Start by marking “Tea and Crumples” as Want to Read:
Tea and Crumples

Tea and Crumples

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
“Tea is how I love people.”

Welcome to Tea and Crumples where tea brewed strong with grace has the power to bring people together. The click of chess pieces and susurrus of fine papers mingle with aromas of warm pastries, tea, and the caramel of hospitality. Through it all, the steady love of God pours out in daily rituals.

Meet Sienna, whose spiritual gifts are the heart of
Paperback, First, 314 pages
Published November 2nd 2015 by Light Messages Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Tea and Crumples, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea and Crumples

CathyS
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Tea and Crumples for several reasons. 1) I am a tea enthusiast and this author knows her teas! The details of tea pairings to characters and the proper steeping temp and time were brilliant. 2) I enjoy learning about entrepreneurship and Summer manages to incorporate business savvy with character development. I want to visit the tea room and meet all her customers. 3) I enjoy a bit of romance and mystery and once again, Tea and Crumples provides both! Hopefully, this book will ...more
Delores Crotts
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! I enjoyed the perspective of a "high church" ideology, something as a Southern Baptist I am not familiar with. Somehow, the elegance of ritual, iconography, and structured prayer seemed ethereal. I would recommend this book to any one who wants to read an uplifting, gentle book full of goodness and grace.
Linda Rainey
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The book grabbed my attention from the first word. The story weaves a tapestry of her life and those around her.
It was fascinating watching Sienna in her ministry of tea.
The book reminds me of my cousin,Tracy with her embroidery.
The intuition, love and prayer she put into each pot and person was amazing.
I haven't read a book like this before and I ok forward to more books by this author.
An advance copy was given in exchange for an honest review
Robin
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rich in emotional descriptions and discussions of feeligs. Loved using tea as a bridge. Uplifting, joyful, helpful healing. Spiritually in touch with God. Explodes with wonderfulness and awe. I highly recommend this amazing book. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Deborah Hining
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I was reading this book, all I could think was,"this book is full of goodness, in every sense of the words." There is good food, good friends, good thoughts, good vibes. It takes place in a tea and stationary shop, and the owner, despite the fact that she is going through some troubled times, transcends her problems by turning herself over to love. If you are looking for a book that inspires and uplifts, this is a good one!
Robbie
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts
Summer Kinard draws you into the story of Tea & Crumples (An interesting play on words, by the way) from the very beginning.

Someone would think Sienna and Peter Bannock would have a charmed life, however, the life they envisioned is falling apart step-by-step. The only thing keeping Sienna going is her strong faith and the launch of her new tea shop.

Surrounded by wise, Godly friends and co-workers, Sienna is able to carry on with her life even though she's bombarded with seemingly
Jantine Kampes
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Why is it, that when a book is 'Christian', it also turns cheesy? I mean, I know the odd book where the characters are not dull, and where some really interesting things happen. This book does not belong to that group in my opinion. There are some big things thrown in - the evening before opening her coffee and stationery-shop (I love coffee ánd stationery, so it still could've turned out pretty well) the main character's husband is incidentally diagnosed with cancer when he breaks his leg.

All w
Cindy
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-netgalley, 2015
The cover of Tea and Crumples is what caught my attention about this book. It says it's a book of faith, tea, and love and it definitely is that and more. Sienna has a gift of knowing what people need and fixes a special blend of tea especially for them when they come to her shop. I really felt as if I knew some of the characters and a sequel would be great. It was an enjoyable read and my first by this author.

At the end of each chapter the author names characters in the book and what tea Sienn
Jeanie
Tea and sympathy. Tea and friendship.

A lovely prose of Sienna an entrepreneur that has recently opened up her own tea shop serving her community. Sienna has gone thru some pain of her own, she lost a baby and now her husband is in the hospital battling cancer. From her employees to her patrons, she discovers that she can face her pain while looking at the face of God. Sienna is not your average business owner, she builds relationships with her customers and brews the perfect tea for them. As sh
Ann
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author, and it definitely has left me wanting to read more. This is a beautiful and and heartwarming story centered around, Sienna, a young married woman and her tea shop. She faces her own trials and yet manages to minister to others through her shop. It is a wonderful story of God' love and grace and how He meets the needs of hurting people by using those around us. I was pulled into the story line and Sienna's life from the first pages. I was given a ...more
Joyful
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
death of Sienna's and Peter's daughter has put a rift in their marriage as Sienna shuts him out in her grief. When Peter becomes ill with cancer, she has a hard time running her tea shop. Her co-owner and staff step up so that she can spin time with him at the hospital. Then she meets Greg who is a great temptation. Will she surrender to her temptation while her husband lays dying? Then Peter receives healing to the shock of the doctors. What a great picture of miracles being preformed by God i ...more
Elizabeth Turnbull
This is a beautifully written novel about faith and love, centered around a tea shop. The setting is charming, the characters are richly crafted and beautifully diverse, and the conversations about faith that ensue after the main character, Sienna, finds herself in the hardest chapter of her life are moving, sound, and inspirational. This is a book to be treasured, sip by sip, with a cup of your favorite tea. Highly recommended!
Brigid
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I REALLY liked this book, and it came at just the right time for me. 4.5 stars. The characters were drawn well. The tea and garden descriptions were vibrant and luscious and made me feel at home. The plot was enjoyable, though I'd say it's definitely a character-driven novel. (My favorite type.) It deals respectfully with grief, and beautifully with friendship.

If I had one criticism, it's that the idea of spiritual gifts or sight is infused very strongly throughout the book, in a miracles-are-no
Constance Sisson
Peggy Geiger
Jul 29, 2016
Carrie
Sep 18, 2016
Summer Kinard is a Greek Orthodox Christian who homeschools her five children (four of whom are autistic), sings opera, and writes books on Faith, Tea, and Love. She holds an M.Div. (2003) and Th.M. (early church history and theology, 2005) from Duke University Divinity School. Texas Tea & Travel magazine called her novel Tea & Crumples an “uplifting story that will warm your heart and ren ...more