Start by marking “Talent (Descended from Myth #2)” as Want to Read:
Talent (Descended from Myth #2)

Talent

(Descended From Myth #2)

Porter McGavin spends his nights lost in shattered memories of blood, sand, and ammunition, and his days struggling to hold together the tattered shreds of his life. The combat veteran is barely surviving his battle scars when he's offered a chance to once again have a future with purpose, as a member of The Brotherhood of Guardians, an ancient group of warriors sworn to ...more
ebook

To ask other readers questions about Talent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talent

Start your review of Talent (Descended from Myth #2)
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
I am always on the lookout for a unique story, whether it's a YA, Fantasy or Paranormal Romance. I loved being surprised by the characters and getting drawn into a whole new world. When I read Muse by Erin McFadden a year ago, I knew it was a gem. I met interestingly unique characters like Daniel and Anna and had been with them ever since.

A few days ago, I got the chance to read the second book, Talent and like the first one, I was blown away. Porter Mcgavin was a combat veteran who
Frederic
Each time I am reading one book of Erin McFadden, I know it will be a treat, and this one was no exception!!! It is the Third book that she has written, and the third one that I was unable to put down!! I was graciously offered this book for free by the author in exchange of an honest review.

Let me be honest here, sometimes I am struggling while reading New Adult genre. It is always a matter of love them or hate them. Usually I can tell what will be my overall verdict within the first 3 or 4
Melvina
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for a new series that is like no other....then look no further...the Descended From Myth series is an awesome and unique series that will immediately pull you into the world of Guardians, Talents and Watchers.

Although the books are in a series they can be read as stand alones.

Talent Book 2 of this series is the story of Porter and Claire.

Porter an emotionally and physically scarred combat veteran seemed to be barely surviving, fighting a losing battle to adjust to civilian life
RO G'ma
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talent (Descended from Myth Book Two) is the first book I’ve read that Erin McFadden wrote and it is an amazing read. This book can easily be read as a standalone. Ms. McFadden has written a well-crafted and unique story that I enjoyed reading. This book drew me in from the beginning and held me captive until the ending. I’m adding this talented author’s books to my Wish and TBR lists.

This book is about Guardians, Watchers, Talents, and Muses and focuses on Porter Mcgavin and Claire Montgomery.
Jennifer Zamora
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first chapter or so kinda had me a little worried. But then the book took off and exploded with action, and held my attention. It was a did not put down, not a did not finish! I wish there had been a little more info and tie in to the year of training in the beginning, but I can live without it.
Porter has more than enough fight left in him. If only he had something left to Fight for. But he will have to come up against his own demons, which means he will have to remember.
Claire spent so many
Shy
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-books
I find this second book to the series a lot more interesting and engaging than the first one. Though Claire's ability was deemed as less powerful than Anna's I find what she could do highly fascinating.

At first I had questions with regards to Porter being a guardian but the author managed to answer those questions very well. There are also revelations from this book that had me hooked and couldn't stop reading until I find out more.

What I enjoyed the most in this book was how the characters'
Julie McCleary
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Havr you ever a read a book where from the very first word you are completely hooked?
Erin McFadden's book Talent claimed my attention and more.
Talent is the story of Porter and Claire two broken and damaged people, one through war and loss and the other by abuse and captivity,
Coming together to resolve the mystery surrounding their connection.
I found the book easy to read, the words flowed smoothly and the characters where fascinating.
It is obvious that Ms McFadden has poured her heart and soul
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
This is the first book of Erin McFadden's that I have read. Talk about being hooked from the get go. Absolutely love how she grabs your attention and takes you for a ride. I love when an author "makes" me not put their book down!
Such unique characters, Guardians, Talents and Watchers!
I am definitely a fan and already have the other books on my wish list! I will be getting my paws on these somehow!
If you are looking for something unique and extraordinary this series is for you!
Bob Platypire
Jul 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for an HONEST review*

I love this series. I know I've only read the first two, but I really love them. I like hearing about the different people and their gifts, and I enjoy the interactions between the Talents and their Guardians. The danger and thrill, the romance, and how well defined the characters are all add up to a big win with me. I look forward to reading more of the Descended from Myth series!

Bob says: 4 Platypires
Angie
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been blown away by Erin's amazing writing ability. Talent has me even more impressed. If your looking for a series with an amazing story line and characters that keep you on your toes. Look no further. Book 2 in this series is absolutely amazing. The whole Talent and Guardian has swept me away. I can only hope that there will be a third book and the sooner the better!
Amanda Jane  Williams
It has been a long time since I have read a book in 24 hours but this one was so good that I could not put it down. We follow Claire (a descendant of a muse) and Porter on a wild ride. It is well worth it though. Porter is damaged goods but then again so is Claire maybe that is why they are so good together. Do not start reading this if you have to be up early the next day.
Ariel
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this YA book despite the fact I have not read book one. I recommend this for those who are looking for a unique YA book.
Emma
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Author Continues to Develop

I liked this story even more than the first one. The characters all gained some depth and there were even more storylines introduced. I still love hearing the tale from multiple perspectives and appreciated the fact that people were doing their best to help and care for others. Very easy light reading and a great way to spend a couple hours. I can't wait for the next book to come out.
janice g. phelan
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talent

Erin McFadden is a good author. Her characters in Descended from Myth books are lively and will keep you interested from start to finish. I found it well worth the money!!!
Jan
Rach Lawrence
Review originally posted on Rach Lawrence Books.

*I was provided a copy of Talent by the author in exchange for an honest review. I am not compensated for my honest opinion.*

Claire Montgomery is a Talent who doesn’t trust the very organization charged with protecting her. She is able to see into people’s minds and help correct things that are wrong, this Talent descended from the original nine muses. But when using her Talent, Claire develops headaches and other problems, and those around her are
Jessica Tarrats
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Okay, so I'm fickle. Hands up, I admit it. I didn't think that anyone could knock Daniel of his Hottie Spot, but it appears that Porter has just gone and done it!

Claire is a Talent, but she feels that she isn't really worth much as all she can do is "fix brains." Personally, I think that's brilliant, but that's her lesson to learn. Porter is brought on board by Anna and Daniel, and works hard to prove himself. Three Guardians are chosen to 'fight' for the position of Claire's Guardian, but
T.
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Muse, book one of the series which I picked up free on Amazon. A really interesting concept, but it's the character development and sub-plotting that make this a stand out from a lot of the YA urban fantasy stories. Excellent overall story line and fast action will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Kat
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh mi Muse! I was so excited to catch back up to Anna and Daniel that I dove head first into this mesmerizing story. In this book Anna and Daniel were a bit more of background characters. Allowing Claire and our new literary Hunk to takeover the center stage. There are still glimpses of Anna and Daniel so you get to keep track of what they are doing. Claire thinks she is broken and that her gift is nowhere near as helpful as Anna's. Being over playing the third wheel, they begin the process to ...more
Angie
Oct 24, 2015
Patricia Wilcoxen
Nov 28, 2015
Erin McFadden
Nov 30, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Tami czenkus
Dennis Hinton
Sep 26, 2016
Ukgardenfiend
Jan 23, 2017

Contemporary fantasy author Erin McFadden lives in Indiana with her two daughters. They love reading and watching movies together, as well as camping and hiking in the great outdoors. Erin dreams of packing up and visiting all the magical, historical spots in Europe she has read about.
An unabashed geek, Erin loves science fiction, all things paranormal, and anything involving a conspiracy theory.

Descended From Myth (2 books)
  • Muse (Descended From Myth, #1)