Start by marking “Statisticity” as Want to Read:
Statisticity

Statisticity

Logan is having a rough day. He hasn’t slept in weeks, his crew is near mutiny, and his latest project is predicting a massive attack of some sort right here in Shanghai. And all before his morning congee.

The year is 2084. Shanghai is a decaying husk of its former self, an empty city staffed by Party members and an army of scavengers recycling the infrastructure to keep th
Published October 31st 2015 by Beneath the Ink (first published August 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Statisticity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Statisticity

Clouds
Statisticity - what a great name!

Let’s get the disclaimer out the way - Yaron (the author) contacted me on Goodreads to ask if I’d like to read and review his new indie sci-fi. I get quite a few requests like that, and I only take-up one or two offers a year - but this book definitely sounded interesting.

I find mixed reviews the hardest to write - if it’s all good, or all bad, it’s easy to say why. Statisticity is a mixed bag - some great ideas, a well developed world, distinct characters and a
Yaron Glazer
Jul 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Let me tell you about this book. This book that took me 5 long years to make. It's revolutionary! It's a completely new thing! It's a total reimagining of the science fiction novel!

You know how sci-fi novels take forever building worlds and introducing characters and then having them do stuff, and you're basically asleep by the time the story gets going? Well great news, because Statisticity is the book for you! Also, you know how sci-fi novels focus too much on plot and really skimp on world-b
Sara Claridge
Dec 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Statisticity isn’t a book, it’s a journey.

The enhanced ebook is fascinating tale of life in China in the future, where people are encouraged to register themselves, live in an online virtual reality, give away all their data and are heavily surveilled – sounds familiar doesn’t it? You can really see the parallels with modern society today and how the world might shake out in seventy years time. But that’s just the premise of the story, the real intrigue is the underground “entrepreneurs” that h
Zaz
Aug 29, 2015 rated it liked it
A dystopian book, with a monitored virtual world and interesting enhanced edition features, but too much heavy on technology for my tastes.

In the future, people are all connected to Zhongguo. This virtual world is controlled to reach order and harmony, but everything doesn't always work as expected. For example, Logan and his team provide unauthorized services, some people have health problems because of Zhongguo, etc. We follow several characters while some changes happen in this world.

I'm an a
Barry West
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Yaron Glazer's Statisticity is an ambitious read to say the least. I've never had the pleasure of diving into an ebook quite like this, and I'm pretty sure the reason why is because of the tremendous amount of effort that went into it. But enough of that, the real point of a review is to discuss whether I liked the book. The answer to that question, much like the plot of Statisticity, is complex (but the short answer's hell yeah).

The overall strengths of the story have to be milieu and plot. I'v
Iffix Santaph
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This work clearly took its author an exceptional bit of effort and the result is incredible!

(Disclaimer: Admittedly, it isn't my kind of book. I consider that a personal matter of taste, so let me discount it. I generally shy away from books with profanity, as I feel we get enough of it in day to day life. This book reaches Rated R by 10 pages in. But if you can live with that, please check out this experience.)

What I most admired about this book was the opportunity to see where e-literature ma
SALLY WHITE
Sep 08, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads for sending me this book. This is a book based in the future in China in the year 2084. It is all about surveillance which a lot of futuristic books seem to be based on. The book moves at a fairly brisk pace. This not a book I would normally choose to read and I found it quite difficult at times, but I am glad I gave it a go, as I overall, I did find it very enjoyable and it was a worthwhile and rewarding read.
Nov 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giweaways, i-own
I got this book from goodreads giveaway.

I enjoyed reading this book though at first it was quite hard to get into because of all that technology stuff, but once I got used to it I was captivated by the story. The world in "Statisticity" is very well developed, the plot is interesting though I didn't fully connect with the characters, some of them seemed a little bit flat.

Overall, "Statisticity" is an interesting and enjoyable read that I would recommend to sci-fi and dystopian lovers.
Awesome Indies Reviewers
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really did enjoy Staticity, it had that great Firefly feel to it, and the bonus of being able to click links to

find more details about places and characters rocked. It allowed it to not be held back with tons of

unnecessary background filler so we could get into the story that much quicker. The only downside, I

wasn’t able to get back easily with some links. I had to remember where I was to go back. A BACK link at

the bottom of some of the bonus content would improve this drastically
Stephanie
Aug 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Yaron Glazer's novel, Statisticity, is the future of eBook writing. Glazer has created an enhanced reading experience by including various links in the eBook format. These links help to enhance and explain the incredible world that is created and form a unique science fiction adventure.
The story's plot is unique and takes place in a dystopian and digitalized China. The characters are one of a kind and Glazer uses his "e-ink" to help expand on each character and how they became a part of this ne
Shannon
Oct 21, 2015
Prancy
Aug 10, 2015
Kace
rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2015
  • In the Devil's Territory
  • Jumping the Queue
  • The Omega Project
  • Pennsylvania Omnibus
  • Letters from a Lost Generation: First World War Letters of Vera Brittain and Four Friends
  • The Green Hat
  • Angel on the Ropes
In the time before memory there was a boy and he loved to read. He read like it was going out of style, which it was, though he didn’t realize it at the time even though the characters in his sci-fi novels never read books. This boy could read for hours on end, often staying up through the night and only noticing when it was like 6 am and daylight was creeping in under the blinds. He finished all ...more