Start by marking “The Surfer & The Seal” as Want to Read:
The Surfer & The Seal

The Surfer & The Seal

This children's picture book is based on a true story. It's about a Surfer and his close interaction with his ocean friends. These include tide pool creatures, seals, dolphins and turtles. He becomes close with a seal he names Mr. Silverhead and then the adventure begins. It's a fun and educational story that kids want to read again and again. The story took place in the ...more
Published July 14th 2015 by Paul Gallagher

To ask other readers questions about The Surfer & The Seal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surfer & The Seal

Start your review of The Surfer & The Seal
Melissa
A few weeks ago I was delighted to receive an email from author Paul Gallagher asking me if I could review his children's picture book. I immediately jumped at the chance. The book sounded so cute from his description and I loved that the book is dedicated to his grandson Logan. A portion of each book sold will be donated to non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting the marine environment.

The surfer and the seal is based on a true story. Paul, a surfer who has been going to the beach
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a background in early childhood education and development, and have worked with children for years now. A huge part of that work has involved trips to the library, story times, and other reading centered activities. Books are such a wonderful way to expose children to the plethora of fascinating things in this world.

In all my purusing and reading of children's books, I have found amazing ones that kids just love, across the board (and that I have enjoyed as well), books that are so-so,
Nicole Dunton
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cover: The cover is cute, silly and imaginative.

Genre: Children's

Plot: It's about a boy who loves to surf and meets a seal on one of his surfing trips who he winds up spending time with for a long time.

Characters: There's really only one character unless you count the two seals. The kid is super sweet and adorable. He's very curious and loves to explore the ocean.

Grammar: Nothing wrong with grammar!

General Thoughts: This is a really cute book. I couldn't find anything wrong with this book at
Jared
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway.

My two year old niece and I read this book together and she really seemed to enjoy it. The artwork is really nice and is done to look like a coloring book page that has been colored in with crayon. My niece really enjoyed the pictures and hearing the story.
Katie
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and love the story. It's a very cute book and I can't wait to share it with my students. An added bonus, portions of the proceeds from the book sales is donated to ocean conservation efforts.
Maura
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My 5 year old boy loved this book. He followed the story line, because it was simple. It's about a surfer who has a secret surfing spot where he also meets a seal. My son got excited over some of the colorful pictures. Very cute & fun book for a child.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Brittany
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book via a goodreads giveaway. My 3 sons (7, 3, & 1 year(s) old) all enjoyed it!
V
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Ti get this free as a goodreads first read. It was kind of cute but was a bit more wordy for what I think of as a puncture book
Robin Nijor