Start by marking “The Surfer & The Seal” as Want to Read:
The Surfer & The Seal

The Surfer & The Seal

This children's picture book is based on a true story. It's about a Surfer and his close interaction with his ocean friends. These include tide pool creatures, seals, dolphins and turtles. He becomes close with a seal he names Mr. Silverhead and then the adventure begins. It's a fun and educational story that kids want to read again and again. The story took place in the M ...more
Published July 14th 2015 by Paul Gallagher

To ask other readers questions about The Surfer & The Seal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Surfer & The Seal

Start your review of The Surfer & The Seal
Melissa
A few weeks ago I was delighted to receive an email from author Paul Gallagher asking me if I could review his children's picture book. I immediately jumped at the chance. The book sounded so cute from his description and I loved that the book is dedicated to his grandson Logan. A portion of each book sold will be donated to non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting the marine environment.

The surfer and the seal is based on a true story. Paul, a surfer who has been going to the beach sinc
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have a background in early childhood education and development, and have worked with children for years now. A huge part of that work has involved trips to the library, story times, and other reading centered activities. Books are such a wonderful way to expose children to the plethora of fascinating things in this world.

In all my purusing and reading of children's books, I have found amazing ones that kids just love, across the board (and that I have enjoyed as well), books that are so-so, an
Nicole Dunton
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cover: The cover is cute, silly and imaginative.

Genre: Children's

Plot: It's about a boy who loves to surf and meets a seal on one of his surfing trips who he winds up spending time with for a long time.

Characters: There's really only one character unless you count the two seals. The kid is super sweet and adorable. He's very curious and loves to explore the ocean.

Grammar: Nothing wrong with grammar!

General Thoughts: This is a really cute book. I couldn't find anything wrong with this book at al
Jared
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won this book through a Goodreads Giveaway.

My two year old niece and I read this book together and she really seemed to enjoy it. The artwork is really nice and is done to look like a coloring book page that has been colored in with crayon. My niece really enjoyed the pictures and hearing the story.
Maura
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My 5 year old boy loved this book. He followed the story line, because it was simple. It's about a surfer who has a secret surfing spot where he also meets a seal. My son got excited over some of the colorful pictures. Very cute & fun book for a child.

I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Brittany
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book via a goodreads giveaway. My 3 sons (7, 3, & 1 year(s) old) all enjoyed it!
V
Oct 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Ti get this free as a goodreads first read. It was kind of cute but was a bit more wordy for what I think of as a puncture book
Robin Nijor