine beings) was “too clever by a half,” I’d give you a fair hearing.

To me, though, their inclusion raises the stakes, adds some recognizable archetypes, and gives the character dynamics a really interesting spin. I though this was a long overdue return to the delight of Year One. I’m here for it.
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
In Year Four, the Gods come to town. Because what else do you do when you've worn out the battle between your main two hero factions? The volume is ... workmanlike. There's nothing at all wrong with it, other than somewhat shallow characterization. And, fighting the Gods this time is a kind of nice twist. But we've also been seeing this conflict for a while now, and there's not a lot new to it either.
Brandon Steven
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Again, it was better with just the run of the mill superheroes. It was interesting seeing Poseidon fight Aquaman and how the intervention of Zeus forced Wonder Woman to team hop a bit, but that was it.

Since volume 5 is the final volume, I'm hoping that means it will go back to more of Superman and the regime and Batman and the rogues just duking it out in the street.
Jay
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The consensus seems to be that there was a huge drop off from Taylor to Buccellato. While the first few issues did feel a little weak, it quickly picked up and returned to form. I guess I've never really looked at this title as anything more than a guilty pleasure, and year four still scratched that itch for me.
Krishnan Nair
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I can understand why a lot of people didn't like this volume. It's definitely very high on action and low on plot. But I found it enjoyable all the same. Not being very familiar with a lot of DC characters, it was nice to see the Greek gods represented.

I also liked the reference to the game near the end of the volume.
Corgi
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Generally good read. Not much closure / wrap up.

Generally a good read and have some background on some characters that I had missed. But had hoped to see Superman recognize the changes in his character and come to terms.
Rubin Carpenter
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
this story sadly is missing the writer who made it so good for the first 3 yrs this time it deteriorates into a muscle flexing shout match too much WWE and not enough DC for me still some shocking moments and plot twists but not enough real character development
Ethan Hulbert
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010s, author-male, comics
Still going strong, although it's starting to show some wear around the edges. There was a bit of "let's you and him fight" in this one. BUT: the old gods and the new gods interacting? That makes up for anything in my book. Seriously, Zeus and Highfather having a chat? Oh my god. I'm spoiled!
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the horrid Year Three Magic Mash-Up (I love DC's magic universe but this recent overlap-lunacy just sucks) it is good to see an almost return to form in the Year Four greek gods story arc.
3 to 4 stars.
Jakub
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, they did jump a shark. Gone are any traces of any moral quandaries, replaced by lightnings and ker-blams. Too bad. Will finish the series though.
Nathan Boler
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
This series is getting weaker by Year. Year Four felt strung together, with random character entries and exits and a loose premise in the background. Only upside is that it's a short read.
Diptarup Ghosh Dastidar
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, series
This was not so good. Just bringing in the Gods and quite a lot of the video game action!
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A return to form, or almost, since the terrible disappointment of Injustice: year thee.

This arc is a pretty good read.... 3.5-4 stars.
Brad McKenna
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
For my thoughts on the series as a whole:
Joshua Williams
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Buccellato ruined this series.
Simon Fletcher
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-fiction, dc
I just love this series. For me its genuinely done something different with the DC universe.
Can't wait to get my hands on the complete Year 5.
Consu
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Gods VS Gods it gets even better
Arthi
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I like the introduction of Greek Gods into the storyline as well as the character development of Diana, but I don't feel like it really made that much sense.
Earl
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
As to how the whole Injustice series was continued, this one's not too bad.

• Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three - The Complete Collection
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two, Vol. 2
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three, Vol. 1
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four Annual
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Three Annual

Injustice: Gods Among Us - The Complete Collection (5 books)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One - The Complete Collection