Start by marking “Fearing Love (Loves of Deception, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fearing Love (Loves of Deception, #1)

Fearing Love

(Loves of Deception #1)

Fearing life is no way to live, but for Jessica Garrison, it’s the only thing she knows. After she lost her mother to cancer, she couldn’t bring herself to live with her father any longer. The lies and deceit she protected her mother from during the last months of her life now felt like betraying the loving woman who lost her life. Jessica left her childhood home at the ag ...more
Published September 4th 2015 by CreateSpace (first published August 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fearing Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fearing Love

Rick Veal
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Peek Inside the Mind of an Abused Woman

‘Fearing Love’ is a story of life changing proportions and although fiction the author has managed to infuse it with the ring of reality. It sounded from the very first page as if I was sitting and listening to the character relate her story to me personally. I loved this story so much that I was unable to put it down, and read it through in one sitting. The author’s characters are so realistic that they reached out of the pages and grabbed me, drawing me
May Sage
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Definitely worth a little detour.

I take this kind of story with a pinch of salt usually, because of the characterisation of the main characters: it's very difficult to nail something realistic without making your heroine too whiny or annoying.
Well, let me tell you: Kay got it just right with fearing love. Great story, easy to read, keeping you interested with twists and unexpected turns. I'll definitely read her other work!
Terra James
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good debut book. A solid start for a new author. I enjoyed the book. Has some difficult material in it. I can't wait to see where the next book in the series goes. I was gifted this book for an honest opinion. I would recommend.
Kaila
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having left an abusive relationship, Jessica has been staying away from the crowds, hoping not to cross anyone's path. She's secluded herself in her grampa's cabin, but sister Roxy had something else in mind. She takes Jessica to the lake together with her boyfriend, and Logan who has this smirk and eyes that can capture you. Hating that he's annoyed and a bit interested in Logan, she tries to avoid him. But Logan seems to just want to be there as a friend, and someone who'll just listen. Will t ...more
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was absolutely shocking. The themes were very dark, which I like in a book, but very tragic. I felt everything for the character, almost as if I were seeing into her soul or living in an out-of-body experience while reading this book. This is a phenomenal book that teaches that we cannot live in fear. Life is not only what has hurt us or what we have experienced that is negative. We must be open to accepting the good in life and
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loving yourself after being abused is a hard thing to do. You doubt who you are and what you want to be. Jessica needs to find herself and she also needs help. Logan is that man that helps her find herself worth and her way to a future filled with love.
I loved reading this book is was heartfelt, painful and very, very emotional. Oh so worth the read and squinty eyes I got from having to finish it in one sitting. Perfection!
Kris Hack
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book will break you. You will feel for the characters and root for their happiness. I felt like I was watching a sports game. Yelling and screaming when something terrible happened or when something amazing happened! The epilogue is possibly one of the best I've ever read. This is a beautiful story and not one you want to miss.
Sassy Bama Girl
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great debut book, with honest emotions detailed so vividly that it could cause tears! It cause tears for me!

I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Julie
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fearing Love by Kay Lindy is a story of the effects of an abusive relationship, a life filled with tragedy, and of moving upward and onward. This sometimes heartbreaking tale is told primarily by the main character, Jessica Garrison, with a few chapters from other characters.

Jess’ abusive relationship comes to light as she slowly trusts Logan with her story. Her late grandfather was her most positive role model, and all she has left of him is his cabin which is now her bastion of safety from her
Kendra Needs
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
FEARING LOVE by Kay Lindy was my first read by this author, and I have to say it was a pretty good book, but it is not for the faint at heart, and has some pretty detailed scenes about the horror that the main characters ex put her through.

The story in this books is well written and developed, the plot is very fast paced and I found it kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for that moment when you knew something bad was going to happen. The characters in the book are well written and developed,
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Jessica had every right to fear love based upon her past and what she is fighting in the present. They say people come into your life at the most unexpected time and I truly believe this is where Logan came from. Jessica feared her ex, Brandon and was still haunted by him when she meets Logan through her sister Roxy and boyfriend. From the beginning, Logan takes to Jessica and wants to be a friend although it appears she is crazy when in reality she is trying to protect her heart and save her li ...more
Dayreader Reviews
Sep 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Debut author Kay Lindy moved me with her book Fearing Love. I think Lindy is someone that will be a rising star. She portrayed the deep, emotional trials someone would go through after spousal abuse.

Jessica just left an abusive relationship and she is still very scared. But she is one strong woman, she doesn’t realize it. She took the most difficult first step and got away from the abuse. She is learning to live again. Everywhere she goes, she feels self-conscious.

Her sister, Roxy means well.
Morilyn
Fearing Love is the debut novel of Kay Lindy and she has dived in, feet first, into a tragic tale of abuse and recovery of a young women, Jessica, who seeks refuge in her Grandfather's bush cabin. It's out of town and only her sister Roxy and her sisters boyfriend Ben know that she's living there. She's always on alert and at times feels sure that someone is watching her. She agrees to spend the day with them at the lake and Ben brings his friend, Logan who's, visiting for awhile, along as well. ...more
Sunny
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book. Jessica is understandably scared and standoffish. She has basically exiled herself and only sees her best friend and sister. She does not want to be around anyone and does not trust anyone. This all makes sense. She had horrible things happen to her and I don't know if I would be able to be around people either. Roxy (Jess' sister) and Jack (Roxy's boyfriend) introduce Jess to Logan. He is a friend of Jack and is hanging out with them. Logan is a little bit of a mystery at fir ...more
Rebecca Austin
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy
I thought this book was great and thoroughly enjoyed it! There were definitely some emotional parts with what Jessica had to endure in the past but I think one of the important things is that there is an end when you put your mind up to it and are able to follow through. I love that it'll take time for Jessica but I know she will put through with her loved ones around her at the end of the book.

Logan was absolutely amazing and so patient. I loved that he never forced Jessica to talk about her pa
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
*** ARC given on behalf of the author for an honest review * * *

omg I loved this story of redemption, of self worth. Jessica has came a long way, she left an abusive situation but she's still fighting demons, she's self conscious of her surroundings and herself but with the help of Logan can she become who she truly is.
Logan is exactly what Jessica needs, he's patient, kind and is just trying to be there for her, a friend. with these two we see Jessica love herself, grow into a strong woman tha
Renee Kennedy
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fearing Love by Kay Lindy is an emotionally charged book that is set in reality. Jessica is recovering from spousal abuse, this isn't another fluff, oh he's an hot alpha, whip me book. No this is real.

You could feel the fear Jessica had in this book, scared to open up and of being touched. You could feel her shame of being back in her home town and hearing whispers behind her back.

Lindy, showed how Jessica overcame her fear and learned to live again without fear!. Sometimes that's all the accomp
Mel Shank
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fearing Love by Kay Lindy is defiantly a message driven, tear- jerker, that will give someone hope that there can be life, lived without fear, after traumatic circumstances. This debut novel is not one to miss. I really admired Jessica at the end and thought she deserved an HEA!
Jessica's story speaks to the heart and fear that so many woman have faced...Finding inner strength and beauty within yourself. Kay Lindy shows so much potential! Great story!
Amy
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A story of triumph over fear.

Absolutely beautiful.

Overcoming the past can be hard and letting someone into your heart can be scary but when love is strong and you are stronger you can do it. Jessica had a right to be scared but she was crippled by that fear, thankfully she found someone like LOgan, he never gave up on her and that in my opinion made this book 100% worth the read.
I LOVED LOGAN!
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
This book...wow! So powerful and such an amazing story! My heart pulled for them and just ached at every part imaginable! Thank you for writing such an incredible story!
Claudia Reinbrecht
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5
Jolene Huber
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just WOW

This book is a huge emotional journey. It is about a woman named Jessica. She was in a extremely bad abusive relationship. When she finally was able to excape she tried all she could to keep safe. With that trying to avoid people at all costs. Her Sister makes her go out. Where she meets someone new. This book is very well written. I really enjoyed it. It would not be a good book ti read for someone with abuse triggers. And no cliffhanger ending. Loved it!
Amy
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fear. Something Jessica feels all the time.
Fear that he'll find her.
Fear that he'll hurt her.
Fear.
The control he has over her.
Fear.

I will be honest, this book had me ugly crying, when we read
about Jessica's past and what she dealt with.
It was hard to read because you felt her
pain, her betrayal, her FEAR.

Then Logan falls into her lap.
She is unsure of him.
She is unsure of herself.
But they are mutually attracted to each other.
By chance, he needs a place to stay and she needs
a roommate.
Seems doa
Lisa Renfrow
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
 Fearing Love (Loves of Deception Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

This book is full of emotions! I cried, got mad, cried some more with this book.
Fearing Love is about a young woman who must find her way again.
Jessica was living a life in hell, till she escaped one night with the help of a friend. Jessica is a really brave woman. She is put through the worst kind of hell by her then boyfriend, Brandon, who loved to beat on her.
Jessica sister , Roxy, talks Jessica into going out with her and her boyfrien
Ivette Pacheco
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh God where to start?
I was gifted this book at a party and my TBR its a little bit long, but something about the book called me and I was like: Well lets start with this...
Its a little hard to read about abuse, not that the topic scares me, its just that sometimes something is missing or not well written, so when I started the book I knew that this was not the case.
Fearing Love and the story of Jessica is almost so real that you cry, doubt and scare like her. So good and so captivating from the
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I was given a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This was a good solid book from a new author, I really did like this book. It does have some difficult material and is really hard to read, but I can't wait to see where this series goes. It will keep you interested in it from the start with the unexpected twist and turns. I am really looking forward to reading more from this author.

Review done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews plea
Cat Parisi
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heartbreaking story of Jessica who is a survivor of an abusive relationship that almost ended her life. She feels completely broken and just wants to be left alone. Then a man enters her life that changes everything. She can't understand how anyone can care for someone as broken as she is.
May Sage
Sep 06, 2015
Dana Dickinson Naylor
Jan 07, 2017
Lisa Owens
Jan 09, 2016
Free for limited time 1 2 Dec 17, 2015 04:17PM
  • Monochrome My Madness (Colour #2)
  • One Life (Only You, #2)
  • Floating (Ray Point #1)
  • Taking Mine (Breaking Habits #1)
  • All for You (Shore Secrets, #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Second Chances, #2)
  • Heartfelt Lies (Undone, #2)
  • If Only...
  • Like Candy (Candy #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)
  • Not Enough
  • Quiet Lies
  • Without You
  • Friction (Station 32, #2)
  • Vertical Lines (The Vert Series, #1)
  • This Love
  • Transpire
  • Target (Renegade, #1)
Kay Lindy’s love for reading great stories lead to her desire to write. She wanted to capture women who rise above the harsh realities in life by empowering themselves to succeed. Outside of writing, Kay loves spending time outdoors camping and fishing with her family. As a mother of four girls, she also enjoys finding new ways to empower her daughters to be strong, loving women.

Loves of Deception (2 books)
  • Following Love (Loves of Deception Book 2)