Start by marking “All Lies (Lies #1)” as Want to Read:
All Lies (Lies #1)

All Lies

(Lies #1)

This is an alternate Cover Edition for ASIN: B00SU4OTJ6.

"I come from a long line of idiots."

Those were the last words his father uttered before dying, and from what he knew of his family tree and the unfortunate end that came to so many of his ancestors, Del Honeycutt couldn't disagree. What he didn't know was that his family held dark secrets—secrets that were about to
Published (first published January 26th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about All Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Lies

Start your review of All Lies (Lies #1)
Kristine Hall
HALL WAYS REVIEW: Audio book review. In ALL LIES, author Andrew Cunningham offers readers an intricate plot that wonderfully weaves together multiple characters across multiple timelines. There is plenty of action with twists and dangerous, often deadly turns as main characters Del and Sabrina dig deep to uncover long-buried truths -- and maybe find love in the process.

Readers who enjoy some historical basis and facts in their books will like how Cunningham sprinkles them into ALL LIES. (Be sure
Norma
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
( Format : audiobook )
"They make it look so easy in the movies."
A book which started off so well, with expectations of great characters caught up in a thrilling mystery but which was unable to sustain it's good beginnings.
With an opening line, "I come from a long line of idiots," it would be hard for a reader not to want to know more and the more, as it is quickly revealed, is intriguing. Del's professor father had recently died, murdered, to be more precise, by a furious husband not happy with
Becky Baldridge
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
All Lies is very much a mystery with a sprinkling of history thrown in for an added bonus. Parts of the story have the feel of a cozy mystery, but that’s quickly remedied as the danger ramps up. I do love a bit of wit with my mystery, and Andrew Cunningham does that quite well. In fact, the opening line serves the dual purpose of being witty while also grabbing the listener’s attention. The story does require a bit of suspension of disbelief, but it is certainly a fun read from start to finish. ...more
L.S.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable story with lots going on, so much so that the story held my interest from start to end.
Delmore (Del) Hunnicut is merely going through the motions when an online date changes his life. Not in the way you might imagine though. He didn't click with Izzy Worth and found her questions about his grandfather most puzzling, especially when he had no answers for her.
So, imagine his surprise when he is asked by police to prove his whereabouts when Izzy is found dead.
Nothing is the same
Jane
I borrowed All Lies from the Kindle Unlimited program.

Del Honeycutt believes he comes from a long line of idiots; in fact those were the last words his father spoke to him before he died. His great-grandfather was involved in criminal activities eighty-five years ago and left an unsolved mystery. Del works a boring job, lives in an apartment and has no social life so he tires Internet dating. A woman named Izzy contacts him for a meeting.

They meet for lunch and she asks some strange questions
Athena
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I honestly liked this, I was not sure going in that I would, but the plot was all it said it would be, and much more, so much is going on in the story and the ending is quite good.

I think each chapter has something to offer readers and its worth a first and second read. All the main characters are interesting and each piece of the story from the history to the relationships and secrets brings something to the story, little if anything takes away from it. I did get the audio version and find that
M
May 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A Mystery And Not a Thriller

I chose to read this book, because I enjoyed one of this author’s earlier books titled “Wisdom Springs.” After reading the stellar four and five reviews, I was very disappointed because I barely managed to make it through this book.
The protagonists never settled in my mind, almost as though the elements of their characters didn’t fit, and so much so as to be unrealistic. There is an understated but almost instalove between the characters, but without the warmth of a
Elizabeth
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-01-jan, 2018
Old crimes cast long shadows, as Del learns the hard way. When his date Izzy ends up murdered, Del is forced to recall the grandfather he never met, and try to make the connection. With Izzy's sister Sabrina, he tracks down the clues on the trail of his grandfather's art heist, of which, he comes to realize, his own father was aware. The trail, over 80 years old, is obscured by time but reaches into the present day. Many twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat till the end. The ride is ...more
Tertia R Armstrong
A thrilling chase

Trying to unravel the mysteries of their ancestors from the 1930s leads the mystery writer Sabrina and newly unemployed Del on a journey of self discovery. Lost artwork, treasure, and eggs take them to Boston, the midwest, and South America. The characters are well developed and defy the stereotype of cops, mobsters, small town crooks, and unusual building tenants. The puzzle is a fun and intertwined history of several families making choices that shape the lives of their next
Ava M Bartley
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different storyline!

At the beginning of this book I wasn't if I would like it. But I did! The story is unlike anything I've ever read before, and I read a lot. It was very suspenseful and exciting. It was a murder mystery and thriller. The characters were very well developed and believable, for the most part. The leading female character was a badass. The dialogue flowed smoothly. There were very few grammatical errors or misspelled words. I am moving on to book two and can't wait to see where
Pat Allen
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An 85-year old mystery

His job was dead boring. For years he had endured a stultifying experience when an unsolved mystery was brought to his attention by a young woman with a hard face. She introduced him to the previously unknown intriguing situation. Shortly afterwards she was murdeted.
He met her sister and before long he left his boring job to tru to unravel the mystery.
I enjoyed it.
Jay Williams
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book combines humor with a family mystery going back several generations. The characters are very realistic and well described. It is great to find a mystery in which the hero is not a superman and the heroine has her own devils. The side characters are humorous and add to the overall interest of the story. The suspense builds up to the end. The book has much to offer all through the story.
Rita
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great story with some history behind it in the writing. I loved how they showed the characters personalities! The author showed how they changed and faced their problems while solving this great mystery. You will love the author's writing! I am looking forward to reading more from this author!
Vera Mottino
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story well told

Another good book to sink our teeth into. As in the Wisdom Spring title I find both endings rather weak. But that is due to my own preference for ending that do not resemble fairytales. Other than the weak ending, this a sustained good adventure story with some psychology 101 thrown In for good measure.
Paul Thompson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story

This was an enjoyable story featuring characters who were generally speaking ordinary people - apart from having access to money. They could not swing events by a phone call to the head of the CIA or the President. This appealed to me and made the book more interesting.
Cheryle
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do you do when a woman contacts you on your dating service, you meet her for coffee, and the next day the police are questioning you in her death?

Answer: you hook up with her half-sister, quit your job, and begin investigating your father's family's murky history of crime.

I enjoyed this book, and it had some interesting twists. It won't win a prize, but it's a decent read.
Suzanne
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Hard to put down. Only saw one typo! Intriguing story. Congrats to Andrew Cunningham. Looking forward to Fatal Lies and other books by Mr. Cunningham. Thank you for the enjoyment of reading your book!
Lula Wilson
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True mystery with a twist

The true mystery started from the first page to the end. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and will not be able to put the book down until the end!
Michelle Strommen
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting, I’m not sure what I expected but this was different from my usual reads. This was a treasure hunt and it take a little while for me to get into the story. I did enjoy it, just a little slow for me
Rose
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rose

Following the hints to hidden treasure to far away places is a pattern for a very interesting book. Andrew Cunningham has brought two extremely interesting characters to play their parts while on this quest. He has also added much needed humor which makes this book awesome.
Shelley Engel
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deedra
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great start to a series.Sometimes the things you are told about family aren't really true. Del finds this out in terrifying ways! Great story! Greg Hernandez was the perfect narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Linda
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Lies

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I didn't read these in order but they were outstanding books all on their own. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Sharon
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book and fun to read
Barb VanderWel
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Chaplain Stanley Chapin
A nice little thriller

A bit beyond believable, but very entertaining. The story line was good, characterization fair, intrigue passable and just enough intensity.
Linda  Fielding
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Down to earth easy reading. Enjoyed the characters and their believability. Loved the details and action - not too cheesy!
Cheryl
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put it down.
Patricia Duhon
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read! Read in one sitting.

Enjoyed this story and finished it in one sitting. Ready for the second. I recommend to anyone who likes a light, entertaining story.
Marlys
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. I enjoyed this book. The characters were very believable and realistic. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

• The Gilded Sanctum
  • Stray Cat Blues: A Mystery Crime Thriller (Max Plank Mystery Series Book 1)
  • Evil in My Town (Serenity's Plain Secrets #6)
  • Dangerous Habits (Leah Nash Mysteries, #1)
  • Exquisite Justice (Marc Kadella Legal Mystery #9)
  • The Crime Beat: New York (A Cole & Warren Crime Thriller Book 1)
  • Blues, Butterflies & Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 5)
  • August Origins (Mackenzie August #1)
  • Flawed Players (Mackenzie August #3)
  • Never Con a Corgi (Leigh Koslow Mystery #6)
  • Bone Maker
  • Burning Greed (DI Tanya Miller investigates Book 2)
  • Dead and Gone (The Still Waters Suspense Series Book 3)
  • Shattered (Southern Comfort, #6; Dahlonega Trilogy, #1))
  • Compelled
  • The Second Secret (Mackenzie August #2)
  • Cult Justice (A Marc Kadella Legal Mystery Book 10)
  • Silenced Witness (Jessie Black Legal Thrillers Book 6)
Andrew Cunningham is the author nine novels, including the award-winning Amazon bestselling thriller Wisdom Spring, the "Lies" Mystery Series (All Lies, Fatal Lies, Vegas Lies, and Secrets & Lies,), the Cape Cod terrorist/disaster thriller Deadly Shore, and the post-apocalyptic Eden Rising Trilogy (Eden Rising, Eden Lost, and Eden's Legacy). As A.R. Cunningham, he has written a series of 5 ...more

Lies (4 books)
  • Fatal Lies (Lies #2)
  • Vegas Lies (Lies #3)
  • Secrets & Lies (Lies #4)