Start by marking “A Perilous Assignment (Order of the MoonStone #0.5)” as Want to Read:
A Perilous Assignment (Order of the MoonStone #0.5)

A Perilous Assignment

(Order of the MoonStone .5)

They have a much more sinister purpose.

Kayden is about to find out just how sinister.

Go back to the very beginning with us... see how Kayden was chosen for her most important and most dangerous assignment yet.
ebook, First, 21 pages
Published August 15th 2015 by S&G Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Perilous Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perilous Assignment

Ashley Bogner
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing start to a new series! I can't wait to get my hands on A Reluctant Assassin . This prequel short story gives us a glimpse into a world of suspense and introduces us to the protagonist, Kayden. A Perilous Assignment really grabbed my attention!

*I received a free copy of A Perilous Assignment in exchange for an honest review*
Laura A. Grace
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Confession: I was SUPER bummed when reading this the first time. There is only one chapter. One!

Once I got over the shock, I went back and reread it again. I then realized why I was so bummed the first time…it’s awesome and I want MORE!

I love this introduction to “The Reluctant Assassin”! You get a perfect picture as a reader that Kayden is no joke and is definitely meant to be taken seriously in the Order.

There’s not much description of what’s around Kayden, but I wouldn’t say that takes away
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is a very, very short story that introduces Kayden. She belongs to an order that are assassins. This very brief look is very intersting and takes a look at the life that she lives. It does an excellent job at creating interest for A Reluctant Assassin.
Deanna Stevens
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-list
What a great teaser! The Order of the Moonstone is not just another shadowy underground resistance operation. Kayden has been chosen and is about to find out just how sinister the underground operation is and what her next assignment will be. J.C. has my attention and I think its a great lead in to A Reluctant Assassin.
Marilyn
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A Perilous Assignment was a short read but amazing. I was caughtup and in the moment with the suspense that Kayden was experiencing. What an excellent introduction for her assignment in A Reluctant Assassin, book 1, in the new series The Moonstone Chronicles by JC Morrows. I highly recommend reading A Perilous Assignment to all.
A.J. Cattapan
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but intriguing!

In this teaser short story, J.C. Morrows builds suspense and an ominous setting that will leave you eager to read the rest of her Moonstone Chronicles. Looking forward to more!
Nicole Rivera
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great addition to "A Reluctant Assassin."
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
{{This is a Goodreads Only Review! Meaning, this review will not be posted on 'Books for Christian Girls'. }}

I've been looking forward to reading this series since I first heard about it. Now that I've read the #.5, I'm really, really excited about reading "A Reluctant Assassin" . But, my goodness, this was tiny! To count it for my Goodreads challenge or not...? I'm happy I hot it for signing up for the author's newsletter, since it was only 14 pages. No sexual or negative content or minor
Kristen Kooistra
I can't really give this a rating since it's so short. The entirety of the story is a girl standing in a room and wondering if she'll be chosen and what the guy in charge is choosing something for.

There's nothing bad about this at all, there just isn't enough pages, content, or much of anything to get into what's happening and be like "oh wow, yes, this is a ___ rating."

It might be an interesting tidbit if you're thinking about reading "A Reluctant Assassin" and want to try a free sample that t
Kara
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A brief but utterly realistic and tangible setup of how Kayden gets to be chosen for her assignment in A Reluctant Assignment. I read this short story AFTER A Reluctant Assassin and it made better sense to me, but it will definitely get your attention wanting to know about what happens to Kayden in Book 1! This is the beginning of her journey and it will better explain what she's up against with The Order she works for.
Elizabeth
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Perilous Assignment ( An Order of The Moonstone Short stories- Book 1 )
By: JC Morrows

Wow, what a start of a series. I was glued and reading each page to find out more about Kayden’s story and her journey about getting chosen for her assignment. Morrows weaves us a Christian Speculative Fiction short story and I am looking forward to reading A Reluctant Assassin.
I was given a copy of this book y the author for my honest review.
Toni Shiloh
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This short read is designed to get you hook and ready for The Reluctant Assassin, and boy does it accomplish it's goal. The story gives you a glimpse of JC Morrows' writing style. She grabs your attention on the first page and doesn't let go until you come to the end. All her books leave you wanting and ready to read the next in the series. Enjoy!
Sydney
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This prequel novel, A Perilous Assignment, will introduce readers to the Order of the MoonStone series by J.C. Morrows that teens are sure to enjoy. This is an extremely short and quick read that will delight readers as they anticipate the continuation of the story in book one, A Reluctant Assassin. . I would recommend this novel to readers that enjoy action filled, teen fantasy novels.

Series: Order of the MoonStone
Genre: fantasy, Christian
Publisher: S&G Publishing
Publication date: September
Rachel Miller
This is a super-short, super-intense read that - while not necessary to enjoy the series - is instrumental in understanding WHO Kayden is and WHY she is the way she is.

It is technically the first story in the Order of the MoonStone series and should be read before "A Reluctant Assassin" (book 1)
Meagan
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for my honest review.

Fun opening to the series - and definitely worthwhile reading before you pick up Book 1, as it will fill in a couple of blanks. Know that it's a VERY short story ... as in, under 10 minutes' read - but it definitely sucks you in and makes you want to read what's going to happen next.
Deanna Stevens
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-list

We find out how The Order of the MoonStone starts. Kayden is chosen for A Perilous Assignment and it's a great start to this series! A little mysterious ~ I want to read more..
I was gifted a copy for an honest opinion.
Naomi Bowen
Feb 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Probably a bit harsh but I felt this novella didn't really provide anything interesting. Not much to say about it really.
Galaxy Adventurer
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own, 2016
While this story isn't very long, it's only around 10 pages, it's nice seeing a little more into the Order of the Moonstone. It also makes me dislike Drey a little more lol X)
D.J.

A Perilous Assignment is a wonderful introduction to the Order of the MoonStone series . . . and the story we all waited for — A Reluctant Assassin.

In this short story, we get just a glimpse into the Order — and when Kayden, a young 17-year-old recruit, is chosen for an assignment (if you’re following this series, you already know where Kayden is headed).

When I say a glimpse . . . well, that’s exactly what I mean. There’s only one chapter, but WOW! It’s an amazing chapter! Full of suspense and i
Stacy Fetters
May 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
A riveting start to Kaydens life as an assassian.
This takes place before the Reluctant Assassian. Gives you a look at how she was chosen and her thoughts as this plays out. What is she walking in to?
Gives you a taste on the tip of your tongue and leaves you ready to tear into the next book. You just feel that this is the next big series to take off.
Ksandra
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing teaser for the first novel! Though short, I can already see a general characterization of Kayden and Drey. Plus it piqued my curiosity on what one assignment she botched. Will we ever find out? On to the actual novel to see! I'm glad I have it.
Laurin
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intriguing prequel. Now I must read the series...
Britta
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short teaser? More like a reason to stay up and start the first book!
This short novella is a perfect. It grabs your attention and leaves you wanting more.
Chrysti Dobbs
Dec 06, 2016
Rana
Feb 20, 2016
Cassandra Matthews
rated it did not like it
Aug 13, 2018
Chrisro1
Apr 07, 2017
facebook  twitter  instagram  pinterest  mail

JC Morrows is the bestselling author of the young adult dystopian series: Order of the MoonStone and the post-apocalyptic Frozen World series. A believer in sharing knowledge, JC is passionate about both stoking the creative fire in young minds and doing all she can to help authors of all experience levels excel.

A true storyteller, JC is one of those authors who grew up thinking it was p

Order of the MoonStone (5 books)
  • A Reluctant Assassin (Order of the MoonStone, #1)
  • A Treacherous Decision (Order of the MoonStone #2)
  • A Desperate Escape (Order of the MoonStone #3)
  • A Tragic Consequence (Order of the MoonStone #4)
  • A Broken Kingdom (Order of the MoonStone #5)