Start by marking “Forging Day (Crucible of Change, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forging Day (Crucible of Change, #1)

Forging Day

(Crucible of Change)

Global apocalypse never felt so good.

Olivia almost has the perfect life. She almost has a job. She almost has a boyfriend. She almost has a future.

It’s a good thing she has friends.

On a sunny day in June, the entire world steps sideways into a new reality—out of this chaos, almost a third of the human population find themselves transformed into Elves, Dwarves, Goblins,
Published July 20th 2015 by MuseItUp Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Forging Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forging Day

K.M. Herkes
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars is my un-rounded rating. Means I really enjoyed it, but it might not appeal to all.

Snapshot: I had pretty high hopes, and this tale still exceeded them. The plot moves smoothly and develops to a tense finale, the dialogue flowed naturally, characters were well-defined and interesting, and the world-building is presented through action more than explanation. The writing was even free from most of the indie-publishing/small press irritations that that grate on me. Huzzah!

Books are food
Bryan
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Forging Day' doesn't lend itself to to easy categorization. It's not a romance, lesbian or otherwise. It's not pure erotica. Ti's not post-apocalyptic. That said, it does include elements of all three genres. When we meet Olivia, the narrator, she is unemployed, living off the kindness of her friends and the generosity of her sister, and scraping the bottom of the barrel for boyfriends. She's not a bad person, but she is broken. Over the course of the book, she, like the Shards of Narsil, is re ...more
Gladys Gonzales Atwell
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nerdgirlofficial
*This book was provided by the Author/Publisher for an honest review.

**18+ Mature readers only!

I will have to say I enjoyed this premise. Global apocalypse with a twist of Monsters, taken the form of Faires, Elves, Werewolves and anything that goes bump in the night!!

Olivia, the main character is a Dark Elf mage with some kickass magic and an a sassy attitude to match. This provacative tale has high action, awesome character development and relationship dynamics!

If you are looking for a fantast
Aramanth Dawe
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book by a brand-new author. I thoroughly enjoyed this romp of a tale, with Good Guys to cheer for and Bad Guys to give you chills.

Can't wait for the next installment of Olivia's story to become available.
Noelle
Nov 01, 2015 added it
Of course I like it. I wrote it.
Dan Brown
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a tough book for me to review. I haven't got a voyeuristic bone in my body, it seems, and erotica does nothing for me. I tend to skim those scenes, and this book had me skimming a fair amount. So, fair warning, this book does contain a fair amount of graphic sex, and will be offensive to a certain, bigoted mindset (faith fore fend! There are girls with girls!). That said, I didn't skim the first sex scene, and I'm glad of it. It is not erotic, it's brutal, and it spiked a flame of rage i ...more
Rhett
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Must read

A great mix of sex magic explosions and religious blending. Great book can't wait for the next book. I can't wait to see what new powers and sexual exploits are going to come next.
Discfan2
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ff, mf, urban-fantasy
I really like the whole modern works with the introduction of magic. Olivia becomes a dark elf with magic, which she isn't instantly proficient with and has to train.

I'll be picking up the next book.
Samuel Barlow