Start by marking “Passenger 19 (Jammer Davis, #3)” as Want to Read:
Passenger 19 (Jammer Davis, #3)

Passenger 19

(Jammer Davis #3)

Jammer Davis has spent most of his life investigating aircraft accidents. When a small regional jet disappears over the jungles of Colombia, it is a tragedy like dozens of others he has seen…but for one terrible detail—his young daughter, who was enroute to a semester abroad in South America, is listed on the passenger manifest.

A distraught Davis rushes to Bogotá and bull

Published January 5th 2016 by Oceanview Publishing (first published January 3rd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Passenger 19, please sign up.
Scott Chapman I have read the first two Jammer Davis novels. In my opinion there is no need to read them in any order.

Start your review of Passenger 19 (Jammer Davis, #3)
Frances
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*. Jammer Davis, an experienced crash investigator with the NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board), was content and at ease while flying a J-3 Cub floatplane high over the lakes of Lunga Reservoir in Virginia. Landing on the tranquil lake he manoeuvred the floatplane towards the dock where his friend Larry Green head of the NTSB was anxiously waiting to inform Davis that a small regional jet carrying his 19 year old daughter Jen has disappeared in the jungles of Colombia. Davis not wanti ...more
Tulay
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting.

Real thrill starts after you pass the halfway mark. Be patient and keep reading, you will be rewarded with political twist in this story. Interesting information about the what investigators looking for in the crash site. Many things don't add up in this crash site in the Colombian jungle. Two missing passengers and hard headed investigator Jammed Davis trying to recover his loved one.
Sean Peters
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley, the publishers and the author Ward Larsen for an ARC book.

The first thing I asked myself, was this my type of book, would I like a book about a aircraft investigator ! Well now I can tell you, yes this is my type of book, fast paced, tension filled, action packed and full of suspence.

Debbie
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was definitely an edge of your seat read. It started off just a little slow, but it when that freight train got started, it was express all the way. My left leg was in hyper motion shaking up and down while I was reading. The author was pure genius in the twists in this story. You see how the plane was after it was crashed and your thinking "what the heck happened?" Then, when you find out. It was awesome. Not sure if the author used post it notes to help him out, but if he did, that s ...more
Eli Easton
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was drawn to the intriguing cover of this book. I used to have a strong fear of flying, and though I can fly now without losing my mind, I still find horror/thriller/action involving airplanes more anxiety-producing than any other locale. I hadn’t read something like that in awhile, so I decided to give this one a try. I have never read anything by this author before, but this book works as a stand-alone.

The good news is, this is a fast-paced thriller that kept me reading. Also, not that much
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Passenger 19 is a fast paced suspense novel in which an investigator for the NTSB has to fly to Columbia to conduct an investigation he has a very personal interest in.

*I received a free copy of Passenger 19 from Oceanview Publishing via Netgalley in exchange of an honest and unbiased review*

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

I was immediately intrigued when I read the summary for Passenger 19, because a guy who is used to investigating airplane crashes has some p
Kathleen Kelly
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Fast Paced Novel Ever read one of those books that grabs you from the first sentence? Well this one definitely did it for me. This is the third in the Jammer Davis stories and can be read as a stand alone. The premise? A plane crash in the middle of Columbia, Jammer's daughter was on that plane, as Jammer is an airline crash investigator, he is on the scene looking for his daughter and also what happened to the plane and why it crashed. His daughter is not among the victims and either is a ...more
Erin
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-review
ARC for review from NetGalley.

While I applaud Target's decision to stop classifying toys as "boys" toys and "girls" toys, I must also admit that there are certain genres and authors that I categorize as "menslit" in a much nicer variation on "chicklit" - thank Tom Clancy or anything that involves any retired military personnel headed out on one last "op".

Welcome to Passenger 19.

First, you have to ask yourself if you can handle a book where the lead character's name is "Jammer." If not, you need
Denise
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.0 out of 5 stars -- Entertaining and fast-paced, this action adventure novel featuring Jammer Davis kept me guessing almost to the very end!

Jammer (Frank) Davis is an investigator for the NTSB. Ex military (Air Force and Marines) and a private pilot, he has the necessary experience to investigate the crash of a regional jet in Colombia. The situation is complicated by the fact that Jammer's daughter, Jen, was meant to be on that plane.

When he arrives in Bogota, Jammer and the other investigato
Doreen Petersen
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Been reading this book I received from Netgalley just about non-stop since yesterday. The best thing I can day about this book is WOW!! What an incredible and fantastic read! Most definitely a must read!!!
Jaideep Khanduja
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Passenger 19: A Jammer Davis Thriller by Ward Larsen - Hijack Or Crash

Book Review - Passenger 19 A Jammer Davis Thriller by Ward Larsen

Passenger 19 by Ward Larsen is book 3 of 3 in the Jammer Davis Thriller series. The first in the series was Fly By Wire and second was Fly By Night. Jammer Davis is an expert investigator in aircraft accidents. A national aircraft vanishes over Colombia state. The tragedy is serious as the jet has disappeared in the dense j
Maureen DeLuca
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
After reading so many books in a row about psycho, insane, serial killers, (which I love those books !) I was in desperate need of something different. This is the 3rd in the Jammer Davis series- I have to say that I did attempt to read the first book- and TBH I was not crazy about it - (It very well could have just been my mood at the time) But, what I will say is while reading that book- I knew immediately that I would really like the main character in this series- Jammer Davis.

Jammer Davis i
Larry
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jammer Davis is a retired USAF fighter pilot and a frequent consultant for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). To say that he is headstrong as an investigator understates his unstoppable drive and preference for action. This quality is magnified in Ward Larsen's third thriller built around Jammer because the case Davis investigates—the crash of a two-engined passenger plane in Colombia—involves his daughter. Jammer's assignment to the case violates NTSB protocols, but it ratifies wh ...more
Linda Quick
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is a very fast paced thriller that grabbed me from the very first page and kept me engaged until the very last page. A phenomenal book that follows Jammer, a NTSB investigator and the father of a child on a crashed aircraft. He is sent to Colombia to investigate and seems to keep getting himself into trouble as he searches for the answer to what happened to his daughter.

The author is very knowledgeable about the subject and that information is woven into the story in a way that is easy for
Tom Tischler
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jammer Davis has spent most of his life investigating airline accidents .When a small
regional jet disappears over the jungles of Columbia it's like a lot of others he has seen except
for one thing his young daughter was en route to a semester abroad in South America.
And she is on the passenger manifest.
Davis rushes to Bogota and bulls his way into the inquiry.When the wreck is located it is
clear that there were no survivors. As the investigation gains momentum the pilots had been
shot before the
Terri
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Plane goes down in the Columbian jungle and an NTSB investigator is called to investigate. His daughter was on board so he is determined to find out what happened. What appeared to be a hijacking turns out to be something way more complicated than he could have guessed.

This is a fast paced complex thriller and a strong emotional experience as a man tries to save his daughter. I really enjoyed it
Melissa Borsey
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest review. I am so glad I was given the opportunity to read and review this great book! This was a fast-paced, action-packed thriller with a creative storyline I never saw coming! Just a great story from beginning to end with many wonderful characters! I highly recommend this book!
Iain Clements
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

NTSB investigator and former pilot Jammer Davis is faced with the toughest assignment of his life when he is asked to investigate the disappearance of a passenger airliner over dense jungle in Colombia which was also carrying his daughter.

We follow widower Davis through the plot at breakneck speed as he rushes to Colombia to find his daughter and solve the mystery behind the crash.

If you liked the Taken movies you'll
Pat
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
This I really enjoyed - 4.5 stars. Jammer Davis is a different kind of protagonist. He consults on air crashes for the NTSB. He is sent to Columbia to investigate a missing commuter jet that has disappeared over rugged mountainous terrain with 21 passengers and 3 crew on board. This mission is, however, different for Jammer. His 19 year old daughter is on the passenger manifest.

When the downed jet is finally located there is a shocking discovery. They are two bodies short. His daughter, Jen, and
emmabbooks
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Exciting thriller based in Columbia

(I received the Kindle version of this book, free of charge, from Netgalley in return for an honest independent review.)

Jammer Davis is called to investigate the crash of a small plane in the Columbian jungle. He travels down to Bogotá, and quickly discovers that the crash was un-survivable - except two passengers are missing, one of whom is his daughter.

From a relatively slow start, as Larsen gives quite a bit of (interesting) detail about small planes and
Cathy Cole
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This third book in the series is the first Jammer Davis mystery that I've read, and I'm happy to report that the transition into the story was effortless. No questions, no confusion. Davis is a good blend of logic and brute force, and both elements come into play in this story involving his young daughter.

I learned quite a bit about different kinds of aircraft and investigating crash sites, and everything was perfectly geared toward readers who don't have a clue about these things: light, to th
Jackie Roche
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank NetGalley and Oceanview Publishing for giving me the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest and open review.
Reading "the blurb", I thought this might be a book aimed at men. How wrong I was. This fast-paced action thriller will be enjoyed by everyone.
Jammer Davis investigates air crashes. He is distraught when he discovers his daughter's name on the passenger list.
The crash took place in Columbia, South America. The descriptions of the area made me feel as if I
Janet Lynch
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Actually a very solid 3.5. This was an easy, keep your attention read. Jammer Davis is sent to investigate a plane crash in Columbia. Nothing strange about that, it's what he does for a living. But he has never before investigated the crash of a plane on which his only child, Jen, was a passenger. Nothing about the crash is as it seems and the investigation gets more and more complicated. Tense situations didn't seem as tense as they should have been but I liked the characters and plot. Need to ...more
Charris
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a great thriller with well developed characters and more than interesting plot. Jammer Davis is in Bogota, Columbia investigating a plane crash that occurred in the jungles. His daughter was on the plane so he is willing to do anything to find her. The author provides a good description of the investigation that occurs after an airplane crashes. This was an exciting roller coaster ride with several big twists and surprises. It was a hard book to put down.
Eileen Hall
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great page turner of a story, read it in 2 sittings. Held my interest all the way.
An exciting story of a plane crash in Bogota.
It emerges that it could have been a hijacking, but by who?
A wonderful murder mystery and an author I will read more of.
I was given a digital copy of this book by the publisher Ocean view Publications via Netgalley in return for an honest unbiased review.
Kelly Knapp
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mystery/thriller buffs
Recommended to Kelly by: a friend
Jammer Davis is the Protagonist in this story which begins with the speed of a jet and continues speeding its way through the Columbian investigation into a missing plane. Jammer's daughter was on board. There is plenty of turbulence along the route taken and Jammer may just ruin the friendship between the US and Columbia, but not before he learns what happened to his daughter.

Betrayal is central to this mystery thriller. Betrayal of friendships, betrayal of relationships, and betrayal at the hi
Maha
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
** Special thanks to NetGalley and Oceanview Publishing for supplying my copy of this book in exchange for an honest and unbiased review **
This has been my first read this year. I came to this book without reading any previous work for the author. I wanted to discover a book on my own without being led by the bestsellers charts. I even didn’t read the blurb to make sure I got all the suspense. And to tell the truth, it’s quite thrilling to discover a good book on your own. This has been quite an
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A parent's worst nightmare...

Jammer Davis consults with the NTSB, investigating airplane crashes. He is not prepared when he is called in on a crash in Colombia, South America - and finds out that his 19 year old daughter was one of the passengers.

When he arrives in Colombia, the details of the crash are immediately suspect and he ends up fighting his way through many levels of bureaucracy trying to find out what actually happened. Is there a chance his daughter might still be alive?

I love books
John
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will be reading more by this author..
Ramona
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jammer Rocks!

Fast paced, highs and lows, never sure who you can trust. Jammer is sent to investigate a plane crash in a remote country, his teenage daughter was one of the passengers. He knows the odds are against a happy outcome. As he begins to investigate, it becomes clear that there's more than a plane crash, there's also missing passengers!
It's a rush to read .
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Category Five (Donovan Nash #1)
  • Aftershock (Donovan Nash #5)
  • Code Black (Donovan Nash #2)
  • Final Approach
  • Lockout
  • Seconds to Midnight (Donovan Nash #7)
  • Speed the Dawn (Donovan Nash #8)
  • Primordial Island
  • The Last Monument
  • Zero Separation (Donovan Nash #3)
  • Prestwick
  • Final Authority
  • L.A. Sniper (A Kane Novel)
  • The Rescue (Ryan Decker #1)
  • The Last Sword Maker (The Course of Empire #1)
  • China Star
  • The Spider Heist (Spider Heist Thrillers Book 1)
  • Heathrow (Danger in the Sky Book 2)
Ward Larsen is the USA Today bestselling author of espionage thrillers. A five-time winner of the Florida Book Award, his first novel, The Perfect Assassin, is in pre-production as a motion picture with Amber Entertainment.
A former Air Force fighter pilot, he has also served as an airline captain, and is a trained aircraft accident investigator.

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the

Jammer Davis (3 books)
  • Fly By Wire (Jammer Davis, #1)
  • Fly by Night (Jammer Davis, #2)