Start by marking “The Aftermath (The Hurricane, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Aftermath (The Hurricane, #2)

The Aftermath

(The Hurricane #2)

The second book in a New Adult fiction series from USA Today bestselling author R.J. Prescott.

Cormac "The Hurricane" O'Connell's star is on the rise. Billed as the most promising young boxer of his generation, his new career is taking him to places he never dreamed. But O'Connell only needs one thing in life: his wife. In her final year of college, Em cannot follow him aro
Published December 15th 2015 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about The Aftermath, please sign up.
R.J. Sorry for the late reply, I've been laid up with flu all week :( Firstly, thank you for the amazing compliment. Katy Evans is one of my favourite…moreSorry for the late reply, I've been laid up with flu all week :( Firstly, thank you for the amazing compliment. Katy Evans is one of my favourite authors and I love everything she's ever written, so to even be compared in the same sentence as Katy is a massive compliment.

I'm working hard on the Aftermath at the moment and would like to get it out by the end of the year but I haven't given myself a deadline for a couple of reasons. At the moment I'm working a stressful job and have two young children. Writing is something I do when the kids are in bed, or outside school when I'm waiting to pick up the eldest, the dentist waiting room etc. All my books are hand written in a black journal that LIVES in my handbag, meaning I take it everywhere. Although I write nearly every day, you can't script the unpredictable- like my contracting flu this week. Also I'd hate to put a book out there that I don't truly believe in because I felt under pressure to publish. You guys deserve so much more. My dream is that one day I will be able to write full time, but for now I'm going to keep working hard on the Aftermath and I promise to get it published as soon as I can xx(less)
R.J. Unfortunately, even when a book is done, editing, formatting, beta reading and proof reading all take a lot of time, so it is looking like later this…moreUnfortunately, even when a book is done, editing, formatting, beta reading and proof reading all take a lot of time, so it is looking like later this year though I promise to publish as soon as I can.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. You can't know how heart warming it is to know that people are excited to read more from O'Connell and the boys :) x(less)

* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.25 ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I promised myself once that I would conquer the world for you, and that's what I'm gonna do. I’m gonna be a legend, and when they ask me how I did it, I’m gonna tell them it was all you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I absolutely loved The Hurricane, so when I heard about this one, I couldn't wait to jump into this one. This book is a continuation of O'Connell and Em's story. I was a little unsure if I w
Barbara➰
Reread May 2017

I absolutely love Cormac and I love being in his head. His love for Emily is so amazing.

Reread September 2016

Another great reread. These two are one of my favorite couples. I just love being in Cormac's head. His love for Em is epic. I swear I'm swooning the whole time I'm reading. I know I wil reread these books over and over. And can I just say I really wish I had Kieran's book like yesterday?

Original Review April 2016

***5+++ Stars***

When I finished The Hurricane, I immediately
Dilek VT
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the order you need to follow while reading these books...

They are all about super-cute & super-sexy boxers.

description

Book 1 HURRICANE & Book 2 AFTERMATH tell the story of Emily (aka Sunshine) and Cormac O’Connell (aka Hurricane). Both books are 5 out of 4,5 stars for me.

My review for both HURRICANE & AFTERMATH is here:

Alex ♈
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it

I loved the love story, liked both MCs.

It was so sweet how deep they were in love and how devoted they were to each other!

The whole story with h’s stepfather, his trial, lack of justice, attack etc. was exaggerated.

100 pages fewer and much less drama would make this book almost perfect!

If you don’t love something enough to fight for it, you don’t really love it at all.
Jayme
This is the second part of a series that follows the events and is a continuation of the Emily and Cormac story form The Hurricane.

About the plot:After hard times for those two at The Hurricane, Em's abusive stepfather is in prison, but expect the process. They are trying to return to normalcy. But it is not that simple. Although physically they are in health, all the wounds left in their heads. They must learn to cope with it. O'Connell hire a manager and preparing for a new fight for the champ
Aisling Zena
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I'm finding it hard to write a review for this one. Not really sure why as I did like the book. Not as much as the first but it was still a good book.

This follows Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell and his Sunshine pretty much from where their first book left off. If you haven't read The Hurricane do read it otherwise this one will not make much sense. I loved the The Hurricane mostly because of O'Connell. This one fell a little bit short for me mainly because I felt that the HFN in the fi
Cristina
DNF - NO RATING

Although I loved the first book in this series, The Hurricane , almost half way through this book I realized that it wasn't doing anything for me. After going back to work from my maternity leave I have even less time then before for reading so every minute it's to precious to waste with books that aren't for me.

description

I'm not saying this book isn't good because R.J. Prescott has an amazing writing style and I can't wait to read others books by her...but this book wasn't my cup of tea
Snow
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
"...there's a story of an old Cherokee man who told his grandsons, 'There is a battle between two wolves inside us all. One is Evil. It's anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth'....
'which wolf wins?'...
'The one you feed.'
Makes you think, doesn't it?

Solid continuation of the story of a Hurricane...and yet I felt like I missed out on smth.
Cant put a finger to it either, so it's gonna st
Maria...
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God "Hurricane" is back finally!!!

"Because she's mine.She's always been mine and I will
love her till the day I die.There is no one else for me
and there never will be."

I've been waiting for this book so long that I devoured it in one day and half!In "The Aftermath" we have our sweet couple Con&Emily who are still great together,more mature and of course they are still crazy crazy for each other....

"Happy birthday,baby."
"Best birthday ever."
"How do you know?You've only woken up."
CeCe
Loved this one. I just love this couple and how strong their love is. I love how much the hero LOVED. Some things I was so upset with because he just did not think and acted like a man who did not understand a woman, but with everything else - I know he loved with all his heart.
Nicla
Loved it. The Aftermath is told completely from O'Connell's POV. I love the relationship between O'Connell and Em. They would have to be one of my favorite couples. This book had it heartbreaking moments when dealing with trial and trying to move on from the past but I loved the strength O'Connell and Em showed through the hard times. Highly recommend.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low for the romance and medium for
Syndi
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I read this book because the first book, The Hurricane is promising. But the sequel is a tad disappointment.

The character development is off and the story is losing its focus. Cormac, who is sweet and romantic alpha male, is now developing into sissy male who is so needy and emotional. He feels like he needs to proves he owns Emily by throwing tantrum to any male who touch Emily. This is a let down since I like Cormac on the first book.

And Emily, she is still portrays as old lady character. He
 Lynsey Goddard ❤
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fbbf
5 Massive Left Hooks

When I flicked on my Kindle Friday night at 10pm I didn't expect to find an ARC of The Aftermath waiting for me, naturally I ditched the book I was originally reading (sorry but priorities, I thought I'd have to wait until December) and my evening began.

I don't want to give anything away as those readers that have to wait until release date, it's worth the wait. To read RJ's writing style you'd never guess this was only her 2nd novel. The Aftermath sucks you in from the prolo
Sophie's Reading Corner
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bad-boys, athletes
"Losing was done when you listened to your head winning was done when you listened to your heart."

I'm so happy I picked up this series to read. I really enjoyed this story of Con and Emily and mostly, because it's not so much about their coming together, but basically it was mostly each on their journey and cross they had to bare, separately but also together. Em had the whole burden with her past, Frank and family and trust issues. Hurricane had the family issues, but mostly his fight and ea
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Jo

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/HopelessRomantics
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...
I gave my heart away the day I first clapped eyes on sunshine, and I never wanted it back.
I loved, loved, loved "The Hurricane." It's one of my top reads from this year, so I was extremely excited to jump back into Cormac and Emily's world. I was eager to catch up with the loved up couple but I was also apprehensive about what lay ahead. I knew th
Bev

After absolutely loving The Hurricane I was so looking forward to The Aftermath and it didn't disappoint. Whilst the intensity that was The Hurricane wasn't there, this was a fabulous follow on of Em and Con's story and answered all the questions left after finishing The Hurricane.

I loved their relationship - not only with each other but with the rest of the gym crew. The lads didn't disappoint, there were some golden priceless moments and one liners. Tommy, Tommy, Tommy - I can't WAIT
-C-
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the first book as well as this one.

“A champion is someone who gets up when they can’t.—Jack Dempsey.”
♥ℳelody

Same shit, different POV.

Only reason I caved and read this was so I could find out more about Liam's situation and Kieran getting to know his HEA, which covered only a whopping 4 pages, give or take. 😑 Because of that I pretty much skimmed 70% of this story, including the epilogue which I didn't even bother reading. Something I rarely do unless I plan to DNF a book. And yet even with all the skimming I ended up being fine even with all the jumping around I did. Which should say enough.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Aftermath (The Hurricane #2) by RJ Prescott
4 stars!!!

“Bruises fade, torn skin scabs and heals but hate festers.”

This book follows on from where the Hurricane left off and while the Hurricane centred around Cormac and Emily’s blossoming relationship this book concentrates more on Cormac and his battles inside and outside the ring.

“…but we had each other. We had the fire and the drive to win, to succeed. I wasn’t alone in his. We were brothers, and we were bringing it to the fucking tabl
SB*needs low angst books*
Okay. I finished the book but it took me a while because for me it sometimes felt like slow going. It wasn't the kind of book I could just keep reading. I put it down several time and had to make myself pick it back up to finish.

Now the book wasn't bad so but it didn't hold my attention. I think the first book was good and it focused on the H/h getting together and her dealing with moving forward from her past so to me it was more about the romance. This book to me was a little less about the ro
Danielle
You know when you read a book and you fall in love with the characters and you get so scared that when the sequel comes out said characters are going to do something that completely changes the way you feel about them? Well that was me when I started reading The Aftermath. I mean, I loved The Hurricane, fell totally head over heals in love with Em and O'Connell and I was so worried that something would happen, mainly something that Con would do, that would ruin it for me... Luckily, that did not ...more
Michelle
Absolutely Brilliant Luvd It !!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
love it! can't wait for tommy and evelyn and kieran and marie books!!
Ezinwanyi
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ezinwanyi by: ☘KathyD☘
This book was just the POV of Conn aka Cormac "The Hurricane" O'Connell. If you read book 1, then you know 75% of this story. This sequel just gives you Conn's perspective. So if you were curious to be in his head, then you will enjoy this one more.
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received an ARC via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”-FDR

Cormac “The Hurricane” O'Connell is in for the fight of his life both in and out of the ring. He plans on protecting his beautiful “Sunshine” Em that he met and married in the first book, The Hurricane. While the first book was told from Em's point of view, this one is told from Con's. We get to experience the turbulence and rage in his body that can erupt at any moment. R. J. Pre
Julia (ten_thousand_books)
Can I just say that going into this book, I knew I would like it, because of course, I loved the first one. But this one definitely hit home more. It had even more pain, brutality, anguish and hurt. But it also had moments of laughter, love, joy and humour.

"What happens when someone messes with what's yours?" he asked.
"I decimate the fuckers," I answered.
"What happens if some guy wolf whistles or tries to grab her arse tonight?" he goaded.
"I'll decimate the fucker," I told him more forcefull
Debbie I Heart YA Books

Oh, I didn't think this sexy, rough, MMA fighter Cormac "the Hurricane" O'Connell could get even more beautiful the second time around, but yes, he did. Con’s protectiveness and love for Em is melt-your-heart romance. This gorgeous man stole my heart in the first book, and Con has stolen it again in round two with The Aftermath.

Cormac married Em and lives his happily-ever-after with the only woman who has ever owned his heart. His career is on the rise with the fight of his life against Rico “D
Jan
5 Swoon worthy stars

Cormac O'Connell, if there ever was a man who put life, death, self before the love of his life and wife, it's this man.

Aftermath is a continuation of Hurricane so if you haven't read this I suggest you read that first, I loved Hurricane and highly recommend it.

Alpha male, hotness, possessiveness and a fighter to the core, if you like your heroes this way this story is for you.

Aftermath is told in Con's pov, as Em has to face the trial of Frank who abused her for years and
Brit
Advance Readers Copy (ARC) provided for my blog from the lovely author and good friend R.J Prescott and the amazing publisher Grand Central Publishing

Thank you so much for taking a chance on me and also for being my friend

Title: The Aftermath
Release Date: December 15th, 2015
Date Read: December 8th, 2015
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

People thought The Hurri
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. Romance, fighters, gym H and h. [s] 7 83 Sep 01, 2017 08:35AM

• Dare to Stay (The Sons of Steel Row, #2)
  • Desperate Hearts
  • Down & Dirty (Lightning, #1)
  • Untitled (Breathe Again, #3)
  • Loving His Forever (Forever Series, #2)
  • Adrian Lessons
  • One Chance (Hogan Brothers #1)
  • Stand (Black Addiction #3)
  • Out for the Count (Worth the Fight, #3)
  • Caged (Bound by Cage, #1)
  • Intent
  • Within a Captain's Hold (Captains of the Scarlet Night, #1)
  • The Aubrey Rules (Chicago on Ice #1)
  • Full House (The Gamblers #3)
  • Love Tap
  • Lost King (The Kings Of Retribution MC #6)
  • NOT A BOOK: The Tornado
  • Becoming a Legend (Kavanagh Legends #3)

The Hurricane (2 books)
  • The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1)
“The way that some guys kiss their long-term girlfriends or wives is an absolute travesty. A kiss should never be routine, like saying hello or good-bye. Kissing the person you love should be sign language for the soul. It should say I love you, I need you, and I’m happy to see you or sorry to see you go. If you can’t kiss like that, you should really keep your fucking lips to yourself”

Excerpt From: Prescott, R.J. “The Aftermath.” Forever, 2016-08-02T04:00:00+00:00. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.”
7 likes
“Life isn't about settling for what you have and making the best of it. It's about getting back up, when everyone else around you is counting you out, and fighting for what you want.” 3 likes