Start by marking “Losing Traction (Westbeach, #1)” as Want to Read:
Losing Traction (Westbeach, #1)

Losing Traction (Westbeach #1)

My name is Phoebe Rendon. Growing up as the only girl surrounded by the Sinful Souls MC community has never been easy. Outside of the club, I had no life because my brother and his two psycho best friends kept tabs on me. My only out was racing at Point Hellers, the largest and steepest drift mountain in Westbeach, California. Cars were my life, and eight years later, that ...more
Published (first published January 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Traction, please sign up.

Amo Jones Thank you xx I'm not sure yet ;) Whichever character wishes to talk to me first. I'm thinking it will be.... Ryker. :)

⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Amo Jones" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Losing Traction
SERIES: (Westbeach #1)
AUTHOR: Amo Jones
GENRE: Contemporary Romance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was CRAZY GOOD totally nothing like what I was expecting, Loved every minute I spent reading this, it held my attention right up until that very last page was read, I even tagged the author on facebook saying how much I was loving it, at that stage I was only h
4.5 GO SPEEDY stars

A different type of second chance.

The first half of this story is told in past and present and from dual POV but mainly from the h Phoebe/Speedy. This got a little hectic and confusing as it seemed to bounce around a bit. I did not mind though as I am a massive fan of Amos The Devils Own MC series, I really enjoyed seeing different sides to the characters from that series. Phoebes brother is a high up member of the sinful souls MC, she was bought up in the club life with her d
Nanci Loves2Read**Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Wow. I freaken loved this book!
 photo image_zpswhgiyn8m.jpeg

I swear with every new book Amo releases I'm blown away by how much more I like the current book. They keep getting better and better. I was hooked from start to finish, unfortunately I got crazy busy so I waited to write my review in order to give the book justice.

This is the spin off series of Sinful Souls MC. You do not need to read the series in order to read this one, but it can help. Not only is the MC series good but it gives you an understanding when side
Amo Jones
Aug 13, 2016 Amo Jones marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
2 more days until she's LIVE!!!!!
 photo TEASERFML_zpsoc2izhkc.jpg

Come join the release party for Losing Traction! -
K.E. Osborn
Feb 13, 2016 K.E. Osborn rated it it was amazing
Rockin it out with some fast cars and some bad boy bikers, what's not to love?
 photo 770172_zpsm0oqdtow.jpg
Phoebe Rendon is a sassy, full of life sister to a member of the Sinful Souls Biker club. She has grown up her whole life with bad boys and tough men, so she knows how to stand her ground. She is strong and I love that about her, but when it comes to a broody and confident rockstar by the name of Ryder Oakley, Phoebe can't keep her focus.
 photo 9547399_zpsiyygwt8z.jpg
After spending an amazing two weeks with him, thinking there was something to
Dayreader Reviews
I am a huge fan of Amo Jones and everything I have read of hers so far has blown me away and that was no different with this book. Phoebe grabbed my attention when I first read about her in One Hundred and Thirty-Six Scars, and we only get a few glimpses of her but I couldn't wait to read more of her story. I knew Ryder and Ryker would be pretty awesome characters and I knew I would have a love-hate relationship with these hot rockstars!

So many of my questions from my first read of Phoebe to my
Natalie M
This just wasn't my cuppa. It started out decent, but ended up being too messy. There was so much going on... the MC biker family, rocker boyfriend, kidnapping and I kind of lost interest after a while.
Sep 18, 2016 Georgie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourite I think I'm going to move!

I'm going to pack up all my shit and re-locate...and I'm going to set up home right inside the mind of Amo Jones!

Her books always hit the mark!
They tick every box!
They fucking rock!

The characters are perfect and scarred and fucked up and I am completely in love with them all!

I'm literally working my way through her books and last night I read Losing Traction and then as soon as I finished that - I rolled straight into F*cker!

Seriously though Amo - Ryder w
Sep 25, 2016 ✿ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, review-copy
The writing was choppy in several areas, but over all, I found the story just fine. Ryder though. Huh, I LOVED Phoebe but Ryder was a little baby at times. His insecurities and reasoning for leaving Phoebe was a bit weak. Not to mention, he had major mood swings in the beginning areas. Kind of gave me whiplash.

I really look forward to more from this series. It was very interesting and hope that ESPECIALLY Meadow (+Beast?) and even Rellik will get their own stories as well! Going to jump into Ryk
Dec 14, 2015 Kathy rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by author Amo Jones and my goodness she did not disappoint me at all. Phoebe Rendon has a family unlike most of us. They are in the Sinful Souls MC club. And her brother loves her without a doubt and wants to protect her with his life. But he can also maybe be a little over protective. Phoebe loves all things fast and she wants nothing more than to live her life driving fast cars but that takes money so she takes a job that she really doesn't like too much in order to fulfi ...more
Judy Miracle
Jan 19, 2016 Judy Miracle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
I got an advanced copy of this book for an honest review and OMG I freaking loved it!!! I'm so glad i was gifted one. When I started reading this book I could not put it down.

I seriously got a major girl crush on Phoebe. Shes a character who you just want to fall in love with. Being the MC princess and a race car driver... hmm i'm fantasizing about a girl now bahaha... Shes sassy, crude, sexy and she gives as well as she takes. Shes got a set of brass balls if i ever seen them. Taking a job in
Andrea Huseman
Jan 04, 2016 Andrea Huseman rated it it was amazing
I am always thrilled when I have the opportunity to read a new author. Whether a debut or previous released selection. I was offered this ARC and I am so glad. A 5 star rating isn't even close to emphasizing its qualities \magnitude.
Don't let the label spin off deter from reading. I had no problems reading as a standalone start to a new series. But !!!! I do know after completing this one I will definitely be reading any other work.
So many positives. Excellent storytelling- Unique interesting
She Hearts Books
Jan 07, 2016 She Hearts Books rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell head over heart in girl crush with Phoebe. She's spectacular. Growing up as an MC princess and having a passion for driving fast cars has shaped her into a sassy, smart, and sexy gal. She takes a job in fashion until the time she can get her circuit up and running. A circuit that will bring in women drivers like herself and the people who want to see them drive. Before she can get to it, she has to make it through the tour from hell. Not only is her charge hard to handle, but s ...more
loves 2 read romance
Jan 01, 2016 loves 2 read romance rated it it was amazing
Gifted a copy for review.
I am definitely starting my new year off with a bang. This book is awesome. Phoebe is an exceptional character. She has grown up in the MC lifestyle. She knows what they do even though she is sheltered from it yet she is a loving beautiful soul. She is a racer at heart even though her current job is just a place holder till her circuit is complete. Her last assignment brings her face to face with the rock star who broke her heart.
Ryder is shocked to see Phoebe walk into
ARC-fabulous review-of hot men and fierce heroines...
Yes, Yes, I have added this book to my to be read again shelf...
I love when an author has the same sense of humor and loves/likes as I do. I feel as though I sat down and had a girls night as Amo typed away our likes-fantasies and plots... There are so many ways this book can spin off, I need the bands stories but I need more Blake he's got more to say and Ade just have him in a well placed sex scene and we are all g
Andrea Gillan
Mar 16, 2016 Andrea Gillan rated it it was amazing
Wow this book was excellent I could not put it down. Phoebe is sass personified. She is a loud girl who does not back down as you would expect being the MC princess. She loves living on the edge racing fast cars and her family is her number 1 priority. Ryder is the lead singer in a band along with his twin brother Ryker. They had a brief fling 2 years ago and he left without a goodbye shattering her heart. A new job opens for Phoebe and guess who is there aha Ryder. Do they or don't they and sho ...more
Simona Webb
More Westbeach Please!!

Thanks Amo for providing this escape for me! (&the rest of the reading world)
Ryker & Phoebe's connection is priceless!! Phoebe's "HEA" swooning!! I am intrigued to learn more about Meadow. Love how you sprung Beast, Killer, oops my bad Rellik, Abby in there.... Looking forward to the upcoming adventure, my personal escapes!!
Jul 02, 2016 Doris rated it really liked it
First let me say that I had to 'google' cane corso cause I have never seen one and was curious. This story is about Phoebe and Ryder, characters that you see in the other books. It is their story. I did like it, was wanting to read how they came about.
MC's, racing and a rock star in a band called Twisted Transistor (love me some Korn)......I'm totally in!
Faye Errington
Sep 19, 2016 Faye Errington rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Amo I've read... OMG why have I not read any books by this amazing author before now??? have I been living under a rock (or in a book) ???

I freaking LOVED this book, I absolutely devoured it

Losing Traction is a kind of spin-off series I believe, from Amo's Sinful Souls MC series.... which I totally need to read now that I have met most of the characters in this book that star in the Sinful series

Losing Traction is Phoebe's book....
she is the princess of the Sinful Souls
Jennifer Zamora
Sep 27, 2016 Jennifer Zamora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 from me.
This is my 2nd Amo book and Ive really enjoyed them and looking forward to more. I feel the writing is very simple and that is the .5 star I took off. It was NOT elementary or anything, just wast OMG.
Phoebe is a wonderful heroine. I really enjoy her attitude, and it is maintained throughout the whole book, and doesnt waiver. So often a heroine is strong until something happens. Not Phoebe, even in her darkest times she remains strong.
Ryder (and Ryker even ;) ) is wonderful! He doesnt
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Jan 25, 2016 JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends rated it liked it
Shelves: arc

From Race cars to rock stars with a little bit of MC club in between.

The cover and synopsis sold me on this book straight away. This story was clearly created to be a little different: a female racing driver, brought up in a MC club who falls in love with a rock star. A dream scenario you may think!

I hadn't read the Sinful Souls MC series before starting Losing Traction and I felt that this made the story overly confusing. As a result, I wasn’t able to fully connect with the characters or be abl
Kaylene Osborn
Jan 15, 2016 Kaylene Osborn rated it it was amazing
Awesome story, absolutely loved it...

Losing Traction by Amo Jones is book one in the Westbeach series of books and it does not disappoint.

Phoebe Rendon is the heroine of the story. A sassy, fierce and strong-willed woman who comes from a very interesting and protected MC background. Phoebe has a love for cars, all types of cars, as long as they go fast and hard. Her life has been difficult and challenging, but she works hard and is on her way to fulfilling her dreams.

Flashback to Ryder Oakley,
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Unfortunately this has to go down as a DNF, I don't do this very often and hate leaving the story but I really couldn't continue. I found myself rolling my eyes constantly. I know many of you loved this book but it wasn't for me - sorry !
Dana Busenbark
Jan 07, 2016 Dana Busenbark rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, mystery, mc, suspense
Phoebe Rendon grew up around the Sinful Souls MC. Her only escape from the MC life, due to folks keeping an eye on her is to race in Westbeach, CA. Enter Ryder Oakley, Rock God and Lead Singer for Twisted Transistor. Phoebe has been working in the fashion industry and is scheduled by her boss to go on tour with Alyx Munroe, pop queen, or whatever she is. The last thing she expected to see was Ryder Oakley, the boyfriend who just walked away without a word one day. What happens when she sees Ryde ...more
Aug 10, 2016 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Phoebe's main love in life is racing. Eve since she was young, it's all she's wanted to do. Determined to make her dreams become a reality, she starts work as a fashion assistant to make some money. When her job lands her on tour with Twisted Transistor, the last thing she wants is to be stuck with the one guy who broke her heart..Lead singer Ryder Oakley. After spending two weeks together years ago, Phoebe can't let herself trust him again. With Phoebes brother Blake been the president
Charlee Campbell
NO SPOILERS! Just a review on my thoughts of "Losing Traction (Westbeach, #1)"

This book is by far thee best book (I've said this about all 4 lol). Every single book that Amo teases me with makes me that impatient that I want to throw a tanty and throw all of my toys out the cot because I know exactly how long before I have to wait for the next one.

Really though this book is just that good! It was nothing like I was expecting at all and I could not for the life of me put it down and devoured it
Jan 06, 2016 Tina rated it it was amazing
Tina ~Bookaliciousbabes blog

Omg I absolutely loved this book. I didn't put it down once I picked it up. It was do very, very hot. Woah.

Phoebe grew the life of an MC, but was sheltered from most of it thanks to her family. Her dad was the love of her life. Her brother and his friends, that were just like brothers, scared everyone away from her so a love life was hard. If anyone broke her heart they were in deep sh*t.

She met Ryker, lead singer of Twisted Transistor, when out with her best
Aug 23, 2016 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!... I was literally speechless when i reached the end of this book!!!... Yes it was that amazing!!!
Phoebe has grown up as part of Sinful Souls MC with her father and brother both being patched members. Racing cars is her passion and she is planning a future which includes a race track!!! Her last 'blast' as a fashion assistant takes her on tour and a 'blast' from her past... Takes her... I'll let you find that out!!!
Ryder is a twin and part of an awesome band... It's not until they begin a
  • The Shiver of Want (East Park Chapters #1)
  • Blown
  • Forgive Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #2)
  • Dark Paradise (Condemned Angels MC, #4)
  • A Living Hell (Four Horsemen MC #9)
  • No Matter What
  • Demon in My Bed (Demon at My Door, #2)
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Inspired by You (Love in the City, #6)
  • Jameson (Brothers Ink, #1)
  • Hell or High Water (Four Horsemen MC #8)
  • Girl Possessed
  • Risk
  • Wild Card (Texas Titans, #5)
  • Merely Immortal (The Untouchables, #3)
  • Musketeers (Fallen MC, #2)
  • The Rock Star's Sheriff (Parson Corners, #1)
  • Running Wild
Amo's debut series was the Sinful Souls MC series. She's a full-time writer from New Zealand who loves long romantic walks to the wine cellar.
When she's not creating magic, you can usually find her relaxing in front of the television watching the latest episode of Supernatural or Vikings. (This will be updated as she finds new television shows with hot actors.)
She's the proud mother of four litt
More about Amo Jones...