Start by marking “The Troll: Book 1: The boy with the sliver of ice in his heart” as Want to Read:
The Troll: Book 1: The boy with the sliver of ice in his heart

The Troll: Book 1: The boy with the sliver of ice in his heart

Three friends. A dark secret from their past. An internet troll threatening to tell the world.

Welcome to THE TROLL; the creepy, page turning psychological thriller series from the prize winning author of The Killing Jar. Perfect for fans of Gone Girl and CL Taylor’s The Lie.

Louisa is an academic at the local University, Kelly is a radio presenter and Adam is a provocat
Published July 17th 2015 by Blue Morpho Press

To ask other readers questions about The Troll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Troll

Lisa
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: top-author
I should have made time to read this in one go - it's a short book so you need to absorb yourself in it - I think my reading a few pages at a time meant I didn't get the impact I should have.

Luckily this is only the first part of the story so with the next parts I will make sure I can read in one sitting.

The style of writing is quite choppy and there are lots of hashtags which takes a bit of getting used to but it's a great commentary on how the internet can be a curse, especially if you are hid
John Edward
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Troll;: Book 1 is the first of a trilogy of novellas about 4 friends who have a dark secret from their past. Three of them are being pursued by "SickMan" over the internet. He seems to know everything about them & his attacks become increasingly disturbing over time but he cleverly keeps his identity hidden. I strongly recommend that you read all three books as they follow on directly from one another. This is an excellent read which kept me hooked till the end. Nicola also manages to in ...more
Katie
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Troll: Book 1: The boy with the sliver of ice in his heart, is part one of a trilogy written by Nicola Monaghan. I first took an interest in her writing after randomly picking up "The Killing Jar," one of her earlier books, and I immediately falling in love.

The Troll is a novella series about four friends with a long history. An unknown event or experience has separated them in some ways, particularly from one of the friends. The other three, years later, begin receiving messages - mostly t
Richard Barber
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest, to start with I struggled to be absorbed by this story. For me, the use of #hashtags and /other @internet syntaxes in the text felt contrived and pulled me out of the narrative. I was wrong. This bloomed into a brilliantly told story of shared secrets and guilty histories. By the end of the book I was #CompletelyHooked.
Bill Kupersmith
Shall rate when I finish all three parts but quite like it so far. We have three old school friends, @adam, @Louise, & @kelly, who are being stalked through #SocialMedia by a troll who seems onto some terrible secret from their past, but we're still to find out who & what.
Nicola
Jan 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
This is the first a series of three novellas in THE TROLL series. It was inspired by some of the things I saw happening on twitter during 2012 and 2013. There were an awful lot of rows and disagreements all over the place on my feed. It was interesting and disturbing to watch. I also saw a lot of online shaming. It really struck me; imagine if you had a secret? Imagine if an anonymous person on social media threatened to reveal it?

Read all about my inspiration and writing of this book in this i
Margo
Oct 12, 2018
pamela buhrer
is currently reading it
Aug 01, 2018
Nicola Monaghan won a Betty Trask Award, the Authors' Club Best First Novel Award and the Waverton Good Read for her first novel, The Killing Jar. Her latest book is The Troll: The Boy with the Sliver of Ice in his Heart and is the first in a trilogy. She also wrote The Night Lingers and other stories, Starfishing and The Okinawa Dragon and has been published widely in newspapers, magazines and an ...more