Jump to ratings and reviews

Wild Seasons #4

Wicked Sexy Liar

When three college besties meet three hot guys in Vegas, anything can—and does—happen. Book Four in the New York Times Wild Seasons series that began with Sweet Filthy Boy, Dirty Rowdy Thing, and Dark Wild Night.

London Hughes is very content to surf daily, tend bar, hang out with her group of friends, and slowly orient herself in the years after college. Everything’s going great and according to the non-plan.

But when a wave knocks her for a loop one morning, then Luke Sutter’s flirtatious smile knocks her for another that evening, she veers slightly off course…and into his path. Sure, he’s a total player, but the Why not—it’s only one night is a persistent voice in her ear.

For his part, Luke’s been on hookup autopilot for so long that he rarely ever pauses to consider what he’s doing. But after an amazing time with London, he realizes that he hasn’t been moving on from a devastating heartbreak so much as he’s been drifting to wherever—and whomever—the current takes him. With London he wants more.

Every relationship involves two people…plus their pasts. And as much as she enjoys her fling with Luke, when London learns about his past—more specifically, who’s in it—everything becomes the brand of complicated she strives to avoid. It’s up to Luke then to change some things in order to try and ensure he’s not something she’ll outright avoid as well.

384 pages, Paperback

First published February 2, 2016

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Christina Lauren

92 books62.2k followers
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/best friends Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced eighteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.)

We don't respond to private messages here, so please contact us via twitter (@seeCwrite for Christina and @LolaShoes for Lauren) or our site. Thank you!!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
458 (2%)
1 star
100 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,464 reviews
Profile Image for Jennifer Kyle.
2,339 reviews4,596 followers
February 3, 2016
4 ~ 4.25 Logan STARS

description

Christina Lauren adds a sexy and enjoyable fourth book to this fun series. This book could be read as a standalone, however I have loved the other books in the series so I suggest trying them out in order.

The story is told in alternating POVs of London and Luke two perfectly matched and wonderful lead characters. I adored both characters, however Luke’s fantastic family, sexy and sweet ways gifts him with my favorite character of this book’s spot.

It took a little while for me to realize that Luke Sutter was Mia’s boyfriend of many years who now plays the man-whore role for the past years with great skill. He falls into bed with London, friend to the group of the girls of this series and the connection of who he is to the group and his player role all add to London trying to keep him a one or two night thing out of protectiveness over her own heart.

”I like Luke, too. I’m attracted to Luke. I have fun with Luke. I just don’t trust Luke. And even if I did, I can’t have him.”

description

Other than Luke’s phone always blowing up with random calls from woman and that he’s Mia’s ex, the obstacle that still didn’t make sense was Harlow. I mean she has the HOTTEST guy of the series, Fisherman Finn and she came off all sorts of wrong to me in this book.

description

Slowly Luke shows London who he is and they learn to trust one another and per course of these authors' books this couple is super-hot and sexy in the bedroom!!

description

London and Luke were wonderful together and this book is light on the drama, quick on the banter and all adds up to create a good read. Also, we find out what Not-Joe’s real name is which is a total bonus!

description

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2) by Christina Lauren Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons, #3) by Christina Lauren Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons, #4) by Christina Lauren
Profile Image for Christy.
3,709 reviews31.6k followers
February 14, 2016
4-4.5 stars!!!

photo D76AACFC-291D-4A1B-8DB9-8CE54E5D2502_zpssteg2tax.jpg

I’ve enjoyed every book in this Christina Lauren series so much! All of them have been sweet, sexy and super entertaining. Wicked Sexy Liar is no exception. In fact, it may be my favorite one yet! It took me a few minutes of reading to remember exactly who London (Lola’s roommate) and Luke (Mia’s ex) were, but once I did, I was fully immersed in their story.

Luke is a bit of a player. Or he has been ever since he and Mia broke up years ago. He’s not your typical player though. He’s got that charming and sweet thing going, and he loves his mom, sister and grandma. His back and forth with his sister was one of my favorite things about this book! London works in a bar. She has a degree in graphic/web design but isn’t using it. She doesn't do love or relationships. She was burned once, badly and hasn’t wanted to jump in since. Especially with a player like Luke.
“Are you a good monster, or a bad monster, Luke Sutter?”

“Can’t I be both?”

photo F6D4539C-76A2-4CF6-A9DC-5198DFBE58C2_zpsdsipgcm4.jpg

As much as she tries to deny that it’s just attraction between the two of them, it’s not. It’s so much more. They have a great connection and some amazing chemistry. I loved the progression of both the main characters. It’s always good for me when I love both the hero and the heroine. And when a book can make me laugh and smile. Plus, I listened to the audio book and the narration was great as usual. I’ve listened to this entire series in audio and it’s one I would recommend listening to.

This book had a few heartwarming moments, made me laugh out loud AND was steamy and fun. Can’t ask for much more than that! I’m not sure if this is the last book or not. I certainly wouldn’t object to a Margo (Luke’s sister) book! 4-4.5 stars. This is one I would recommend if you’re looking for a fun romance. It can be read as a standalone, but I love the entire series!

photo E4F272F4-EFB5-4934-AC61-29900501EC28_zpshdilr19q.jpg
Profile Image for Brandi.
633 reviews1,277 followers
February 4, 2016
4.25 Stars
description

Wicked Sexy Liar is Luke and London's story. London is Lola's roommate, she is fairly new to the group, and not your average girl. Although she has a degree, she spends her days surfing and her nights tending bar. When working one night, she meets Luke, who seems to be the stereotypical manwhore - which isn't too far off the mark.

description

Luke was Mia's first love, they dated for like 6-7 years and things ended after the accident she was in. Luke isn't a bad guy, he just hasn't been looking for love. But when he meets London, interest is sparked - he likes her, alot, but damn does she make him work for it. Thing is, London has trust issues, even though she likes Luke she tries to keep feelings out of it.

description

These two were adorable, and hot together. I loved them. I enjoyed watching the walls they built fall, and decide to take a chance on one another. It wasn't all smooth sailing, Harlow, makes some waves, but overall this read was a steamy, fun and heartwarming.

description
Profile Image for TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover.
362 reviews862 followers
April 20, 2017
ON CRAZY SALE!!!!!!! --> http://amzn.to/2oOhuTy

description

I have died and been brought back to life thanks to Christina Lauren. Yes, I now know what it is like to die and come back because of the perfection that was this book. I want to weep at the feet of these two fabulous women for creating the perfect specimen that is Luke Sutter.

Too much? I'd advise you to stop reading this review now then, because a whole lot of gushing is about to come your way.

Anyone who knows me knows the love I have for these authors, and specifically for Beautiful Player. That book was and will always be one of my all-time favorites ever, and I think anyone who has read it would agree. But I can say with complete confidence Wicked Sexy Liar is just as brilliant. Just as sexy, just as thrilling and emotional and humorous and amazing and something about Luke and London just clicks, and everything that happens just works, and the writing is just phenomenal and there wasn't a thing I would change, not a thing I didn't like.

For those who aren't familiar with London & Luke - a little backstory: Luke, Mia's ex, is a sort of manwhore with a heart of gold. London, roommates with Lola and also friends with Mia, is oblivious to who Luke is when they meet at the bar where she currently works. After they meet and flirt, a sort of 'we're not friends but we have benefits - sometimes' arrangement is non-verbally made.

At first, London is reluctant to give Luke the time of day, but after some charming persuasion on his part, she gives in to the initial attraction she has towards him.

Following me with his eyes, he asks "So is this no-dating-guys-you-meet-at-work thing, like, an actual rule?"
"Sort of."
"What if I promised I was absolutely worth it?"
Why do I think he is absolutely telling the truth? He smiles shyly, but behind his honey brown eyes, I can see he's still hunting.
"I'm sure you're amazing, but I don't even remember your name."
"Yes, you do."
He leans forward, crossing his arms on the glossy wood.
I bite back a smile.

London really has no desire to have any kind of relationship with anyone, and while Luke isn't against having one, once they get together, he is totally and completely hooked. These two have a crazy connection, get along so well, and their chemistry is u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e. But after learning who Luke really is and feeling like she is breaking some sort of girl code with Mia, along with the fact she doesn't really trust him because of his past hook ups, London feels like the "relationship" they do have must come to an end. Luke, though, isn't having it. He is determined to win her over. These scenes were probably some of my favorites. You get to really see his endearing charm and can't help but route for the guy. And I LOVED how his reasoning to continue to push London to see him again wasn't just for the sex; he has a genuine interest in wanting to get to know and spend time with her.

"I think you don't like how much you like me," I say, unable to keep from smiling. "You can't fit me into your Barfly Box of Shame. You want to dismiss me as a dickhead player, but then you think I'm hot and fun and you like watching me eat nachos."
London turns her face back up to me, smirking. "Nailed it."
"Apt phrase." I pause, tossing another chip into my mouth before saying, "You sort of want to kiss me right now."

Let's take a moment here to discuss Luke. Luke - who took me completely by surprise. Luke- who is just a freaking overall amazing guy, with his flirty lines, his sweet intentions, and his romantic thoughts. I immediately pegged him as a pig, but BOY WAS I WRONG. You know that 'giddy, clutch the book to your chest, OMG WHY ISN'T HE REAL, CAN I HAVE HIM, I can't stop squealing' feeling you get when you're reading a really good book? Yea, every time he spoke or basically any thought he had caused that reaction. Just a few lines so you see what I mean:

We're no longer headed toward a fun fuck, the rutting, confident sex I've been enjoying for years. I suddenly can't muster the out-of-focus tenderness I give so easily. This isn't like the other night with her - two people experiencing something completely different together.
Here, I'm peeled bare.
I want to make love to this sweet, distrustful girl.

description

The most fucked up thought hijacks my brain: I don't want to have sex right now. I want to kiss her. Just kiss. Just feel. I want to focus on the way she touches me, the sounds she makes when I touch her. We've charged through everything so far, and I want to go back and feel all the Firsts with her.

CAN YOU EVEN DEAL? Needless to say, once their relationship progressed, these two easily became one of my favorite book couples. There was just the right amount of sexy and sweet, humor and angst, and reluctance on London's part to give in to this incredible guy who has somehow dug his way into her heart.

...Whatever it is, it makes me drunk on her. Being near her, making her smile, makes me feel incredible. She can see it and I let her. I'm fucking drunk on this girl.
Finally, exhaling a shaky breath, she smacks my chest, "You're hopeless."
I grab her hand before she can pull it away, resting it on my chest. I know she can feel my heart pounding, and if what I'm watching happen with her pulse in her throat is any indication, her heart is beating just as hard.
I smile, and watch as it softens something in her expression.
"I think you're right," I tell her.

I can't feel my heart anymore. Do I even have one? NOPE - don't think so. These two have stolen it.

description

I really think Christina Lauren wield some magic ink or power or something. I don't know how they can make each of their books so refreshing, romantic, and sexy as all hell. Or how they can take something as simple as hand holding and make it one of the most romantic scenes, or a line about pop-tarts so funny I couldn't control the laugh that bubbled out of my throat (and you'll see what I mean when you read this baby). Their writing continues to be smart, their dialogue witty, their characters enticing, and it all just draws you in from the get-go. Nobody does contemporary romance quite like them.

This is just another book that cements them as two of my favorite authors. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I had to stop to squeal from giddiness, or stop to highlight an amazing line. I absolutely LOVED it and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Wicked Sexy Liar (can be read as a standalone) is now live! | http://amzn.to/1JWHZgj

*A big thanks to Gallery Books for sending an advanced copy for review*

Find Me On:
InstagramFB PageFB BlogBlogTwitter
Profile Image for Beverly.
1,005 reviews801 followers
January 26, 2016
A predictable life never changed anyone.

This is one my most anticipated releases of 2016, I mean Luke and London. I wanted to read this book so badly, but I had no idea I would love it this much. Definitely my favorite in the series so far!

Just a recap, Luke is Mia’s high school boyfriend. So you know Luke doesn’t exactly have the best reputation or history, but he also didn’t do anything wrong. So I was all about Luke finding his happily ever after. London is Lola’s roommate. Okay, now that I have us all caught up.

London is a fantastic character. She isn’t your typical girlie girl, she surfs and works in a bar. That is where she meets Luke, at work. She immediately draws conclusions about him based on stereotypes and the funniest part is she is mostly right. This only offends Luke and makes him work harder, he is drawn to her no nonsense attitude. I also loved how she wasn’t afraid to put Luke in his place.

You’ve dialed down the flirtation tonight, but you’re acting like a robot. It’s like you have two settings: pickup artist or awkward.

London is more comfortable being alone and prefers it to falling into something temporary, fake or being taken used. I loved that London meant what she said, she wasn’t saying what she thought Luke wanted to hear, she is genuine. She is anti-drama and doesn’t play games, but she is still just a regular girl. I don’t fault her for being unable to resist Luke.

I mean Luke is hella hot. I fell pretty freaking hard for him too. Especially when he wasn’t afraid to work for it. I love how Christina Lauren developed Luke’s character. He is your quintessential jock, womanizer, and basically one pick up line after another, but he is also more. I loved that. I also love how we gradually learned more about his character and his actions. It wasn’t just told to us, they sold this in the things Luke did.

Luke and London originally hook up just for sex. It goes against everything London believes, but Luke convinces her it’s worth it. This night together really sets the stage for everything else. Side note, this is the hardest review because I basically want to spoil everything. I want to tell you why the night was perfect, how it was realistic but better. It was funny, but super hot. But that would be super shitty, because you deserve to enjoy this book for yourself like I did.

Christina Lauren blew this book out of the water, they exceeded all my expectations. This story is panty melting hot and laugh out loud funny. It is heart warming and full of feels, but also light and fun. This is the type of book that every time I put it down I wanted to pick it back up. I wanted to jump back into Luke and London’s story and when it ended I only wanted more.

If you are a fan of this series, I think you will be super pleased. I was dying for this book, the hype was up and it exceeded my expectations. I more than recommend this!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Angela.
582 reviews1,257 followers
March 30, 2019
When I started Wicked Sexy Liar I went into it with a really vague idea of whom and what it would be about. Once I got to Luke's POV I remember thinking "Huh... I feel like I've hear about this guy before?"... Well that's because I have! Luke is a guy that was mentioned in book one (Sweet Filthy Thing). So once this clicked in my head I was floored. Why? Because I remember thinking about how much of a dick he sounded!.. However, I was oh so wrong! Luke was freaking adorable! I think that I originally didn't like him because I was suffering from a case of "girl code". I heard all these stories and events about him (all from the ladies) and automatically went with my girls. I was reminded that every story has two sides and I was also reminded to go into everyone open minded. Luke, though a bit of a womanizer, was still a complete sweetheart. He is funny, caring, very involved with his family, and unlike a lot of the men in Christina Lauren write isn't very complicated. He will just tell you what he is thinking when he is thinking about it. He also doesn't get embarrassed easily which I loved. London, our other POV, was someone I thought I would have trouble connecting with. Since she is described as a surfer girl I didn't think we would instantly click... we did though! Which you know is amazing when it happens. London ended up personality wise being like a lot of girls I know. She is a little more guarded then Luke which made their romantic dynamic a lot more interesting. The way these two feed off each other had me rolling. Their banter is perfection. The situations they are put in also felt very real. Out of the entire Wild Season Series and The Beautiful Bastard Series  it is the most believable. I like the way these two met, how they spend their time together,  the reason they hold off on things, and so much more. I got such a kick out of Luke calling London by the wrong name.

The pace of this book and it's storyline is amazing. Some authors might have tried to put as much into a book that these two did and they would have failed, but being Christina Lauren they managed to make a couple do and accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. I feel like we really got to see into both London's and Luke's lives and that the story gave each of them time to shine without having one outshine the other. like I said above, this story is also the most believable. Let's be real. we love Christina Lauren's books because they are so out there, wild, and crazy... Oh and because they are things that would probably never ever happen to anyone. This book broke the usual formula they use and I like that they took a different approach from their norm.

Wicked Sexy Liar is just stunning, comical, emotional, and as brilliant as the rest of their series are. Wicked Sexy Liar is the perfect end to the perfect series... No seriously, perfect. I rated every book in this series a perfect 10/10 (5/5). I think these two really understand what readers want out of their new adult and have no fear in giving it to us and for that I thank  you.

READ THIS REVIEW AND OTHERS OVER ON OUR BLOG:

SBSR SBSR SBSR
Profile Image for Pavlina Read more sleep less blog  .
2,434 reviews4,553 followers
February 5, 2016
4-4.5 STARS

I'm a huge fan of this series and I was super excited to read Wicked Sexy Liar. I loved it , it's the best book in the series! I not only fell in love with the characters but also the story was so enjoyable.

description

Luke and London are cute, sweet, funny and super hot when they are together! I also loved that their relationship developed slowly and it was so nice seeing them been flirty!! It felt original and I could easily connect with London and Luke! What I loved more about Luke is that nothing was easy for him. He was trying to win London over slowly and this is what makes the story beautiful.

If you are looking for a fast paced ,super hot and funny read Sexy Wicked Liar is the perfect book for you!
Profile Image for Jeanne .
303 reviews
February 6, 2016
2.5 stars!

Well, I'm glad that's over with. I almost dnf'd at the halfway point, but I liked the beginning enough to try to reach the end. Plus, I wanted to finish the series. I loved Sweet Filthy Boy, and that book and Ansel are still my favorite. This book wasn't bad exactly, which is why I rated it 3 stars instead of 2, I just didn't think it was all that interesting or engaging.

I have a feeling this is going to be more of a nonsensical list of complaints than a review, sorry in advance, Lol.

OK, so....the whole plot of this book is Luke is a manwhore, and London keeps resisting him because she can't trust a manwhore. Ugh, how many times can I read this? and there was no other storyline. I just didn't think there was enough dialogue or chemistry to stay interested. Everything about it was forgettable.

For my friends who don't like "other women" scenes in your books.....here's a little spoiler for ya.

I also thought the relationship with his sister was written a little over the top. This could be a problem only for me, I don't know. All I do know, is that my only sibling is a brother three years younger than me. And, you know what???? The last thing I would ever want to do is listen to TMI stories about his sex life. I mean, gross. So, I know that was supposed to be sweet and show what a good guy Luke is, but I just thought it was awkward.

There's a scene toward the end, where his sister let herself into HIS house with her key, heard him having sex with London, and stayed there listening to them like a creeper. If I went to my brother's house and realized he was "busy" *snort*, I would have stuck my fingers in my ears and gotten the fuck out of there as fast as possible.

When Luke comes out of the room and realizes his sister has popped over to his house, he says, "Fuck. I'm sorry."

and Margot says, "Part of me wants to congratulate whoever is in there because that certainly sounded great."

uuuumm????

Ick. I just thought a lot of the side relationships seemed a little forced and unnatural. The humor in Christina Lauren books can be hit or miss for me, and for whatever reason it fell flat for me in this one. *shrugs*

Moving on, I also thought Harlow was annoying. Why was it any of her business that London was doing the deed with Luke?

I don't know, I thought this was overall just meh, but most of my friends are loving it, so don't take me too seriously!
Profile Image for Jacqueline's Reads.
2,735 reviews1,478 followers
February 5, 2016
5 Dreamy Luke Redeeming stars

I didn’t read the first two books in the series, I know slap me now. I am actually doing an audio read of the first one now. Wicked Sexy Liar is the fourth book in the Wild Seasons series and all the books are standalones. You don’t need to read the first book, but if you want more Luke or an understanding of Mia’s story then do what I am doing. Read Wicked Sexy Liar and then do the audio (or book, whatever tickles your fancy) of Sweet Filthy Boy.

Mia is focused on book one and Luke was Mia’s first boyfriend. The thing you have to know about Luke is that he was the PERFECT boyfriend for many years, but after a tragic accident that changed Mia, which resulted in their breakup, well, it also changed Luke too. He’s now a MAJOR player.

I read a lot of romance books and there are a lot of books where the Hero is depicted as the player, but you don’t really get that until you read Wicked Sexy Liar. I really loved how Christina and Lauren portrayed Luke’s manly ways, with all the texts and attention he gets from the female ladies. He really gets around.

London is a very likable Heroine. She’s had a bad past relationship and is NOT looking for anything, she doesn’t date, flirt or have one night stands, but there’s something about Luke that makes her want to break her last rule. Why not? And I’m thinking the whole time, WHY YES YES YES!!!! I really liked London, she’s a strong girl and she knows what she wants. Also, I’m a big fan of the Hero chasing after the Heroine.

The thing that I really enjoyed about this book was the chemistry between Luke and London. The banter and the slightly mild tension was just perfection in my opinion. I was glued to the pages and I read this book in one sitting. It’s never a dull moment when I pick up a Christina Lauren book, they know the recipe for a knock out hit. I got everything I wanted in a romance with epic characters, wonderful storyline and witty dialogue. I simply couldn’t get enough.

An ARC was provided

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren Sweet Filthy Boy AMAZON
Dirty Rowdy Thing (Wild Seasons, #2) by Christina Lauren Dirty Rowdy Thing AMAZON
Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons, #3) by Christina Lauren Dark Wild Night REVIEW | AMAZON
Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons, #4) by Christina Lauren Wicked Sexy Liar AMAZON
Profile Image for Whitney Atkinson.
903 reviews13.7k followers
January 13, 2019

I'm not mad about this book, it just feels like an afterthought to the "original trilogy." Still, all that I love about Christina Lauren books was present in this one--realistic, flawed main characters, engaging and non-cheesy dialogue, and clear communication between the love interests. This book didn't really even have anything ~wrong~ with it, it was just your plain and average romance. The reason I didn't rate this one as highly as her other books is because it lacked the spark of personal connection since I couldn't really locate myself in either of the characters, which is something I esteem in romance more than other genres. Still, the characters remained true to themselves and had solid arcs of development, so I can't fault it for that. However, toward the end, this book became a dualistic narrative about London's growth both in her friend group and in a romantic relationship, and I really only cared about her relationship with Luke, so I skim read anything that wasn't their interactions about dating.

But it was a great, healthy romance as always! Truly, romance authors wish they could touch Christina Lauren. I have yet to read anything by them that wholly disappoints me on that end.
Profile Image for FV Angela.
1,258 reviews113 followers
Want to read
September 9, 2015
Update': We're now at 52 ratings and a 4.42 rating. Lol

Amazingly this book already has 43 ratings with an average of 4.51stars. And it doesn't come out till Feb of NEXT year. This is my biggest pet peeve about Goodreads, people rating books that aren't even in the arc stage yet.
Profile Image for Eda**.
698 reviews444 followers

** 4 “HOMG NOT-JOE'S REAL NAME” STARS **

“Are you a good monster, or a bad monster, Luke Sutter?”

“Can’t I be both?”

description

This is a case of “I-didn't-like-the-heroine-one-damn-bit”.

The overall storyline was interesting; it sure started really good, but then it deflated rather quickly and went on like a plato.

Oh and could someone PLEASE smack the sh*t out of Harlow? UGGGGGGGGH!

OVERALL: All these starts are for my Not-Joe, Luke's cuteness, Ansel and Mia. I swear these guys saved the book for me. Fingers crossed that the next book will be for my Not-Joe, whose REAL GODDAMN NAME we now know! *secretly giggles*

F*ck, I think I finally figured it out: falling in love isn’t about who makes you feel the best, but who could make you the most miserable if they leave.
Profile Image for Vilma.
596 reviews2,881 followers
February 4, 2016
Wickedly sexy, flirty and fun to read! Everything I want to read in a contemporary romance.

I’m obsessed with this entire series. Every book is entirely consuming, fabulously flirty and fun to read. Every story touts the perfect mix of heart, humor and heat. And just when I think I couldn’t love a couple more, along come Luke and London.

I loved them!

Theirs is a story rife with angst, riddled by fears of the past, and reluctant to a desire that brightly burns between them.

You may recall Luke Sutter—the Luke that was Mia’s first love. As fate would have it, Mia found Ansel one drunken Vegas night, but Luke, on the other hand, has been hopping from one bed to the next, his phone fastidiously brightening with texts from girls who seek him out. But when London Hughes catches his eye, he can’t seem to turn away.

London is a girl happy to catch her high on the waves during the day, while tending bar at night. She’s not looking for a relationship, certainly not with the kind of guy who sits on the opposite side of the bar. One night, however, Luke’s charm knocks out her usual defenses… enough for her to break the rules.

“Sex with a guy like Luke is supposed to mean multiple orgasms and a smile you have to explain to your friends the next day. It’s also supposed to be a one-time thing.”

Luke and London are both drifting through their own lives, each working through past heartbreaks and hangups. So when something significant sparks to life, it’s a big surprise they each struggle to process. Can she trust him to stay the course? Could she mend the pieces of a heart broken long ago? Wasn’t this supposed to be a fun, casual romp between the sheets anyway? Making complicated matters more complicated, once London learns he’s that Luke from Mia’s past, she knows she needs to stay away.

“Luke seems to get me, better than I like to let him believe. Unfortunately, he’s flaky, has douchey friends, is a womanizer, and–after this morning’s drama?–completely off-limits.”

These reluctant lovers fall in love slowly, a delicious slow burn that kept me up all night reading with a huge smile plastered on my face. The quick-witted banter, the push and pull, the off-the-charts chemistry… I just couldn’t get enough. I absolutely love Christina Lauren and their singular style of storytelling, and Luke and London’s story is another home run for this talented writing pair!

“I’m thinking that you’re mine…”

“Fucking all yours.”

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

Follow Vilma's Book Blog: Website | Facebook | Twitter

description
Profile Image for Radmila.
183 reviews165 followers
4,25 STARS!

"In case I didn't make it clear earlier, I'm crazy in love with you."

So, who is Luke?

I just couldn't remember him. Is he new character? Were did he come from? I had a million questions before reading the book, but after reading first chapter

Luke is Mia's ex and he is a typical bachelor.

"You're almost too stereotypical to be real.
Am I?
You're hot as sin, had to double-check to make sure the last girl didn't leave her underwear on
the couch, and your fridge is bachelor-level empty."

London is Lola's roommate. She has been friend with her since college. She is also good friend with Mia and Harlow. After she meets Luke she feels strong attraction toward him. They end up having one night stand, but she cannot control her feelings, which grows as she spends more time with him.

"A crush, feelings, sometimes more than just good sex."

I liked Luke and London as a couple. They were funny and sweet.

" ' I'll fuck up sometimes, I know I will,' he says with a tiny, flirty smile. 'I'll forget important dates and buy the wrong brand of tampons when you send me to the store and eat wrong number of Pop-Tarts and most likely say unintentionally sexiest things you'll need to point out, but I won't- I promise-ever be unfaithful.' "

"We will be okay.
I am yours.
You are mine.
We're doing this together."

I really hope that author will write a book about Dylan (a.k.a Not-Joe) and Margot. They would make a great couple.

February 14, 2016
4.5 Stars!

What a fun read! I'd only read one book by this author duo and it wasn't a hit so I'm pleased to have loved this one so much. I haven't read any of the other books in the Wild Seasons series but I plan to amend that pronto.

"Can I ovulate from a kiss?"

London is a bartender in San Diego when she meets Luke. He's the picture of man-whore, cheater, douche canoe. She can almost predict what kind of beer he will order just from one look at him. Luke turns on the charm with this hot bartender with dimples but she's quick to shut him down. He's aware he's everything she thinks he is but he wants a chance... a night with this chick.

London has scars that cut deep from both her father's infidelity and her ex-boyfriend cheating on her for years. She doesn't date as any chance of opening that door to her heart needs to remain shut tight. But something about Luke draws her in...their easy banter, his striking good looks, and water polo perfect physique.

photo E6B8005A-8C9F-4B52-839C-18CC7E4E0341_zpshvauagww.jpg

Luke breaks down London's walls one lick and kiss brick at a time yet she's still painfully aware of his man-whore status. Seems nothing has changed with his phone constantly lighting up with booty calls. But can she give him a chance...trust that he truly wants to hang up his bachelor status for her?

For once, Luke tries with a girl...a girl he wants for more than a quick hook up and she just can't trust him. It's like hitting his head against a brick wall with London. Is she worth the hassle? Yes, I do think so...

photo D153FDA7-D582-4510-A333-701B7E1EDDB4_zpsecl6nafg.jpg

Wicked Sexy Liar was sweet and spicy. Not too angsty yet I found myself invested in their love story wholeheartedly. Though I got a bit irritated with London constantly pushing and pulling Luke, I understood her indecision. She made the man work for it and in the end...it worked. Hook. Line. Sinker.

I look forward to more from this author duo. Now, I get to go back and see how Lola, Mia, and Harlow got their HEAs.

Advanced paperback copy received by Simon & Shuster in exchange for my honest review.

Profile Image for ✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰ .
2,120 reviews1,175 followers
February 24, 2017

PERFECT!!!

I loved every word of this book!
Not that I remember what I thought of Luke in Mia & Ansel's story (Bookalzheimers!) but I bet we didn't like him much, because we were #TeamAnsel - but in his own book, Luke was just amazing!
Okay, in the beginning - and during the last few years - he was a bit of a manwhore, but pffff, who cares - he was allowed.
But he's sooo adorable - with the ladies in his family and with Harlow and Lola and Mia (what we heard from him and them about their past) and with Logan ☺☺☺
I just loved him. And I loved London too.
Both of them so scared and hurt from past relationships, and in London's case, also from her parents relationship....but in the end it was sooo worth the risk and the wait to get Luke!!!!

PERFECT ROMANCE with sooo many great scenes - sexy scenes, funny scenes, adorable scenes... and a perfect location too - I just looove SoCal!!! ♥

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Profile Image for Beatrice Masaluñga.
1,134 reviews1,656 followers
November 7, 2017
Wicked Sexy Liar is the last book of the Wild Seasons series and officially becomes my second favorite in the series (Sweet Filthy Boy is the best one for me. Gonna love sexy Ansel Guillame!). This book is about London Hughes and Luke Sutter.

London is Lola's roommate. She's a surfer and graphic designer by profession. She works as a bartender for the meantime while she figures out what she wanted to do. Then, she meets Luke at her workplace. He's a sexy and charming guy with a playboy reputation. She find him irresistible but having a relationship with him? It seems like a bad idea. She has trust issues because her ex-boyfriend cheated on her. She doesn't want to experience it again and her heart wouldn't take it if it's Luke who breaks it. Also, she didn't know that the guy she's falling for was Mia's ex-boyfriend.

Since breaking up with Mia, Luke isn't committed to any relationships. He hooks up with random women and if he ever dates, it's always short lived and forgettable. He's still finding the one until he met London. It's such a small world she's friends with his childhood buddies Harlow, Lola and....Mia.

I thought their story was awkward in the beginning because Luke was dating London and she's friends with Mia. I expected there's going to have a slight tension since Mia and Luke didn't have a closure in the past. It's nice they had one here and both of them handled the situation maturely. Mia was happy with her married life with Ansel and she wished Luke the happiness with London. Though she's a bit appalled, I think it's a natural reaction seeing your ex with someone else but I like she didn't make it a big deal. I love London for making upfront that she's unaware they dated in the past just to make things clear. They handled the situation maturely except Harlow.

Honestly, Harlow annoyed me in this book. I understand she's defending Mia's honor but she's truly in the wrong position to overreact. She's not even Luke's ex-girlfriend and Mia is absolutely chiller than her. Pipe down sis. Overall, this is a great finale for the series. How come Not-Joe doesn't have his book? I'm not used to his real name. I like Not-Joe because I find it comical.
February 16, 2016
Dare I say it, Wicked Sexy Liar might just be my new favorite of the Wild Seasons series! The excruciatingly slow burn between London and Luke, their delectable chemistry, the push and pull, the drama and angst, the wholly refreshing spin on a story of reluctant would-be lovers all written in that wicked sexy Christina Lauren style... how could all of that culminate into anything other than perfection?

It came as a complete surprise to me that I was so taken by two characters I wasn't all that interested in before I opened this book. I mean, London was barely a side character and Luke was... well,  we know who Luke was. But IMMEDIATELY, I was consumed.  These two are magnetic on their own, but together they are explosive. Every glance, every touch, every morsel of delicious flirtatious sensual dialogue, all of it just drew me more and more into this absolutely perfect love story.

It's been a good long while since I've been so consumed by a book that I consciously sacrificed sleep because I couldn't put it down. I had the book hangover to end all book hangovers thanks to this wholly addictive storyline, but I had the eye bags and zombie face to go right along with it. I am such a huge fan of this writing pair, and I so look forward to everything they serve up. But this book in particular felt like it was custom written for me. It had everything I so crave in a good romance but at the same time, it was fresh and new and original. Super angsty, completely intoxicating, off-the-charts-hot, and divinely romantic, this story had it all. The pace and the build made this story what it was, but combined with layers of drama and history and maddeningly frustrating characters, Wicked Sexy Liar was catapulted up there as one of my all-time Christina Lauren favorites!
Profile Image for Ang C.
707 reviews104 followers
DNF - some spoilers.....

I made it to 65% - then skimmed to see where this couple actually acted as if they were in love. 88% in and still not convinced. This story was not for me. I relish in romances where a manwhore falls in love and commits. In addition, I don't really mind relationship drama & angst when there are hookups BEFORE the characters establish feelings. I hate that I hated this read and both main characters. I hate that the authors felt the need to bring the story there. I hated that there was no "steaminess" for the story to fall back on and the sex scenes came off as too "robotic". I loved this series, Ansel being my favorite, but this was a huge freaking disappointment.
Profile Image for Geri Reads.
1,232 reviews2,023 followers
April 8, 2017
I really, really liked this one very much. Now I must go back and read book one of this series because I really enjoyed it.
Profile Image for Rachel.
636 reviews38 followers
Shelved as 'not-going-to-read'
February 6, 2016
I cannot believe I have to shelf a Christina Lauren book. I am so disappointed that I could scream. I hope I can get my freaking money back.

This is also why, no matter who the author is, I NEVER go in blind! And I don't want any trolls reading my shelves getting pissed. What happened is 100% cheating in my book so deal with it or don't read my shit.
Profile Image for AJ.
2,802 reviews913 followers
April 5, 2016
4 stars!

The fourth and final book in the Wild Seasons series brings us the story of Luke and London. London is Lola’s roommate and a friend of the crew, and Luke is Mia’s ex-boyfriend and first love so from the very start you know you're in for an interesting dynamic! Luke and London shared a moment in the last book, and I was really intrigued how this book was going to play out. It’s not an easy ride, and there is some drama, but the fantastic banter and palpable chemistry quickly sucked me in and kept me captivated, and I really enjoyed it.

London lives her life free and easy. She has a degree, but is content to hang out with her friends, spending her nights working at a bar and her days surfing. She knows she needs to grow up at some point, but for the time being she’s happy with the status quo. What she wasn’t expecting was for Luke Sutter to walk into her bar and mess with her happily mellow life.

Luke is amazing. He’s sweet, funny and charming, and I instantly loved him! But he’s also a total manwhore, and he’s been doing the random hookup thing for so long that it’s pretty much habit for him now, something he does without thinking. So when he and London have an immediate attraction, with Luke on auto-pilot and London happy to cut loose and enjoy one night of mind-blowing sex, they proceed to rock each other’s worlds. But after just that one night, Luke knows he wants more, the problem is that London is wary of men (players in particular) and isn’t interested in anything beyond their one night together.

And what follows is a fantastically fun banter-fest full of nicknames, teasing and lots of flirting as Luke persistently pursues London, attempting at the very least to be friends.

“I think you don't like how much you like me," I say, unable to keep from smiling. “You can't fit me into your Barfly Box of Shame. You want to dismiss me as a dickhead player, but then you think I'm hot and fun and you like watching me eat nachos.”
London turns her face back up to me, smirking. “Nailed it.”
“Apt phrase.” I pause, tossing another chip into my mouth before saying, “You sort of want to kiss me right now.”

London is a bag of mixed messages. She pushes Luke away, insisting she doesn’t want anything to do with him, but neither of them can deny the more-than-physical connection that they share, and when the sexual tension becomes too much they end up all over each other again. Totally hot, yes, but they still both want different things, but as they continue spending time together they get to know each other and things slowly start to change – and that’s when things really start to get really complicated.

For her part, Mia has been hurt before and is wary of relationships. She can see that she is slowly starting to feel more than she ever anticipated with Luke and though she fights it every step of the way, Luke proves to be everything that she could have wanted. But just when she’s starting to think about maybe exploring something with him, she learns about his past with Mia, and the whole situation seems too complicated for her to deal with. And Luke is startingto feel something for a woman and for the first time he is forced to really look at his life and figure out what it is he wants.

There’s so many ways to love this girl. Good God, let me find each and every one.

It’s up to Luke to prove to London that he’s changed, that his past doesn’t have to impact on their future, and that she is the one he wants.

“Please,” I rub my thumb over the back of her hand. “Let me show you that I’m not the guy you think I am.”

I really liked this book. Yes, there is a bit of relationship drama, but I thought it was handled really well, and London’s annoying behaviour was more than made up for by Luke and his awesomeness. And the trademark humour that these authors do so well keeps things light and enjoyable.

There is a potential red flag for some readers regarding Luke and his manwhorish ways - - but his journey through the book is an awakening of sorts, and I thought it was all really realistically writen. I loved watching these two come together, and seeing Luke fall hard for London was gorgeous!

I finally figured it out: falling in love isn't about who makes you feel the best, but who could make you the most miserable if they leave.

Overall, I thought this was a really great read. I liked the characters, their story was a great mix of funny, sexy and romantic, and it was explored and handled really well. And, of course, I also loved catching up with the characters from the earlier books – I still have no clue WTF Harlow’s problem was, but everybody else was awesome, and I loved getting to see another side of not-Joe.

I have loved this series! Sad to see it ending, but definitely one I’ll be rereading again in the future.

4 stars.

Profile Image for Floripiquita.
1,327 reviews150 followers
October 27, 2018
No esperaba nada de este libro y quizá sea el que más me ha gustado de la serie. Ameno y entretenido, tiene el drama justo y, aunque hay instalove, es hot cuando tiene que serlo. Además, me gustan mucho sus protagonistas, London y Luke, como pareja. Punto y aparte se merece la familia de él, es total.
Profile Image for Lacey (laceybooklovers).
1,986 reviews9,745 followers
July 20, 2017

Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

We finally get the fourth and final installment in the Wild Seasons series, which is Luke and London’s book! As bittersweet as I am to see this series end, Christina Lauren couldn’t have ended it with a more perfect book. I loved Wicked Sexy Liar. LOVED it!! I honestly couldn’t stop smiling the whole way through. Luke and London’s story was an absolute joy and pure fun to read. Once again, Christina Lauren has stunned me with another brilliant, intelligent, refreshing read – this time, about a girl and her friend’s… ex.

Following me with his eyes, he asks, “So is this no-dating-guys-you-meet-at-work thing, like, an actual rule?”
“Sort of.” I fold the bar towel and tuck it into the back of my apron, meeting his eyes.
“What if I promised I was absolutely worth it?”

We don’t know much about Luke or London in the previous books, and to be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about them going into this book. But right from the get-go, I fell so hard for these two. They instantly captivated me with their honesty, depth, and realness. Christina Lauren has a magical talent at writing characters who feel so genuinely real to me – there are so many hidden layers to each and every one of their characters, and as you unravel each one, you can’t help but grow to love that character.

Luke was the one I expected to have trouble with, but there’s something so lovely and good about him that I couldn’t help but love him. He may be a manwhore, but Luke is also so much more. He’s genuinely a good guy, but he’s buried away his hurt from his ex-girlfriend to give off this easy-going vibe that no one sees through until he meets London. London’s also got a messy romantic past, so to say these two are wary of relationships is an understatement. But slowly, through a budding friendship and a deep sexual connection, the both of them chip away at the walls around their hearts until they find themselves completely immersed in one another.

Luke is managing to break down my walls one smile at a time. Being with him feels a little like letting go of the handlebars and racing down a hill. And it also feels like being wrapped up in the warmest blanket.
How can he feel both like an adventure and a comfort?

The slow burn in Wicked Sexy Liar is absolutely wonderful and the perfect pace for Luke and London. I was expecting the romance to include some crazy drama and angst, since Luke is London’s friend’s ex, but honestly, everything about this book was FUN. It’s flirty, sexy (so freaking sexy), sweet, funny, original, and just all around a feel-good read. I read this book in one day, that’s how totally INTO this book I was. And what I loved most about the romance was how much effort it took for Luke to win London’s trust, and eventually, her heart. Ahh, Luke just makes me SWOON!

It’s sex, but it’s not.
It’s sex, but it’s more.
There are so many ways to love this girl; good God, let me find each and every one of them.

This newest book of Christina Lauren’s only reaffirms how brilliant these two writers are and how they’ll forever be my go-to authors for some incredible contemporary romances. Luke and London’s romance blew me away and is definitely one of my top favorites from this author duo. I can’t recommend this book – and author – enough. Everyone who loves romance just needs to read this book and experience how wonderful Luke and London are!

Thanks to the publisher for generously providing me an copy to review.

Amazon Ebook: http://amzn.to/1Nu7h25
Amazon Paperback: http://amzn.to/1WogFdU
Audible: http://amzn.to/1S2v2Ut

Liked this review? Subscribe to Booklovers For Life for more!
Profile Image for Michelle.
2,082 reviews860 followers
February 8, 2016
Bring on Luke & London’s story!

Recap: London is Lola’s roommate, we haven’t really gotten to know her that well thus far so she is a complete dark horse. Luke is the ex that Mia and her gang of girls grew up with – the one that she was with until her accident and their lifelong love just survive the change that came with it. I still really wished this was Not Joe’s story (I really hope that he’ll get a book), although I did love this book completely.

Here we go. All that feeling of awkwardness that I felt while reading book three in this series faded away. I loved that while reading the author’s notes that it was clear that this story was one that just came to them and was much easier to write than the last – it showed completely.

Lola is not one to easily trust men. Having had her own sordid past with cheating, she’s found it easiest to just forget all about having a man in her life. But that soon starts to change when Luke approaches the bar and decides that he wants her. Even if at first it was just for one night.

Luke was the stuff that boyfriend material was based on, but that all changed when he and Mia split. That sort of hurt was just too much to ever chance, at least it was. Spending the last four years sleeping his way through the female southern California population, his fast-ways are catching up to him. Suddenly wanting something solid with one girl hits him. Too bad for him London isn’t looking to risk another broken heart.

The banter between Luke and London was just fantastic. These two ladies had me laughing and remembering just why I love their style so much with each flip of the page. Although we do get a moment where Luke falls into old habits instead of seeing it as a chance to prove himself, I think for me – this moment had to happen (even not being a fan of these in books at all). It was the pivotal moment for him. The moment when all the jokes about his behavior became a joke on himself and the moment he sees himself differently – how London sees him. And it is the beginning moment where he decides he has to do something about it.

As these two fall into an awkward friendship that is charged with sexual attraction and chemistry – I loved watching it unfold. I loved waiting to see if London would give in or just how hard Luke would push. I think Harlow pissed me off a bit though – she was a little too reactionary and I really am not a fan of those types of girls. She just irked the hell out of me from the moment her drama was revealed.

I think this book also was the most sensual of the group so far. The sex scenes between Luke and London were so perfectly written. I loved that it was not just hard banging – but that it was so reflective of the connection they both felt for one another (even if fighting it at every turn). The only thing that I did not like about this book truly was that it ended. I got to the epilogue and just wanted to have more pages to read.

I really hope Not-Joe gets a book at some point. I think getting to know him a bit in this gave us a whole different side of him and I really want to see more of him.
Profile Image for Paula .
704 reviews234 followers
March 11, 2016

HOT DAMN! I LOVED this wickedly sexy, funny, and emotional book! Luuuuuke!!!

I love how Luke and London's relationship developed slowly but sensually and flirty. These two were a lot of fun but this was also an emotional read. What a great book! I'm obsessed with this series!
Profile Image for Tahsin.
1,151 reviews86 followers
February 9, 2016
Perry?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reading, for me, is less about the story, and more about the experience. Some books resonate more with others because of their experience with the story - how effortless and gripping the story was, how it sort of synced with their life at that point in time, past experiences, etc., etc., etc. For me, this story was exactly what I needed to read at this point in time in my life. And this story isn't new, it's one of the codified NA stories, but the way it was written, and the reactions of the characters - that's what resonated with me.

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting anything from this story. It had been sitting on my kindle since its release, but it never "called" to me. I know I can count on these authors to provide a solid story - most of the time - so I didn't think much of it. I'd get to it when I got to it, and it could've been sitting there for months before I finally did.

I have read a whole bunch of books before the previous one in the series, so I honestly didn't remember who the characters were. But almost as soon as I started reading, I got them. London is my soul "person". At this point in time in my life, she speaks to me. I'm a hopeless romantic, but I'm also very pragmatic - at least when it comes to my love life - so I felt like I got London, and she got me.

These two are probably my favorite couple, of all the couples the duo have brought to life. More than anyone else's, I want more of their story. Life after the epilogue. Their connection was palpable - to me - through the screen. It was effortless, and that's how it should be. This is going up as the first of the bests of this year. That's not to say everyone will love it, or even like it how I did, but to each their own. This is a book I want to own a hardcopy of. Their story was everything I wanted, and didn't even know I needed. A point to karma/destiny/life/whatever force you believe in for steering me in the right - and in this case, their - direction.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 1,464 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.