Start by marking “Hunter Sacrificed (Wild Hunt #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hunter Sacrificed (Wild Hunt #0.5)

Hunter Sacrificed

(Wild Hunt 0.5)

In the game of good vs. evil, he unleashes…HELL

Arawn, Lord of the Underworld, has made a mistake, the biggest of his long life. He’s fallen in love and neglected his duties. Now, innocent humans are suffering…dying…begging for vengeance.

Only he can save them from the horrors of Hell.

But doing so might very well destroy his bond with the one woman who holds his heart and soul.

H
Published November 3rd 2015 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hunter Sacrificed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter Sacrificed

Kate's Corner
This is a strong and solid start to a new series.

Arawn, Lord of the Underworld, is faced with the hardest decision of his long life. Because of his neglect, humans are suffering.....

He fell in love with Minerva the Goddess of Love but it came at a price that everyone paid for. A century has passed and it is time to right the wrong that he made. This time with the help of his mate and one love he breaks their love for the duty he neglected so long ago.

To stop the former King of the
Dianne
We all have hard decisions to make in life, could you decide between the woman you love to the very depths of your soul and a vow to correct the wrongs against humanity? Arawn, the Lord of the Underworld will risk everything, including the love he shares with Minerva, the Goddess of Love as a pawn to the Triad. While he cannot break his vow, he can gather his Huntsmen to avenge those who have suffered. Prepare for the ultimate battle between good and evil, prepare for high tension, high energy a ...more
Jonel
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, kobo
Corrigan brings forward a brand new take on the Lord of the Underworld and the Goddess of Love. Both as individuals and in their roles in the world they intrigued and enchanted me. This novella is well written with a voice that really put me in touch with the man character. His desolation shone through. Corrigan writes sex as a natural extension of her characters, intrinsic to who they are yet still hot as hell!

Corrigan also gives fantastic historical background between the god and
Christina
Oct 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars – 1.5 Flames

Have a mentioned how much I love PNR’s? No? I LOVE PNR’s!!!! I love escaping into a new world filled with wonder, power, Gods, demigods, angels, fairies…(sigh). I think the thing I love most about them is the way the author creates the new world and literally brings you with them.

Expect to be slightly confused when you first start this one. There is a lot of information that needs to be put out there in order to get this series off and running. But once you can wrap your he
Carra
Dec 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I’ve found my next favorite series. No, I KNOW I’ve found it. Hunter Sacrificed is the prequel novella for Nancy Corrigan’s new Wild Hunt series, and I was totally absorbed in this story for every single page. The fantastical world Corrigan has created is truly amazing, and will capture your imagination and expand your horizons in this fascinating mythological world.

The two primary characters, Arawn and Minerva, are fueled by their overwhelming love and emotion for each other
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hunter Sacrificed Book 0.5 of the Wild Hunt series

Arawn, is lord of the Underworld where he is ruler as punishment for picking love over duty. Madly in love with his mate Minerva Goddess of love, she was his distraction and the leader of the unseelie Dar Formally Dagda the fairy king (" Be mindful of your words Dagda is not dead, nor is he weak.") able to take advantage of that and wreak havoc.

"Yes. I chose love once. Because of my actions, the fairies have unleashed the horrors of
Emily
Arawn, Lord of the Underworld makes a decision that could have him losing everything. He is torn between his duty and his mate, Minevra, the Goddess of Love. He knows what he has to do and makes the ultimate sacrifice, his only hope is that his secret plans will work.

This is a short story but action packed. Anxious to see what happens next. I was surprised by the twists in the story. I think readers will be thrilled with this quickie in the Wild Hunt series.
Eva Millien
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Because of him, humans are suffering, so in order to make things right Arwan, Lord of the Underworld makes a vow that could cost him everything he holds dear in the captivating prequel to the Wild Hunt series.

The reader’s heart is immediately captured by the emotional turmoil that flows from the pages as Arwan makes the hardest decision of life with lots of expectation building spine tingling tension and curiosity throughout the story as Arwan learns just how much he will have to sac
Racy
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Arawn is the Lord of the Underworld. He is mated and loves Minerva but he feels his love has kept him from his duty and caused others to suffer. He has a very hard chose to make.

I question Arawn’s chose He will damn his children and betray his love. He makes a deal and the sacrifice is not worth it. In this story I have to wonder if he will ever be reunited with his true love.

I look at Minerva. He loves Arawn. I look at what Arawn has done and if I was Minerva I do not know if I cou
Jane Blanchard
Nancy Corrigan's Hunter Sacrificed is an unsatisfying short story that I downloaded free from Amazon. The 50 pages start could lead to a well-developed story, but it ends abruptly without a denouement. I loved the dialogue between Arawn, Lord of the Underworld and Minerva, the Goddess of Love. Ms. Corrigan made me feel Arawn's conflict but this empathy for the character was not enough to overcome the disappointing ending which left me feeling cheated. This is the first book in the Wild Hunt seri ...more
Nessa
Jul 03, 2019 added it
Anyone found this noble? I found it pathetically sad and I regretted reading this right before bed time...Just makes me feel so uneasy and really sad. If you plan to read this series, just go straight to the first book. This novella only gives you a glimpse of what you already know.
Linda
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good!

This book sets the stage for the series! A must read because it brings everything together. I loved Arawn and felt his pain for what he had to do. A really powerful read. Words have power, guard them well. Everything has a price.
April Collins
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked read

Loved this book and story. Could not put it down. Grab a glass of wine and sit back cause this is a book you don't wanna miss out on
Sue Davis
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really Liked This Story, But Now Want The Next One

I have now read a few of Nancy's books, and enjoyed them all. But I so wanted the next one so I could continue and see what happened next. I will keep up with this author. I felted sorry for Harley in her fight to stay good and alive as she promised. Words have power.
Kathy Wideman
This book was a great quick read. It paved the way for the series by giving you a little background. Arawn is the Lord of the Underworld. He was chosen by the Triad for the duty. He neglected his duty being with the one he loves. Minerva is the goddess of Love and when Arawn is with her he can’t hear the suffering of those in hell. He must now fix what his neglect caused. The only way to fix it may force him to love Minerva. He must sacrifice something, but will it be enough of a sacrifice? Araw ...more
Debbie
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Independent reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock, I was gifted my copy of this book for review.

Arawn, Lord of the Underworld, needs to stop the Lord of the UnSeelie from unleashing his Chaos upon the world. It will require a sacrifice on his part. But Arawn is played byt The Triad. And the sacrifice goes far deeper, and for far longer than Arawn wanted. Now he faces the biggest decision of his eternal life.

A prequel, if you will, of the Wild Hunt and how
Diane Lynch
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hunter Sacrificed (Wild Hunt 0.5) by Nancy Corrigan Nancy Corrigan’s prequel to the Wild Hunt Series, Hunter Sacrificed, is an astounding foundation to the series.  Arawn, Lord of the Underworld, makes the ultimate sacrifice in order to help preserve the human race, risking the love of his mate, Minerva.  His detriment does not go as planned, so he takes vengeance for those he wronged with the help of the Wild Hunt. This paranormal fantasy is suitable for adult audiences.

Nancy Corri
Diane Lynch
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Nancy Corrigan’s prequel to the Wild Hunt Series, Hunter Sacrificed, is an astounding foundation to the series. Arawn, Lord of the Underworld, makes the ultimate sacrifice in order to help preserve the human race, risking the love of his mate, Minerva. His detriment does not go as planned, so he takes vengeance for those he wronged with the help of the Wild Hunt. This paranormal fantasy is suitable for adult audiences.

Nancy Corrigan does a considerable job developing a new story base
Melissa
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a prequel to the new Wild Hunt series. When I started reading it I was immediately enthralled. I could not put the story down. I love reading stories of Gods and demigods and strings in their lives. Arawn is the Lord (God) of the Underworld. He was sacrificed long ago to keep the balance in check. His mate is the Goddess of Love Minerva and their love had consequences that the world has been dealing with for a century. The Fairy King has gone mad and is making the humans suffer with him. ...more
Jean Smith
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The endless question of duty or love...

Hunter Sacrificed is the prequel to the Wild Hunt series. While it has a romance and has an all-consuming love at its center it’s about the sacrifice of love to ensure the salvation of mankind. The story is very short and heart wrenching. Beings as it is the prequel to the series please do not expect an HEA… you will not get one here. You will, however, get a good understanding of who Arawn, Lord of the Underworld is. He is neither evil or good.
Shawna
Feb 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunter Sacrificed is a prequel Novella of the Wild Hunt series. This book tells the story of Arawn and how it came that he sired his children of the Wild Hunt. In this book you see that sometimes duty must come before love and when you chose love over duty things beyond your control happen. This is what happened to Arawn and because of it the human realm and beyond will pay the price for his mistake. There is only one thing he can do to fix it, but to do so might cost him the love of his life. ...more
Whitney Cannavina
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review by Whitney at The Club

The ruler of the Underworld has a hard decision to make in order to save man kind. But his sacrifice will be great. Greater than anything he could have imagined. When the time comes he has to chose duty over love and hope his mate is willing to forgive him.

I thought the story was truly heartbreaking. It grabbed me and pulled me in right away. Knowing he ha to make a sacrifice that could hurt his mate but is needed to be done makes me love and hate the au
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
If you know anything about Gods and Goddesses of any pantheon, then you will know that things are never smooth and simple. Instead, confusion abounds until such time as it makes sense. This is how I would describe Hunter Sacrificed. It is a short prequel that nevertheless manages to impart a huge amount of information. You learn about Minerva and Arawn, the Triad, and how the Wild Hunt comes to be.

Although this was short, it was very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that I fo
Corrine Pickering
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for HathtagMinxes Love Books

Hunter Sacrificed - (Wild Hunt 0.5) Nancy Corrigan 4 Stars

Well, after a slightly confusing start, I was honestly quite lost to begin with - I then really got into this and I enjoyed this novella.

Arawn, Lord of the Underworld is torn between his love for Minerva - the Goddess of Love and his duty to protect the world from Dar.

This series is packed to the brim full of Fae seelie/unseelie, gods, demigods, angels, good and evil. There ar
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
Hunter Sacrificed might be a short, fast novella but that in no way makes it an easy read. It will hit you right where it hurts the most or at least for me it did. I didn't expect that and if you asked me last night, I most likely would have said that that was a bad thing, but my days of watching Charmed and finishing the book turned it into a good thing. I won't lie, my heart still hurts but I know that everything was necessary and I am extremely excited to start the Wild Hunt series!

~ Sonja, 4 Stars
Ana
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Again proof that love can make one do many things that would otherwise not be done.

Arawn Lord of the Underworld has never known the arms, or love of a woman and when he is finally gifted with love in the arms of Minerva, Goddess of Love, he forgets the balance between good and evil that sweeps the world. Now when he realizes his mistake, he must right his wrong before humanity as we know it is lost.

He makes a deal with the only ones that can allow him to right his wrong,
Galina Sulaiman
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute short story in the Wild Hunt series. The Lord of the Underworld must pay the price for loving Minerva . If he doesn't the humans are doomed, but will he loose his bonded love by doing so ? Although this is a short story, it explains everything you want to know about why he must sacrifice so very much. Makes a gal hate the triad for being so ungiving in every aspect. Looking forward to reading more in this series.
United Indie Book Blog
Arawn, Lord of the underworld. Minerva, Godess of love.

In a world where gods,godesses,demi gods ,fairies and angels exist , it's easy to feel overwhelmed and confused but once you've wrapped your head around it , you're good to go ......

I must be honest when I say my heat went out to Arawn and the sacrifices he had to endure , it couldn't be easy and it must be lonely.

Hunter Sacrificed is a good start to the Wild Hunt Series.

Review by Heidi
LaineyDS- Fictional Bookboyfriends
Reviewed by Lainey at The Club

Arawn , the Lord of the Underworld

Minerva, goddess of love

"You strengthen me, as I do you"

This was a beautiful story of love, mate ship and choosing duty over all. Arawn chooses duty over Minerva, his love and mate knowing he risks losing Minerva in order to right his wrongs. This is the hardest decision he has had to make and hopes Minerva understands and will be there waiting if and when he returns.

Kerry
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have to find out the outcome!

4.5 round up
Mistakes made, consequences seen and prices must be paid. How much suffering can you watch before it's too late? The cost is high yet another reason why the decision had to be made. The price is even higher than he bargained for but too late to back out of. Can he make up lost time before it's really too late?
Great beginnings. Wow, just wow.

• The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Falling (The 1000 Revolution, #0.5)
  • Billionaire Dragons' Fated (Treasure Lane Dragons, #3)
  • Aeromancist: The Beginning (Seven Forbidden Arts, #2)
  • I See You
  • Fate Kissed (Phoenix Rising, #3)
  • Becoming (Lynnie Russell Trilogy #1)
  • Tech, Lies, and Wizardry (Black Ocean #0.5)
  • In the Garden of Weeia
  • The Seer (Deadly Fairy Tales #1)
  • Lacing Shadows: Anthology
  • Lay Me Down (Reveler, #2)
  • Antidote (Love and War, #1)
  • Remember Me (Storm Lords, #1)
  • Manhattan (Lovers and Liars #1)
  • The Best Is Yet to Come (The Best Girls, #0.5)
  • Alpha's Heir (Bear Shifter Billionaire #1)
NOTE: Nancy does not monitor Goodreads. She spends her time focusing on writing "can't put down" books for her readers. If you have a question for her, please email her at:

nancy@nancycorriganauthor.com

Nancy also writes under the pen names: Dana Archer and Hayden Wolfe.

Wild Hunt (3 books)
  • Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt #1)
  • Hunter Forsaken (Wild Hunt #2)
  • Hunter Mourned (Wild Hunt, #3)