Start by marking “Redux (The Variant Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Redux (The Variant Series, #3)

Redux

(The Variant Series #3)

* Book #3 in the Variant Series *

Alex Parker sits at the crossroads, out of time and out of place. She went back to fix the past, not to imperil the future. Rescued from the icy waters of the Bering Sea by one familiar face, she's helpless to find another. Declan O'Connell jumped with her, but where did he go?

In the middle of her search, a new threat confronts Alex. A
Published July 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Redux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redux

Start your review of Redux (The Variant Series, #3)
Nerdy Housewifey
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
I thought this was a trilogy keep that in mind.
First book was great, second still pretty good then Redux.
... it took me three days to read first of all (I read usually two a day if I'm grooving) and I just kept thinking 'you can finish it, it's the last one, almost there' only it's not the last one, there's more!

I just don't know it's not that I dislike Alex it's just become so tedious... honestly the only way I'd read on is if there's some big twist and Jena Leigh manages to pull off where Ale
Veronika Scislowski
Wow what an amazing roller coaster ride. Yes all the time travel jumping was quite confusing and complex, but so many answers to the previous books mysteries and my many many questions were answered! The beginning of the book was a little slow but once I picked it up again I couldn't put it down and finished it in one sitting.

Very well written this series has shot to my favourites list and I just cannot wait to get my hands on book number 4. If you haven't read the Varient series I highly recom
Roseanne
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I NEED to read the next in book in this series. I love the writing, the story, the characters, everything except how the series is divided into books.
I am not even sure that these books end on cliff hangers anymore. But is more similar to that of books with a previews of the next book. So the story ends at the beginning of the next segment of the story. Which is definitely more cozy than an angry cliff hanger style.
I'm all for building a bigger arch but surely more a fan of tightly wrapped end
Sin City's BookAholic
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: posted
This series just keeps getting better and better! We are finally getting some answers people. In this book Jena Leigh is starting to give us a bone and answering some of the mysteries from the first 2 books. This book is all based in the past. Time travel concept is always interesting to see how it will play out and Jena did not disappoint, I love how she put it all together. Alex is stepping up her game, making the hard decisions even if they are the wrong ones. Which I think makes a great read ...more
Linda-Lee Pierce
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can you change history...is what someone predicted will happen the only possibility??? Travel with Alex and find out what happens in this exciting adventure. Love this series!!! Could not put this book down!!!
Catherine
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Interesting book, but I did not find it as good as the other books in the series. I liked how this book explained some parts and answered some questions from the previous books.
Sheila gullick
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!

Loved it from the very beginning. Alex's character is so strong welled. Action from the start to finish. Ready for the next one.
Cathy
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't wait for the next book
Holly
Adventures in Time, revelations and upset. Enjoyable ongoing story.
Tamara
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Redux

I am seriously hopping there is a book coming out I dont know about. This was a enlightening read explains so much and leaves so many questions.
Larissa
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
For the full effect of this review click here

I have to say that I slept on the matter of time travel (and for some reason time travel on TV is easier than reading it!) and only 15 hours later I managed to accommodate on my brain's timeline.
In Resistance Alex is going back in time with Decks, by mistake, and instead of going a decade or so back in time, she's actually 2 years behind!! And everything that made no sense to you when you read the first book, NOW it's the time to understand it all an
Tammy
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think Jena Leigh did a brilliant job with the story and plots. Redux held answers to the previous book's mysteries and how each plot revealed those questions was just right, well done Jena Leigh!
The first half of the book was kind of slow to my liking but acceptable consider the time jumping and future/past timeline things were quite confusing. I like the last 20% of the book when pieces of the puzzle started to fall in places and the actions begin.
Though it was skeptical if there will be the
Anny Hughes
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have a bit of a penchant for YA trilogies and have consequently read a lot of badly written books, but this series is not that. In terms of pace of plot, character development, realistic dialogue and internal monologues, it is very well judged and Leigh has a highly readable writing style. I did miss Kenzie in this book as she doesn't feature much, and although I enjoyed the epilogue I felt like it would probably have been better to save it as it took away most of the suspense of the final cha ...more
Maarja
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this book Alex is wrestling with the past and trying to make a difference to their future. She makes some choices, that at that moment seem to be very wrong. At the same time we don't know the full extent of her choices - maybe at the end they are the wisest. You can see the reason behind her choices - she is kind to the bottom of her heart and tends to trust people around her. She still has some hard time to stand for herself, but whenever there is a threat to her family she changes and is w ...more
Alexandra
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! After waiting so long for it to come out I've tried my best not to read it within 1-2 days-as I normally would- so that I could saviour every word.

Exciting, thrilling and spectacular, Redux is well-written and was well worth the wait! One of the best books I've ever read, Redux is amazing. You are able to find out much more about certain characters' pasts as well as join them on more of their adventures.
So why not take a while out of your time to embark on strong and
Erin
Aug 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Going strong. Finally done answers

This is not the end, but it is a strong middle book. Alex finally makes it to Seattle & many of the clues that have been dropped before are explained. Alex as a character comes more into her own--when she isn't whimpering about her live life it is apparent why people are drawn to befriend her & want to protect her.

Masters is a big bad. Alex can be a powerful "mama bear" when she feels her loved ones are threatened, but it will be interesting to see how she and
Elizabeth
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Maybe it's me ... This final book in the series just made me feel very confused. There were just so many inconsistencies in the storyline that I wonder if the author knew what she was writing about. The time travel ability threw a curveball into the storyline but it was so haphazardly maintained and told out that at various points of reading, I was just befuddled and lost.
The ending seemed very rushed and it wasn't cohesively well-put.
Natalie Hughes
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i was so excited when this book appeared on my recommended list in my kindle. I love the way we get to see thing from different peoples perspectives not just Declan and Alex. I love that these two finally got it together and i look forward to the next book and Declan telling Alex that he loves her cos its very obvious he does
Sam
Jun 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Jdm74aol.com
Dec 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Good

I found that the timeline jumping was confusing. I had to reread a few places to understand when and what was going on. It wasn't always clear. With that being said.... I did like the characters and the storyline has ongoing potential.
Michelle Nolan Zeglin
Dec 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
My fav in the series

I couldn't put this one down. Probably my fav in series so far. Great planning ahead with this story line and a a twist that actually feels somewhat believable rather than just thrown in to make the series longer. Can't wait to start the next book!
Kathryn
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally! I've been waiting for this book for a long time. I'm so excited!!!
Alyssa
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wish it was longer but i can't wait for book #4 now! I thought this was going to be the last book but now I'm left needing more!
Anna
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG this book is just so awesome I can't tell you any more with out giving spoilers away but if you like any of her other ones then you are going to love this book it is a must read!!!!!!
Kathleen Sibley
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Where's the next one?

Can't wait to find out what happens! I'm not usually surprised by plot twists but she got me. Great series.
Jessy
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and cannot wait for more!
Petrina
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book

I can't wait for the next book in the series. This book explained a lot from the first two books. It's nice watching the characters develop.
Nathaniel Haines
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I find myself jittery and wishing for the next book to be released, I cant wait!
Jessica Langiile
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This series keeps getting better and better. I love how much action, supernatural and love all in one book and series. I definitely recommend this book and series.
literature girl
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I love this book and can't wait to read the next book.
Goodreads Librari...: Adding book to series page 3 18 Jun 28, 2015 04:03PM

• The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, #1)
  • Legacy Awakened (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Fae Magic (Forsaking The Fae, #1)
  • LEGO® NINJAGO: Ninja, Go! (DK Readers L2)
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Big Nate: Welcome to My World
  • The Willoughbys
  • Everything's Amazing [sort of] (Tom Gates, #3)
  • Houston, We Have A Problem (Florida Doctors, #2)
  • Cream of Sweet (Chocolate Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • Deep in the Snow (Alaska #2)
  • Shivers of Murder (Sundae Afternoon Cozy Mysteries #5)
  • Snow Happens (Alaska #3)
  • Homecoming (Vampire Academy, #6.5)
  • Excellent Excuses [and Other Good Stuff] (Tom Gates, #2)
  • Smallfoot The Deluxe Movie Novelization
  • The Snowman Killer (Alaska #1)
  • Caked in Murder (Sundae Afternoon Cozy Mysteries #4)
Jena Leigh is the author of the Variant Series novels REVIVAL, RESISTANCE, REDUX, and RECKONING. Born and raised in the lightning capital of North America, she eventually made her home in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina. A shameless geek, she loves coffee, loud music, bad sci-fi movies, Skittles, and shenanigan-filled road trips to faraway concerts.

To find out more about The Variant

The Variant Series (4 books)
  • Revival (The Variant Series, #1)
  • Resistance (The Variant Series, #2)
  • Reckoning (The Variant Series, #4)