Start by marking “Making Every Lesson Count: Six princlipes to support great teaching and learning” as Want to Read:

Packed with practical teaching strategies, Making Every Lesson Count bridges the gap between research findings and classroom practice. Shaun Allison and Andy Tharby examine the evidence behind what makes great teaching and explore how to implement this in the classroom to make a difference to learning. They distil teaching and learning down into six core principles - chall ...more
Published June 16th 2015 by Crown House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Making Every Lesson Count, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Making Every Lesson Count

Rikki
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really comprehensive book that keeps things simple - six strategy strands that should be used in any classroom. Experienced teachers may feel that some sections are teaching granny to suck eggs, but this is a great resource for NQTs and teachers early in their career, as it makes explicit what those with experience implicitly do.
Ben Breen
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is vitally important that teachers are constantly developing their practice, drawing from current research to boost outcomes for their classes. But with the pressures of the job, it's often impossible to find the time.

Making Every Lesson Count does this work for you. Drawing from an extensive bibliography of up-to-date research, advice is broken into six sections: challenge, questioning, practice, feedback, modelling, and explanation. Each section is illustrated with practical teaching scenar
Matt Butler
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teaching
This was very easy to read and had lots of great strategies that I will be writing up later. Would strongly recommend to anybody else in my shoes. I liked the emphasis on growth mindset and the very natural structure of the book. It was a great synthesis of many key figures in the pedagogical literature. Not a criticism of the book but some parts were not entirely relevant to maths. I think this is to be expected as most teaching books I have read so far focus on maths.

I left tabs (lots of them)
Becki Bawler
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best education ideas books I've read!
Val Connell
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really comprehensive book with effective strategies
Hannah
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
V good- will definitely read the English one.
Ed
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a reasonable book which ended up covering quite a lot of professional tips and tricks for "supporting great teaching".

Being quite fresh into the profession there were quite a lot of repetitions from things I had heard in my training year but, on the other side of the coin there were some good points that were worth re-iterating. I can imagine that if you've been in the profession some time and are seeking some fresh help that this is a good place to turn to.

There was quiet a focus of En
Zeba Clarke
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very useful and inspiring.
Sheila