Start by marking “Chasing Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #1)

Chasing Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #1)

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  934 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Enjoy the debut novel by Rylie Roberts. Coming September 15, 2015.

Lara Hunter’s life is finally headed in the right direction. With a good education, a great new job, and her dear best friend, Kade, by her side, nothing can get in her way until a freak rain storm leaves her sprawled across the road in the middle of a busy intersection during rush hour traffic.

Reed Prescott
Published (first published September 15th 2015)

NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a pretty easy read with not that much drama. I had some major issues with the H (especially for the first half of the book) being a jerk, and the h allowing him to be. The h had self esteem issues from her childhood, and that point was brought up too much for my taste (especially with her asking the H "why me?" several times)...and just became kind of annoying IMO.

Storyline: This was Lara and Reed's story. They meet when Lara is rushing to get to her new job
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Fantastic debut novel. I always love discovering new authors and this novel was a great introduction to this author's writing.
I loved the solid characters and interesting plotline.
Lara has finally managed to get the job of her dreams. She is the new public relations specialist for a big firm. Her first day is destroyed when fate-and bad weather-throw Reed in her path.
Reed. Arrogant, cold and calculating Reed. He is not in the least interested in Lara's predicament but out of fear of seeming bad
A_Ryan
Nov 17, 2015 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I REALLY wanted to enjoy this book... but two days later and I'm only 15% in. It just hasn't grabbed me. Maybe I'll leave this for another time.

I haven't left a rating... mostly because I haven't really read enough of it.
A case of "It's not the book, it's me".
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lara Hunter is beyond excited when she lands a job in PR at a prestigious company. She would never have imagined the turn her life was going to take when she found herself sprawled across the road after taking a fall in a rainstorm as she made her first commute.

Reed Prescott is the kind of man who doesn't have time for things like careless women who fall flat on their faces right in front of his moving vehicle. Motivated by nothing more than avoiding a lawsuit and/or bad press, Reed goes over th
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

On her way to her first day at her dream job, Lara flat out falls in front of her new boss - who she does not know is her new boss.

Reed is momentarily worried about her suing him, but once he sees her, really sees her, he is immediately intrigued by the beautiful woman in front of him. He is not sure what to do with these feelings he has for her - he doesn't do the relationship thing, more of a wham bam thank you ma'am kind of guy.

I loved that Lara did not instan
Emily Goodman
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me start out by saying I can not believe this girl is a first time author. People, if this is her first book, then I can’t wait to see what is in store for us. Chasing Happy was such a great book! I was absorbed into this story line immediately upon reading the first chapter.

Chasing Happy is the story of Reed, an arrogant millionaire playboy and Lara, a quiet beauty embarking on her first steps towards the life she has always wanted. Love wasn’t a in the plans for either, but when their pat
Christine
The story fell apart for me after 45%. I just got bored.
The heroine and her mentioning her shoes annoyed me. I got it...she liked nice shoes. I wish authors would stop repeating things!!!

(view spoiler)

The heroine falls in front of the hero's car. She is on her way to her new job. First he think
Anne OK
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
A fun-to-read sizzler with a multi-millionaire, whose ego is the size of Texas and a young woman with self-esteem problems brought about by a horrible childhood. Nothing really new. But still a good read with a style all its own. Set in Dallas, Texas among the high rollers. Her roommate and best friend is gay and a cop. He, too, has issues and hopefully we'll see his story in an installment in this new series by a debuting author.
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Captivating..Addicting…Masterful debut novel by Rylie Roberts. Rylie bring her characters to life and made me fall in love with Reed and Lara on every page.

Sexy…Lustful…Passionate…between the steamy scenes and meaningful topics Chasing Happy makes for an all around amazing read.

Riley Roberts is a new author for me but I fell in love with the synopsis and cover so I thought what the heck. I was so glad that I did. Chasing Happy is exactly what the title tells you! It’s about chasing your happy an
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

CHASING HAPPY was one of those books that took me by surprise. I loved the characters and the storyline made it hard for me to put the book down.

Lara and Reed had that chemistry that I love. The love/hate vibe they try to hide behind when all they want to do is rip the clothes off each other. They had that from practically the moment they met. Lara tried to fight it and Reed tried to exploit it, which led to some very interesting and lively
Sassy Southern
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 happy stars to Chasing Happy and to Rylie Roberts. For a debut novel she has done an excellent job! And I really can't wait to see what else she puts out.
Lara Hunter has finally got a great job that is hopefully going to help her get ahead in life. She has worked really hard to get her education and not fall into the same lifestyle her dad is in. And with her best friend Kade by her side protecting her.
Reed Prescott has built his empire up just to take down his grandfather any way possible
beth myrick
I liked the story, a lot

But, good God, what an annoying heroine. She went past the point of stupid and entered clueless. Why me, why me, why me....over and over and over. I have no idea what he saw in her, but I just couldn't feel it. And I never felt what she was seeing in him. Part of the book she's trying to set him up with her gay best friend. This gets mentioned even after they've been together and her gay best friend says something about her moving in with the H. See what I mean. And as mu
Melissa Mcentyre
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rylie Roberts has written the best first book I have read by a first time Author. Chasing Happy is truly that in reading this story. Lara finely has her first job and it is a dream. Reed is an arrogant, focused, demon driven, wealthy business man. They both have horrid past that influences the idea of ever finding Happy. Lara has Kade, her protector and roommate. Reed has four best friends with whom he grew up. Their lives collide on a rainy morning in Dallas and then the Chasing begins. The pai ...more
Jill M
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I may be in the minority but for the beginning part of the book it felt a little slow moving and not captivating enough for me. I just can’t put my finger on it and I don’t know why. But that never stopped me and I continued on and I’m glad I did.

I loved the progression these characters made after I got over my hump. Both had tragic pasts but each had their own way of coping and overcoming those obstacles. This story touched on some heavy topics but in the end everything worked out. Like the st
Smut Hut
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Laramie known as Lara by her friends is about to start a new job. She is a little spit fire who has had a rough life. Her father is known as the town drunk in her hometown in NC. She has moved to Texas to live with her best friend Kade. Now on her way to her new job something unexpected happens.

Reed is a wealthy business man who is totally alpha. He is also a very angry man who just needs something solid in his life to count on. Sadly he went about it the wrong way. Once he finds it will he be a
Liz
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-so-good
Should have been titled "Chasing an A-hole"

There's nothing new here, or anything truly enjoyable about this book.

I found nothing likable about Reed... he's a jerk who has no idea how to treat anyone kindly... including his own friends and family. Poor Lara doesn't know any better because everyone in her past life has treated her poorly, so she's swayed by fancy clothes (although she protests, she still accepts them).

I found this relationship sad, which tainted the erotic parts of it. This wasn't
June
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I like to make it 3.5 stars but prefer to round it up rather than down. Goodread should start allowing for half stars.

Romance is good and I really liked Lara and Kade and how Lara changes Reed.

The concept of becoming a billionaire though, from nothing in 10 years is a bit unrealistic. Otherwise really enjoyed it. Oh, and also way too many sex scene. it starts to get boring and take away from the nice romance.
Michelle Nageldinger
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
We meet Lara and Reed in this book. Lara is excited to begin a new job until she is caught in a storm and nearly hit by a car. Trying to prevent legal issues Reed goes above and beyond for Lara. Right away Lara is uninterested and tries to set Reed up with her best friend Kade. The chemistry between these two was great. Even the secondary characters were loveable. What a great read.
Cocktails and Books
Review to come.
Deb Diem
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Happy is my first book by Rylie Roberts, so I didn't know what to expect. WOW!! What a great surprise. Ms Roberts has delivered a well-written book. The characters in this story were phenomenal. Ms Roberts did an outstanding job, these characters are perfect for this story, not only the main characters, but the whole cast of characters were awesome. She rates an A+ for characters. Reed and Lara's story is loaded with drama, humor, sizzle and while both characters had issues growing up, t ...more
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
The story was okay but I didn't like the main characters- Reed is controlling, overbearing and manipulative, he doesn't really seem to listen to Lara he does improve towards the end but at the beginning he's verging on creepy/abusive the way he keeps pushing when she says no and he manipulates her.

Lara didn't really seem like a real person, apparently stunningly beautiful but totally unaware of it, super nice to everyone and most people seem to like her but she says no one likes her. She also do
Angel
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mf, freebie
Both Reed and Lara had issues from their childhoods that gave them doubts in relationships. They were able to overcome those and find happiness together. Great story, great characters. I'm hoping some of these characters show up in future books, especially Lara's best friend Kade. Looking forward to reading more in this series.
james coric
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely fell in love with Lara and Reed. Reed's affection for Lara even in his cynicism was never demeaning like some alpha's are and love scenes were sensual without being overly descriptive. The entire story was just humorous and believable. It is my new favorite book!
Lexi Divan
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Lara and Reed both come with complicated pasts. They learn to move past them and embrace the future together. They learn to love themselves and each other. It was a good book. Some parts emphasized the darkness they faced and the light they now embrace.
Lizbeth
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Downward dog
This is a wonderful captivating story filled with engaging characters. It is sexy, emotional and fun. I can’t wait to read more by this author.
Amy Neighbors Senethavilay
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Chasing Happy is the story of two very different individuals who believe they have little internal value to offer the world. Due to the hardships and damaged created during their youth, both character seem to think there are reasons they will never be good enough for someone as a long term commitment. One has been hardened by life, seeking revenge in all he does, and one has learned to love and care with her whole heart regardless of how much it may hurt later.

So when the when the cocky, sexy, c
Chrissy
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
On her first day of her new job, Lara is freaking out over starting, and things seem to go from bad to worse. As she's on her way to work, she ends up falling in front of a moving car. Reed was more worried about being sued than anything else, and throws Lara in his car to have her looked at and taken care of. Neither one of them could have predicted how much that one event would change both their lives forever.

Lara is cute and a little niave when it comes to Reed. She thinks one thing about him
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
4.5 Hearts

Chasing Happy is a great duet novel by Rylie Roberts and the start to a series I know I will be hooked on. I can never get enough of a man-whore in a suit that might have found their match and want more...

Lara has worked hard to get where she is today. She is on her way to her first day of a new job that she is nervous about but she has her power suit on and her lucky Jimmy Choos. Well, the day doesn't go as planned...she doesn't even make it to her office before everything goes in a
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** ARC provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

As I've stated before, I don't read many MF stories, however, the lovely and very talented Kindle Alexander recommended Rylie Roberts to us and I found myself intrigued by the blurb, so I agreed to review Chasing Happy. I'm very happy I did, too, since this is a great story especially if you consider this is Rylie Roberts' debut novel.

Lara Hunter is on her way to start her first day at her new job. She doesn't fe
  • Billionaire Husband
  • Nine
  • Colton (Hadley #1)
  • Dead or Alive
  • Stealing Ryder (Sharing Harper, #2)
  • Never Kiss a Bad Boy
  • Lane (Made From Stone #1)
  • Lessons of the Heart
  • Always Us (Jade, #8)
  • All the Right Places (Riley O'Brien & Co., #1)
  • Love, Untamed (Discovering Love #1)
  • For the Rush (Playing for Keeps #3)
  • Mine
  • Her Dom (Dominic Powers, #1)
  • 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s #1)
  • Fearless (Forever, #7)
  • Brie Lives Her Fairy Tale (Submissive in Love, #8)
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
Hollywood Binge novels debuting June 11, 2017 with co-author, Julia Bright. You can follow along by joining her newsletter at www.rylieroberts.com. Stay tuned. There’s more on the way.
More about Rylie Roberts

A Happily Ever After Novel (3 books)
  • Acting Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #2)
  • Mission Happy (A Happily Ever After Novel #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be